Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Reiki (Read 9335 times)
Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reiki
Oct 2nd, 2017 at 6:59pm

I’m really excited to share this here  Smiley.  This weekend I became a Reiki Level II practitioner!  I’m very proud.  I just shared this on Facebook and here’s what I wrote:  “I am now a Level II Reiki practitioner! I'm so proud of myself because I've wanted this for a long time and I've finally begun. I plan on becoming a Reiki Master as well. I loved learning the history, principles, and beliefs of what Reiki is all about, as well as all the prayers, meditations, symbols, hand movements and positions, and of course intention. It really speaks to who I am and what I believe and how I've always lived my life.”

So has anyone else here been attuned in Reiki?  Have you had any amazing experiences with it?

I had a few neat experiences during our practice sessions in class with my classmates that I want to share here.  While I was working on one woman I could sense that she had issues with one of her knees so I focused more on it, as well as I also did a special “scooping” technique to nonphysically pull out the bad energy/issue/pain.  Afterwards she was excited to tell me that that knee had been pretty bothersome for a while and she was amazed I picked up on it. 

Another neat experience was when another classmate was working on me and gave extra attention to my left wrist, and afterward she told me she had sensed that I had pain there and she assumed carpal tunnel syndrome.  I told her it was De Quervain’s tenosynovitis but that I could feel she had honed in on the exact location.  I was wearing a bracelet and I could feel her move it up my arm a little so that she could touch exactly where my pain was!  Not only did she pick up on that, which was really cool, but the night before the class I did an intention and focused attention on that wrist for the Reiki to go to work on that area.  Wow!   Shocked

And while I was being worked on by another classmate, when she got to my root chakra I suddenly felt actual physical pain in my low abdomen although I knew there was no reason for it, not physically, because she wasn’t doing anything that could cause physical pain.  I thought to myself “Wow that really hurts!” and then realized it’s probably a nonphysical reaction to whatever the Reiki was working on.  I had no idea that I was in Focus 10.  I was completely awake and aware but suddenly, nonphysically, my classmate leaned over, began pulling on me, and I sat straight up and came out of my body!  Her nonphysical self looked at me and said with a huge smile, “Well there you go, that’s better!”  Like I said, the whole time I felt completely awake!

Then the last really cool thing that happened was when this same classmate was working on my feet, suddenly a young man appeared in the room next to my classmate working on me.  He looked at me and said he was there to assist and help.  Again I didn’t realize it was a nonphysical experience since it felt physically real.  I remember wondering who he was because it was such a surprise to suddenly see him show up.  Unfortunately my Reiki teacher right at that moment pulled out the face rest because in a minute my classmate was going to have me turn over, so the noise startled me and I woke up.  But up until then I thought I was already awake.  When I told everyone what I experienced my classmate immediately said, “Well he was one of your spirit guides of course!”  When she said that I realized she was right, and it was a pretty incredible feeling to realize that had happened. 

Vicky

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Morrighan

Multidimensional Navigator

Isle of Everywhere
Re: Reiki
Reply #1 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 4:53pm

Many conga rats to you, Vicky!

Yes Reiki is very powerful. While I have never sought attnuement myself, I've often received Reiki treatment, and from two different masters. Of late cranialsacro therapy has been most beneficial for me, as well as myofascial release. I did study MRF in a John Barnes seminar, at least as a lay person.

For added perspective, I make it abundantly clear with my clients that I am not a healer, will make no attempt to heal them etc. etc.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
It goes in — it must come out. — Teslacles Deviant to Fudd's First Law
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #2 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 12:31am

Yes, the healing doesn't come from the person doing the Reiki.  The Reiki knows where to go.

Last night I went to a Reiki Meetup and had another incredible experience.  I'm not gonna lie, this freaked me out a little bit despite my knowledge and beliefs. 

There were 6 of us working in pairs...three tables so two to a table.  The teacher was working the sound bowl and walking around the room.  While I was lying on the table and could feel my partner's hands holding my head and I could hear the teacher sounding the bowl over me, I felt someone else press two fingers into my right knee, then my left knee, and then in two places on my abdomen, all in quick succession.  I wondered who was doing it since I knew the other 4 participants were at the other two tables (one giving Reiki and one receiving it). 

Then several minutes later when my partner was working on my feet (and I could feel both her hands on my feet) I felt someone walk up to me on my left placing one hand on my wrist and one on my shoulder, and then a moment later I felt someone else walk up to me on my right and do the same thing.  I could feel the presence of both of them standing next to me.  I could feel all three pairs of hands on me at the same time, and I could still hear the teacher sounding the bowl so I know it wasn't her.  I wanted so badly to open my eyes and see if two other people were actually physically there, but I also was telling myself, "Vicky this is probably a nonphysical experience.  Don't mess it up!"  So I kept my eyes closed and just marveled at it and enjoyed the experience. 

