Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Focus on what's important (Read 2170 times)
rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Focus on what's important
Sep 16th, 2017 at 5:09pm

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

IP Logged

AfterlifeForumUser

ALK Member

Re: Focus on what's important
Reply #1 - Mar 21st, 2018 at 12:09pm

I offer Patrick Quanten's ideas:
(Sorry - no link allowed)

Quote:
Start learning these basics:

-  You are the centre of your universe, your world
-  Take full responsibility for everything that happens to -  you
-  Whatever happens to you, you create
-  Whatever you want to happen to you, make it happen for others
-  Accept Life as it is, not as you want it to be
-  Concentrate on each single step, individually — never mind where you think you are going
-  Total flexibility makes you unshakeable
-  Security is the belief you carry inside your heart
Logic is the pauper-king of the prison-world people live in; your gut-instinct is intelligence
Stop blaming the outside for bad things, so you don't have to give credit for good things

Once you have convinced yourself that all is as it is, you know that it doesn't matter what you are promised by any individual, group, organisation, government, or church they do not have the power to make it happen for you. You have!! So, make it happen! Once you know that whatever you decide to do next is the right decision for you, at that moment, then you no longer need to have regrets. Life is about learning lessons. The school of Life teaches on a one-to-one basis; there is a separate curriculum for each individual pupil. Our strengths, weaknesses, and gaps in our knowledge are solely our own, no one else's. So, the only way to really learn is to go your own way. Leave someone else's structure and "security" behind and find out what it is YOU need. Find out what it is YOU need to learn; don't let anyone tell you what to do, what to aspire to, what your needs are.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Re: Focus on what's important
Reply #2 - Mar 21st, 2018 at 8:23pm

Again, this is a reminder that there is no bumping of threads that have gone for 6 months or more with no activity.

Yes I'm aware that this thread missed the mark by just a few days but I had to make a cut-off somewhere and 6 months was it.

Thanks to everyone for understanding and/or not being upset.  I guess I can't ask for everything right?   Smiley

PS--To our new members, Welcome to the Conversation Board and I hope you really enjoy it here!   Smiley

Vicky

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.