Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
to Roger, thanks (Read 4166 times)
Cheryl
Ex Member

to Roger, thanks
Feb 20th, 2005 at 1:54pm

Hi Roger,

Remember me?  I don't get by here often any more but popped in to see if you are still around. The email address I used to have for you no longer works.  Anyway, though I have not had time to read all the posts here yet, I wanted to stop in to say a quick Thank You for sending me my own copy of A Course In Miracles over two years ago. It took me over a year to really get into it but in the right time it was just what I needed to trigger my own memories of truth.  I don't consider any one ideal the ONLY ideal but as so often happens with humans, there will be present in a presentation a method or spirit that resonates.  After all, most of the messages are the same but with different rules applied.  And since ALL channelled material, including the Bible, must process through the minds of men, there is that room for man's own pereceptions and applications.  Whatever gets one to that top rung of the ladder without stepping on heads seems God given to me. Or Spirit or whatever the Creator means to an individual.  Right now I am reading The Bloodline of the Holy Grail which is also a very enlightening book with some interesting theories.  I love material that does not attempt to tell me WHAT to think but rather to look within and find the answers.  Again, thanks so much for sending me the book so long ago and it has been such a treasure for myself and the others I have shared it with.  You're the best!

Cheryl

IP Logged

Roger B
Ex Member

Re: to Roger, thanks
Reply #1 - Feb 20th, 2005 at 2:25pm

Hi Cheryl-

I sure DO remember you!  Great to hear from you.  I'm glad you are making progress in your own spiritual quest.  I have fits and starts, and just accept that I'll find my own truth in my own time.

Sometimes I find ACIM inspiring and profound, other times I want to toss it in the round file.  How is THAT for being ambivilent??

Btw this website has my current e mail address.  Take care and keep in touch.  You're pretty cool yourself!

IP Logged

jkeyes

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Tucson,Az
Reply #2 - Feb 20th, 2005 at 3:20pm

Roger B,

I too have had my problems with ACIM and that's after holding 4 years of open house on it every tuesday night.  Since then, when I need to refresh myself on the basics of ACIM, I stick to Jampolsky's Mini Couse for Healing Relationships cards or I refer to his book Love is Letting Go of Fear.  I usually can't start mornings I work without remembering "I could see peace instead of this" or "today I will judge nothing that occurs" to help me gain focus.  During my work day remembering that "in my defenselessness my safety lies" and "there is nothing to fear" have saved me from many potetially volatile situations.  As for the book itself, except for the introduction and the Principles of Miracles, I'm lost  ??? and don't particularly care to study my way out.  Plus as a woman, I get a little tired of reading god-he  Tongue.

Cheryl,

Glad you made your connection and good luck with you studies including ACIM. I got alot out of it but then was guided to Monroe and eventually to this board where I too have found some support.

Jean

IP Logged

jkeyes

Tucson,Az
Reply #3 - Feb 20th, 2005 at 9:13pm

Roger B & Debbie,

Remember that in our defenselessness our safety lies so you might choose to delete your last two defensive posts- but do them picturing those you love- PUL  Kiss. These postings have turned into an exercise in practicing PUL motivated by some sort of wierd attack  ??? by someone who seems to be manipulative and wise in the ways of modern technology but hurting  Cry.  He/she reminds me of someone close to me who I love more than he loves him/herself but has a way of alinating those who care most. This was not the sort of diversion I was looking for on my three day weekend but, Hey, that's life living on spaceship earth.

Love, Jean

IP Logged

Cheryl
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 21st, 2005 at 6:54am

Wow,

Coming back in here has been a bit like walking in on a huge fight at home only you didn't know there was trouble. It's kind of sad really.  I mean, I understand discussion and opposing views but there used to be lines here.  If I am the Cheryl referred to in the insuation above, I can assure you I am a very real, very DIFFERENT person than Roger or the other name that was mentioned. I just popped in to say hi to some old friends. I have been to one of Bruce's seminars down in Florida and last tme I pinched myself it hurt, so....

Why is it SOOOOO hard for human beings to embrace each other's similarities, find common ground and love without question?  When is the constant need to be right, to defend one's beliefs, to focus on only that which is different going to be put away? 

I just wanted to touch base with an old aquaintance and however much any of us disagree, I try to find the beauty in each person I meet and being in the healthcare business, I can assure you, it AIN'T always pretty on the outside.

One thing I have come to feel is real for me is that there is no one universal experience which will necessarily apply to everyone. Since we are all creators, since we all have imaginations and our set of ingrained beliefs and views, then we can create whatever experience we need to progress.  Be it partnered exploration, hands on healing, angel visions, mediumship, meditational out of body experience, not every thing will appeal to every person.  What difference does it make HOW a person achieves spiritual awareness as long as he does? That is one thing I always enjoyed about Brian Weiss's works. When challenged about whether his past life regressions truly proved reincarnation he stated that it did not matter so much how TRUE it is in reality but how much healing his patients recieved in believing it was true.  Come on guys. I dare someone to find a COMMON thread here.  I love you all.
Cheryl