But afterward, I asked both my partner and the teacher who else was working on me, and they both said no one else was.  They also said the way I described being touched with a quick touch on each knee and two places in the abdomen was not a Reiki move that anyone there does, and that they sure didn't do it.

I'm just amazed at how easily these altered-state experiences are happening for me.  They feel SO physically real.  I completely believe that these extra hands on me were spirit guides coming to assist.

Even though I felt completely naturally physically awake the entire time last night, I must admit that the setting was very hypnotic.  It was raining and beating down on the skylight above me, soft flute and drumming music played in the background, and that sound bowl the teacher was using is pretty far out.  Whatever or however it happened, I really do believe there were nonphysical helpers at my sides last night.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Baroness

ALK Member

Reply #3 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 6:32am

Welcome, Vicky, to the family of Reiki practitioners.

I've been a Reiki Master since 2012 and a practitioner since 2010.  There have been many times that spiritual helpers have either worked on me as I've received Reiki or Healing Touch or worked with me as I gave to someone else.  You are right it is strange to feel hands you can not see, and to sometimes have more than one extra pair of hands working either with or on you.  My son who can see spirits will describe them and that is always fun to know.  Usually they are the guides of the practitioner, but no reason they couldn't be the guides of the client. 

I love working with Reiki and we have Reiki shares here every once in a while as our gift to the community for those who can't afford regular sessions.  It is surprising how we feel drawn to the spots on or in the body that needs healing just by our intent.  I'm sure you will be doing a lot of good for people with your new skill. 

I use Reiki to help get in focus to do retrievals.  I have a much easier time getting in touch with my helpers on the other side.  My focus can stay fixed much better after doing Reiki for myself and others.

My teachers are trying to pass the knowledge to as many as possible including some interested older children.  It is wonderful to see their faces as they experience Reiki and the doors it helps open for them.

Again welcome and congratulation!
T'ressa

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #4 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 9:12am

As I read your account, Vicky, I was reminded of a scene in The Blues Brothers where Jake and Elwood first arrive in Elwood's (Chicago) apartment. The El rolls by (for our internationals, the El is the Elevated train that services the city) and the entire place shakes. The noise is so intense they have to shout. Jake asks: "does that happen often?" Elwood replies: "it happens so often you won't even notice it."

And this is the way of things with assists in Reiki sessions. The only difference between the time in-session and otherwise is you notice.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #5 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 8:02pm

Baroness wrote on Oct 4th, 2017 at 6:32am:
Welcome, Vicky, to the family of Reiki practitioners.

I've been a Reiki Master since 2012 and a practitioner since 2010.  There have been many times that spiritual helpers have either worked on me as I've received Reiki or Healing Touch or worked with me as I gave to someone else.  You are right it is strange to feel hands you can not see, and to sometimes have more than one extra pair of hands working either with or on you.  My son who can see spirits will describe them and that is always fun to know.  Usually they are the guides of the practitioner, but no reason they couldn't be the guides of the client. 

I love working with Reiki and we have Reiki shares here every once in a while as our gift to the community for those who can't afford regular sessions.  It is surprising how we feel drawn to the spots on or in the body that needs healing just by our intent.  I'm sure you will be doing a lot of good for people with your new skill. 

I use Reiki to help get in focus to do retrievals.  I have a much easier time getting in touch with my helpers on the other side.  My focus can stay fixed much better after doing Reiki for myself and others.

My teachers are trying to pass the knowledge to as many as possible including some interested older children.  It is wonderful to see their faces as they experience Reiki and the doors it helps open for them.

Again welcome and congratulation!
T'ressa

Thank you T'ressa!  How old is your son?

I think it's great that you use it as a prep for retrievals!  I'm definitely going to start doing that too. 

I just got back from a follow up visit with my Reiki teacher.  As part of the training she had us schedule one-on-one time with her.  So I gave her an hour and she gave me an hour.  I went first, and I was very pleased that she genuinely said I have a very healing touch.  She said, "Your hands got so hot!"  She asked if they're always hot like that and I said no, in fact my hands are always cold.  She said it felt really, really good. 

Do you have your own practice?  I want to set one up but right now I can't afford to rent office space.  I currently live with my mom who is in home hospice care because she has stage IV lung cancer, and when she passes away I'll keep her house.  When that happens I'll do some updating done and make a room for where I can practice Reiki and healing touch.  For now I'll get a Reiki table so I at least have that to work on. 

