Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Let's do some introductions! (Read 22788 times)
Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Re: Let's do some introductions!
Reply #15 - Mar 22nd, 2019 at 8:03pm

Morrighan wrote on Mar 22nd, 2019 at 7:48pm:
My personal and professional view (they sometimes need to align tightly) is what occurs in the course of a consult is so specific to YOU that specifics are not really the sort of thing that can be shared.

Suggested above (and this time less obliquely) is a consideration that skills shared here through the explorations Bruce gave you hold greater potential than may appear. It's all up to you, really.

I completely agree on all accounts.  It's hard to put into words how to describe what I got from my consult with you, even to myself.  Definitely need to relisten to the recording as there is so much there to absorb.

And those who share here do have a lot more to share than one may think...yes, I agree! 

When I first went to meet Bruce it was to ask him questions and to pick his brain.  Learning how to do retrievals wasn't at the top of my list.  I was open to it but there was so much more I identified with than that.  That first day, he said he wanted me to borrow his Guidebook and CDs so I could give it a try, see what I think.  I was grateful.  Two weeks later is when I had my first genuine retrieval, following his process.  I can't even tell you how surprised I was. 

But following that, I got more out of his Guidebook than just retrievals because I found that I could apply what he taught to how psychic, clairvoyance, and OBE perception works.  THAT was a big surprise to Bruce.  And of course over the many years we were friends we talked about this kind of stuff a bunch.  It was music to my ears the day that Bruce said he had learned so much from me, things that his work could be applied to that he never would have considered.  He thought it was so neat that someone could take his work and do something so different with it, yet the same principles apply.  I was just so happy he was willing to listen, consider, and understand my "wild" ideas. 

Imagine having your favorite teacher tell you what he's learned from you?   Smiley

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Morrighan

Multidimensional Navigator

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #16 - Mar 23rd, 2019 at 7:55am

What I observe is the stories of retrievals Bruce published and many, many others shared here (and elsewhere) fire the curiosity to begin our own explorations. And, I find, these are individual journeys. None may say what you may find until you go look for yourself  Cool

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
It goes in — it must come out. — Teslacles Deviant to Fudd's First Law
IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Reply #17 - Mar 23rd, 2019 at 10:46am

Yes, that's why Bruce often said that while retrievals have their own purpose, they are also "training wheels" for further explorations of the afterlife.

Btw he also cautioned against assuming that all deceased folks need retrieving. Most do not. Also, helpers can and do offer themselves up as a spirit needing retrieving, for the purpose of a training exercise.
They can take the guise of a recently deceased friend or loved one or even someone famous to lend credibility to the process. That's not to deceive and usually done when the loved one is otherwise occupied or when the retriever is still learning the process.

So much to learn but one thing for certain- we will never learn it all. It's like those Russian stacking dolls, you pick one up only to find another one underneath.

R

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #18 - Mar 23rd, 2019 at 8:14pm

Rondele, have you ever had an experience that you know of where the person you were retrieving was a Helper in disguise, and how did you become aware of that?

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Reply #19 - Mar 24th, 2019 at 3:33pm

Hi Vicki-

As Bruce explained at the workshop, there's a lot of confusion when it comes to retrievals. We were lucky to have Laurie Monroe in the class as a guest. She gave her own take on things which was somewhat different.

Re your question, as you know helpers often take on the appearance of a loved one when we transition. Our mom might have been dead for many years and not accessible, but having "her" greet us provides great comfort. Same thing when we initiate a retrieval with someone specific in mind. Unless that person has only recently died and is somehow stuck there's really no one to "retrieve". Laurie felt that accessibility is limited time wise after death.

The confusion comes about because some people tend to think retrievals mean contact with a friend or loved one. If that's what the person was expecting or hoping for, it might happen but whether the contact was valid or not is actually impossible to know.

R

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #20 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 12:51am

Right, now I remember what you’re talking about.  I had forgotten that Helpers can appear as someone to help get the attention of the person in need of retrieval.  Yeah, and Bruce also said that in fact a Helper can have any kind of appearance. 

When I set intention to contact someone I always only intend genuine contact as a visit.  It’s always my first assumption that people don’t generally need retrieval.  I think Bruce said it’s more common not to be in need of one. 

What do you think about aspects of self that still need retrieving after our death?  Are these aspects actually stuck, and are they in Focus 23 or where are they?

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Reply #21 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 1:14pm

Personally I never went along with the notion that aspects of our selves might need retrieving after death. That's strictly an opinion. I am more inclined to think that our soul remains whole and unsullied while our physical self is incarnated.

That view can be challenged, of course. It pretty much contradicts the theory that earth is a school and we are here to learn. Instead it gives credence to those who claim we are just here to have experiences and that wrongful behavior is only an illusion.

These kind of questions are above my pay grade. Way above! 🙄 I suppose we'll know after we die. But maybe not. To me speculation is interesting but it ultimately leads to blind alleys.

R

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #22 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 1:41pm

Yes, discernment is a useful skill.

Would you (general you) be able to discern (for example) a genuine St. Andrew in the course of exploration of extra-physical realms?

There is no spoon.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #23 - Mar 30th, 2019 at 7:54pm

rondele wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 1:14pm:
Personally I never went along with the notion that aspects of our selves might need retrieving after death. That's strictly an opinion. I am more inclined to think that our soul remains whole and unsullied while our physical self is incarnated.

