Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Paranormal activity in my house (Read 30943 times)
Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Paranormal activity in my house
Aug 26th, 2018 at 1:05am

I want so badly to talk about this with someone.   I hope some of you here will find this interesting and maybe have some ideas or theories.  I’m not sure what I believe about it yet.  I need more experience before I can have a solid belief about what it is.

I’ve had paranormal experiences at every house I’ve lived in, and now in this house that I inherited from my mom paranormal activity has been happening since she passed away January of this year.  I don’t want to jump to the conclusion that it’s my mom causing the activity, it’s just a possibility I guess.  What do you know of the term and meaning of poltergeist?  A possibility is that the activity is caused by me and my stress.  I really hope that’s not the case but I’m trying to be open-minded here.

I’m considering getting a digital video recorder to set up and see if I catch anything.  I have an audio recorder but it only records continuously.  I wonder if I should buy another one, the kind that only records when there’s sound.  Does anyone have any experience with that?  Sitting and listening to a recording for 8 hours is extremely tedious and not very practical but I thought it would be the most realistic.  If I have a recorder that only records when there’s sounds, then all the sounds will be played back to back and you won’t be able to tell when they occurred or how far apart, unless there’s a time stamp maybe.  I don’t know.  I’ll have to look into it.  I guess if I get one of those then I can use both recorders at the same time.

Anyway, I’ve been keeping a list of every single weird experience.  Just to name a few, we’ve heard shuffling noises like things being moved or bumped, we’ve heard scratching noises, loud thumps and thuds, sounds like someone walking around upstairs when no one is up there.  Even my handyman heard that one day when he was here alone. 

My son has had experiences just by himself with me not there.  He heard a woman’s voice right behind him in the hallway (he couldn’t tell what it said, it was fast, muffled, and he was pretty startled), and his latest one was two nights ago.  We were both upstairs, and he went down into the kitchen.  Something caught his eye so he looked up and he looked directly at something floating in the air.  He said it was long, like almost a foot, white, thin, and fluttering in the air and then it flew away.  It was too long to be a bug, and it wasn’t a light.  It was like a flowing ribbon.  He was pretty shook up about it!   He’s not one to make something up for attention or to embellish anything.  He’s had paranormal experiences his whole life.

My bathroom window locked on me.  The lock wasn’t physically locked but the window wouldn’t open.  It finally did.  There’s nothing wrong with the window or the lock.  And one day my bathroom floor mirror moved by itself right in front of me.  I was standing looking into the mirror and it shifted against the wall!  It just sits on the floor leaning against the wall.  There was no reason for it to move (i.e. even if I jumped on the floor the mirror wouldn’t move). 

That’s not even the whole list.

Any suggestions or thoughts?  My sister-in-law asked me to burn sage so I’ve done that a few times using clear and positive intention that anything negative isn’t allowed in my house and that only positive and loving energy can be here.  And I’m always asking my guides to be here and protect the house and fill it with their love and light.  I do that kind of prayer and intention anyway, activity or not.  I’ve asked my mom many times to “back off” and to move on, and I think she has.  I’ve made peace with her and given her my love so that I hope she feels closure.  She used to come into my dreams quite often and I really don’t want to keep dealing with her.  It seems to me she’s still dealing with a lot of her personal issues and problems she had in life.  I still need time and space to deal and heal in my own way about her. 

If it’s my own stress (which has happened many times in my life) I’m not surprised.  I’m single and even though my 22-year-old son lives with me I still get overwhelmed with stress and all these renovations and always having to make decisions.  I’m used to relying on myself but it does get overwhelming at times.  I never act out emotionally so my theory is that always holding it in and being strong can sometimes cause my energy to “lash out” in paranormal ways.  It’s happened before so I know it’s possible.

Ok, sorry for such a long post but I hope someone finds it interesting and wants to talk about it.  Like I said, I’m going to look into some kind of video recording device.  For instance, it would have been really cool to have it on video what my son saw the other night.  If I do catch something I’ll post it online somewhere so there’s some proof. 

