Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Subtle Travel (Read 60214 times)
Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Re: Subtle Travel
Reply #45 - Jan 20th, 2018 at 9:58pm

Hey,

I want you both to know, Subtle Traveler and Recoverer 2, that I've just now gotten caught up on reading this thread.  I really l like what both of you have contributed.  Lots to think about!  When I have time for my brain to give it more thought I'll do some chiming in.  For now, I just wanted you to know this is a great conversation.

I haven't read any of Frank's stuff either.  I know that I have one or two of his books though.  So I have one questions for you ST, what does Frank describe as the differentiation between spirit and soul?  If you can just sum it up?  If not, I'll take a look at the links you provided. 

I'd like to read Frances Key's boos too.  Thanks for mentioning them Albert. 

PS--The reason I haven't been too active on here for a couple weeks or so is because my mom passed away.  Before that her health was rapidly declining so things were nutty here for a while.  I had her here at home with the help of Home Hospice.  ST and I have been chatting on the sidelines a little bit about all that.  But I'm here still, trying to get my focus back on line.   No need to reply about this here on this thread, I just wanted to explain why I've been absent.  Please see the Dream Forum though.  Mom actually visited me  Roll Eyes

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #46 - Jan 21st, 2018 at 2:29am

Vicky wrote on Jan 20th, 2018 at 9:58pm:
Hey,

I haven't read any of Frank's stuff either.  I know that I have one or two of his books though.  So I have one questions for you ST, what does Frank describe as the differentiation between spirit and soul?  If you can just sum it up?  If not, I'll take a look at the links you provided. 

Hi Vicky ...

Frank is not speaking, as much as he is transcribing (writing) what non-physical is communicating to him. The current group of beings he is working with (nearly daily now) have never been human. They are unitary beings (as opposed to humans which are complex with a soul).

I cannot summarize soul v. spirit due to the depth of the content (no shortcuts). However, here are some quotes from the link. If you find yourself interested (e.g., attracted), then I would suggest reading the entire blog post on DeMarco's blog.

"You are thinking of Soul and Spirit as two different kinds of things that happen to intersect in human enterprises. But Spirit created Soul. It animates Soul. It shares its essence with Soul." (quote)

"Resist the temptation to consider the Soul as in 3D and the Spirit as coming from the non-3D somehow. Try to see both inhabiting the All-D, so that, although they coexist in the same space, Spirit is mostly not comprehended by Soul. You could say, pretty accurately, that Soul is bound to its 3D limitations in which it was founded, while Spirit inhabits all of reality, not only the 3D portion of it, hence is invisible to greater or lesser extend depending upon how conscious the Soul is or becomes. Spirit is always here, always functioning, but is it not always perceived, and rarely is perceived in the same way at different times by different Souls." (quote)

"Look at it this way. Sam = Spirit creating and incorporating and developing and fostering Souls. In being so engaged, it loses some of its freedom of action (somewhat as a parent does to a dependent child) and becomes part of a compound being. So the difference between what we call Sam for convenience and what we continue to call Spirit is whether one is or is not part of a compound being." (quote)

IP Logged

Sammy

Montreal
Reply #47 - Jan 27th, 2018 at 4:25pm

ST, I just wanted to thank you for sharing your experiences and knowledge.  I seem to have had a little breakthrough these past few days after having read your thread and investigating the links ... specifically the 4 daily do's of Abraham Hicks (first time encountering this message).  The last "do" released quite a bit of self-induced garbage i've been carrying around for many years ... so thank you thank you thank you for directing me to that piece of knowledge.

Big thank you to you too Vicky for carrying on the forum!  I first learned of Bruce Moen back in 2008 after losing a young nephew and for several years afterward got pretty good at dropping in and directing my attention to those focus levels ... but never really hit a homerun.

IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #48 - Jan 27th, 2018 at 6:40pm

Sammy wrote on Jan 27th, 2018 at 4:25pm:
I seem to have had a little breakthrough these past few days after having read your thread and investigating the links ... specifically the 4 daily do's of Abraham Hicks (first time encountering this message).  The last "do" released quite a bit of self-induced garbage i've been carrying around for many years ... so thank you thank you thank you for directing me to that piece of knowledge.

Hi Sammy ... thanks for your comment! I had a similar experience with the material when first practicing the four things.

