Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Bruce's Workshop - Amazing Stuff (Read 19973 times)
Rob Calkins

Denver
Bruce's Workshop - Amazing Stuff
Jul 24th, 2007 at 10:58am

Hi to Everyone.  It’s been a great summer for me so far.  I've missed you but I've been kind of busy so I haven’t been spending much time here.   In June I went to the Gateway Voyage program at IONS in California, a great experience.  And now I’ve just returned from Bruce’s Afterlife Knowledge Workshop, another great experience and what I want to discuss here.

For me the two programs were somewhat symbiotic.  If it weren’t for some of the exercises in Bruce’s Guidebook, I don’t think I would have gotten as much as I did out of the Gateway Voyage – more on that later.  And the Gateway experience helped me get more out of Bruce’s workshop.  For me it was largely a matter of learning to trust myself and my ability to sense.  In fact, Bruce starts his workshop on the subject of Trust!

I’m sort of the skeptical type.  I enjoy reading the sorts of books people here read and the topics we discuss.  For me reading Bruce’s books was proof that what Monroe was saying and doing was right.  In fact Bruce convinced me well before he finally overcame his own skepticism with the Punky story.

But skepticism is a funny thing.  It’s one thing to accept that Bruce’s experiences are valid and real.  It’s a whole different thing to accept the idea that I can have those same types of experiences.  I think this is where my left brain kicks in.  It’s fun to talk about and read about and I fully accept that many of you can and do have those experiences.  But for myself?  Well, I’m not so sure.

Yet the other day I did a basic retrieval.  The idea that anyone could learn to and actually do a retrieval in a two day workshop plus a few hours together on the first night is still difficult for me to believe.  My retrieval didn’t have the vividness or detail that the others in the workshop had but it covered all the elements of a classic retrieval.

My second retrieval exercise was more of a dud – something was going on but it would be a stretch to call it a retrieval.  I was concerned that I was drying up.  My skepticism was throwing on the censors.  But the last exercise was a big surprise.

This exercise isn’t so much a retrieval as it’s asking your helper to take you to someone who’s name your draw out of a hat that someone else in the workshop wrote down.  We’re supposed to obtain information about some real dead person that someone else in the room knew.  I was all but convinced that this was going to be another dud.

But, POW.  I had a number of substantial hits and more partial, so-so hits as well as a number of total misses.  The biggest hit was that I knew how this person died even though it was very unusual.  I was astounded especially after thinking I was drying up and all that skepticism was coming back.

Interestingly, what made the difference is one of those ironies we have to deal with.  I was determined to get something but at the same time had greatly reduced my expectation levels because of the lack of success on the previous exercise.  Bruce had suggested just trying to write down my impressions because some of them were so vague that I had trouble remembering them.  Somehow reduced expectations led me to not trying so hard and let me open up to receiving impressions, images, feelings, senses, etc.  Somewhere in the beginnings of this exploration I realized I was trying to put together a coherent story where all the impressions had to fit together.  I told myself to forget the story and just go for the impressions. 

Amazingly it worked!  Two things happened.  First, I released that left brain part of me that wanted everything to fit coherently together.  And, second by just letting the impressions do what they wanted to do or come and go as they wanted (instead of what I wanted them to do), I opened up to the non-physical and finally just trusted what was happening.

I expected something to happen at the workshop but I couldn’t have been more surprised at what actually did happen.  If you get one of Bruce’s workshops in your area make a point of going to it!  It’s worth even driving a few hundred miles or even trying to put one together yourself.

I’ve already cut this post down substantially and it’s still to long for my taste.  If anyone has questions or wants to share their experiences about Bruce’s workshops or exercises or other experiences, I’d be happy to keep the discussion going.  This was an amazing experience, at least for a skeptic like myself.  Vicky was there too, so maybe she'll share some of her experiences.

Rob

IP Logged

the_seeker

Re: Bruce's Workshop - Amazing Stuff
Reply #1 - Jul 24th, 2007 at 12:16pm

interesting.  i wish i could do retrievals and stuff in a couple of days.