Vicky

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Soulmael

ALK Member

svk
Re: Paranormal activity in my house
Reply #1 - Aug 26th, 2018 at 5:45am

I think that sometimes paranormal activity is caused be people that train in esoteric arts. Mind can create things... but also we can attract existing things.

You can experiment with intent if you want to see and understand with the help of a guide what and why is happening there around you.

Or maybe there is simpler way. Fill yourself with love, happiness, joy and bless each room with it.

Experiment and see for yourself if something changes.

IP Logged

seagullresting

ALK Member

USA
Reply #2 - Aug 26th, 2018 at 9:09am

With that many things happening over a long period of time I would be very tempted to set up cameras that record both video and sound to see if you can catch anything. Or just move one camera on a tripod around the house.

I would also do what I always do, which is surround myself in my environment with positive visual, auditory and sensual experiences.

As long as nothing malicious is occurring, I see no real harm. However, moving objects in front of me would, personally speaking, be crossing a line. It is human nature to want your home environment to feel safe and to be undisturbed there.

I hope you will let us know how things progress.

IP Logged

Morrighan

Multidimensional Navigator

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #3 - Aug 26th, 2018 at 12:44pm

Hi Vicky

It's happening with your permission ....

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
It goes in — it must come out. — Teslacles Deviant to Fudd's First Law
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #4 - Aug 26th, 2018 at 7:24pm

Soulmael wrote on Aug 26th, 2018 at 5:45am:
I think that sometimes paranormal activity is caused be people that train in esoteric arts. Mind can create things... but also we can attract existing things.

Yeah I agree that's true.

Quote:
You can experiment with intent if you want to see and understand with the help of a guide what and why is happening there around you.

Or maybe there is simpler way. Fill yourself with love, happiness, joy and bless each room with it.

Experiment and see for yourself if something changes.

I like your ideas.  I will try them.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #5 - Aug 26th, 2018 at 7:32pm

seagullresting wrote on Aug 26th, 2018 at 9:09am:
With that many things happening over a long period of time I would be very tempted to set up cameras that record both video and sound to see if you can catch anything. Or just move one camera on a tripod around the house.

I would also do what I always do, which is surround myself in my environment with positive visual, auditory and sensual experiences.

As long as nothing malicious is occurring, I see no real harm. However, moving objects in front of me would, personally speaking, be crossing a line. It is human nature to want your home environment to feel safe and to be undisturbed there.

I hope you will let us know how things progress.

Yes I will definitely let you know what else happens and how things progress. 

I feel the same way about moving objects.  I'm used to paranormal stuff since I've obviously experienced a lot of it in my life but it still creeps me out, especially when I'm home alone.  I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but several years ago it was late at night and my son and I were watching TV, and a plastic storage box that was filled with paper that was sitting in the middle of the living room (carpeted) floor just suddenly slid across the floor.  We were both looking right at it as it happened, so there was no second-guessing what we experienced.  I still have no explanation, paranormal or otherwise, for what caused it.  I hope one day, whether I'm still physically living or not, that I find out all the answers to this stuff.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #6 - Aug 26th, 2018 at 7:42pm

Morrighan wrote on Aug 26th, 2018 at 12:44pm:
Hi Vicky

Yeah?  I'm open to that belief.  I try to accept that everything happens for a reason and because it was designed by me (higher self) and is necessary for whatever reason.  But I don't like when I get spooked.  If this stuff gets scary then it won't be fun and interesting anymore.  I definitely agree with people's suggestions of putting out the positive energy and surrounding myself with it, which is what I am all about anyway, but I may need to do more in the way of regular meditation as well as finding ways to handle my stress better than just holding all that emotional energy inside. 

Interestingly enough, my brother and sister-in-law who live in Virginia have also had many experiences.  My brother is able to see orbs and ghosts.  His wife feels energy and picks up on things psychically so they talk and compare notes and ask each other "how do you do that?".  I think it's funny they are each a little jealous of each other's abilities. 

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #7 - Aug 26th, 2018 at 9:38pm

Vicky wrote on Aug 26th, 2018 at 1:05am:
I want so badly to talk about this with someone.   I hope some of you here will find this interesting and maybe have some ideas or theories.  I’m not sure what I believe about it yet.  I need more experience before I can have a solid belief about what it is.

