Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Subtle Travel (Read 61414 times)
Morrighan

Multidimensional Navigator

Isle of Everywhere
Re: Subtle Travel
Reply #60 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 12:30pm

Shift happens.

Grin

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
It goes in — it must come out. — Teslacles Deviant to Fudd's First Law
IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #61 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 2:49pm

This short video reminded me of Bruce Moen's work, and also of his first publisher's work (Frank DeMarco, formerly of Hampton Roads).

"Imagination is receptive mode" (e.g., we receive it) ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xvLBOknLpc (a few minutes)

This was attractive to me, as the presented idea greatly contrasts how humans are taught by our 3D circumstances and limitations to 'associate what imagination might be' to our experience (e.g., imagination not real because it is somehow conjured up). This is apparently the opposite of how non-physical sees imagination in our 3D experience.

Clearly, Moen's primary technique (imagination as a means of perception) and his own travels consistently suggest the opposite (e.g., supporting what the video above holds forth). Also, it is worth noting that Frank DeMarco often comments that he senses that he is making it up, as he scribes for his non-physical friends (what he calls TGU or The Guys Upstairs).

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #62 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 9:06pm

Yes, imagination is the bridge to manifestation. It's how we create, for that is what we do. First we imagine what we wish to create.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #63 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 9:27pm

Cool, thanks for the link.  I'll check it out!

I remember when I was in one of Bruce's workshop that he gave here in Colorado in 2016, and we were in one of the exercises.  I can't remember exactly which exercise we were doing, but what I was seeing was playing in my mind's eye just like watching a movie, kind of like when you're dreaming and just watching what's happening, except that you're completely consciously awake and aware.  It's not like actual dreaming, because you can hear and are aware of Bruce's voice and other noises in the room.  (You know how it is when you're with a group or people somewhere, there's always that one person who keeps coughing or clearing their throat, always someone walking past in the hall who's talking, etc).  So during his workshops it's not like we were ever asleep or anything, so it's not the same as dreaming. 

It's weird that at the same time that you're "just watching what's happening" you also simultaneously still sit there thinking to yourself, "Hmm, feels like I might be making this up, not sure, I'll just keep following along and see where this goes." 

It's only afterward that you realize there's no way you were making it up consciously, yet no way that you were dreaming.  It's something else entirely. 

The stuff we all perceived as a group is WAY too incredible and uncanny to just be passed off as false, a dream, a coincidence, etc. 

That's why this needs so much more experimentation and exploration. 
Smiley

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #64 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 10:08pm

Vicky wrote on Apr 17th, 2018 at 9:27pm:
Cool, thanks for the link.  I'll check it out!

It's weird that at the same time that you're "just watching what's happening" you also simultaneously still sit there thinking to yourself, "Hmm, feels like I might be making this up, not sure, I'll just keep following along and see where this goes." 

It's only afterward that you realize there's no way you were making it up consciously, yet no way that you were dreaming.  It's something else entirely. 

That's why this needs so much more experimentation and exploration. 
Smiley

Yes, I generally agree. Each day is exploration and an opportunity for creating.

And ... I remember that training video from YouTube. You are in the front row just to the left. Smiley

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #65 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 11:44pm

Oh yeah, I remember that!  I feel so awkward anytime I'm filmed or even having my pic taken.  Bruce was always so comfortable in front of people.  In those videos you see Bruce's books displayed behind him.  I was the one who gave him that suggestion  Roll Eyes

I miss gabbing with him so much.  Before he got so sick we used to visit via the computer cam every week!! 

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Reply #66 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 11:34am

Hi Vicky-

I had to laugh when I read this part of your post because I could relate!

"It's not like actual dreaming, because you can hear and are aware of Bruce's voice and other noises in the room.  (You know how it is when you're with a group or people somewhere, there's always that one person who keeps coughing or clearing their throat, always someone walking past in the hall who's talking, etc)."

Many years ago when Bruce held his workshop in Northern Virginia, we were doing one of the exercises where, after Bruce finished his technique of putting us into a relaxation mode, we were asked to try to clear our minds and see what messages or experiences we might get.

