Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Let's do some introductions! (Read 22837 times)
Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Re: Let's do some introductions!
Reply #30 - Apr 1st, 2019 at 7:51pm

Baroness wrote on Apr 1st, 2019 at 11:29am:
Good Morning, Vicky,

I'm a healer.... a Reiki Master, Herbalist, Seva practitioner, and Hypnotist....  I'm also a soul retriever but don't advertise that.  The most unusual about all this is it happened late in life after being a wife, mother, artist, shop owner, writer. 

Now a  different kind of life.  I'm living a very full one.  Smiley

Oh that's right, I remember you mentioned being a Reiki Master  Smiley.  I have my level II so far.

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Morrighan

Multidimensional Navigator

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #31 - Apr 1st, 2019 at 8:49pm

The healing aspects of a retrieval feel like an area open for further exploration. As healers, how do you feel a retrieval plays out in your own journeys of personal healing?

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
It goes in — it must come out. — Teslacles Deviant to Fudd's First Law
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #32 - Apr 1st, 2019 at 9:22pm

Morrighan wrote on Apr 1st, 2019 at 8:49pm:
The healing aspects of a retrieval feel like an area open for further exploration. As healers, how do you feel a retrieval plays out in your own journeys of personal healing?

Great question! 

I admit I haven’t done a ton of retrievals, but the ones I have done I’ve noticed a theme in them.  My perspective of interaction is always so close that I feel what they are feeling and/or I feel my own emotional reactions so strongly because of the connection to this person. 

Does that happen with everyone else? 

So for me, that emotional connection is unexpected and I guess it tells me a lot about myself.  I end up feeling things I wouldn’t have known or experienced any other way.  It’s like feeling what it’s like to be someone else for a few moments, and it really affects you.  I think the proper term is empathy.  I feel so much empathy and caring.  I’d say there’s gotta be a lot of personal growth in that.  And with growth there’s healing, even if we aren’t aware of what’s being healed.  Not to mention the feeling of PUL is incredible.  It’s an incredible feeling to feel and to give and automatically has a profound effect on you.   

I think we’re all “wounded” in many ways just by being here experiencing life with all it’s ups and downs, but we all just get over it and move on, basically turning our backs on the wounded parts of us because we grow up.  I can remember lots of little things from my childhood that hurt me deeply and made me so very sad, that never got fixed.  The only thing that happened is that I grew up and stopped feeling those feelings.  As an adult I don’t still feel that way but I can remember what that feeling feels like.  I can remember how it made me feel.  And I feel empathy remembering that.  So I guess I’d say that feeling empathy and love for others has to have some good effect on the parts of me that need love, empathy, and healing.  Maybe even just as a way of enlarging my capacity to love and empathize. 

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #33 - Apr 3rd, 2019 at 5:12pm

Observing only within the experience of a retrieval, I see how a healer may choose to explore new territory.

Within my personal experience, this means the work becomes reflexive.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #34 - Apr 3rd, 2019 at 6:12pm

Yeah I can see that.  I haven't done a retrieval in a long time.  I've changed a lot since I've done one.  I've had a lot of experiences and experience in many things.  I'm sure my new natural instincts and inclinations would play a role in any retrieval I do now.  Just as I think about the Reiki training and principles and apply them in all kinds of things in daily life, I'm sure the same intuitive thinking would happen during nonphysical experiences as well.  And would work the same. 

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #35 - Apr 3rd, 2019 at 6:16pm

And in the "spirit" of things (ha ha) a couple of words about the most recent retrieval experience.

To preference, this is a rough account of events that take place not long ago. The individual we worked with was in transition out of her physical presence.

I observe most do not need this sort of assistance in their transition. She, on the other hand, required a 100 percent clean transition so she could continue the work she held in place here.

Certain that is a 17 hour day for me on the day of her transition. And much longer for the others who are there at this time.

It is probably three more weeks following her physical transition of additional work. There are days when work begins when the first communication of the morning wakes me before dawn. There are nights I'm awakened at 1 or 3 to pick up where we left off. Then back to sleep for a couple more hours so we can begin again ....

The completion of her transition work occurs months later in a completely unrelated bit of work. It's just one of those things. I notice something and say: you remember you were looking for this? and 30 minutes later we're all smiles.

And to the question - it appears to me the greater part of the sort of work that sometimes leads to situations as I describe - is the strengthening of reflexive clarity. And a sense of humor helps!

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #36 - Apr 4th, 2019 at 7:04pm

Of course the events in my most previous post in this thread are extra-ordinary. "Ordinary" retrievals take seconds.

Just completed one of those "ordinary" retrievals. Wasn't looking to do one; had no intention of; simply saw what needed done and did it. And all in the course of what is, objectively, very ordinary reality.