Yeah I still have a lot of thinking to do on this subject but it sure is an interesting concept.   It's been so long since I've read his Guidebook front to back...I need to do that again.

Do you know if Aspects of Self is Bruce’s term, or is this from Monroe?

Here’s a quote from Bruce’s AFTERLIFE KNOWLEDGE GUIDEBOOK:

“The new concept, which may conflict with your beliefs, is that we can create alternate selves, called Aspects of Self. If this strains credibility, that’s okay, it’s just a concept, a way for me to teach a technique for eliminating and changing beliefs. In this concept some of the Aspects of Self we create, consciously or subconsciously, function to hold and enforce a specific belief. They appear to operate automatically, and we may have little if any awareness of their existence. These Aspects act independently to apply the effects of the belief in situations the Aspect deems appropriate. That might be a lot of concept for you to swallow in one gulp, but my experience indicates that even if actual Aspects of Self don’t exist, they are a useful way of illustrating something very real about how the effects of beliefs influence our consciousness and how to change or eliminate them.”

Bruce Moen. Afterlife Knowledge Guidebook: A Manual for the Art of Retrieval and Afterlife Exploration (Kindle Locations 1705-1706). Hampton Roads Publishing. Kindle Edition.

I agree with you that I don’t believe our soul is not whole.  I think of the aspects concept as having to do with identity and beliefs, not soul, for the purpose of survival, learning, growth, and healing.  I do like the concept of retrieving Aspects of Self from our present lifetime because I think it’s such a therapeutic thing to do just for self-improvement in your present life.  That’s mostly how I use that concept.  I would have loved to learn more about this subject from Bruce.

So on that note I looked for and found my notes from our “Self-Exploration, Discovery and Healing” workshop and had forgotten about one of the exercises we did.  So glad I took notes.  I’m going to share my experience in the Book Club Pages in the Afterlife Knowledge Guidebook section if anyone wants to read it.

Smiley

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #24 - Mar 30th, 2019 at 7:58pm

Morrighan wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 1:41pm:
Would you (general you) be able to discern (for example) a genuine St. Andrew in the course of exploration of extra-physical realms?

I'm not sure!  I always say, I'll have to have my own experience in order to decide what I think.  (That usually sparks an interesting experience even if I still don't end up with a definite answer!)

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #25 - Mar 31st, 2019 at 10:24am

Vicky wrote on Mar 30th, 2019 at 7:58pm:
Morrighan wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 1:41pm:

I'm not sure!  I always say, I'll have to have my own experience in order to decide what I think.  (That usually sparks an interesting experience even if I still don't end up with a definite answer!)

"I'll know when it happens" feels just about right.

Removing any overlay of expectations allows for the possibility of a personal interaction with (for example) St. Andrew where

he just goes by Andy; lives all that not far away and shops in the same market as you; and has hobbies and interests here same as you or I.

Same as entertaining the thought that Joan of Arc works as a ride operator in a carnival that travels the American Midwest.

Just two examples presented as possibilities  Smiley I've no personal need to talk to Joan of Arc, whatever she is doing now and have not the slightest idea what she's up to. Just haven't bothered to look because, like her, I have other things to do.

Personally, I find it a very good idea for starters to take close stock of encounters with others right here in the physical. Just because my human body sees another human body does not mean anything about who's in there driving.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #26 - Mar 31st, 2019 at 10:49am

I agree, I do take a “look inside” of people I’m close with or who I closely interact with.  It’s not enough to think or assume that the person is only who you see and hear that’s physically in front of you.  They are much more than they appear to be, whether it’s “good” or “bad”. 

I always feel (and am always reminded) that our physical daily experience is just one layer of what’s actually going on, that there’s also an inner layer.  So the outer (the physical) is a framework in which to work and operate.  The inner (the energy) is the heart of the matter and what’s really important. 

For example, I don’t like small talk in general.  But some amount of small talk is necessary to open up a conversation, open the door, and get involved.  Then it’s up to you to really get at the real stuff. 

Relationships are the same way.  We are first attracted to something physical, and we may think it’s all about physical chemistry.  But then things get real at some point, meaning we come to a closer connection emotionally and intellectually.  And we usually can see that what really attracted us wasn’t just physical, but that the physical played a guiding hand, a disguise, to open the door. 

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Baroness

ALK Member

Reply #27 - Mar 31st, 2019 at 12:28pm

Vicky,
I really liked this response especially the last paragraph.  It so nicely describes the development of relationships.   Smiley  I'll have to remember this one for some of my younger clients.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #28 - Mar 31st, 2019 at 7:51pm

Baroness wrote on Mar 31st, 2019 at 12:28pm:
Vicky,
I really liked this response especially the last paragraph.  It so nicely describes the development of relationships.   Smiley  I'll have to remember this one for some of my younger clients.

Thanks!  What kinds of clients do you have if you don't mind my asking?

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Baroness

ALK Member

Reply #29 - Apr 1st, 2019 at 11:29am

Good Morning, Vicky,

I'm a healer.... a Reiki Master, Herbalist, Seva practitioner, and Hypnotist....  I'm also a soul retriever but don't advertise that.  The most unusual about all this is it happened late in life after being a wife, mother, artist, shop owner, writer. 

Now a  different kind of life.  I'm living a very full one.  Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.