Well, easier said than done. We were in a motel conference room and noises were everywhere. To top it off, Bruce had brought Laurie Monroe and two of her friends along and they were giggling off and on during the "quiet" time!

After a period of time we were asked to report what experiences we had. For me it was a complete bust. I got nothing. I'm one of those types who's easily distracted. Even at movies, if someone is rattling the ice in their cup or god forbid talking, I'm done. My focus on the movie is gone.

Fortunately others did report some interesting experiences. I envy people who can shut off extraneous noises! But at least I had some interesting conversations with Laurie during break time.

And yes, Bruce was impressive and so totally down to earth. After reading his books and following him on the board, it was a real treat for me to meet him.

R

IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #67 - Apr 21st, 2018 at 4:57pm

Three years ago, I discovered the life work of sound healer, Tom Kenyon. He is also a channel. His work is "off the path" of most that I have met in OBE forums. However, I have personally found his work assistive and instructive in both my practices of meditation and energy work. I, myself, use his stuff several times a week. The following recording is his most recent. I have been practicing with an earlier version for several months now (e.g., called "Spatial Cognizance"). And, I wanted to share this newer and enhanced recording instead (called "Multiverse") because it seems to have a much stronger effect for me.

http://tomkenyon.com/multiverse-sound-meditation-instructions

If you are interested, I strongly encourage you to read these instructions FIRST. They are important to benefiting from this meditative sound recording. Use headphones and block out any external influences (e.g., like using an eye mask). Also, I must warn that if you are currently taking any medications for emotional assistance, that you consult with your physician first before practicing with this particular recording. It is powerful, and creates a "spatial state or focus ... enhancing right hemisphere awareness". The recording is only 12 minutes, and I sometimes listen to it twice. It can be used in preparation for non-physical experiences or just meditating.

Finally, it is worth noting that Kenyon's work is one of the few outside-linked (e.g., referrals) on the TMI web site. They like him and his work ... considering him a friend.

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #68 - Apr 21st, 2018 at 5:07pm

Yes Tom Kenyon is among those on the short list of big names in sound healing. Many sound healers I know take or took classes with him. I seem to recall I spent a lot of time with his White Tara recording.
« Last Edit: Apr 21st, 2018 at 6:42pm by Morrighan »  

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #69 - Apr 21st, 2018 at 11:31pm

rondele wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 11:34am:
Hi Vicky-

I had to laugh when I read this part of your post because I could relate!

"It's not like actual dreaming, because you can hear and are aware of Bruce's voice and other noises in the room.  (You know how it is when you're with a group or people somewhere, there's always that one person who keeps coughing or clearing their throat, always someone walking past in the hall who's talking, etc)."

Many years ago when Bruce held his workshop in Northern Virginia, we were doing one of the exercises where, after Bruce finished his technique of putting us into a relaxation mode, we were asked to try to clear our minds and see what messages or experiences we might get.

Well, easier said than done. We were in a motel conference room and noises were everywhere. To top it off, Bruce had brought Laurie Monroe and two of her friends along and they were giggling off and on during the "quiet" time!

After a period of time we were asked to report what experiences we had. For me it was a complete bust. I got nothing. I'm one of those types who's easily distracted. Even at movies, if someone is rattling the ice in their cup or god forbid talking, I'm done. My focus on the movie is gone.

Fortunately others did report some interesting experiences. I envy people who can shut off extraneous noises! But at least I had some interesting conversations with Laurie during break time.

And yes, Bruce was impressive and so totally down to earth. After reading his books and following him on the board, it was a real treat for me to meet him.

R

Right on!  I didn't know (or had forgotten) that you got to do one of his workshops.  I'm so glad you enjoyed it and getting to meet him in person.  And Laurie too. 