While such a thing may sound interesting (I suppose, on some level, not really into some search and rescue squad stuff), it also brings with it a certain set of responsibilities.

And does well to be mindful of those responsibilities too.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #37 - Apr 5th, 2019 at 12:19am

I can’t imagine the level of work you do and yes it does sound interesting!  Assistance at the time of dying is something I understand, even if the person never physically asked for it.  I see it as a kind gesture and if it’s unwanted then so be it, but I think the offer will usually be greatly appreciated and accepted. 

My ex-husband remarried within a couple years after our divorce.  His wife passed away last June (2018).  I was so touched that I got to be there with both of them when she died.  It was in the hospital; sepsis after surgery. 

She was not a friendly person and she didn’t like me.  He said she wasn’t good at being sociable and didn’t like many people.  I never took it personally. 

But since I was in the room when they took her off life support, and knowing what I know, there was no way that I wasn’t going to communicate with her nonphysically!  This was an awesome opportunity for me, and I figured if she didn’t want it or didn’t want to talk to me, then she didn’t have to.  But I offered.  And it was truly amazing and wonderful what happened.

I nonphysically was sending her PUL.  I was asking her how she was doing, imagining the white light, just doing any communicating I could think of in the moment to bring her peace and comfort and sending all the PUL I could muster.  I had to try not to be physically smiling, that’s how lovely this feeling was. 

I could feel her responding with love in return and I had no doubt that this was real, not “just my imagination”.  I could feel she was actually excited to be leaving, to be dying, and I assumed it was because she could see what was on the other side, but I don’t know anything about what she was experiencing.

Then I felt her saying to me, asking me to tell her husband (my ex) to please let her go.  That she was only holding on for him, because he was crying so badly and he was begging her to come back.  She wanted him to know it was her time to go, but she wanted him to be ok with it.

My ex is definitely not a believer in the afterlife, or soul, or spirit or any such thing.  I had no idea how he was going to react or respond.  He knows my history, experiences, and beliefs, so I was just hoping he understood what I was about to tell him.  The only thing that comes close to this was the time when we were married and one of our cats who had died came back to visit.  That’s another story…but my ex was finally a believer when he himself witnessed our ghost cat...at least a believer that the cat had come back to visit even though he didn’t understand how.  I was hoping he would believe in this experience now too.

I said, “She needs you to let her know she can move on now, that it’s ok for her to go.  She’s holding on for you.  You need to tell her.”

To my complete surprise he quickly said, “Oh of course.  Of course it’s ok.”  And he said to her, “You can go baby, it’s ok.  I love you so much.  I don’t want you to go, I want you to come back to me so we can be together longer, but if you need to go it’s ok, you can go sweetie.” 

It was so hard, and it made him cry so much harder.  And a few moments later the life support machine made its alarm letting us know she was gone.  It was truly, truly amazing. 

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Reply #38 - Apr 5th, 2019 at 12:54pm

Vicky, I can't help but wonder what kind of experience you might have had if you were at Bruce's bedside when he passed.

Do you know if Pharon has had any contact?

R

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #39 - Apr 5th, 2019 at 1:13pm

rondele wrote on Apr 5th, 2019 at 12:54pm:
Vicky, I can't help but wonder what kind of experience you might have had if you were at Bruce's bedside when he passed.

Do you know if Pharon has had any contact?

R

Thank you for asking!  I WISHED I could have been there when he passed but it wasn’t really feasible and also his wife and close friends were by his side literally around the clock for those five days so that someone was always by his side.  I would have felt very intrusive if I had just flown in or asked if I could be there too. 

Of course I put myself there nonphysically in spirit anyway, and I was sending Bruce PUL and my thoughts, etc.  What I felt from Bruce at that time was that he was already “gone” doing things on the other side because he was eager to move on.  I think for him it was of no consequence how long it took his body to die because he had already moved his awareness over.  Knowing Bruce though, I do feel he was “checking in” on the physical situation only because his loved ones were there. 

Yes Pharon has told me she has had lots of contact with him.  She has lots of things like, when she’s having to figure out how to do something or how to handle something, she feels his presence guiding her and thoughts popping into her head of what to do, and she says it just makes it so much easier.  Like, “Well that was easy, thanks Bruce!”   

I haven't asked her in a while.  I'll send her an email and check up with her and ask  Smiley

Rondele, have you had any contact with Bruce?

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

mystical1707

ALK Member

Reply #40 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 12:28pm

I only joined this website about a week or so ago. So my story....

