Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
some questions (Read 13420 times)
Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Johannesburg South Africa
Re: some questions
Reply #15 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 5:28pm

Vicky wrote on Sep 7th, 2016 at 10:33am:
Alan McDougall wrote on Sep 7th, 2016 at 5:08am:
Vicky wrote on Sep 5th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
Alan,

I know you like to stir up conversation, but I'm not going to get into religious discussions or debates.  I am not a Christian nor have any religious faith or beliefs.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion so there's no point in trying to discuss who is right and who is wrong.  I say "To each his own".

Without a little stirring between members, there would be nothing to debate. If we all thought and believed exactly alike, the forum would have to close shop forever.

And lastly are you not a seeker of truth are you positive what you believe it accurate?

Alan

Why do you believe it's necessary to debate religion?  The purpose of this forum, in my opinion is mainly sharing and finding like-minded thinkers for support and helping each other learn.  Being open-minded aids in growing, learning, and sharing.  Debating about religion serves no purpose other than being entertainment for those who like to do so.

I choose to be ok with people being of many different backgrounds of belief and religion.  For instance, my dad was a very religious man, a preacher in fact, but despite our differences in belief about religion we could share our beliefs and experiences with each other and often found we were speaking about the same thing but each just using his own belief-framed terminology.  Dad has even visited me several times since his death in 2010...and according to my mom, Christians don't believe in making contact after death.  Oh well.  I believe what I experience  Wink

Yes I do consider myself a seeker of truth, which is exactly why yes, I am positive that what I believe is accurate.  It is what's true for me because of what I've  personally experienced.  It has nothing to do with what I've read, or debated, or what someone convinced me is true. 

I'm not bragging in saying this, but I've had countless OBEs, two of which were seeing my past lives, and I've also had an NDE.  But despite all that I am still seeking and searching and wanting even more answers and experiences.  I think that's what I'm here for in this life. 

I'm a follower of Bruce's work because we've have a lot of similar experiences and beliefs, and because I've learned so much from him that I've been able to apply to several areas of my life.  Actually the least of it has been about doing Retrievals, which I admit I don't have a lot of experience with.  But I've had some, so for that reason, I do believe it.

Vicky

In my last post, I made no reference to religion all I suggested that we should be seekers of truth!

As far as everyone to their own I disagree with that logic of yours, "Jeffrey Dahmer to his own murdered young men and ate them."

There must somewhere be an absolute truth and absolute morality

As far as retrievals go I simply cannot believe that, we mortal cannot retrieve a lost soul when we are imperfect and lost ourselves.

Alan

The truth remains the truth, no matter what we think the truth is, the truth is the truth regardless

IP Logged

seagull
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 5:52pm

I don't believe that people "do" retrievals. I believe people are guided to *help* to retrieve others if that is appropriate for their individual growth, if they are willing to trust the process, and if it is in the interests of the greater good.

A retriever is simply more visible to the person being retrieved, although their creativity is also very helpful.  I believe it has nothing to do with being a superior person.

It would be helpful to anyone who does not understand what a retrieval is for them to try Bruce Moen's cds. They are helpful for practice.

I don't have a lot of personal interest in doing many retrievals, but I always enjoy reading the accounts that others generously provide. I would have a difficult time believing it either if I hadn't experienced my own process.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #17 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 6:15pm

Quote:
I don't believe that people "do" retrievals. I believe people are guided to *help* to retrieve others if that is appropriate for their individual growth, if they are willing to trust the process, and if it is in the interests of the greater good.

A retriever is simply more visible to the person being retrieved, although their creativity is also very helpful.  I believe it has nothing to do with being a superior person.

It would be helpful to anyone who does not understand what a retrieval is for them to try Bruce Moen's cds. They are helpful for practice.

I don't have a lot of personal interest in doing many retrievals, but I always enjoy reading the accounts that others generously provide. I would have a difficult time believing it either if I hadn't experienced my own process.

Yes I agree.  I hope I didn't sound like I was implying that I "do" retrievals or that that's a superior skill.  I didn't mean that.  I agree with you.

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #18 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 6:26pm

Hi Alan,

When you speak of Christianity and God and the Divine, that's religion.  It's religion-based belief and principles.  I was merely responding to what you provided, and that's the route you went, so I responded to it. 

About Jeff Dahmer...he was a sick man with extreme mental problems.  When I said "to each his own" I was specifically referring to the topic of religion and was not referring to whether or not it's ok for sick people to do what they do.  This physical world we live in is a hodge podge of ALL KINDS of people and it's unfortunate there are horrible people like him.  But, for whatever reason, it's what exists in this world.  I think there are many things in life that we may never understand.

As for retrievals, Seagall explained it right.  We assist because we're able to be helpers to the helpers.  I haven't done many of them but it's a fascinating topic, and fascinating to try.  I think what can be learned from it is endless.  And Bruce teaches it so wonderfully.  If you ever get a chance to take his workshop you should.  It's even more impressive than his books  Smiley and I'm a big fan of his books, always have been.

