Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Paranormal activity in my house (Read 31065 times)
seagullresting

ALK Member

USA
Re: Paranormal activity in my house
Reply #15 - Sep 11th, 2018 at 8:05pm

So, in other words, the banging phenomenon could have originated from an entirely different source? And, kind of funny, too, that a cabinet like the one in which you were attempting to duplicate the noise, was a place that a camera would not likely notice?

In any case, I think that your other experiences certainly invite exploration. There seems to be continuing unexplained phenomenon.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #16 - Sep 11th, 2018 at 10:20pm

Based on my experience, it seems that the tape dispenser was used as a medium to express energy, or for getting attention.  I think the sounds I heard were an exaggeration of what physical sounds were possible.

On the topic of investigating, I do as much as I can think of to be open minded and rule out explanations.  I never jump to conclusions about anything.  There was another weird experience we all had.  My son, daughter and boyfriend, and myself each heard a very strange sound on separate occasions.  I found a sound clip on a You Tube channel of sound effects that matched exactly what I experienced so I'll attach the link so you can hear it.

Back in April my son heard it first.  It was back when our upstairs was being painted so all of our beds were in the living room and it's where we had to sleep.  He awoke one morning to this sound coming from our dining room.  He described it as a loud scraping or scratching noise.  I think I was getting ready for work so I didn't hear it.  When he told me about it I thought he might have just been in a half-sleep state.  I didn't think anything of it. 

In May I was home alone and thought I'd sort and put away some things of my mom's that were leftover in the dining room.  I walked in and was standing in the middle of the room and suddenly right next to me I heard this scraping sound.  It was loud as if it were literally right next to me, and it played over and over and over.  I couldn't believe it.  The sound was so unusual and there was no logical explanation for it.  No matter where I stood in that room it was just as loud.  When I later told my son about it he said it was the same thing he experienced back in April.

In June one night when my daughter and her boyfriend were visiting I told them about the noise I heard and they said that was the same thing that they had heard one day a few weeks earlier.  They thought it was weird and didn't know what it could be, but they didn't mention it to us at the time.   

So after we all compared notes it was obvious we were all hearing the same thing originating in the same area.  On two occasions the window to the living room was closed, and on one it was open.  I had even gotten on a ladder outside to check out the roof above the dining room.  I also inspected the basement below it, but nothing makes sense.  The way I describe the sound is something scraping across cement.  I took into consideration that sounds can travel and bound off things, but the window being open on the occasion I heard it still doesn't offer an explanation.  My back yard is very long and deep, the size of two back yards.  This sound sounded like it was in the room, not outside in the distance.

So here's the sound clip I found on a sound effects channel.  The clip is about 2 seconds long and that's how long the sound was that I heard, except that I heard it over and over and over for a few minutes.  So you'd have to replay the clip over and over like that to get the same effect I got.  But, this sounds exactly like it.  It took me a lot of searching to find this same sound.  Here it is:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUDRlpnV7q4

So if you have any ideas as to why this happened or what it could mean, I'm all ears.  Believe me, if there was any normal explanation for this sound I would have not put this on my list. 

UPDATE NOVEMBER 16, 2018:  The YouTube link above of the sound effect has been removed  Sad.   Sorry. 
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2018 at 8:42pm by Vicky »  

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #17 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 5:59pm

I've since set up 3 cameras in the house.  One in the family room, one in the kitchen, and one in the living room.  They're set up in good locations to encompass a lot of area, including the dining room, stairs, and patio.

So far the only strange thing we've gotten were some knocking sounds that we don't have an explanation for.  Every once in a while there's a light streak that goes by but I'm assuming they are flying bugs.  On a couple occasions we've seen orbs appear out of nowhere and disappear, but these could also be a little flying bug coming too close to the cam.  I'd only be impressed if these lights and orbs did something unusual, i.e. not a flying motion.  So far we're pretty sure this is just a little gnat or fly. 