Each of us have been programmed by our 3D apparatus (body, brain, senses) to perceive that we are somehow separate, when in our broader reality (the All-D which includes the 3D and non-3D) we are not separate - especially from those non-physically supporting us.

I like how Abraham labels the resulting energies as "resistance". That quickly became a helpful clue for me as to why meditation and the other suggested "things" are so helpful for us. By practicing them, I am reducing my resistance to "what is".

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #49 - Jan 30th, 2018 at 9:03pm

Quote:

Big thank you to you too Vicky for carrying on the forum!  

Aw thanks, and you're welcome!   Smiley

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Only One Minute
Reply #50 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 1:39pm

An encouragement from my past, but still a helpful reminder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtzyKZoVKX4

He is a Sufi Master (I am not a Sufi follower), but what he is pointing to - it is relevant for everyone.

IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Re: Reading the Afterlife Knowledge Guidebook
Reply #51 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 12:06am

I have not posted in a couple of weeks because I am currently working through Moen's 5th book, The Afterlife Knowledge Guidebook. I am working slowly with it, and I am about 15% through the book. I could not get the CD with the vocalized exercises on it, so I am having to do that work by using the book. That makes the reading a bit more tedious, and I have to separate learning by reading FROM learning by practicing.

I may be missing out on the personal stories and discoveries of his four earlier books, but I am glad that I selected the 5th book first. While reading the 2nd chapter, I thought that I might have had a visit from Bruce. I have not been traveling (just lots of dreams), so I have not verified that yet.

The book provides a good summation of what Moen both  practiced and taught. I am sure many here have already read this book, but I thought I would share why I have not been posting as much. When I am done with the book, I will write up a review on Amazon.

Anyway ... that's it for now. Tongue
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2018 at 2:04pm by Subtle Traveler »  

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #52 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 12:13am

Thanks for the update.  I've been busy too and hope to be un-busy as much soon!

If you have any great experiences while working through Bruce's Guidebook I hope you'll share them with us!!

I'm glad you're enjoying it despite not having the CDs at this time.  I'll see what I can find out from Bruce's wife about ordering them.  I need an update about that anyway. 

Vicky

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #53 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 2:03pm

Vicky wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 12:13am:
Thanks for the update.  I've been busy too and hope to be un-busy as much soon!

If you have any great experiences while working through Bruce's Guidebook I hope you'll share them with us!!

I'm glad you're enjoying it despite not having the CDs at this time.  I'll see what I can find out from Bruce's wife about ordering them.  I need an update about that anyway. 

Vicky

Hi Vicky

I am chuckling, because you always seem to draw me out ... just a bit more (and even if you're very busy). Thank you for your attention here. It is appreciated.

Other Experiences

I did experience the "vibrational state" early in the morning, when first practicing the "3 deep breaths" exercise before going to bed. That let me know right away that Bruce's stuff can work. Last night I read the section about "beliefs" and "system crashes". It reminded me of several of these events that I have had in my life. I have noted three system crashes I experienced for further journaling and review. Probably the biggest system crash came after I experienced Jesus in physical, 3D reality. Another system crash arrived when I had my first OBE and then met my primary guide. And despite this, I went to bed asking for another one of these belief altering experiences. I saw this request as simply another exercise, and following the path of the AKG book (or maybe Bruce's trail of breadcrumbs).

My Approach

Overall, I have halted "my traveling practices" while reading the book. I continue to meditate and do some energy work. I am waiting until I get to the "imagination" section of the AKG book to re-begin my traveling practices again. This is very purposeful on my part, because I have been focused on the OBE and its own subset of beliefs (started by reading William Buhlman in 2015) and Bruce's techniques seem more akin to "phasing". So, I am leaving room to adjust "how I might initiate travel". That means a slower pace, doing each exercise till some competency is achieved, making it my own, etc.

Connecting

I thought that my sensing Bruce's engagement while I read was worth noting above. I felt the presence of someone, so I spoke out loud while reading and asked if it was him. I did not hear anything, but I continued to feel a presence or nudge. Frank DeMarco talks about this phenomena with both Rita and TGU (the guys upstairs), as happening when reading someone's writing or books. It is how DeMarco began his own conversations with Hemingway (which he ended up writing about).

See? You drew me out. Smiley (thanks for that!)