Vicky

I am just going to put this out there. If it does not resonate, that's OK.

What if this is your mom not letting go of the house and more fully transitioning?

When you shared the latest experience with your dad (e.g., the image of him listening to your mom in folding chairs in your garage), this was the impression that I was left with ... mom is not letting go of the house and moving on yet and her dad is giving Vicky a clue about that.

Let me to color this picture a bit ...

Your mom is not letting go, as she does not know how to progress and move forward. She is unskilled because she does not know how to function yet without her 3D physical senses and physical body. Therefore, she remains attached to what she knows (e.g., you, your son, and her former house, her furniture, her physical memories of the house).

The message from your dad seemed to be hinting at the current condition of your mom (e.g., my impression). To get an idea of what I am saying, go back to the experience with your dad (in your mind) and additionally imagine yourself able to hear your mom. She is complaining to your dad about the changes going on inside of her (former) home. Imagine her in the garage in folding chairs because she cannot find the chair where she would normally sit because of all the changes going on. Imagine your dad intervening with her, and at the same time communicating to you "See mom and I talking? I got this! You keep doing what you are doing. I am proud of you!"

My strongest sense in all this ... I do not know how you could not be entangled energetically. These are your parents. So, don't be too hard on yourself. This interpretation is very personal.

Finally, I might suggest that it is important to have a "a sense of ease" when progressing through these kinds of intimacies. To be in a place of "feeling good". Maybe it is time to clear up your own energy a bit by seeking some healing. See what changes (in what you resonate with) after that.

Smiley

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #8 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 12:37am

Quote:
Let me to color this picture a bit ...

Your mom is not letting go, as she does not know how to progress and move forward. She is unskilled because she does not know how to function yet without her 3D physical senses and physical body. Therefore, she remains attached to what she knows (e.g., you, your son, and her former house, her furniture, her physical memories of the house).

The message from your dad seemed to be hinting at the current condition of your mom (e.g., my impression). To get an idea of what I am saying, go back to the experience with your dad (in your mind) and additionally imagine yourself able to hear your mom. She is complaining to your dad about the changes going on inside of her (former) home. Imagine her in the garage in folding chairs because she cannot find the chair where she would normally sit because of all the changes going on. Imagine your dad intervening with her, and at the same time communicating to you "See mom and I talking? I got this! You keep doing what you are doing. I am proud of you!"

My strongest sense in all this ... I do not know how you could not be entangled energetically. These are your parents. So, don't be too hard on yourself. This interpretation is very personal.

Finally, I might suggest that it is important to have a "a sense of ease" when progressing through these kinds of intimacies. To be in a place of "feeling good". Maybe it is time to clear up your own energy a bit by seeking some healing. See what changes (in what you resonate with) after that.
Smiley

Wow ST, this really did resonate with me.  It brought tears to my eyes.  It really seems to make sense.  When I go back in my mind and replay how I saw Mom and Dad sitting there, Mom was looking down at the ground while she was going on and on to Dad, which was the way she would be when she was really driving a point home.  Dad was sitting slightly turned to show he was paying attention but his face was turned looking at me and he was smiling at me, which of course told me he was also giving me his attention.  I think you're spot on about his message to me.  Also, Dad was sitting closer toward me so I can interpret that to mean he was between us, or protecting me from Mom's energy.  In life Dad always was a protector for me when Mom would lose her temper.

And what you said about the chairs made so much sense I don't know why I didn't think about it.  Mom's usual places she would sit are now gone, and the house is changed so much that the garage is really the only place that hasn't been renovated.  (The basement hasn't changed yet either but this interpretation fits well).

And I also agree that I need to clear up my own energy and seek healing.  I've been very busy and focused on managing the house renovations that I haven't spent as much time as I need to on just myself, although I do believe the house renovations are representative of working on myself on some level.  But about my Mom specifically, I do need to resolve my issues about her.  I try not to dwell on the painful memories and I just remind myself that mom had personality disorders.  I'm sure some of what she did to me was the fault of that, although from a spiritual perspective it seems obvious that Mom and I had some reasons why for we came into our lives playing these roles with each other.  For whatever those reasons were, I have to accept and live with it, so I try not to hold any disgruntled feelings about it.

