Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
what do you think? (Read 9985 times)
Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Re: what do you think?
Reply #15 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 8:51pm

Well I'll make an attempt to reply back on the original topic.

Mac, if everything were always happening, I don't know how to conceptualize that because of my human perspective of only being able to experience one moment in time, i.e. "now".   Unless...if there was a way to pick an event and only focus on that experience then that would be more akin to what I said earlier, that I wish I could relive certain moments and experiences. 

I do believe we have everything we've experienced "recorded" inside us but the problem is not being able to access it.  For instance, I remember a few specific things about very special moments in my life but of course I can't recall every single moment of them. 

But part of me is satisfied and maybe happier that I'm not reliving things, even good things.  I think there's so much value in growing from our experience of time passing.

We really are never the same person from moment to moment.  I know that's an exaggeration but what I mean is, we are always slowing changing because of our experiences, feelings, thoughts, etc.  I can remember many times in my life where it's sad that I had to grow and change from the person I once was.  For instance, I liked the person I was way back in the early days of my marriage, but because of a bad marriage and abuse, I changed.  Which wasn't a conscious decision per se, it was actually survival and adaptability and it happens subtly.  When the storm has passed one day you realize you're not the same person and you never will be.  But mostly the changes are wonderful and I'm grateful for being a stronger version of myself.  But part of me wonders what life would be like and what I would be like had my marriage been wonderful and loving and we were still together.  Not because I miss him!  But because in a way, I miss my past self.  It's only a curiosity, not something I actually want!

So I guess if I had to choose between the way things actually are and your what-if scenario, I'm very happy for the way things actually are. 

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

mac

Valley of the Sun, Arizona
Re: what do you think?
Reply #16 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 10:15pm

Vicky wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 8:51pm:
Well I'll make an attempt to reply back on the original topic.

It needs to get back on topic.

Mac, if everything were always happening, I don't know how to conceptualize that because of my human perspective of only being able to experience one moment in time, i.e. "now". 

I find a similar difficulty but over my years 'in the spooks' I've had hard concepts to reconcile.  Some took a couple of decades of application before I nailed 'em.  Mebbe I'm a slow learner because only a couple of days back I was impressed to re-think something I thought I understood.  Maybe the conundrum of time is 'work-in-progress' to be finalised before I kick my clogs.

Unless...if there was a way to pick an event and only focus on that experience then that would be more akin to what I said earlier, that I wish I could relive certain moments and experiences. 

I do believe we have everything we've experienced "recorded" inside us but the problem is not being able to access it.  For instance, I remember a few specific things about very special moments in my life but of course I can't recall every single moment of them. 

But part of me is satisfied and maybe happier that I'm not reliving things, even good things.  I think there's so much value in growing from our experience of time passing.

We really are never the same person from moment to moment.  I know that's an exaggeration but what I mean is, we are always slowing changing because of our experiences, feelings, thoughts, etc.  I can remember many times in my life where it's sad that I had to grow and change from the person I once was.  For instance, I liked the person I was way back in the early days of my marriage, but because of a bad marriage and abuse, I changed.  Which wasn't a conscious decision per se, it was actually survival and adaptability and it happens subtly.  When the storm has passed one day you realize you're not the same person and you never will be.  But mostly the changes are wonderful and I'm grateful for being a stronger version of myself.  But part of me wonders what life would be like and what I would be like had my marriage been wonderful and loving and we were still together.  Not because I miss him!  But because in a way, I miss my past self.  It's only a curiosity, not something I actually want!

So I guess if I had to choose between the way things actually are and your what-if scenario, I'm very happy for the way things actually are. 

One of the many things that are different for me is that I rarely look at spiritual issues in connection with my personal circumstances.  I'm primarily interested in empirical aspects, the stuff that affects all of us irrespective of what any particular individual believes or has personally experienced.

When we stand outside our personal circumstances to consider the tricky stuff I think we have - well, I feel I have - a better view of the big picture. 

That doesn't necessarily mean I have a better understanding of it, of course!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.