I'm just like you in how easy I get distracted.  But I've been fortunate to have that to compare some wonderful experiences to.  For example, once at a friend's house in Boulder who was doing a mini TMI outreach excursion, the guy next to me was snoring almost immediately after lying down.  I was so mad.  Thought I'd never get relaxed enough to feel the effects of the hemi-sync.  But the next thing I knew, I was having out-of-body experiences which at first I thought were physical events despite their impossibility.  Just goes to prove that despite distractions, it's possible to slip into an altered state and not even realize it. 

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #70 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 12:05pm

fwiw ... this was posted today by Frank DeMarco ... a morning conversation with his TGU (The Guys Upstairs) ... I thought that it was worth sharing because I was "sparked" by its content.

http://ofmyownknowledge.com/2018/04/26/tgu-two-viewpoints-soul-and-spirit/

These blog posts with TGU (beginning on March 5th, 2018) have a general theme of "digging deeper" in our personal relationships with our non-3D counterparts or those supporting us. Something stated today immediately caught my attention, because it highlights innately how we hold two viewpoints ...

TGU: It is a mistake to think, “There is the world (there is reality), separate from me, outside of me, and I am a latecomer to the program.” You as 3D individual came late to the show, yes, but to say that is to ignore your connection to all the rest of you that is of its substance and co-exists with the reality of the 3D universe since its beginnings. This is not metaphor, not poetic license. It is fact, but requires explanation.

DeMarco: I assumed you meant that we in our individual lives are souls, but in our connection to our Sam are spirit, and not spirits plural but spirit singular.

TGU: Sometimes you surprise us with your leaps.

To help those new to DeMarco's work, the "Sam" is pure Spirit (never human and NOT a soul). The soul of each 3D human emanates from their Sam. The Sam (e.g., Spirit) is a creator (of the human soul), but also sustains the souls that are created. Soul is created from Spirit. The soul (and non-3D mind) is what remains when 'our physical apparatus croaks'.

In today's discussion, Soul and Spirit are presented as different or unique points of view by TGU. This is DeMarco's insight during the beginning of the conversation. And, there is much more in DeMarco's blog post above, but I am highlighting a "key beginning point" to simplify the absorption of this material for readers here. This blog post is loaded with other "sparks", so I will probably be reading it 2 or 3 times today.

Finally, if this material interests (sparks) you, you can go back to the beginning (March 5, 2018) and read the entire conversation with TGU about digging deeper. It is all available on the blog.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #71 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 2:41pm

Thanks for sharing.   I'm definitely interested in reading more and will be checking out Frank's blog.

I don't think I'd heard of "Sam" yet.  Is that Frank's word?

The explanation of Sam, soul, and spirit match exactly with my own belief, experience, and understanding.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #72 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 4:50pm

Vicky wrote on Apr 26th, 2018 at 2:41pm:
Thanks for sharing.   I'm definitely interested in reading more and will be checking out Frank's blog.

I don't think I'd heard of "Sam" yet.  Is that Frank's word?

The explanation of Sam, soul, and spirit match exactly with my own belief, experience, and understanding. 

Hi Vicky ...

I just wrote out a long, detailed response to you and the forum software gobbled it up. So, I am bit frustrated and I will keep this brief.

"Sam" is a label than I have ONLY seen in Frank DeMarco's work. The Sam points to Spirit (never a human itself or complex). It is a label for our creator, and there are many Sam's (creators who are pure spirit).

You may have noticed my quote "As above, so below". It refers to recursiveness of physical and non-physical creation. Well, think of that this way. You and I each have a physical body composed of billions of cells. In turn, the Sam has a non-3D clustering of human souls which it has created.

As above ... so below.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #73 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 8:38pm

Thanks. 

By the way, I ALWAYS copy what I've just typed before I post it.  Same goes for emails.  It's so frustrating losing stuff.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #74 - Apr 28th, 2018 at 2:17am

For those following along here ...

I wanted to note that the clarification I made to Vicky yesterday was quickly validated by this morning's message from DeMarco's TGU ...

http://ofmyownknowledge.com/2018/04/27/tgu-the-higher-self/

They used the exact analogy or example that I suggested to Vicky about the guiding "as above, so below". Additionally, there are some clarifications and expansions about the "Sam" pointer. I found the material especially helpful today.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.