Vicky

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

seagull
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 6:49pm

Oh, not at all, Vicky. The term "do" is frequently used and I wanted to clarify my own conception of what happens. I was just responding to what I perceived as Alan's idea that a human being might not be able to help for the reason of not being "pure" enough. The process does require a suspension of disbelief, an ability to trust in it. Not everyone can do this nor should they feel they need to do it if it causes them any kind of distress.

Also, you once described how you see things during a retrieval and it sounds very similar to my own experience, a feeling of a sort of grainy darkishness in which various scenes appear and interactions occur but some of the details are more sensed than seen. I don't know if anyone else has the experience of vivid color, but I don't.

IP Logged

seagull
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 7:15pm

Also, I don't want it to sound like I never see vivid color. For example, in my recent "Mom" dreams, I have had the impression of bright and colorful surroundings, very uplifting, which is why I am so reassured, knowing she is walking in light. I have enjoyed recording my encounters with her in the Dream Forum here.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #21 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 9:48pm

I haven't been on here much lately. 

I'll go visit the dream forum and look at your "Mom" dreams.   

I've been writing out my dreams and keeping them in a binder for many years.

Smiley

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Johannesburg South Africa
Reply #22 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 8:26am

Vicky wrote on Sep 7th, 2016 at 6:26pm:
Hi Alan,

When you speak of Christianity and God and the Divine, that's religion.  It's religion-based belief and principles.  I was merely responding to what you provided, and that's the route you went, so I responded to it. 

About Jeff Dahmer...he was a sick man with extreme mental problems.  When I said "to each his own" I was specifically referring to the topic of religion and was not referring to whether or not it's ok for sick people to do what they do.  This physical world we live in is a hodge podge of ALL KINDS of people and it's unfortunate there are horrible people like him.  But, for whatever reason, it's what exists in this world.  I think there are many things in life that we may never understand.

As for retrievals, Seagall explained it right.  We assist because we're able to be helpers to the helpers.  I haven't done many of them but it's a fascinating topic, and fascinating to try.  I think what can be learned from it is endless.  And Bruce teaches it so wonderfully.  If you ever get a chance to take his workshop you should.  It's even more impressive than his books  Smiley and I'm a big fan of his books, always have been.

Vicky

You do not have any authority to retrieve any soul and I do not believe that you ever have or ever will and that it is impossible for a mere mortal, like you or me to save the soul of any person or take them into your non-existent light.

It is my right not to believe what I am sure is a deception.

If you insist you have then you are the subject of an enormous dellusion

If a person is evil and depraved then they are sick? History has proven that idea as the essence of stupidity.

Hitler was very sane and highly intelligent having an IQ of 145. He knew right from wrong and chose the path of evil murder depravity, corruption, hate, racism, leading to the death of 70 million people and the worst crime against humanity in history namely, the holocaust

Do you really suppose you can retrieve a dark hideous soul like his and sent it on into the Holy Light of Almighty God, what utter nonsense is that?

Then you know nothing about the life of Jeffrey Dahmer, he was not sick, he was sane and had a normal upbringing with loving parents. He was simply intrinsically evil.

He knew what he did was wrong and that he was going to account for his depravity after death.

Please don't try to tell me that evil is just the absent of good, like the hole of a doughnut. Evil is just as real as good, and we have been given a free- will choose good or evil. Dahmer chose evil, it is that simple.

You make excuses for his depravity, when Dahmer admitted it openly, who then knows the most about the real working of the inner mind of Dahmer you or him?

He even admitted at his trial that he was evil, and by the way, Dahmer was by far not the most depraved person.

Alan

The truth remains the truth, no matter what we think the truth is, the truth is the truth regardless

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #23 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 12:56pm

Alan,

You've brought up this topic in more than one thread...so what's your point?  You obviously feel very strongly and passionately about this topic of evil.  Yes you can believe whatever you like.  I have said before that I agree with that.  I'm not trying to change you.  I'm trying to join into a discussion like some friends sitting around a table having a nice conversation, and the way you're behaving makes me want to just get up and leave the table. 

You say I don't have the authority to retrieve someone and say I’m delusional to believe it.  So here’s a fun challenge for you...Have you read Bruce Moen's books?  Have you tried doing retrievals yourself?  I'd really be interested in hearing what your experiences are with that.  A discussion about personal experiences is far more interesting to me. 

Just because I don’t have all the answers to every situation in this world doesn’t mean that I shouldn’t trust my own experiences.  I believe what I experience with my own conscious awareness because it’s not possible for me to experience anything in any other way.  To do so would be like asking me to think with someone else’s brain, or to use someone else’s body. 

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #24 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 1:25pm

Alan McDougall wrote on Sep 7th, 2016 at 5:08am:
Without a little stirring between members, there would be nothing to debate.If we all thought and believed exactly alike, the forum would have to close shop forever.