Because they're set to only record any sound or motion, we turn them on before bed, then let them run through the next day while at work, and only unplug them once we get home from work.  I could have them record continuously but that would be an awful lot of footage to watch and wouldn't be practical.  Some neat features are that while they're plugged in you get a continuous live feed so you can watch it through your phone at any time.  If you wanted to take a photo or record you could just by pushing a button.  They are also set to alert us for smoke, fire, and CO2.  If you want to check out the kind of cameras I got, go to Wyzecam.com.

It's pretty fun to have especially since they are only $20 a piece.  Not a bad price for this little hobby!

I'm really hoping we do catch something paranormal though.  That would be pretty cool! 

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #18 - Oct 8th, 2018 at 1:48pm

Hello Vicky:

I just saw this, kind of late, just as well, since some of the stuff I have been dealing with might've influenced how I responded.

That said, Grin, I'll speak of what I have been going through, just in case it does relate to some degree. If you can communicate with people, then you can communicate with all kinds of people. The same is true when you can communicate with spirits. It would be nice if you only had to communicate with friendly spirits, but that isn't how it always is while in this world. For whatever reasons, some unfriendly spirits have become aware of me, and try to mess with me (on an on and off basis for a number of years). This can happen even while I am meditating and feeling divine love and peace. Despite my connection to something higher, being in a body and this world makes my presence available to unfriendly spirits. If your energy sticks out more than usual, such unfriendly spirits are more likely to become aware of you.

The key to coming to peace with this state of affairs, is not minding that unfriendly spirits make contact with you. I've gone through enough to realize that they can try to scare and mislead me, but they can't infringe upon my free will. If I choose love and other positive things, that is all there is to it.

In a way, it is a blessing that they have tried to mess with me, because this has helped me see that I have free will and don't need to become concerned about unfriendly spirits. When they come around I don't become afraid, and send them love and try to convince them to change for the better. (there is also that energetic merger retrieval thing I've spoken of before, but that's another matter)

It is kind of a bummer that I can't receive information from spirit without having to figure out whether it is coming from a trustworthy spirit, but that is okay, since I can listen to my intuition, common sense and intelligence, dreams, and already know much of what I need to know. I certainly don't know everything, but perhaps right now I don't need to.

I say all of the above just to make the point that whatever is causing paranormal activity in you house, as long as you have freewill and are interested in love and other positive things, you don't need to be overly concerned about what is causing the phenomena you are experiencing.

If your Mom is causing it, the time factor might be a problem. What I mean by this is, the way she experiences time could be different than how you experience it. What may seem like a short time for her, might seem like a long time for you. What can you do about this?

I have heard loud noises as spirits entered my house on a number of occasions. Most of such occurrences have been followed by one of those merger retrievals I've written about before. When such noises occur, you need to remember to distinguish between a creaking house and something paranormal. There have been occasions when I hear a sound like a fist making a loud knock on the door when the above type of experiences have occurred.

I have never seen anything moved around. I have had the experience of some unseen thing causing movement on my bed. There was an occasion when I felt a spirit touch me on my left shoulder, as if a person had done so.

A number of years ago I had the thought "even if an unfriendly spirit can't infringe upon my freewill, what if through poltergeist activity such a spirit did something such as drop a book upon my head while I was asleep?" I had a dream that made the point that I was protected by a higher level of being, and didn't have to worry about this. My feeling is that I have this protection because my heart, mind and soul are loyal to such higher, love-based level of being. If a person doesn't have such loyalty, perhaps an unfriendly spirit will be more free to do what it wants.

To sum up, we are in this world partly so we can be challenged with growth opportunities, including the opportunity to see that even when we are in a place where unfriendly beings lurk around, we are safe, and completely free to choose love and light. I don't mean to say that an unfriendly spirit is messing with you, just that whatever the case, you are okay, if that is what you want.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #19 - Oct 8th, 2018 at 4:31pm

Hey Albert,

As always I appreciate you chiming in.  You know me, I definitely am of the positive, loving nature type and I do want only that in my life and home.  Although the paranormal intrigues me, I don’t do anything to invite the activity.  I don’t do spells, play with Ouija boards or anything of that sort.  We are such a fun and loving family, and we don’t yell or even argue with each other, ever.  There’s zero negativity in our lives and home.  So I’m already with you on that note.  I totally agree…you have to know your will and desire not only on a conscious level but also deep within you.  It has to be at the core of your being.