I do try to show Mom my love and appreciation in ways that I can and ways that I think she'd appreciate.  For instance, when I work on her garden or when I remember to do things in a way she wanted, like if I remember some advice she gave me that I find actually comes in handy, I'll mentally send her a "thank you".  I hope she gets these messages and I hope they help her.  I'm going to do some specific energy work directing intention to Mom to help resolve some things for both of us about how she might be feeling like you said, still hanging on and having a hard time letting go of her things, her house, etc. 

Thank you!

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Morrighan

Multidimensional Navigator

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #9 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 2:13pm

You're far more powerful than you (yet) believe  Kiss

Vicky wrote on Aug 26th, 2018 at 7:42pm:
Morrighan wrote on Aug 26th, 2018 at 12:44pm:
Hi Vicky

Yeah?  I'm open to that belief.  I try to accept that everything happens for a reason and because it was designed by me (higher self) and is necessary for whatever reason.  But I don't like when I get spooked.  If this stuff gets scary then it won't be fun and interesting anymore.  I definitely agree with people's suggestions of putting out the positive energy and surrounding myself with it, which is what I am all about anyway, but I may need to do more in the way of regular meditation as well as finding ways to handle my stress better than just holding all that emotional energy inside. 

Interestingly enough, my brother and sister-in-law who live in Virginia have also had many experiences.  My brother is able to see orbs and ghosts.  His wife feels energy and picks up on things psychically so they talk and compare notes and ask each other "how do you do that?".  I think it's funny they are each a little jealous of each other's abilities. 

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
It goes in — it must come out. — Teslacles Deviant to Fudd's First Law
IP Logged

seagullresting

ALK Member

USA
Reply #10 - Aug 28th, 2018 at 7:21am

Note: correction to my previous post not allowed at this point.

Therefore:
The word intended was sensuous/sensory and not sensual.
The correct word is needed there.

Otherwise, what an interesting interpretation of your experience you have received. Of course, only you know what feels right for you, in all things.

Whatever action you do or do not take, I am sure things will work themselves out with time.

IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #11 - Aug 30th, 2018 at 3:24pm

Vicky wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 12:37am:
Thank you!

You are welcome.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #12 - Sep 10th, 2018 at 11:24pm

I want to give an update on this.  I purchased three cameras from Wyze cam to set up in my house.  I'm really hoping we're lucky enough to capture something. 

The latest incident was a couple weeks ago.  I was home alone, making dinner, and listening to the news on the TV.  It's interesting and probably worth noting that I was literally thinking about how my mom always had the TV going with the news on, all day, and it always annoyed me, and yet here I was doing the same thing.  I kind of had to laugh at myself.  But this was the one and only time I have done it. (I hate having the TV on for background noise and I never watch TV news).   Have you heard of the Shan'ann Watts murder case that took place here in Colorado recently?  I had the news on hoping to catch some updates about that.

Anyway, that's when I heard a loud bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang.  It really startled me, it was that loud despite the chicken sizzling in the skillet and the TV going.  It's a tri-level house.  The kitchen is on the second level, and the noise was on the lower level.  I ran down to the pantry hallway which is right off of the family room, and I expected to see all the pantry shelves had fall to the floor or something, but nothing was amiss.  Then I opened the pantry doors and the only thing I noticed out of place was that the packing tape dispenser (one of those large handheld things that holds a huge roll of packing tape) was in the middle of the floor at the bottom of the pantry and a bottle of hand lotion was sitting there too.  Apparently  the tape dispenser had somehow fallen from the middle of the second shelf and knocked the lotion off of the first shelf on its way down.  It was truly unbelievable.

I know where those items were sitting normally, and I specifically saw the tape dispenser about 30 minutes earlier because I had gone into the pantry to get a trash bag.  The basket holding the trash bags was behind a box of flood lights and the tape dispenser was on the box of lights.  I had to reach over it to get the trash bag. 

