Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Improving One's Vision of the Ethereal (Read 2156 times)
BillB

ALK Member

NorthEast
Improving One's Vision of the Ethereal
Feb 28th, 2015 at 3:22pm

Hi,

I am aware of things people post on the Internet concerning opening the 3rd eye etc.  There are also traditions for this in QiGong which I used to practice until Hemi-Sync came along. However, to those familiar with focus levels, what are some methods to improve one's perception in those arenas?

I try things like, "Plus Perception" or "Plus View" commands, but with no success.  I have used my energy bar as a lamp and that offers some improvement, but whenever I do that, I get the feeling that I am doing something cheesy, or without class. Undecided

What can I say, I'm human.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Bill

IP Logged

Re: Improving One's Vision of the Ethereal
Reply #1 - Feb 28th, 2015 at 6:45pm

Bill, you have scattered the same subject, sight, over three threads, making progressive discussion difficult.   

You revealed the key to the answer of your question about sight in your first thread - light.

Light is the medium of sight. Light enables sight, upon every level, be it material, astral, or other levels.

Every level has its own type of light.
Non-physical matter provides its own light to varying degrees depending on its level.

We also have light within us that enables vision. The crown centre (conscience) provides light, as does the heart.   

As the physical eyes require light for their vision to function, so too the visual faculty of consciousness, the mind’s eye by which we see structured thought and look out on the subtle worlds, also requires light to function. Sight on any level is enabled by light. Understanding of light precedes understanding of sight. 

In another thread you mentioned episodes of being able to see in the dark. I too have seen in the dark during prayer and meditation – not frequently but occasionally when things fire up inside me, and often enough that it is no longer a distraction but something I go along with if it comes. Even though its near pitch dark, all around becomes silvery visible as if the full moon is shining but with no shadows. I recall on the first occasion I thought the moon had come out, but soon I realised it was related to prayer and meditation. It has never occurred when someone else has been with me because I have mostly done my prayers alone.

I believe the answer you are looking for lies in understanding, know-how and practice.

Understanding your self, the crown and heart, will provide understanding on light, and if it be of benefit to you, then from there you will understand the type of sight you are searching for.

The nature of light and sight is well covered in the old and new testaments. You may find their scriptures worth pondering. 

« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2015 at 8:35pm by 1796 »  

IP Logged

BillB

ALK Member

NorthEast
Reply #2 - Feb 28th, 2015 at 8:47pm

Note, my address "to those familiar with focus levels..."   Here I  was specifically asking whether folks familiar with perceptions in "focus levels" had some suggestions other than the old codified TMI ones.  There appears to be different perceptions in different "focus levels" certainly.  But I don't consider these environments to be the same as in my waking "normal" C1 experience.

I am making the distinction concerning new perceptions encountered in C1 this expereience - which I am not addressing here; perceptions that may recognize ethereal realities adjacent to ours. (episodes of seeing in the dark - for me are now continuous, seeing the soft lights and colors you review to in prayer/meditation)  As a result my question is a technical question regarding "focus level" vision aspects. 

To say there is a light for this and vision with that, and that there is another light for something with a corresponding perception for that something isn't really a specific answer.  Also light does not enable perception.  Simply consider the perceptive faculties of bats or dolphins, or beings seeking food or looking for mates in environments where there is not light.  This is confusion allegorical thinking with scientific aspect.  Eye "sight" is a perception that utilizes one narrow bandwidth of light.  Hearing is another perception that doesn't utilize light at all. Smell is another perception which doesn't utilized light.  This confuses the nature of "perception" in general.

As an aside I have studied Scripture extensively in my life.  To say the Old and New Testament... "well covers the subject..." is a stretch, taking the various writers out of the context they were addressing. 

There are many traditions based on thousands of years of experience (QiGong) that do discuss what you call the crown and heart.  However, the details of those discussions do not particularly pertain to the "ethereal".

One thing I do admire about Robert Monroe was his ground breaking work in trying to put the experiences on solid footing; pursuing objective foundations.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Feb 28th, 2015 at 9:07pm

It seems you have it worked out. Good.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.