Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Alien Spirit Guide (Read 22850 times)
Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Re: Alien Spirit Guide
Reply #30 - Dec 21st, 2017 at 10:10pm

Subtle Traveler wrote on Dec 21st, 2017 at 9:14pm:
Hi Vicky ... glad you are chiming in on this ...

Do I remember that orb experience from your book? It sounds familiar.

fwiw, I have had a shared experience with someone else where our experiences were slight different. It showed me that perceptions can be different, even while sharing the same encounter.

No this was pretty recent so it wasn't in my book.  You read my book?  I never can remember who has.  Thanks!  I hope you liked it.

Ok, I totally agree with you about how perceptions can be totally different about the same experience!!  I have to tell you about the one that came to mind, but I'll come back in a little bit and tell it.  I need to go spend some time with my kiddos. 
Smiley

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #31 - Dec 21st, 2017 at 10:44pm

Morrighan wrote on Dec 21st, 2017 at 9:53pm:
Truly perceptions are different and (in my experience) often takes a bit of effort for two people working together to determine we are seeing the same thing. Sometimes it is immediately clear. More often it takes us up to several hours to bring the work to parity.

That all said it's worth reiterating I strictly never OBE. I do all my work in my body, eyes wide open, no special arrangements of any kind. No preparation, just jump in. That's the way it works with me. I may get a call at who knows what o'clock in the night - by call I mean the embodied person I work with pings me, I wake up and find her message, and we go to work.

Morrighan ...

This is helpful. Thanks for continuing to expand upon this. It is giving me a feel for things here as you present your experiences and practices in nuanced language.

As some background, my first experience ever experience with a non-physical being was in the physical (as a teen). I never left my body and stayed physically focused and awake the entire time (feeling my arms around each person beside me), yet I could see the being in their light body (I was 1 of 2 people who saw). I am NOT clairvoyant. There were 80 other people at the event who apparently did not see anything but the campfire in front of us.

I started a new thread called "subtle travel" today where I am sharing my experiences. I told Vicky today that there is one experience that I would not share, because it is often seen as controversial.

However, I am going to write out that experience and share it. I am changing my mind. Listening to you today, there is something going on. When I do write it out, I would like you to read and listen to it.

Thanks again for holding forth.

IP Logged

Morrighan

Multidimensional Navigator

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #32 - Dec 21st, 2017 at 11:02pm

Will watch, and will respond as I feel is appropriate, thank you.

Did mention I do no special preparation when I go to work. This does require some qualification. Some mission work ... hold that thought a moment. There is absolutely no reason to imply that any mission work I engage in is personally perilous. Absolutely no harm can come to me from anything without my permission.

That being understood, it is sometimes necessary for me to take steps to verify my field integrity before engaging in ... it is technical work. And our teams use technical terms for this because of the nature of it. I'm given to understand the way our teams language our work is not widely comprehended beyond the scope of our workspace.

Also I make all effort not to speak of what our teams do save for what I feel is relevant to the readers here: those who seek to gain afterlife knowledge. It is true I sometimes traverse those realms in the course of a workday, but it has not been my focus for a long while.

Vicky reports some success in our group exercises that are presently suspended owing to Bruce's transition.

In the end it's really about what works for you.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
It goes in — it must come out. — Teslacles Deviant to Fudd's First Law
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #33 - Dec 22nd, 2017 at 3:04am

Ok, I realize we have a few subjects going on here but I wanted to follow-through with what I said earlier so here is one of the shared experience I wanted to tell:   

My kids and I were on the way home from the hospital where my ex-father-in-law had just passed away.  It was 2009.  I was driving, my son (13) was in the front passenger seat, and my daughter (11) was in the back seat behind my son. 

Silently to myself I sent a message to my ex’s dad, telling him that if there was anything I could do for him to please let me know.  He and I never got along in life, but I wanted to genuinely be available to him if I could be of help because I knew he’d be surprised at what he was seeing in the afterlife.  I knew in life he probably thought I was a weirdo but now that he was dead he was probably thinking, "Oh boy, Vicky was right!"