I also agree with you that it’s something we must consciously choose every day.  A great analogy is going out in public, you have so many different kinds of people (energy) that you must encounter and tolerate.  You need to be strong in who you are and not let other people push you off your rock, so to speak.  Just because someone comes up to me wanting my attention, or to bother me, or whatever doesn’t mean I have to let it get to me.  No need to even wonder “why me?”   

As for the activity in my house, I'm just curious but not worried per se.  I mean, it goes get a little creepy sometimes but for the most part I know I'm strong in my faith and beliefs.  And I do feel ok, and loved and protected by my guidance and I know it’s always here for me and with me. 

Just to mention some of the other activity we’ve had:

In one night we had three things happen.  We were watching TV downstairs in the family room and heard a loud thud from the bedroom above us.  We went to investigate and found that the two tool cases my handyman left had fallen over.  (They had been standing on end, like brief cases).  So that was weird because there was no reason for them to get knocked over.  The whole upstairs was empty because my handyman had been painting up there.  The only other thing up there besides his tools was my computer desk.  So after that we went back downstairs to continue watching TV.  A few minutes later we heard loud scratching sounds coming from some boxes stacked in the corner of the family room!  They were about three feet to my left, stacked in the corner.  This was so unnerving and really kind of scared me.  They were cardboard boxes of my mom’s belongings from her bedroom that I had to pack up.  The boxes were all labeled and tape closed and neatly stacked.  I went over to them, looked around, moved them, didn’t see a mouse or something!  The scratching was very prominent, no doubt about it.  If you have a cardboard box in your house, go scratch the side of it.  That’s what we heard.  The scratching was kind of slow and random, and went on for several minutes.  We kept trying to ignore it but it was as if it was trying to get our attention.

So this was indeed creepy!  I just scooched closer to my son on the couch and we literally stopped giving it attention and went back to our TV show.  I swear to God, just a few minutes later there was a tremendous “thud” against the side of the house on the end of the room by the boxes.  It didn’t shake the house or anything like that, but it was a definite loud thud against the outside of the house.  It was about 9 pm, so dark out, so we grabbed flashlights and went out back and looked at the side of the house and the ground and area around there, trying to see if there was anything to see that accounted for what we heard, but we didn’t find anything.  That was quite enough activity for one night!  It just definitely felt like something was trying to get our attention.

I’ve had several occasions where I’m home alone in the evening and I hear the sounds of someone walking around upstairs.  It’s not just my imagination and paranoia of being home alone, because I’m typically not that easily spooked.  But these noises are so prominent that it’s the reason I got the recording devices.

Another creepy episode was one night my son was out late so I was home alone.  A few minutes after getting into bed I heard voices in my bedroom like two women having a conversation, but it was muffled as if coming from another room.  I figured it had to be coming from outside but it didn’t seem likely because although I couldn’t hear what they were saying, it was loud enough that it sounded from within the room.  My son came home just a few minutes later, and when he came upstairs the voices stopped.  I asked him if he heard or saw anyone talking outside as he was coming in but he said no. 

To give some perspective, if I’m in my bedroom or bathroom and looking out an open window into our cul-de-sac and see neighbors outside talking to each other, I can barely hear them, let alone hear what they’re saying.  The voices I heard that one night sounded as if it was in my bedroom, so louder than from outside.

I'll post links here to my videos in just a little bit so you can hear what we've captured so far.  Yesterday we had three separate occasions of knocking sounds.  I'm glad we're finally catching this stuff on the cams.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #20 - Oct 8th, 2018 at 6:44pm

Vicky:

Some skeptics might say that if you hear voices, it is because you're hallucinating. I hear them infrequently. I figure that if my mind created them, I would hear them on  a regular basis.  On some occasions such voices try to intimidate me. They might say something such as "I'm going to kill you."  Quite obviously they haven't.

Recently such voices have said things that served the purpose of counteracting my understanding that nothing can infringe upon my freewill, if I choose a positive way of life. I responded with thoughts that made the point that the evidence of my life experiences show differently than what such voices said.