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #2 - Jul 24th, 2007 at 2:07pm

thanks Rob, it always means a lot to me when people come here and express what happened at a workshop or TMI. its inspiring.

just to share, I have 8 hours of Bruce's tapes where they are talking in a workshop setting. One of the segments on it talks about trusting.
it hit me pretty hard, this idea about trusting, or playing along during these exercises, and also about releasing expectations of how it should come down.
One time during a growth period a friend, a medium on another board also hit me in the face with this trust issue. She said as a medium she had to trust what she was getting and just go with it.
I think Juditha said it too.
Marriane Williamson, an ACIM teacher also said similar: she said she was talking to her god one day and asked what shall I say, what shall I do when I get to my appointment with the public?
(insecurity thought)  and god replied: "I'll tell you when you get there, get in the car and start driving."

then I was praying one day for healing of, ok, a hangover. (long ago)
lol. I didn't see that my prayer had been answered and a voice said just act like it's already here; keep working at what you're doing and don't think doubt thoughts. then it was healing was delivered.

trust, it's the priority.
thanks for putting your energy here Rob.

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #3 - Jul 24th, 2007 at 6:26pm

Greetings rob and All,

Rob said: First, I released that left brain part of me that
wanted everything to fit coherently together.  And, second
by just letting the impressions do what they wanted to do
or come and go as they wanted (instead of what I wanted
them to do), I opened up to the non-physical and finally
just trusted what was happening.

What you've said here is very important, at least for me and I expect others too. I haven't been to any of the workshops yet, so I'm extra glad you shared this.
Your success and development are very encouraging, Rob!

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #4 - Jul 24th, 2007 at 10:29pm

Quote Rob: "But skepticism is a funny thing.  It’s one thing to accept that Bruce’s experiences are valid and real.  It’s a whole different thing to accept the idea that I can have those same types of experiences."
Yes, and it is, as Bruce wrote, a difference to believe (from hearsay) or to know (by personal experience). This is a main thing in self-exploration, once in a while you just get astonished when you get aware of your own beliefs by experiencing something that make that beliefs crash- even when experiencing something what these beliefs had predicted!. Usually, this hearsay-beliefs, tend to say "You know it all", but when you actually experience something relating this belief, you know you didn't know it all.

Good observation about this expectations thing!

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #5 - Jul 24th, 2007 at 10:59pm

Hello everyone!

I'm happy Rob started this thread.  I needed a few days to recover from the workshop.  The whole thing was very wonderful, powerful, spiritual, and amazing.  It was a delight having Rob there.  He's very kind and insightful, and it was actually very fun to see him so upbeat and excited to be there.  

As most of you probably know, I'm friends with Bruce and I care about him deeply.  For me, getting to finally attend his workshop was something I'd been waiting a long time for.  Although I know his material well, it's something I love to hear over and over to let it fully sink in.  The dynamics of Bruce's teaching style amaze me, as they do most everyone who attends his workshops.  Matthew, another workshop member, said that Bruce's style is so subtle and gentle that people don't realize where Bruce is taking them.  I agree.  

The place we stayed in was a huge house that's been used for meditation and spiritual teaching since the 50s.  It's a powerful place with a lot of energy, set up in the mountains where it was very peaceful and quiet.  

At the beginning of this post I said that I needed a few days to recover.  What I mean by that is I left the workshop feeling very spacey and actually depressed.  For one thing, it was very hard for me to leave that peaceful place and the wonderful group I was with.  I would have loved a few more days up there.  Some personal things going on in my life also contributed to my sadness, and the whole state I was going through had me feeling very disconnected.  The warmth and peace I was feeling during the workshop was something I didn't want to have to leave.  

But last night I had an amazing experience, an OBE with Bruce doing a nonphysical spiritual healing on me.  I won't give any details yet, as I first want to hear if Bruce remembers any of it, and second I haven't run it by him yet.  I like to share my experiences of others with them before everyone else.  Anyway, my point in sharing this is that I learned a few things from it.