I think it most likely started when I was a young child and my Nan used to give me stories of her experiences. Her favourite one was what she called an 'omen'. One night she was at home alone and someone knocked on the front door. She went to answer but no one was there. Then there was knocking on the back door and again, no one was there. This continued a few times and in the end she said something like 'it's OK, you can come in now' and the knocking stopped. She guessed what it was about and was right, her Mum had just died.

That wasn't the only experience she used to tell me about. After her husband passed away (my Grandad died before I was born) she said that whenever she was about to receive an important message from someone, her husband would appear at the foot of her bed. She used to see girls in victorian dress skipping in her bedroom also so as you can imagine, hearing all this when you're a child, can certainly get your imagination going. So I think her stories was what sparked my curiosity in the paranormal.

I did have a few experiences that couldn't be explained as a child but I did the foolish thing of saving them in to my hotmail account and then didn't access it for a year so my account was deemed inactive and I lost everything  Cry Cry Cry (still not got over that!!)

But one thing I do remember was when I was a young teenager. I was inside a old hotel with my parents during a christening after-party and when me and my Mum got up to nip to the toilet which was in a different room and up a flight of stairs, I had a creepy experience. The whole time up the stairs I felt like I was being watched. My Mum put it down to the high ceilings but I couldn't shake that feeling and then as we were walking up the stairs, a cold draft rushed past us. I can't remember if my Mum felt it or not but I knew someone or something invisible had just moved past us and then I suppose it all just blossomed from there. Many years later when we finally got the internet, I looked online and sure enough, that hotel is supposedly haunted! I wish I could have gone back!

It was mainly during my twenties when I had the most interest and this gave me the most experiences, probably because I had such a big interest in it then. Then it fizzled out for a while and things didn't really happen until I decided to read up about it again and a few things happened. But now for about the last year I have really gotten in to it all again and been reading more about it than ever but still not got all of those experiences back like I did in my twenties although maybe things are just happening in different ways.

Baroness - I am curious about your tree spirits. I was curious if you have energy when you go in to wooded areas? I seem to have loads of energy when I visit wooded areas despite lacking in energy most of the time. I also have a huge love for woodlands and forests, nature and wildlife!

I've also had a few coincidences when it comes to wild birds so I think there is definitely some spirit in nature!

No one I personally know offline has as much interest in the paranormal as I do so I'm glad this and other websites exist.

I forgot to add that the GHOST film certainly made me wonder when younger if that's what happened.
« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2019 at 1:38pm by mystical1707 »  

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #41 - Nov 9th, 2019 at 1:17am

Mystical,

That’s too bad you lost your online journal.  I have my main email account but I have a secondary email through a different account as a backup.  And I save stuff to my computer as well as print stuff off.  As you can tell, I’ve lost stuff too so now I’m overly protective of it.

I know that I had way more experiences happen when I was younger too.  My theory is that our higher selves set experiences into our path when we need them, and as we grow and broaden our beliefs we need less and less put in front of us because we are more aware at this point. 

I think most everyone I talk to in person who has these kinds of experiences also has family members experiencing stuff too, whether they are really into this stuff or not.  It definitely seems to run in families!

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Baroness

ALK Member

Reply #42 - Nov 9th, 2019 at 5:00pm

Hello, mystical1707,

You asked about the energy of trees.  I'm not really sure how to answer your question.  I feel trees.  I feel their emotions.  It is like talking with them but closer.  Is it an exchange of energy?  Maybe.  Is it a joining of energy?  Maybe.  I just know what they need or want or what they want to give me.  Trying to express what it is or how it works is beyond me.  But when they share their love with me, it is what heaven must be  like.  I am so grateful they are willing to do it.

I have grown because of them.  I have learned we can experience a bit of heaven here.  It is all about unconditional love.  I'm able to give it because I've known it.  Not only the trees but so many people as well. 

I hope this answers you in some way.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #43 - Nov 9th, 2019 at 5:09pm

That's funny, this is the first time I saw this thread. A lot of info about me would be tedious to read, so I'll just say this.

Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Sign: Taurus
Age": 61
Likes: Love, God, everyone else, honesty,baseball and the music of Pat Metheny Group and Al Di Meola.
Dislikes: Dishonesty, people and beings pretending to be someone they aren't, ACIM, CWG, fake gurus, things that interfere with the spiritual evolution of mankind, and when I spill food on one of my favorite shirts.

Albert

IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #44 - Nov 11th, 2019 at 1:06am

Hi again!  I used to post here almost as many years as Rondele.  Today I felt prompted to lurk and noticed Rondele's NDE post.  I actually visited him in his summer cottage in Canada several years ago, but we have lost touch and I hope to renew our contact through the AK board.  I will be a good boy this time and may well start a new thread or 2 to try to kickstart participation.

Don

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.