Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
meaning of retrieval (Read 5513 times)
mac

Valley of the Sun, Arizona
meaning of retrieval
Nov 21st, 2017 at 10:55pm

I'm a Brit and can find that words and phrases used by members in other countries leave me unsure of their usual meaning.   

Does retrieval involve something similar to a 'rescue'?  ie helping a discarnate individual complete their transition from incarnate life?

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Re: meaning of retrieval
Reply #1 - Nov 22nd, 2017 at 12:13am

Hi Mac,

The word “rescue” is a good word to help describe what Retrieval is all about.  A deceased person in need of Retrieval is stuck in a place in the afterlife that isn’t the best place for them to be, for various reasons.  There is a better place.  So yes, helping them is like a rescue.  And not everyone who dies needs to be retrieved or rescued. 

Here is a quote from Bruce Moen’s Afterlife Knowledge Guidebook:

"I began actively exploring our afterlife in 1992 after attending a six-day residential program called Lifeline at The Monroe Institute in Faber, Virginia. Lifeline was developed by out-of-body traveler and author Robert A. Monroe, the institute’s founder, from his out-of-body explorations of many nonphysical realms, including our afterlife.

Monroe claimed to have discovered areas in which the newly deceased appeared to be isolated and trapped, due to the circumstances of their death or their beliefs or other factors. Monroe’s descriptions of their existence bore a strong resemblance to the feeling of being trapped within a dream. He discovered that it was possible to assist these people to become aware of their situation and move to a better afterlife environment. Monroe called this assistance retrieval."

Vicky

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

mac

Reply #2 - Nov 22nd, 2017 at 12:24am

Thanks for that, Vicky.  It confirms what I thought I was picking up from the accounts I had read here.  The subject is familiar to me although I have likely come from a different direction. 

I know the subject in connection with 'rescue groups' who 'sit' (probably less frequently nowadays) regularly for similar reasons to those described here on AK.  Sometimes 'rescue mediums' may sit by themselves but I believe the energy supplied by a group is helpful to the process.

Mostly I'm familiar with American words and phrases but 'retrieval' is a new on for me.   Wink

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #3 - Nov 22nd, 2017 at 12:40am

That's interesting.  I don't think I've really ever heard of rescue mediums, but it sounds very similar of a concept.  I would take a guess at saying that this concept has probably been around for a very long time, done by all sorts, and called by lots of names.   

And yeah, I agree that a group working together to send intention and energy would have a very strong effect!

"Retrieval" was a new word to me too when I first read any of Bruce Moen's work.  Because he lived in my state, Colorado, at the time, I tracked him down and we met and talked in person.  I liked him so much, which made it even more easy for me to trust he really knew what he was talking about.  He allowed me to borrow his Guidebook and CDs (which later I paid him for since I wanted to keep them).  But it was only a couple of weeks after I had borrowed the Guidebook that I did my first retrieval!!

I was absolutely astounded that the processes he describes in the Guidebook actually worked, and absolutely astounded that I was able to have this kind of experience.  It definitely proved to me that what he teaches is real, and that anyone can learn to do it. 

Vicky

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

mac

Reply #4 - Nov 22nd, 2017 at 1:40am

Vicky wrote on Nov 22nd, 2017 at 12:40am:
That's interesting.  I don't think I've really ever heard of rescue mediums, but it sounds very similar of a concept.  I would take a guess at saying that this concept has probably been around for a very long time, done by all sorts, and called by lots of names.   

And yeah, I agree that a group working together to send intention and energy would have a very strong effect!

"Retrieval" was a new word to me too when I first read any of Bruce Moen's work.  Because he lived in my state, Colorado, at the time, I tracked him down and we met and talked in person.  I liked him so much, which made it even more easy for me to trust he really knew what he was talking about.  He allowed me to borrow his Guidebook and CDs (which later I paid him for since I wanted to keep them).  But it was only a couple of weeks after I had borrowed the Guidebook that I did my first retrieval!!

I was absolutely astounded that the processes he describes in the Guidebook actually worked, and absolutely astounded that I was able to have this kind of experience.  It definitely proved to me that what he teaches is real, and that anyone can learn to do it. 

Vicky

It is indeed an interesting subject.   Smiley  As I wrote in my opening posting I don't know how I ended up here but I'm guessing I subscribed at some point to an online address and was notified recently about  Bruce's passing.  Other than hearings its name I know nothing about his guidebook collection but self-teaching / improvement seems to be a popular interest.

I did read earlier about your first meeting with Bruce - serendipity.   Wink    We haven't been in CO for some years since we were on the road.  Getting cold there, I see, unlike in The Valley where we expect record highs this coming week. Smiley  perfect!

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #5 - Nov 22nd, 2017 at 2:06am

If you decide to buy Bruce's Guidebook and CDs (or MP3), let me know and/or share your experiences here on the forums. 

How did you get into the subject of the afterlife?

PS -- Quit bragging about your hot weather, it's not fair!    Wink

Yes it's getting cold here but at least it's not snowing yet.  I'm SO over snow and frigid temps.  If I never see another snowflake again in my life I will be just fine that that.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

mac

Reply #6 - Nov 22nd, 2017 at 9:54am

Like many other seekers, I'd guess, it was after bereavement. 

I've only helped with a retrieval on the one occasion but the memories of that dramatic event have stayed with me for nearly three decades.

IP Logged

mac

Reply #7 - Nov 22nd, 2017 at 10:47am

Vicky wrote on Nov 22nd, 2017 at 2:06am:
If you decide to buy Bruce's Guidebook and CDs (or MP3), let me know and/or share your experiences here on the forums. 

How did you get into the subject of the afterlife?

PS -- Quit bragging about your hot weather, it's not fair!    Wink

Yes it's getting cold here but at least it's not snowing yet.  I'm SO over snow and frigid temps.  If I never see another snowflake again in my life I will be just fine that that.

I don't have the interest to begin such a course of study this late in my life.   Wink

In reality I likely won't have that long to wait before I return again to spirit and learn about, or become re-acquainted with, all the stuff I've been discussing and debating for the past three decades.

I do know others using guided methods for communication and they report success from their efforts so I'm sure such study courses can be helpful.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.