I tried to recreate the tape dispenser falling because I wanted to test it out and see first why it happened, and second why the heck it made SO much noise.  The continuous banging sound was not only extremely loud but also way too much noise for what had apparently happened.  It seems as if the tape dispenser was actually getting purposely banged up against the inside of the pantry door over and over and over.  I say that because when I placed it back on top of the box of lights and tried to push it off, all it did was fall onto the shelf.  (There was a lot of space on the shelf in front of the box of lights, plenty of shelf space for the tape to rest on).

There's only three inches between the shelf edge and the inside of the pantry door (and the doors were closed when this happened).  The tape dispenser is about two inches wide, so each time I tested trying to knock it off the box to get it to fall over the shelf, it never turned itself perfectly to fit in that 3-inch space in order to fall all the way to the floor.  It kept just landing thingy-eyed against the door, but I had to push it hard to do that.  Like I said, just a slight push and all it did was land on the shelf. 

So the only way it could fit between the shelf edge and the door was for it to turn sideways.  I even tried just holding it in the air sideways and dropping it straight down (which is the position it would have to be in in order to fall all the way down) and all it did was fall straight down and make one "bang" on the floor below.  I wasn't able to re-create anything that made that loud continuous banging sound I heard. 

Anyway, I try all I can think of to look for a normal explanation of these things and when I can't, then I put it on the paranormal list. 

I'm still not convinced that my mom is the cause of any of this but it was pretty ironic that this happened when I was thinking about her.  Right after this, I got my phone and started recording audio and talked out loud to Mom saying, "Mom, was that you who made the tape fall?"  And asking and saying other things directed at her but I didn't get anything audible by ear or by the recording.

So I'm excited about the cameras.  It'll be so interesting to see if I can catch anything happening.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

seagullresting

ALK Member

USA
Reply #13 - Sep 11th, 2018 at 6:06pm

Oh, that is exciting. Wow, you will really have things covered with that many cameras. I hope something manifests for you in that direction if you feel confident about it. I have never noticed any orbs or anything interesting in my photographs over the years but wouldn't it just be so interesting to capture something at the same time that such events are taking place?

It is kind of funny to picture you doing all those experiments to see if you could duplicate the events that created a lengthy series of bangs. I think it is very intriguing that it happened while you had unintentionally created an environment that your mom would have liked to enjoy too, as you describe the unusual tv viewing and how much your mom liked that sort of background.

I have friends who must have music playing. My dad pretty much has tv going all the time if he is up. I personally rarely use the tv anymore and am thrilled by what would probably bore a lot of people these days. Consequence of getting older, perhaps. I made up for it by way too much excitement in my younger days, so I guess I am recovering from all that.

I am very much interested in what people can gather from video and auditory recordings. And especially from people who have sensory abilities such as yours. I can only think that it can help that you are already open and unafraid of such experiences, and that you are informed enough to be able to make sense of such episodes.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #14 - Sep 11th, 2018 at 7:13pm

I hope something shows up too.  I don't need it for proof but it would be nice to have it back up my claims so other people can see it too.  And, I'm just REALLY interested in this kind of stuff!   Smiley

Yeah it is funny experimenting but I enjoy it so much.  I am so curious about stuff and I always have to satisfy that.  Today I took several videos with my phone while trying to recreate the tape falling and the noise it made.  What I discovered was that although I got the tape to fall and make some clatter on the way down, (1) I had to push it off, so what made it happen by itself?  and (2) it didn't make the same kinds of "banging" sounds and (3) it wasn't as loud of a racket as what I had heard.  And (4) I had to hold the pantry door closed with my foot because in my experiments the tape kept pushing the door open.  In the original experience the door was closed when I went to investigate the banging noise. 

Being that I had the TV on, chicken was sizzling on the stove, and I was up in the kitchen and the sound was coming from another level and around a corner and down the hall, the sounds I heard were quite loud compared to my recreation. 

So, it's still pretty strange and will stay on my list of events here. 

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.