IP Logged

jkeyes

Tucson,Az
Reply #5 - Feb 21st, 2005 at 9:18am

Hi Cheryl,

You go girl! You’re right on about us each having a different path that is unique to our own creativity.  For me, as long as I sense that I’m going forward in my spiritual growth through the experiences I’m having right now on this plane, I’m doing ok.  I really started my spiritual journey in earnest after a devastating divorce, remarriage to a beautiful soul, and moving to an island in Florida.  There I was introduced to ACIM, Monroe/Moen, and Brian Weiss.  I’ve only attended one Gateway related activity so far, The Excursion Workshop, but the experience of being with others working on the same goal, expanded my abilities to get in touch with level 12, expanded awareness.  It’s funny how that particular workshop turned into a turf war between Gateway Outreach Trainers.  I guess one of our biggest challenges here is to keep our cool when feeling threatened.  With Bruce’s material I’ve only been working with the Harborside tapes and did one retrieval with a girl in a barn (I suspect that it had a lot of Wizard of Oz overlay  Undecided).  I’ve found that I need the support of a group to really give me a boost towards the experiencing beyond my local and remembering it.  That’s why I’ve set at least one Gateway week and one of Bruce’s workshops as my next major goals.  I’ve only recently graduated from college and gotten my first job in my chosen field so I’m still a bit overwhelmed.  Meanwhile, I work with what I have, the many tapes, books, and this site, at my disposal.

I do want to mention that one of the craziest things happened at a Weiss workshop my dear husband and I went to.  Brian was leading the audience in a group “past life” recall just before we were to take a break.  I’m sitting there saying that’s there’s no way that I’ll be able to do it within this setting. So of course my intention was proved right and I didn’t.  Meanwhile, as Brian wound us down for the break, I turned to my husband who was white as a sheet.  I asked him what the matter was?  He doesn’t really believe as I do about these matters but is a good sport about joining me in my adventures.  So anyhow he proceeds to tell me this fantastic tale about being in an initiation room in Egypt, knowing he had to stay there, and that there was a woman standing outside the room watching him as he went through this process.  His description was so detailed, that I could almost picture it.  Then he promptly forgot the whole tale except for the year-636 B.C.  To this day that is all he remembers even though we later took a trip to Egypt in hopes of maybe triggering something.  He’s still recovering from that trip that we took 8 years ago, but that’s really his tale to tell. 

Anyhow, thanks for starting this thread.  Because of it I’ve had the opportunity to internalize some of my chosen theories a bit more, share a story, and possibly make some new friends. It’s helping me get a little further in learning to let unproductive “things” go while maintaining and expanding on the good “things” in the now.

Love, Jean    

IP Logged

Debbie Meehan
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Feb 21st, 2005 at 1:13pm

Herb,

I'm donning my "warrior" costume for a while, as I do believe you are helping me to finally receive some clarity here. I don't know if it's your Nagual powers you're sending out, or what, but thank you!

I was a bit dumbfounded last night, after all that occurred with Cheryl's post/thread. As I explained in my post I deleted, Cheryl and I met on this board in 2000, and have become good friends. I was attempting to write her last night, and forewarn her, sensing she'd most likely read up on things this a.m., and be rather surprised and confused, but I wasn't sure in my own mind just exactly what was going on, so I closed out my e-mail and thought I'd wait until today. It appears by her post, that she was surprised and confused, but I have written her now, to fill in the blanks.

When I wrote my post last night, I wrote with careful consideration. I was calm, peaceful, and did not feel the least bit defensive. I checked and rechecked, again and again, and again.  Actually, after submitting it, I felt quite good about it, and liberated in a way. After I read Jean's suggestion to Roger and I, confusion set in, and I reacted so quickly, deleting my post without really giving myself time to think. I don't like conflict or controversy, and do my best to avoid it, and I sure don't want to be rude or unkind, and I apologize if ever that's been the case. I am much more comfortable staying behind the scenes and taking notes on this board. I can't speak for anyone else in this scenario, but I do feel I got caught up in how someone else perceived (that's something new and different, huh? lol). Jean, I respect what you shared, and where you were coming from, I truly do. Implementing the teachings in ACIM has been my main objective for many many years. I do agree with Herb though, for myself, as it crossed my mind after what occurred, that fear set in, and it seems indeed a matter of making real, the concept of  "good and evil,"  by my so quickly removing my post, and actually, I shared that very thing when I wrote Cheryl, trying to explain things in my frustration and confusion.

Herb, I was intending to write and say I didn't think it was fair for you to take the "rap," as my writing or removing my post had nothing to do with you whatsoever. I know I'm 100% responsible for me. I wrote from my heart, being true to what I felt, but I second guessed myself.  I just needed time to process and understand my part in this, and again, your posts helped me. I like this. Am I doing good as a warrior? lol

Well, thanks to everyone! I've gained a lot from visiting here for the last five years. I have written countless imaginary posts to all of you in my mind. I have rejoiced with you all, cried, laughed until I've cried, empathized, and experienced the agony and ecstacy, even though I don't come out to post too often. Thanks again to you, Herb, as I'm receiving some insight from you.

Love and Peace to All,
Debbie

IP Logged

Cheryl
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Feb 21st, 2005 at 7:15pm

There are many paths leading to the water's edge, but how sweet the drink when shared with others we have met at the crossroads. 

jkeyes-thanks for sharing the experience you and your husband had at Weiss's workshop. Awesome!  I always wanted to attend one of his or of Michael Newton's.  I, too, have a bit of "performance anxiety" in certain settings. It was a bit difficult for me at Bruce's workshop but I did what I could and enjoyed the experience. It taught me some methods for use at home in my own environment.  Meditation has been the best tool for me to accomplish many exploration ventures, not just afterlife, but others as well.  It also helps to quiet the mind, it is the best "tranquilizer" around! 

Thanks, Debbie, for vouching for me.  You're a treasue! 

Love,
Cheryl

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.