Alan

Alan,

So, you see the existence of this Forum as a venue for your "debates"?  Alan, that is not and has never been the purpose of this Forum.  It's purpose is as a place for people to share and discuss their exploration experiences and questions.

If you are looking for a place to carry on your religious based debates I suggest you take your religious debates elsewhere.

The main problem I find with your 'stirring' is that all it is based on your interpretations of the opinions and writings of others, along with your own rigid religious beliefs, and an unwillingness to explore for yourself even the possibility that anything of value might be discovered beyond the edges of your beliefs.  None of your 'stirrings' is based on your own direct experience of anything beyond or in conflict with your beliefs.

This website won't die if you stop attempting to incite religion base arguments and debates.  On the contrary, it would probably serve the intended forum participants well. Others are not here to debate you or any other religious zealots.  They are here to share and discuss their experience and questions.

Please don't feel offended, that is not my intent.  It's just that there doesn't seem to be any possibility that you will ever seek to know through direct experience rather than believe through the words and beliefs of others.

Bruce

IP Logged

Finn

ALK Member

Reply #25 - Sep 10th, 2016 at 1:39am

Hi friends. I had to re-register to get back here. My name is Tim F. I left because of  Christian  folks acting in a less than compassionate way  towards anything that didn't fit in with their belief-system.  I''m here now. The  actual point of this forum,  the true intention of it,  is in my blood.  I actually  hate talking about spiritual  matters. Talk is cheap. Tell me what you've done with your hands.  And .....

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #26 - Sep 10th, 2016 at 9:05am

Quote:
You do not have any authority to retrieve any soul and I do not believe that you ever have or ever will and that it is impossible for a mere mortal, like you or me to save the soul of any person or take them into your non-existent light.

It is my right not to believe what I am sure is a deception.

If you insist you have then you are the subject of an enormous dellusion

Alan

Alan,
Firstly, from your statements it is obvious you have know idea what a retrieval is, it's purpose, of how it's carried out.

Secondly, saying others are the subject of an enormous dellusion (sic) is in violation of the Posting Guidelines.

Thirdly, goodbye Alan, you are hereby banned from this site.

The Admin

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #27 - Oct 2nd, 2016 at 2:02pm

Regarding retrievals, and for anybody who might believe that it is something the Robert Monroe school came up with, below are excerpts from a 1960 book called “The Study and Practice of Astral Projection” by Dr. Robert Crookall. The book speaks of numerous OBEs people have had.

Case No. 113 – Mrs Phyllis Fischer says the following on page 114.

“On a “subsequent occasion, I was taken by a guide into the dark regions. It was exactly like Dante’s Inferno-people groped in darkness, scarcely discernible as human beings. I have since done much Rescue Work in these regions.

Pages 39-42 speak of case 43, Mme d’Eserance
First she experienced a higher level of being, and then she experienced beings that are in lower realms. Too many words to type, here are some of them.

“My interest in the mysterious dream-life drew me…near to a misty cloud-like region in which one felt stifled and cramped, as though the atmosphere had become close, thick and substantial. A feeling of almost fear and anxiety oppressed me, and I felt a desire to escape for the sense of heaviness which was gradually closing in. Yet the desire to learn was stronger and I combated the instinct which would lead to clearer air and freedom. [Discarnate communicators from “Paradise conditions say that, in order to contact people in lower conditions (including those in physical embodiment) and the earthbound (in the body-veil, delayed in Hades conditions), they must attune themselves by lowering their vibration. This process tends to reduce their consciousness from the clear, bright and intense super-normal type to the somewhat dreamy and confused sub-normal type, while the environment tends to no longer be bright and clear but more or less misty, foggy etc. (in extreme case dark). Thus, those who come from Paradise conditions to help either the earthbound or mortals find the process neither easy nor pleasant: they say some at some cost.]”

The words within brackets come from the book’s author rather than the experiencer. It makes sense to me that beings at a higher level of being might have some difficulty making contact with lower energy levels. They would need to change a part of their energy in order to do so. Going by how my retrieval experiences seem, I make contact with a higher level of being and lower levels at the same time. My connection to a higher level enables me to provide cleansing energy to a being that needs assistance. On some occasions I feel the negative energy that a lower level being has, and the more this being gets cleansed the more I experience love and peace.

Regarding retrieving aspects of self: it seems as if I have done so.

IP Logged

Gman

Reply #28 - Oct 3rd, 2016 at 2:50am

Recoverer. Good to see you back posting! There are many other books that deal with the Rescue work of Earthbound Spirits and those from the lower afterlife realms, which Monroe/Moen call Afterlife Retrievals. GMan 

IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Reply #29 - Oct 3rd, 2016 at 11:14am

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G2-3403803849.html

Actually "rescue" is a more relevant term.  To retrieve someone or something is to bring them back from where they came.

To free souls who are unable to find their way is more accurately described as a rescue.

R

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.