It could be that there are occasions when friendly, love-based beings communicated with me such a way in order to help me grow. They provided me with growth opportunities. I know that I have been provided with nonphysical experiences that served such a purpose.

It could be that there are people in mental institutions that have heard the voices of unfriendly spirits. If such people would be taught to take responsibility for their spirituality and stand up to unfriendly spirits, they would probably have much better success with getting well, than they have when they are told they are crazy, and are drugged.  Since things are set up so we have the freewill to choose  a positive way of life, any of us should be able overcome negative influences. Even if a person's mind creates such voices, if such a person deals with the fear that plays a part in creating them, he or she will have a better chance of overcoming them.

If anybody ever has trouble with beings that try to mess with you, during such a moment notice that you are completely free to choose the way of being you want. This is true even if an unfriendly being causes you to feel negative energy. The existence of our freewill is a very key factor!

P.S. For the most part the voices I have heard have come from friendly spirits.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #21 - Oct 8th, 2018 at 7:45pm

I don't feel that that experience with the voices was "in my head".  It was just like hearing with my physical ears. 

Bruce too believed that there were many people in mental institutions who weren't actually "crazy" but who were able to hear nonphysicals talking to them, or who were able to experience nonphysical people and realities but who unfortunately were not able to accept, handle, or understand what they were experiencing, which probably then did lead to a certain amount of mental problem.  It's why Bruce worked closely with psychotherapist friend of his.  Bruce would nonphysically look in on these patients, see what the nonphysical issue was that was affecting them, and then with that knowledge the therapist better knew how to help the patient.  From what I know they had a lot of success with pulling patients from being in a state of total helplessness to actually being able to function again.  From what I know, these were very severe "mental" cases.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #22 - Oct 8th, 2018 at 8:04pm

I have found that the voices can sound as if they are coming within or without. If you think about it, even when we hear a person's voice, we hear it within our mind.

Vicky wrote on Oct 8th, 2018 at 7:45pm:
I don't feel that that experience with the voices was "in my head".  It was just like hearing with my physical ears. 

Bruce too believed that there were many people in mental institutions who weren't actually "crazy" but who were able to hear nonphysicals talking to them, or who were able to experience nonphysical people and realities but who unfortunately were not able to accept, handle, or understand what they were experiencing, which probably then did lead to a certain amount of mental problem.  It's why Bruce worked closely with psychotherapist friend of his.  Bruce would nonphysically look in on these patients, see what the nonphysical issue was that was affecting them, and then with that knowledge the therapist better knew how to help the patient.  From what I know they had a lot of success with pulling patients from being in a state of total helplessness to actually being able to function again.  From what I know, these were very severe "mental" cases. 

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #23 - Oct 8th, 2018 at 9:04pm

Here’s an update on what my cams have captured so far.  We often hear knocking sounds inside the house.  Sometimes it’s in the living room, sometimes the kitchen, sometimes the family room, so it’s random.  The kitchen and living room cams caught these knocking sounds on three occasions yesterday!  The quality of the sound is different each time, so it’s not the same thing each time.  Sometimes it’s one knock, sometimes two, sometimes they’re closer together or farther apart.  I’m glad we’re finally starting to capture some stuff on the cams!!

Here's a link to my Facebook page as well as each separate video page:

https://www.facebook.com/vicky.short.7

https://www.facebook.com/vicky.short.7/videos/10212890847442727/

https://www.facebook.com/vicky.short.7/videos/10212890858843012/

https://www.facebook.com/vicky.short.7/videos/10212890863123119/

https://www.facebook.com/vicky.short.7/videos/10212891612661857/

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #24 - Oct 25th, 2018 at 8:58pm

The 16th of October was the last time our cams recorded any knocks.  We haven’t heard any on our own either.  We were getting them nearly every night and now it’s been nine days with none.  That’s pretty interesting.  Since it was happening so often I didn’t post all those recordings.  I don’t know why they stopped. 