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #6 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 8:06pm

Morrighan wrote on Oct 4th, 2017 at 9:12am:
As I read your account, Vicky, I was reminded of a scene in The Blues Brothers where Jake and Elwood first arrive in Elwood's (Chicago) apartment. The El rolls by (for our internationals, the El is the Elevated train that services the city) and the entire place shakes. The noise is so intense they have to shout. Jake asks: "does that happen often?" Elwood replies: "it happens so often you won't even notice it."

And this is the way of things with assists in Reiki sessions. The only difference between the time in-session and otherwise is you notice.

Now that I know this is what's going on I will be consciously aware of the assistance even if I don't physically feel it.  Today as I gave the Reiki session I was calling in all my guides and helpers and envisioning and imagining them there.

This has been such a great experience for me.  I can definitely feel it greatly improving my meditation and sense of focus and holding attention in the present moment.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #7 - Oct 5th, 2017 at 12:04am

This is wonderful, Vicky!  I know you have many wonderful and fulfilling experiences awaiting you.

When I participated in a group healing circle there would always be the healer's helper and as many as 3 others in support of the client.  Many times I could see and feel helpers putting their hands over or even in mine.  Seeing auras was also of immense value to me as a tool for focusing my intent as well.  I've also had other beings work on me to make adjustments at various times as well and agree it's always a moment filled with awe.

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #8 - Oct 5th, 2017 at 1:00am

Lights of Love wrote on Oct 5th, 2017 at 12:04am:
This is wonderful, Vicky!  I know you have many wonderful and fulfilling experiences awaiting you.

When I participated in a group healing circle there would always be the healer's helper and as many as 3 others in support of the client.  Many times I could see and feel helpers putting their hands over or even in mine.  Seeing auras was also of immense value to me as a tool for focusing my intent as well.  I've also had other beings work on me to make adjustments at various times as well and agree it's always a moment filled with awe.

Hi Kathy  Smiley 

Thank you.  I appreciate your sentiment and support.  You and I have similar awe-inspiring experiences so I know you completely understand. 

Doing this kind of meditation, prayer, and practice has really made me much more consciously aware of helpers, not just in experiencing them but I mean in realizing and remembering the fact that they are here with us even when we aren't aware of them.  It's also made me more aware of giving gratitude toward them.  I'm happy that I'm doing that regularly now.  I have been in need of disciplining myself with meditation for a long time now and doing Reiki is very good for doing that for me.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Baroness

ALK Member

Reply #9 - Oct 5th, 2017 at 5:52am

Hi, Vicky,

Yes, Reiki is an energy and can produce heat or cold.  I have found that it will produce what is needed at the time of the session for a particular client.  I have had my cold hands turn warm and then hot, so by the end of the session they feel to me like they have fever.  I have also had my hands turn cold and feel very comforting and cooling to the person receiving the Reiki.  My son, who is also a Reiki Master, uses Reiki to warm himself in the winter time.

Speaking of my son, he is in his early 50's.  He has always had ESP abilities, but a few years ago he developed MS and when he did, his ESP talents expanded greatly so that all of his senses are aware.  Now he sees, hears, smells, tastes, and feels so much more then most of us.  He tells me that energy has a smell, taste, color, sound and feel and is different with each person that runs Reiki through themselves.  With his eyes closed he knows who is giving him Reiki at a Reiki share.  Sometimes we move around from table to table depending on what our teachers think is needed at the time.  He tells us that it is really spectacular when the client is holding crystals.  The crystals enhance the Reiki energy.  He can also see the Guides who are working with us.  He is a font of information when we are all together at a share as he can see our angels, guides and souls.  He tells me most rooms are very full to him if there is more than a couple of people in them.

In the last few months, I have started to see enitites out of the corner of my eyes.  My son has guided me as this new talent is developing.  My talent, that I have had most of my life, has been knowing.  Something that I disbelieved for the first half of this life until my husband started asking me to use it.  He believed in it.  It took years for me to believe as I am very logical.  I had a lot of fun trying to believe what I saw when Retrieving as well.  It was someone else who told me I had a talent for it.  We do get help from some strange places sometimes.  It is wise to pay attention. Wink

I hope you make all kinds of discoveries now that you are using Reiki.  It also sounds like you have a plan for a place for your Reiki business when the time comes.  I too work our of my home.  I'm a Hypnotist as well so the same place works well for both.  I will keep your mother in my prayers and send her Reiki.  Would you like to receive Reiki from me as well?      