Immediately after I sent him this message I heard a woman’s voice talking in the car.  It was right beside me on my right, so between me and my son.  At least I thought it was a woman’s voice.  It was very fast as if someone were fast-forwarding.  I was so shocked that I turned my head around and said, “What was that?”  My kids both said, “What was what?”

I asked my daughter if she was playing a radio or something on her phone and she said no.  My son asked me what I heard.  I told them I heard a woman’s voice talking very fast.  My daughter said she didn’t hear anything, but my son said, “Well I didn’t hear a woman’s voice but I heard a hissing sound.” 

I asked how he experienced it, and he said that at the same time I thought I heard a woman’s voice, he had just heard a hissing sound right between us.  My daughter said, “Well you’re both nuts because I didn’t hear a thing.”

Although I never found out what this experience was about, I know that my son and I experienced the same thing but we perceived it differently. 

I remember from my experiments with the Theta Metronome when I had the OBE where a woman was showing me how she was murdered that it began with me first asking to make contact with someone in the afterlife, then I got the sound of a buzzing and hiss, and then the hiss sound reminded me of the sound of someone talking very fast, and then I realized it was a woman’s voice.  I also remember reading about Bruce saying in his books that the hiss is the sound of many human voices all jumbled together.  And you can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Robert Monroe also wrote about the hissing noise.  Isn’t that fascinating?

I found it fascinating that my son perceived the hiss and I perceived the woman’s voice, and my daughter didn't hear anything at all.  If I had not freaked out at the sound of it and if I’d realized what I was perceiving I could have focused more on it until I was able to understand what was being said.  Unfortunately I messed up the connection. 

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

withinn

Reply #34 - Dec 22nd, 2017 at 4:25am

Quote:
  If I had not freaked out at the sound of it and if I’d realized what I was perceiving I could have focused more on it until I was able to understand what was being said.  Unfortunately I messed up the connection. 

I don't think you messed up the connection.

It is more like you don't have enough information to actualize your awareness to what you perceived.

We as humans are limited no matter how aware we are.

So you now can ask the guides or whomever to understand what you perceived. If that is possible.

IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #35 - Dec 22nd, 2017 at 9:56am

Morrighan wrote on Dec 21st, 2017 at 11:02pm:
Will watch, and will respond as I feel is appropriate, thank you.

Thanks Morrighan.

I understand what you are saying about the field (a good point). I am going to come back to and review our conversation above later today.

I had a serious "curve ball" thrown at me last night by someone that I have been helping. As I engage the "new" of this forum, I am experiencing both momentum and adjustment. Overall I felt a bit wobbly before sleeping last night, and my energy was reflecting that when I posted here. I am going to take some time today to reduce my resistance (to what is) by meditating.

Thanks again.

IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #36 - Dec 22nd, 2017 at 10:08am

Vicky wrote on Dec 22nd, 2017 at 3:04am:
I found it fascinating that my son perceived the hiss and I perceived the woman’s voice, and my daughter didn't hear anything at all.  If I had not freaked out at the sound of it and if I’d realized what I was perceiving I could have focused more on it until I was able to understand what was being said.  Unfortunately I messed up the connection. 

Love the story, Vicky. Thanks for taking time to share it and also re-focus your thread here. I am laughing a bit at the family dynamics (e.g., you're both crazy!) ...

but I primarily wanted to comment not to be too hard on yourself when looking back at this stuff ... you were driving the car, listening to the non-3D communicate, remaining open to the transition of your ex in-law, and being an attentive mom to your kids all at once. I'd say that your perception of the All-D was damn good! (and most importantly you were being a good mom!) Roll Eyes

Really (really) good.  Smiley

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #37 - Dec 22nd, 2017 at 10:40am

I observe one thing humans are spectacularly good at is sustaining and maintaining self-limiting belief systems. One may even reorient oneself as to view limiting belief systems as another belief system territory. It is overwhelmingly populated by humans. I've not specifically noticed our animal friends to hold self-limiting beliefs except when they learn it from humans.

humor --> It is even possible to imagine the belief systems territory of self-limiting beliefs as a sort of human gated community <--- humor

One self-limiting belief is that of some inability to function beyond our humanness. I've spoken here before of Both / And, and this is an operative function of our embodied experiences.