P.S. Good luck with your BIG project. Cool

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #54 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 12:43am

Oh you're welcome!  I appreciate your participation here very much.

Belief system crashes are funny things.  I think we have them more often than we realize, just from normal everyday life.  And they happen when we least expect.  When they pop up I find it helps to just have an attitude of, "Oh so this is what I'm feeling now, ok" and just roll with it.  Better not to fight it, deny it, or change it.  Think of it as a new normal. 

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #55 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 10:48am

Vicky wrote on Feb 21st, 2018 at 12:43am:

Belief system crashes are funny things.  I think we have them more often than we realize, just from normal everyday life.  And they happen when we least expect.  When they pop up I find it helps to just have an attitude of, "Oh so this is what I'm feeling now, ok" and just roll with it.  Better not to fight it, deny it, or change it.  Think of it as a new normal. 

I agree with Bruce's observation in the book that with each 'belief system crash' it can get easier. However, my first belief system crash at 15 was traumatic and that trauma stayed with me for years. The experience has never repeated itself, so it does not quite fit in a description of a "new normal". But I do understand what you are generally suggesting.

In some contrast, meeting my guidance (a belief system crashing event) has become a new normal. Less traumatic for me. It fits within your description quite well. It became more normal for me rather quickly.

I can see that our experiences may be different with belief system crashes so perceptions-interpretations may be differing, but I do not want to distract you further from focusing on your important event this weekend. We can chat about this another time, if needed.

Thanks for your follow up comment. Smiley
« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2018 at 3:56am by Subtle Traveler »  

IP Logged

Morrighan

Multidimensional Navigator

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #56 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 3:06pm

Do you notice any shifts as your work deepens?

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
It goes in — it must come out. — Teslacles Deviant to Fudd's First Law
IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #57 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 3:27pm

Morrighan wrote on Feb 21st, 2018 at 3:06pm:
Do you notice any shifts as your work deepens?

Hi Morrighan!

Can you be more specific about the meaning of "shifts"?

IP Logged

Morrighan

Multidimensional Navigator

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #58 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 11:12pm

Ordinarily I would say "recursions" instead of "shifts" - it is more accurate. Visualizing a Fibonacci sequence is the best way to see it. The spiral expands as the sequence advances. A shift or recursion is each point where the expression doubles as the system's expansion increases.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
It goes in — it must come out. — Teslacles Deviant to Fudd's First Law
IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #59 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 3:54am

Morrighan wrote on Feb 21st, 2018 at 11:12pm:
Ordinarily I would say "recursions" instead of "shifts" - it is more accurate. Visualizing a Fibonacci sequence is the best way to see it. The spiral expands as the sequence advances. A shift or recursion is each point where the expression doubles as the system's expansion increases.

Morrighan ...

OK, I understand recursions. I am glad I asked. No recursions, because I am still learning in a linear format.

There does seem to be an expansion of my experience nearly each time that I read and then practice something from the book afterwards. Something non-physical becomes apparent or happens when I practice each exercise, except for the Silly Little Finger exercise (e.g., I am not connecting with that yet). In contrast, I immediately related several times in my life to the Belief System Crash. I have had a few of those - and a very big one when I was a teen.

I am doing one exercise at a time in book sequence. Once I complete the book, I will integrate what I learn and I would expect more recursive experiences and an accelerated expansion.

Today, I practiced the "balance of the perceiver and interpreter" for the first time. I did it without any sound assistance, but I set a clear intention about it. I clicked out a few times but came back each time. On my last click out, when I returned it was like I was pushed or nudged non-physically. I have not experienced this before. It caught me off guard and I exited the transcendent state obtained by the exercise.

Overall, I was very tired when I did this today, so I took a nap afterwards. However, I will try this exercise tomorrow or Friday with a hemi-sync recording by Patty Avalon with focus 12, 15 and 21 frequencies in it (about 40 minutes). I nearly always have a click out with this recording, so I will use "the balancing exercise" to practice not clicking out when listening (e.g., a test). Not clicking out as much would be an improvement for me, and using this hemi-sync recording provides a way for me to measure that progress (based on my past).

So, expansions including reaching transcendent states of consciousness (yes) ... but recursions (not yet). This is most likely due to how I am learning Bruce's material.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.