Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The Super Psi Hypothesis (Read 11455 times)

Re: The Super Psi Hypothesis
Reply #15 - Jul 25th, 2014 at 2:23am

Don,

How was the thought form of Uncle Pete created?

Can you explain the theory of how a thought may come into existence without a thinker, and perhaps provide another example.

crossbow

IP Logged

heisenberg69

England
Reply #16 - Jul 25th, 2014 at 10:33am

Berserk2 wrote on Jul 24th, 2014 at 11:03pm:
DocM,

Well, the standard philosophical rebuttal to Descartes' "I think, therefore I am" is this: There can be thoughts of the thinker without there being the thinker himself."  So if I'm greeted by Uncle Pete in an NDE, the Super-psi theory assumes that Uncle Peter plays no role in our contact.  Instead, I contact a simulation of an absent Uncle Pete--a thought form without the thinker.

But who is perceiving the simulation of Uncle Peter, doesn't that require a thinker? Sounds like solipsism; the idea that only oneself exists. Also, if as Popper claims, all theories need to be falsifiable to qualify as such and Doc is right that super-psi isn't testable; then it doesn't make it as a theory!

IP Logged

DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #17 - Jul 25th, 2014 at 10:43am

It can become maddening if we question every experience as being potentially illusory.  Am I really conversing with Don?  Does "Don" exist right now, or is my entire world, here in physical reality, a world of illusion? 

I can only account for my own thought.  I can not prove the existence of another because I rely on information for verification of the "reality" of the other.  Input from my five senses.  A meaningful exchange of ideas and information.  And emotions or feelings interacting with others evokes.  Yet ultimately, the entire experience lies within my own consciousness, and one could postulate a scenario where my every interaction with someone other than myself is merely illusory or false.  The five senses can be tricked or simulated. 

I choose not to go in that direction (questioning the reality of others) because I see it as an ultimately unwinnable.  How do you "know" when you have contact with others that is "real?"  You just know.  We all, to one extent or another define our own reality.

M

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #18 - Jul 25th, 2014 at 12:40pm

Hi Don,

Actually I'm my favorite astral adept!  Certainly we can learn from other's knowledge and experience, but not much tops having your own experience.

I believe TC indicates there are numerous possibilities.  One is as you mentioned, gleaning information from a "database" of information or super-psi.  Another is actual contact with the deceased or contact with a "helper/guide" that gleans information and essentially "feeds" data to you such as a data stream, which can include visuals.  If this is true, then of course, it's not all super-psi.  To me, the main question is how does one tell the difference?  I think each instance of contact can be examined for the most likely answer, still, I'm not sure we can always discern the difference even with our own experiences, much less from the experiences of others.

A couple of my grandkids like to watch game shows and they are always amazed at how many questions I can get right, so this summer I've been showing them how to access information that you have no previous "conscious" knowledge of.  It's been a fun way to teach the kids how to use their God given abilities to access universal knowledge, which can have some obvious differences from actual contact with another being.

One can access information through super-psi and receive the information in a visual form, such as seeing Uncle Pete.  In this case one would receive information about Uncle Pete's history and/or future probabilities or perhaps even Uncle Pete's actualized present moment, however, Uncle Pete would not possess free will choice if the information were coming from a database of universal knowledge.  The tricky part for discernment is that Uncle Pete could act just like Uncle Pete and unless you knew every detail about Uncle Pete's life, it would difficult to tell if Uncle Pete were acting with free will choice or if you were simply viewing an aspect of Uncle Pete's life.

The non-physical is teaming with life and at least in my experience the majority of contacts where two-way communication has taken place, other beings when visual to me, have appeared as radiant beacons of light that emanate the most beautiful feelings of awe and love. Is this a common way for beings/helpers/guides to appear? I don't know.  That's simply been my experience.  I've also had communication with another that was unseen, but heard and felt just the same.  Someone else may have actual contact and communicate freely with another individual and perceive that being differently.  As Matthew mentioned, we all create our own reality to a certain extent based on our personal knowledge, understanding, beliefs, fears, etc., but I also think other beings, at least in the non-physical can create a reality for us if need be, or we, from a higher level of being can manifest a reality and experience it at the same time.  btw... great posts Matthew!

K

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

heisenberg69

England
Reply #19 - Jul 26th, 2014 at 9:32am

Relevent to this discussion I am currently reading Julie Beischel's new book 'From the Mouths of Mediums'. In it dialogues with Certified Windbridge Mediums (that is mediums who have been found to be accurate under controlled lab conditions, eliminating 'cold reading' etc.) addresses an understudied area; that is how mediums experience their purported contact with the departed. From reading these accounts it is clear (to me at least) that they experience discarnate contact very differently to how they receive 'psi' information and many know the difference. Doc hit the nail on the head when he mentioned intent and purpose of the contact as being the difference.

IP Logged

2bets

ALK Member

SE USA
Reply #20 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 7:46am

Super-psi seems like a new aspect of humanism--it's very centered on human brain's or mind's abilities.  If someone wants to create a new name for their new perception of psi, fine and good, but we needn't accept it as an ultimate truth or deceit.

A contrasting view of psi is that it is our name for the trails of consciousness each life leaves, trails that are accessible to all who can focus upon them. Unfortunately each of us humans has limited focus. Some names for those limited ranges of information that can be gleaned from psi are spiritism, ESP, NDE, etc. Most perceivers of psi get so caught up in their early experiences of a limited range that they do not go on to explore or study other areas or frequencies of psi.

An Ultimate Source of the infinitely ever-expanding psi-web has to be very glorious. We human individuals are just little blips sometimes following some major strands, sometimes creating our own micro-areas of netting. Or so says my limited Interpreter (-:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.