What I see in Vicky's tale (and thank you for posting) is her demonstrated ability  to - shall we say - "tune in" to non-physical experiences. That is coupled with her stated desire to verify, and to look to others for that verification. All of which is neither here nor there, for it's a very human thing. Bruce was moved enough by it to pen Voyage Beyond Doubt. He had to work to overcome the objections of his engineer's mind.

One exercise that helps us move beyond doubt is to see what we bring into the present with what we write. This helps us see what we are actually present to. And Vicky and I are already holding this conversation, for she knows exactly what .... what I am seeing in this moment are two cardinals, bright against the December forest floor.

This is what we do to bring what is proper into the focus of our consciousness. To observe the cardinals and the December foliage as One, without distinction.

None of the preceding is intended to be a criticism of any. It is what we (those I work with) call an observing. The only verification required is to see for yourself  Smiley Oh, and happy Solstice to you as we're still in that window:http://mailchi.mp/9555f48455ff/stillness?e=85b4cc6b9b
« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2017 at 12:41pm by Morrighan »  

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #38 - Dec 22nd, 2017 at 1:04pm

withinn wrote on Dec 22nd, 2017 at 4:25am:
I don't think you messed up the connection.

It is more like you don't have enough information to actualize your awareness to what you perceived.

We as humans are limited no matter how aware we are.

So you now can ask the guides or whomever to understand what you perceived. If that is possible.

Hi Withinn,

Thank you for saying this.  Just because I've had a ton of wonderful experiences doesn't mean I'm an expert by any means.  I still need a lot of help in learning how to navigate.

I will definitely focus on asking my guides to help me understand what it was that I perceived that night. 

Do you have any other advice for me.  All I can think of is, since I was setting the intention and putting it out there that I was willing to be of service, I should have also kept in mind that if/when something comes into my awareness to just accept it and allow it to unfold or open on its own.  I think, though, that hearing the woman's voice just shocked me so much.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #39 - Dec 22nd, 2017 at 1:08pm

Subtle Traveler wrote on Dec 22nd, 2017 at 10:08am:
Vicky wrote on Dec 22nd, 2017 at 3:04am:

Love the story, Vicky. Thanks for taking time to share it and also re-focus your thread here. I am laughing a bit at the family dynamics (e.g., you're both crazy!) ...

but I primarily wanted to comment not to be too hard on yourself when looking back at this stuff ... you were driving the car, listening to the non-3D communicate, remaining open to the transition of your ex in-law, and being an attentive mom to your kids all at once. I'd say that your perception of the All-D was damn good! (and most importantly you were being a good mom!) Roll Eyes

Really (really) good.  Smiley

Subtle Traveler,

Thanks!  My kids have been accustomed to the paranormal their whole lives so we do have some interesting conversations, LOL. 

I don't try to be hard on myself, but it's more that I get disappointed with a missed opportunity.  As Withinn pointed out, I can always try to re-enter that area of consciousness by asking for understanding.  I think that's a great idea.  It certainly can't hurt.

PS--As far as I'm concerned, there is no thread drift going on here.  This is how normal conversations take place, one thing leading to another creating engaging and entertaining conversation.  I thank you all for being such great participants on this conversation board!

Kiss

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #40 - Dec 22nd, 2017 at 1:24pm

Morrighan,

I should tell you that because of our interactions these past few months I know I've learned one (at least) valuable tool from you.  That which you call the Truth Detector.  I've been using it, playing with it, practicing it in many ways.  It's such a great tool that it comes to mind in most things I do now.  It's not about right or wrong, or truth or lies.  It's about being present in the moment and keeping focus on what's truly needed for me and my intention at the moment.  In other words, not letting me waste my time being side tracked by unnecessary stuff that's not serving a good purpose.  It really helps me get at the heart of what's important.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #41 - Dec 22nd, 2017 at 3:30pm

Hai Vicky,

It's quite true in every literal sense I language things differently now than when we met all those years ago. What I trust is clear is you show yourself your own journey beyond doubt as you share your experiences.

