Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The dilemma of "it's not your time." (Read 1802 times)
rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
The dilemma of "it's not your time."
Jul 8th, 2020 at 10:48am

Many NDE accounts report that they are told they can't stay in the spirit world, they have to return to the physical because it's not yet their time.

This intrigues me. I recently finished a book about the black death, also called the bubonic plague. Approximately 50 million people died in the 14th century from this horrific plague. There was no escape. Entire towns and villages were wiped out in a matter of days. A family alive when they went to bed were all dead by the morning.

So....how do we reconcile the concept that our deaths are on some sort of individual timetable and the indiscriminate mass deaths in the 14th century? It doesn't make sense.

Think about this. The more I have, the more I have come to believe that we definitely don't have the whole story.

R

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Re: The dilemma of "it's not your time."
Reply #1 - Jul 9th, 2020 at 12:54am

I agree we definitely don’t have the whole story. 

As for any death, it’s my personal spiritual belief that we took part in planning it before we came into this life.  Maybe we don’t plan every little detail like date and time, but I think in general we plan major events in our lives.  Even if it’s something horrific like a murder.

As for mass deaths throughout history, I also believe we take part in planning that or deciding that that’s what we’ll experience.  I believe that for everything really, I guess.  Again, I don’t think we plan every day, or every detail.  And I also believe we have free will and can make last-minute decisions and changes if it suits us.  I don’t have any answers though. 

When I had my NDE I know for a fact that I chose to stay even though I was fully aware it meant dying and my kids would be without me.  I also know how angry I was when I was told “go back to the physical” and I was forced back into my body.  I literally can remember how angry I was.  But of course it didn’t take long for me to be so grateful and thankful that I was still here, still living and experiencing, and of course still here with my kids. 

I think that a higher part of my being knew that that time wasn’t my time to go.  It wasn’t my planned time.  However, the me in that moment was in such awe that I wanted to stay, but I didn’t know better because I wasn’t able to see the bigger picture of my life’s plan.  So I’m grateful that that momentary wish was overridden by bigger plans.  I believe it’s my spiritual being who is in charge of those plans, and that it does have all the answers even though I don’t know what they are or why they are. 

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #2 - Jul 17th, 2020 at 2:00pm

Going by what I have figured out, I pretty much agree with what Vicky said.

During the first few days of the Covid-19 lockdown (in March), I had this strange dejavu-like feeling that kept reappearing throughout each day. I couldn't put my finger on why this was so. Then I thought that I knew ahead of time that I would be living through this Covid-19 period, and the dejavu-like feelings went away, and haven't returned.

I know that life in this World isn't as wonderful as it can be in the World of spirit, but I am okay with being here, because this is a unique way to exist for a temporary period of time, and for all of eternity I will get to exist as a spirit.

Going by what I have figured out, this World is a school, a way for our Souls to learn, so we might as well make the best of it. If this World didn't include challenges there wouldn't be much of a point for incarnating here. It is important to remember that who we are is far beyond our body-based personalities.

We aren't forced to incarnate here, to a significant extent we know what we are getting into ahead of time. Perhaps our Souls are brave and capable enough to take on some difficult challenges. Perhaps our Souls aren't afraid to find out what our creative aspects of being are capable of, and which ways of existence are possible and preferable. If we want to know what our Soul has in mind, we have to find a way to be in contact with it.

Roger, you have referred to Peter Pangore before. When he had his NDE he said that he found out that his Soul is about 10,000 times bigger than the being known as Peter. He said that it is made up of numerous sections with each section being another self. What he said reminds me of what Bruce Moen said about Disk consciousness. Going by my experiences, our Souls do exist in such a large way.

« Last Edit: Jul 17th, 2020 at 4:32pm by Recoverer 2 »  

IP Logged

seagullresting

ALK Member

USA
Reply #3 - Jul 23rd, 2020 at 4:06am

If such a thing is true and we have multiple aspects to our greater being--in a spiritual sense beyond this physical body--then imagine that those other parts of our greater self hold some interest in our individual lives here. But, these other aspects can't quite get through, can't express, through our individual self in this lifetime.

We have free will, but we also have unknown, and vast, untapped resources in the greater being that we are. It seems that we do have a purpose in this life, for learning, for experience...experience is the source of our learning.

I have this vague framework of an idea that sits in my mind, and has been there for many years. It told me that something momentous would happen around my 40th year, 20 years ago. It also foreshadowed situations I would navigate through which are culminating right now.

Now, I cannot properly describe these "feelings" (which come in simple pictures) because they sound ridiculous even to myself.

But if there are greater (or "other") parts of my being that are held back from fully expressing while my aspect (my person in this lifetime) is inhabiting this physical body--they might be able to show through at times like a shadow on a screen. A wisp of an idea. Deja vu, premonitions...

In any case, we have resources that are beyond those in this physical world. The self that came here has a purpose, and it may be that our wants and needs here in the physical moment are not all there is.

I state a lot of things as if they are fact. For me, they are. Life itself is limitless, and it is possible that this life we experience is simply a dream that our greater self is remembering. There are times when creativity arises out of an unknown place and pulls me up and through a situation. I feel that I am not the conscious controller of this creativity and it arises on its own volition, sometimes when my own energy sources are spent.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.