Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Hi (Read 23214 times)
Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Re: Hi
Reply #45 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 12:46am

John Ells, you should definitely order Bruce’s CDs!  I’m not just saying that to promote Bruce’s work.  He did a marvelous job recording the Guidebook exercises and they are definitely worth it. 

Subtle Traveler, I found a couple of my Gateway CDs, Wave III – Freedom and Wave IV Adventure.  Hmm...I thought I had them all, so I’ll have to keep looking.

And yeah I do have to agree with you again about your further explanation about hemi-sync being more than hypnosis.  What you added in Italics reminded me of my Theta experiences in my book.  I was as consciously awake and alert as what seemed like waking consciousness when I had those experiences and never felt any kind of lapse in my awareness. 

Morrighan, great analogy!

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Morrighan

Multidimensional Navigator

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #46 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 2:16am

Thank you, Vicky. It took a long time and several edits to figure out how to explain.

I suspect many of us who are called to Afterlife Knowledge already have some experience somewhere in the field. You and I (Vicky) often speak of the deep desire for confirmation of our explorations. The Joe Friday "just the facts" with names, dates, and other verifiable infos. Getting your head around the deal these things are not what is important when we do this work takes a lot of doing.

As an illustrative example - and we all know stories are the bread and butter of engaging reading - here is my recollection of one client I worked with several years ago.

In connecting with her and her chief concern that brought her to me in the first place, a link with her (deceased) grandfather opened. He conveyed highly specific information that only she would have known. Yet her skepticism could not be abated. Nonetheless the following day she took a four hour drive to his grave site. Her own inner knowing "won".

Ah, the bass. Much that I may find it enjoyable, I don't play drums but I play time.

Would that weight and practicality not matter, I'd be all over an Ampeg SVT and 810 cabinet. 300 watts of analog "grind"!

Nothing I hate more than competing with a guitarist with a Les Paul and a Marshall stack. The rule of thumb is: I need 10 times the wattage of the guitarist to be heard properly. His 50 watt Marshall stack means I'd best be packing 500 watts on my end.

The holy grail for recorded bass is the venerable Ampeg B-15. That's 20 watts of pure Ampeg tone.

When I watch Noel Redding fiddle with his amp settings he's fiddling with a Marshall. It's not that Marshall was ever (or is now) a great name in bass amplification. It's what was available to British musicians. Importing an American Ampeg was extremely costly. Marshall was founded to provide an alternative for Europeans who wanted "the sound" but couldn't afford the Ampeg. Marshall was expensive in the States owing to the import costs. British bands used Vox and Marshall and American bands used Fender.

My rig in the early days was taller than me and consisted of two 15 inch drivers (speakers). It was a usable sound but not what I had in mind for myself. My axe is a 79 StingRay and it's all about the funk that was coming in around that time. A very distinct voice on that Ray .... completely different from the Fender even though Leo Fender designed my 'Ray. In seeking my new bass I looked for as "un-Fender" a tone as I could find. It's a semi-hollow body much like the Epiphone Rivioli Chas Chandler of The Animals played. In fact mine is voiced to match that sound.

I see my"story" about the grandfather who I spoke with is much lacking in the kind of detail that makes a book chapter.

That's how it is, I find. The actual work takes no time at all. Explaining what happened in a satisfactory manner takes a great deal more. I find this to be manifestly true with retrievals. A successful (or unsuccessful) retrieval takes, you know, like a couple seconds. Describing what happens in those couple seconds takes 5,000 words.

So a hemi-sync recording that takes thirty minutes to play is really all about some couple seconds of actual work. There's a lot of fol-de-rol about getting in that state of mind where it can be accomplished, and the wind-down to return to "normal" consciousness.