On Monday, October 23, 2018 when no one was home, we got this at 10:38 in the morning.  At the very beginning there’s a “boom” and then there’s a sort of “roar”:

https://www.facebook.com/vicky.short.7/videos/10212988286998655/

The windows in the living room and dining room were closed, and the sound is originating in the room.  I notice that it’s not relatively loud.  I listen through headphones and I turn up the volume in order to be able to hear all the nuances of the sounds. 

I’ve downloaded Audacity which is a sound editing software.  While I still don’t yet know all the ins and outs of this software, I’m able to upload these recordings and amplify them. 

Yesterday, on Wednesday October 24, 2018 at 9:00 am we got this:
https://www.facebook.com/vicky.short.7/videos/10212994012621792/

At the very beginning there’s a whistle and some talking, then bumping sounds, then muffled voices. 

My son was home at the time, but he was up in his bedroom with the door closed.  This recording isn’t him, or his computer, or anything he was doing.  We’ve done several tests and experiments to see how much noise it takes in order for any of the cams to pick up sound from upstairs, and it takes a lot just to even hear it with the naked ear.  Normal activity upstairs, such as walking around, opening doors and drawers, talking on the phone, playing a You Tube video…none of this gets picked up by the cams.

Here’s our experiment that we did just a few minutes later:
https://www.facebook.com/vicky.short.7/videos/10212994061583016/

You don’t hear anything.  And the cam didn’t auto-record this, I manually recorded it.  The cams are set to record on motion or sound.  When I put this recording through Audacity and amplified it, you can finally barely hear my son’s YouTube video that he was playing loudly for the experiment but there’s also a bunch of static. 

The recording of the “boom” and “roar” is certainly very, very bizarre.  The one with the bumps and voices is strange.  And since we cannot recreate it and can’t make the cam “hear” us when trying to make noise, does that prove this is actual EVP? 

I don’t know what to think of any of this.  I was still on the fence about all the “knocking” recordings I was getting, but once they suddenly completely stopped and then we got these other weird audio recordings, I’m now more convinced this is paranormal. 

What do you think?

Vicky

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #25 - Oct 25th, 2018 at 11:44pm

Hello Vicky:

I listened and couldn't make out anything discernible. Just so you know, sometimes refrigerators make noises such as knocking noises. I understand that more than knocking noises are involved, but fridge noise could be a contributing factor.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #26 - Oct 26th, 2018 at 12:05am

Hi Albert,

Yeah I'm aware that fridges can make similar sounds.  We've had it where the knocking occurred in other rooms, caught by the other cams, not just the kitchen.  We have a camera in the living room, one in the kitchen, and one in the family room.

What did you think of the recording that had the boom and the roar?  I think that is so weird.  The cams don't pick up outside sounds from my neighbors, and since the windows were closed it's unlikely it came from outside. 

It's interesting, to say the least!

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

seagullresting

ALK Member

USA
Reply #27 - Oct 26th, 2018 at 9:46pm

That's really cool. I hear everything you described by turning up the volume on the computer with no headphones. I can see what you are doing to try to eliminate alternate sources for the sounds.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #28 - Oct 26th, 2018 at 10:40pm

Hi Seagull,

I hear it better with the headphones.  I think the volume on my computer isn't very good.  I'm glad you could hear it! 

I've been in touch with a member of the support team who makes the cameras, and he thought these recordings were really cool.  He said the sounds are definitely coming from within the room, not from an outside source, and I thought it was really neat to have his opinion on that.

I know that I've always had the paranormal be attracted to me.  I've had so many experiences with it, so that's why this doesn't scare me.  But I'm SO curious to know what it is and why!!

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #29 - Oct 29th, 2018 at 12:34pm

Vicky, I am just letting you know that I read your response.

Vicky wrote on Oct 26th, 2018 at 12:05am:
Hi Albert,

Yeah I'm aware that fridges can make similar sounds.  We've had it where the knocking occurred in other rooms, caught by the other cams, not just the kitchen.  We have a camera in the living room, one in the kitchen, and one in the family room.

What did you think of the recording that had the boom and the roar?  I think that is so weird.  The cams don't pick up outside sounds from my neighbors, and since the windows were closed it's unlikely it came from outside. 

It's interesting, to say the least!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.