IP Logged

Uno

ALK Member

Reply #42 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 1:35am

Vicky,
Quote:
That which you call the Truth Detector.  I've been using it, playing with it, practicing it in many ways.  It's such a great tool that it comes to mind in most things I do now.  It's not about right or wrong, or truth or lies.

Really?

Quote:
It's about being present in the moment and keeping focus on what's truly needed for me and my intention at the moment.  In other words, not letting me waste my time being side tracked by unnecessary stuff that's not serving a good purpose.  It really helps me get at the heart of what's important.

Is this statement true or false, is it right or is it wrong, that is an essential question to ask one's self. True and false is the heart of the matter of what is important.

Morrighan,

Quote:
It's quite true in every literal sense[...]

Right.

Merry Christmas ladies!

If you claim there is no truth and in the same breath claim that is the truth, you are a leftist.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #43 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 2:32am

Uno wrote on Dec 23rd, 2017 at 1:35am:
Vicky,
Quote:
It's about being present in the moment and keeping focus on what's truly needed for me and my intention at the moment.  In other words, not letting me waste my time being side tracked by unnecessary stuff that's not serving a good purpose.  It really helps me get at the heart of what's important.

Is this statement true or false, is it right or is it wrong, that is an essential question to ask one's self. True and false is the heart of the matter of what is important.

Hi Uno,

I made that statement for myself, not as something I'm giving or teaching so it wasn't open for debate.  But for me to try to explain to you what I myself mean by it, I can say that the technique itself is not meant as a divining tool to tell me what to do or tell me what's right.  It is meant for me to be open to feeling and sensing my own guidance system.  Does that make more sense now? 

Here's an exaggerated example.  If I were driving and were lost, and I said, "I wonder if I should turn down this road."  There's no right or wrong or true or false to that question.  I could turn down a dozen wrong roads and still find my destination eventually.  But if I sense that I should, or if I sense that I shouldn't, I really still don't know the reason why, but listening to it is something I can learn to rely on, develop, and use. 

Having a sense of my connection with my own intuition and guidance is what's at the heart of what's important.  For what I think may be true or false may not actually be the case.  What if I get the sense to drive down the wrong road, the road that doesn't lead me to the place I'm looking for, but instead it leads me to something else that I need but wasn't aware I needed?  That is the truer way to be open to your guidance, when you're willing to accept that you don't have to be in control of the reasons in which you're guided. 

That's just my opinion by the way.  I'm not making a blanket statement for everybody.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Subtle Traveler

US
Reply #44 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 9:49am

Uno ...

I will expand upon Vicky's comment that it is my "EXPERIENCE" also that our intuition and our guidance play the most important roles in our many decisions while human. They are part of them. They influence them. It is why we are here (e.g., to make choices with our inner guidance). I realize that this may be both new and foreign to you, therefore I will briefly share a very meaningful non-physical experience.

When meeting and eventually confirming my primary guide in an early out of body experience, "the reality or truth about who is helping me" began to unfold in a very real and experiential manner (not another belief). I did not have to believe something I was being told by other humans or some authority or even an expert ... I had an actual non-physical experience showing me what was beyond the 3D physical reality ... and who was helping me. I share my non-physical experience very briefly in this way, because I am attempting to put this initially in your language (e.g., truth vs. false).

If I were to use my own wording to point to where you are going off track here with your responses to Vicky and Morrighan, I would say that our interactions are not about truth and false. Our interactions with both the physical and non-physical are about BEING! And, I would point to our guidance as our inner being. So, if the human is laboring over what is truth and false, that really is DOING (e.g., requiring thinking) and NOT being. Experiencing our guidance directly is about BEING, in fact every experience is about BEING (and becoming).

I hope that my language shed light on these differences for you.
« Last Edit: Dec 23rd, 2017 at 5:28pm by Subtle Traveler »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.