It was way back when, when I decided to use the techniques to enquire of a childhood friend who transitioned. As I was doing all my prep and relaxation and all, I got from my friend: hurry up! hurry up! I have to go! And (in the language of Robert Monroe) got the entire rote or thought ball in one single download and it was done. So now if I'm called to task, all I do is look. Much easier.
« Last Edit: Apr 3rd, 2018 at 6:05am by Morrighan »  

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
It goes in — it must come out. — Teslacles Deviant to Fudd's First Law
IP Logged

Morrighan

Multidimensional Navigator

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #47 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 9:12am

On the subject of drums, shamanism and time:

As one who plays time - which is a core function of the bass - time is revealed to be very elastic.

What I notice when I play time is how everything opens up when one shifts to what I call the Zero Point. This is where time is not moving forward in a linear fashion; it is where "time stands still". Shamanistic drumming facilities the shift of awareness to this point. Or is supposed to. I've no direct experience with the combination of shamanistic drumming and plants such as ayahusca so I can't speak to this directly.

What I see is drums are an aid, as is HemiSync etc to facilitate this state of expanded awareness without the aid of plants.

That said, I do not personally find such aids to be necessary to expanded awareness. All I do is look and state exactly what I see. Are all able to do this? I believe the answer is yes. But we have for our own reasons declined to disallow this in most circumstances.

Am I in a trance state when I play time? Sort, of, yes / no. It's about creating and there is a conversation going on. Conversations of both time and harmony.

I see in my own work the instrument is a means to unite two different "brains" that are present in my field. My left hand is the execution of the sacred geometry of music and my right hand is the articulation of it. It's really like two completely different processes coming together to make something that is greater than the sum of its parts.
« Last Edit: Apr 3rd, 2018 at 3:11pm by Morrighan »  

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
It goes in — it must come out. — Teslacles Deviant to Fudd's First Law
IP Logged

John Ells

ALK Member

Reply #48 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 6:41pm

Vicky wrote:
John Ells, you should definitely order Bruce’s CDs!  I’m not just saying that to promote Bruce’s work.  He did a marvelous job recording the Guidebook exercises and they are definitely worth it. 

Hi Vicky.
I checked and saw nothing on Amazon about the recordings, but found Bruce's site for selling them.  There is a 6 audio CD set and a single mp3 CD shown in the store.  The store has a notice that it's closed right now and to check back later.  I would imagine, but am just guessing, that there might be some reorganizing going on now since Bruce's transition/translation.   There was also a notice to leave a message, which I did, and someone would be back with me.  I messaged that there was no hurry as I have the book anyway.  I also asked if the mp3 was downloadable.  It looks like a fairly old site.  Mp3s are usually mostly downloaded now so maybe things are being restructured - - I remember you saying that you thought his books might be on Kindle soon too.  So anyway I am definitely in no rush as I have a lot going on myself at the moment.  I'll check back with them later if I don't hear from them first.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #49 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 7:35pm

John Ells wrote on Apr 3rd, 2018 at 6:41pm:
Vicky wrote:

Hi Vicky.
I checked and saw nothing on Amazon about the recordings, but found Bruce's site for selling them.  There is a 6 audio CD set and a single mp3 CD shown in the store.  The store has a notice that it's closed right now and to check back later.  I would imagine, but am just guessing, that there might be some reorganizing going on now since Bruce's transition/translation.   There was also a notice to leave a message, which I did, and someone would be back with me.  I messaged that there was no hurry as I have the book anyway.  I also asked if the mp3 was downloadable.  It looks like a fairly old site.  Mp3s are usually mostly downloaded now so maybe things are being restructured - - I remember you saying that you thought his books might be on Kindle soon too.  So anyway I am definitely in no rush as I have a lot going on myself at the moment.  I'll check back with them later if I don't hear from them first.

Very good, John Ells.  Your assumptions about the restructuring of the store and the way things will be sold/bought are correct!  I don't really have any official word or time frame on any of it yet, but as soon as I do I will make an announcement.

Please do help remind me, I would appreciate it.  I'm glad you are in no rush. 

Smiley

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.