For one thing, one of the most important parts to Bruce's workshop is his Feeling Love Exercise.  What Bruce will tell you is that if he could teach only one thing it would be feeling love.  Experiencing the feeling of love raises your perception beyond its normal limits.  I have found this to be true many times.  It's quite amazing how true this is.  As with most all of his teachings, I apply Bruce's principles to all our experiences in life, not just retrievals.  As I stated above, when I was feeling disconnected and depressed, it took me a few days worth of meditating to raise my perception just to the point where I could remember the feeling of love.  After raising my perception I was "rewarded" (ha ha) with the healing OBE, and since then I have made a complete recovery.  Feeling back to my normal self I learned something else.  I realized that my feelings of disconnectedness was due to my disconnectedness with my total self.  Once my perception was raised, I felt connected to my total self again, and in turn connected to others as well.  That feeling basically equates to feeling part of this world again.  I guess you could say the yuckiness I was feeling was along the lines of feeling the symptoms of a belief system crash.  What I was going through were feelings similar to that.  It took some powerful spiritual work to get me back to normal.  

Any one of you could use my experience above and remember to try it for yourself.  Anytime you are feeling crummy, sad, or depressed remember to work on remembering the feeling love exercise.  Another piece that goes along with this that Bruce taught in the workshop is that when you are projecting love to anyone, remember that you are only projecting the feeling of love, you are not projecting intention or will on anyone.  This is important in a couple ways.  I realized that true PUL comes with no strings attached.  And giving love this way instantly opens your perception beyond its normal limits.  It's very true!

So this is all my own personal experience with the workshop this past week.  Hopefully it doesn't sound too nutty to all of you!  

Love,

Vicky

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #6 - Jul 25th, 2007 at 7:44pm

Sounds good Vicky!

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #7 - Jul 25th, 2007 at 8:21pm

Vicky:

I too have found that my awareness expands when I feel love.

IP Logged

Rob Calkins

Denver
Reply #8 - Jul 25th, 2007 at 9:26pm

Hi Again Folks:

Seeker -  I think most people could do it but you have to be open to the possibilities of non-physical afterlife contact and you have to trust yourself when you start having non-physical impressions or sensings of things.  These are areas that I’ve had to work with or I probably wouldn’t have gotten as much out of the workshop as I did.

As to my retrieval – it was only the basic elements of one – a helper that was mostly a sense of green color; a request to be of help to anyone who needed it and for the guide to take me there; an image of a police car that I assume was from the 70s or 80s because of the lights on top of the car; an image of a young girl laid on an older style gurney; my green helper turning into a green blanket with some pattern on it and then wrapping itself around the girl.  Like I said the basic elements.  Whenever I realized I was coming up with an image of something that might be relevant, I think I’d get too excited and sort of interrupt the flow of things.

To myself at least I’ve proven I can get there and by opening myself up and working on that trust thing that Alysia mentions, I know there is more to come.

Alysia trust is critical and it looks like you’ve received that message from many sources and they’re right.  You describe the issue well!  I still have to think more about it and experience more – maybe that means think about it less.  Ha!

Betson, yup I have this urge to make everything fit into some preconceived pattern.  Trouble is that just messes things up.  Think it may be related to Bruce’s interpreter/perceiver concept but in me it works a little different.  It’s definitely a left brained sort of censoring effect – that image can’t be right it doesn’t fit in with that last thing that happened – gotta tell myself ok Rob, let it go just remember what’s coming in.  Bruce even suggested writing notes as we were going through the exercise so I wouldn’t waste mental energy on trying to remember things or think about them.  That was a great suggestion and that last exercise right after he made it, bingo! – I had more impressions by far than in any of the other exercises.

Spooky – that’s what keeps me going hear.  Although I still enjoy reading all those books, I’m tired of the hearsay and definitely want to experience it more.  And it works!

Vicky – you made the workshop all that much more enjoyable.  And what you say about Bruce’s Feeling Love exercises (and the Heart Intelligence ones as well) is absolutely right.  I think they were keys to let me open up to the experience of my non-physical perception at both Gateway and Bruce’s workshop.

Thanks for all your comments and observations.

Rob

IP Logged

black_panther

Melbourne
Reply #9 - Jul 25th, 2007 at 10:43pm

Rob and Vicky

Thank you so much for sharing this with us.  I was with you guys and Matthew of course "in spirit". 

You both will no doubt share more as it is exposed to you. 

Much love to you both, my friends
Irene

"Trusting that our lives are divinely guided gives us the courage to surrender our will and have faith that all is happening as it should"&&&&Cheryl Richardson
black+panther  
IP Logged

AhSoLaoTsuAhhOmmra
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jul 26th, 2007 at 12:28am

I second Irene's reply on all fronts, thanks to you both for sharing your experiences, insights, and feelings Rob and Vicky.

