Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Seth (Read 4702 times)
Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Seth
May 2nd, 2018 at 11:58am

Subtle Traveler, you keep speaking of what Frank Demarco says, and he states that Seth is the gold standard, so there is a connection. It isn't fair for you to mention Seth, and then attack somebody for stating what he has found out about Seth.

If it is okay for you to promote Demarco on a thread that the entire world can see, then perhaps it is okay for somewhat to point out that it is strange that Demarco speaks so highly of Seth.

If you aren't interested, perhaps somebody else will be.

Other wise, you are being too defensive. Perhaps you would be better off if you considered what I say. It seems as if you are interested in making contact with your guidance. If they tell you something you don't want to hear, will you become defensive? Perhaps you should take notice when somebody is trying to be helpful, rather than get defensive about the sources you promote.

IP Logged

seagullresting

ALK Member

USA
Re: Seth
Reply #1 - May 2nd, 2018 at 5:25pm

It is interesting how people have such differing views on channeled beings such as Seth. And that, to be interested in such can cause one to sometimes be judged simply by association. For me, personally, the books of Jane Roberts, of which I have not all read, were very influential in the 80's. At that time, a person had to search bookstores for the occasional meditation tape. One had to search. It was crucial to have an open mind or one might never escape from the world view that one had been taught. For me, books such as hers were a breath of fresh air. I never read those books in a state of mind in which I necessarily believed every word as gospel truth. And what is that, anyway.

If you read Alice in Wonderland do you search for the truth in every word? No, you read for inspiration. There are many books which I have read in my lifetime which were inspirational to me. Can I say that one was more true or more "right" than another? Not really.

If you are hungry, and carrots are all you have...it is like Scarlett in Gone With The Wind. You swear to yourself you will never be hungry again.

There is no need to be hungry in this world. There is inspiration all around us. It is everywhere, in all things.

IP Logged

seagullresting

ALK Member

USA
Reply #2 - May 2nd, 2018 at 5:29pm

And, Albert, Recoverer,

I am glad to see you. Love to you.

IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Reply #3 - May 3rd, 2018 at 8:00am

I'm not sure I understand what saying Seth is the gold standard even means. Gold standard for truth? For channeling? 

Whatever, I agree with Albert. There was a time that I was impressed with the Seth material. I was also impressed with ACIM. No longer.

Channeled material is notoriously unreliable if indeed Roberts was channeling to begin with.

For me the teachings of Jesus represent the true gold standard. Took me many years to finally understand that. 

R

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #4 - May 3rd, 2018 at 11:02am

So context isn't lost, below is some of what I said on """"Subtle Traveler's"""" thread.

Below is the link to what Michael Prescott said about Seth.

http://michaelprescott.typepad.com/michael_prescotts_blog/2007/10/my-problem-wit...

If somebody wants to make a comment about Michael Prescott I won't take offense and say you are going off topic, since I named him on this thread.

If you want to say something about ACIM, pro or con, I won't mind, since Rondelle added that name to the conversation.

Sorry, but I'm not sorry for taking exception to the "Seth golden standard" comment on another thread.

I don't consider Seth to be the gold standard.

Jane Roberts tried to make it as a science fiction writer and failed.

She tried writing about ESP and failed.

Then she supposedly got into channeling Seth.

I once read an article where a man who used to work for Jane Robert's publisher said that people at that publishing company knew that she was a fraud. He wrote that her husband would speak to people who attended her "channelings"  before they supposedly took place, tell her what he found out, and she would use that information to mislead the people who attended her meetings.

I read an article where it stated that she admitted on her death bed that she faked the channelings.

She also supposedly channeled Rembrandt and William James. She wrote the Oversoul Seven trilogy book without channeling, this shows that she can come up with material without channeling. Not that a lot of her material was original.

Recently I had a detailed dream that made the point that she was a fraud. Perhaps so I might react to the belief in her as exhibited by some at this forum.

The Seth books might say some things that are correct, but  what about that parallel self business? If I remember correctly, during a "channeling" session, Seth spoke about when Jane and her husband saw their parallel selves at a bar (or restaurant). Has anyone done the same? Does anybody know anyone who has met parallel selves? (how parallel selves would make it from one universe to  another is another question) If it was a matter of Jane being fooled by Seth, then how come she and her husband didn't have a problem with the parallel self meeting Seth discussed?