T'ressa

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #10 - Oct 5th, 2017 at 4:10pm

T'ressa,

Yes of course I'd love receiving Reiki from you!  Thank you, and thanks for thinking of my mom too.  She's not fully on board so to speak with all the spiritual things I do and believe in, and that's ok, I don't push it on her of course. 

I asked about your son's age because I wasn't sure of your age and I was curious if he was very young.  Sounds quite amazing that he has such strong abilities.  I'm like you, I know I have these senses and abilities but I forget to give them attention and use them.  They need regular use and exercise just like anything else.  I love that your son and you share these abilities and beliefs, and it's sweet that he can train and guide you.

For the past few days I keep dreaming that I'm learning more about Reiki, and I have dreams about guides showing up to talk to me, walk with me, etc.  It's been quite interesting.  I haven't remembered this many dreams in a LONG time so it's been fun.  Last night's dream was extremely vivid, surreal and in vibrant colors and a man showed up (a guide) and said that I probably don't remember him but we used to work together a very long time ago.  I'm gonna have to get back to working on inducing conscious awareness while I'm sleeping so that I can get more from these visits  Smiley

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Baroness

ALK Member

Reply #11 - Oct 5th, 2017 at 7:40pm

Vicky,

Oh, how wonderful, that you are being visited in your dreams.  Shortly after I became a Reiki Master, I had a very vivid dream in the middle of the night.  I was standing in the middle of a lot of black.  Someone came up behind me and touch me on the shoulder.  When I turned to look, I saw a beautiful woman.  She said, "I am Reiki.  I am a person."  I guess she saw the surprise on my face because she repeated.  "Remember, I am Reiki.  I am a person."  Then she backed up and disappeared.  I woke. Thought a moment about the dream and went right back to sleep.  When I woke in the morning, the first thought was about the dream and how vivid it was and how deeply it affected me.  I believed her.  Since then she has become a friend I can count on.  With her I can work directly with the 'other side'.  Reiki changes a person if we let it.   I think for the good with all that good loving energy running through us.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #12 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 1:51am

Your "I am Reiki" dream is just like what I'm talking about!  These are not just normal dreams because I don't normally dream like this.  Ok so there really must be something to it then.  I don't typically assume things too easily but it's been uncanny that I keep having these dreams.  The first one was a couple weeks ago, before I took the Reiki classes.  It seemed real, and I was consciously aware but didn't know I was dreaming.  A very old Japanese man very ceremoniously put his hand on my shoulder and said carefully, "On your journey of healing, your healing name will be and is Kuwana!  Do you accept?"  I was so excited and said, "Yes of course, yes I do!"  I immediately woke up and knew I had to write it down so I didn't forget it.  I don't know what it means but he said it very distinctly. 

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Baroness

ALK Member

Reply #13 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 5:57am

Oh, that is so cool that you were given or told your name.  You must have many guides who are working with you.  Yes, write the dreams down.  Keep a journal.  For some of us, dreams are an easier way to be communicated with and guided.  Keep your logic, but also keep an open mind.  Have you noticed that the dreams are quite loving and pleasant? 

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #14 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 11:56am

Baroness wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 5:57am:
Oh, that is so cool that you were given or told your name.  You must have many guides who are working with you.  Yes, write the dreams down.  Keep a journal.  For some of us, dreams are an easier way to be communicated with and guided.  Keep your logic, but also keep an open mind.  Have you noticed that the dreams are quite loving and pleasant? 

Oh I do write them down.  I've been keeping a dream journal since I was a teenager  Roll Eyes  And I just turned 47 so that's a lot of dreams!  It's fun to look back on them and see the themes and patterns.

Yes these dreams of guides are very loving and pleasant.  I've noticed that even when I'm not too consciously aware or not at all there is still the distinct element of the guide dream character being uncharacteristically loving and persistent in delivering their message.  Like, despite what's going on in the dream they are playing into the dream scene yet it stands out because of their demeanor and presence.  And of course that PUL element in the dream makes them, the message, and the dream really unforgettable. 

Yes I agree that it's easier to have the contact and communication in dreams, not only for guides but for our deceased loved ones, and even our pets too of course.  I'm so thankful they can do that for us.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #15 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 4:16pm

Hi Vicky,

Funny how hard you worked to contact them when they were trying to contact you.  Grin

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #16 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 6:06pm

Morrighan wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 4:16pm:
Hi Vicky,

Funny how hard you worked to contact them when they were trying to contact you.  Grin

LOL, tell me about it!   Roll Eyes

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.