If Bruce ever does a workshop near my area, particularly somewhere in VA, i would like to attend.  Mostly cause i want to support people and activities such as Bruce and what he is doing, and i'm sure i could learn a thing or two as well.

At Gateway Voyage, i got a couple of rather immediate and obvious verifications of some nonphysically received info... and i guess for me, its mostly a matter of practice, consistentcy, and trust. 

Trust and letting go seems to be a big issue for a lot of people, but it seems especially so for men on average.   We're repeatedly 'taught' (more like hammered on) from a young age to shut down our feeling, trusting, and letting go nature, basically we're forced to disown, repress, supress our feminine side.  Sucks big time, and so often we don't realize just how much it hurts us, till it's more obvious and in our face.

Well cheers and thanks to the Feminine half

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #11 - Jul 26th, 2007 at 12:43am

Greetings, Rob,

You said: It’s definitely a left brained sort of censoring effect –
that image can’t be right  it doesn’t fit in with that last thing
that happened – gotta tell myself ok Rob, let it go,
just remember what’s coming in.

Hope it's ok to mention this, as I saw it on your profile earlier, I think, but aren't you
under water alot?!  Wink As a scuba diver or something?  So your left brain's censoring abilities are honed to life and death situations. Yet above water we have the help of our spiritual guides.  Learning they are there for us is one of the important side effects of doing these retrievals. I believe for retrievals we are even supposed to rely on them until we are sure that we*are* *not *alone*.  At least looking back on the progression of experiences I was assigned, that seemed to be one goal.

So perhaps your professional modus operandi (sic?) can be relaxed abit while above water?

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #12 - Jul 26th, 2007 at 10:54am

great thread Rob totally topical stuff.  when I first got to this forum Ginny was here, a great explorer, a good friend. I was reading her posts one day where she reported the mind expanding principle of PUL. It suddenly hit me as I glanced backwards relating to what love is on this planet. while in the first part of a relationship  I noticed the mind expansion principle of it acting to bring in new perceptions in every area of life.
then, when the honeymoon is over, so is that mind expansion principle and the new, positive perceptions which made life truly worth living and made the flowers even smell better. etc etc.    I think relationships of family and lovers are very very important on this  planet (believe it or not aliens are living life quite focused on other areas)

important to be in "love" 24/7 and stabilize and remember that its truly life we love, and needing each other to help us stabilize ourselves in having life in abundance, that feeling of widened perception that goes along with the feelings, but this is not to say we ignore the logic, love is logical to me, to choose it.

I guess the Beatles were right all along Cheesy love is all ya need..da da da da daaa..and I thought they were simpletons! haha!

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Rob Calkins

Denver
Reply #13 - Jul 26th, 2007 at 12:25pm

Recoverer – Yup, love always helps.

Hi Irene – For more to unfold it would probably help if I transcribed my notes.  Not sure when I’ll get to that.  I know there was some more stuff but I don’t recall it off the top of my head.

AhSo – You’re right about practice and consistency.  But that trust and letting go would have been a big issue at both Gateway and Bruce’s Workshop if I hadn’t spent a bunch of time working with Bruce’s heart intelligence and feeling and projection of love exercises.  They did help open up that feminine side enough for me to get past that left brained interference pattern.  Still have more work to do in this area, but I'm getting there.  Interestingly I think Bruce mentioned that more men than women attended his workshops on the whole.  Perhaps that’s because us more left brained types figure if an engineer like Bruce can overcome his doubts then there must be hope for us.

Bets – I’m not the scuba diver – that’s a different Rob.  My left brained stuff is just typical male acculturation and probably some genetics.  Good thing about it is that with practice, you can get around it – not unlike Bruce’s finding the balance between interpreter and perceiver.  I think we probably always need helpers in retrievals – someone that can function better in Focus 27. 

Cheers,
Rob

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #14 - Jul 29th, 2007 at 11:18pm

Hi All,

Ok, now that I think I got this photo thing down, I'm gonna put a few up. 

Here goes, enjoy!

...[/img]

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.