I watched a youtube video where Jane was supposedly channeling Seth, and then right in the middle of the channeling, for a brief moment she spoke in her regular voice and said "we'll take a break in a moment." How did she shift from one speaker to the other so quickly?

Gold standard?

If anybody is interested, I say more below.

http://nondualityisdualistic.com/a-night-in-heaven/chapter-13/

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #5 - May 3rd, 2018 at 8:21pm

Subtle traveler:

Unfortunately, many people do consider Seth to be all that. It has been about 10 years since I read the Seth books so I don't remember all the details. As stated, I believe it is possible that Jane Roberts made up the Seth thing. Therefore, the information she provides is helpful to the extent it is accurate. Since it has been about 10 years since I have read the material, I cannot say what percentage is accurate. Since the Seth books say some things that seem quite false, I do not believe they are infallible and deserving of "A Gold Standard" status.

Subtle Traveler wrote on May 2nd, 2018 at 5:26pm:
Albert

Now that you have had time to see my original comment here, I have removed it.

This incident two days ago was never about Seth's efficacy (for me). I do not specifically follow Seth ... and the controversial "gold standard comment" was by Frank DeMarco ... not mine. This was about your disruption of my thread and not following the forum guidelines.

I wish you only well. I am moving forward.

Subtle Traveler

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #6 - May 3rd, 2018 at 8:31pm

Seagull:

I had my first OBE back around 1980 while I was in the U.S. Army at stationed at Fr. Bragg NC. (without knowing that such experiences exist) At the time, as you indicated, there wasn't a lot information available. The books I could find were Robert Monroe's first book, A Seth book, and the Carlos Castaneda books. (back when they were available as cheap paperbacks)

I liked the Castaneda books quite a bit, have since found that Castaneda was a fraud, and now understand that not everything he wrote is true.

Of the above three, only Robert Monroe's book is non-fraudulent.

I don't believe ACIM is a fraud. As far as I can tell, Helen Schuchman received that information from a misleading deceptive being. That course can brainwash a person in a negative way. I was brainwashed by it for a small amount of time, until with assistance I found my way free of it. I believe it was wrong for the being Helen received information from, to pretend to be Jesus. People led astray by false concepts such as "God has nothing to do with this world," while believing such inaccuracy came from Jesus.

seagullresting wrote on May 2nd, 2018 at 5:25pm:
It is interesting how people have such differing views on channeled beings such as Seth. And that, to be interested in such can cause one to sometimes be judged simply by association. For me, personally, the books of Jane Roberts, of which I have not all read, were very influential in the 80's. At that time, a person had to search bookstores for the occasional meditation tape. One had to search. It was crucial to have an open mind or one might never escape from the world view that one had been taught. For me, books such as hers were a breath of fresh air. I never read those books in a state of mind in which I necessarily believed every word as gospel truth. And what is that, anyway.

If you read Alice in Wonderland do you search for the truth in every word? No, you read for inspiration. There are many books which I have read in my lifetime which were inspirational to me. Can I say that one was more true or more "right" than another? Not really.

If you are hungry, and carrots are all you have...it is like Scarlett in Gone With The Wind. You swear to yourself you will never be hungry again.

There is no need to be hungry in this world. There is inspiration all around us. It is everywhere, in all things.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #7 - May 3rd, 2018 at 8:36pm

Roger:

I haven't come to the conclusion that all channeled material lacks value. There are a lot channeled sources I haven't read, and therefore, I don't know what they are about.

rondele wrote on May 3rd, 2018 at 8:00am:
I'm not sure I understand what saying Seth is the gold standard even means. Gold standard for truth? For channeling? 

Whatever, I agree with Albert. There was a time that I was impressed with the Seth material. I was also impressed with ACIM. No longer.

Channeled material is notoriously unreliable if indeed Roberts was channeling to begin with.

For me the teachings of Jesus represent the true gold standard. Took me many years to finally understand that. 

R

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #8 - May 3rd, 2018 at 8:57pm

Love to you too Seagull, and to whoever else reads this thread. Smiley

seagullresting wrote on May 2nd, 2018 at 5:29pm:
And, Albert, Recoverer,

I am glad to see you. Love to you.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.