Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Losing/Finding objects (Read 19058 times)
Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Losing/Finding objects
Jul 28th, 2017 at 3:32pm

Losing/Finding objects

This is a pattern for me but I don’t know why.  I’ll have something in my immediate surroundings and then suddenly can’t find it.  Then it’ll reappear in the middle of the room.

I was practicing my guitar for a while and then decided to take a break.  I put my guitar back into its case, and then decided to move my daughter’s jewelry box back into her room because it was sitting on my floor next to my guitar case.  She had let me borrow it but there’s really no room for it in my bedroom so I thought I’d get it out of the way.  After coming back into my room, I was going to put away my guitar picks, capo, and tuner but I noticed there were only 3 guitar picks.  I had taken out 4 of them but the black one was missing.  I looked everywhere and retraced my steps, even got a flashlight out and looked on the carpet, under the bed, looked in my guitar case, etc.

I know how this goes.  The thing that’s missing will just reappear if I just stop looking, and typically it’ll show up literally right in the middle of the room on the floor.  It helps to just ask out loud where it is or to say out loud that I want it back.  It seems to act as a way of “allowing” the thing to be found again. 

So I said out loud, “Where’s my guitar pick?” but kept on with what I was doing, putting away my tuner and capo.  I looked on my bed again and still only 3 picks.  I gave everywhere one more look, even the floor, but still couldn’t find the black one. 

Knowing that it helps to actually walk away from the space of the lost item and then return, I walked back into my daughter’s room to look there (as well as the hallway) but couldn’t find the pick.  But once I walked right back into my bedroom, the black guitar pick was sitting on the carpet right in the middle of the room.  There’s no way I had walked right over it and not seen it, especially since I was purposely looking on the floor.

Has anyone had that happen?  If not please give it a try some time.  Say out loud “where is it?” or sat that you want it back.  Then walk out of the room.  Then come back in.  Let me know if it works for you too. 

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Morrighan

Multidimensional Navigator

Isle of Everywhere
Re: Losing/Finding objects
Reply #1 - Jul 28th, 2017 at 8:45pm

That works for a lot of things, I observe.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
It goes in — it must come out. — Teslacles Deviant to Fudd's First Law
IP Logged

Soulmael

ALK Member

svk
Reply #2 - Jul 29th, 2017 at 3:29am

It is the same as Bruce describes in the book AKG page 57-59 with story about peanut butter jars or tv remote control. Can you look for it in the book Vicky?  Wink

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #3 - Jul 29th, 2017 at 10:15am

I'd say it's very similar but slightly different in the sense that when Bruce wanted the peanut butter he started looking for it with the frame of mind of "Where is the peanut butter?"  He believes that that frame of mind is what blocked his perception of it. 

With me and my guitar pick, I wasn't in that frame of mind.  I only wondered where my guitar pick was after I only saw 3 of them on the bed.  So I wasn't exactly in the same frame of mind.  It wasn't until after I noticed the black one was missing that I thought, "Where is my black guitar pick?" 

But I think the concept is relatively the same.  The guitar pick was somewhere, I just couldn't see it.   I actually hadn't even used the black one, I was playing with the purple one, so I have no clue why the black one went missing.  Chances are it just slipped off the bed, but the fact that I didn't see it even though I purposely looked on the floor is very odd.  In similar fashion to the concept that Bruce describes of the missing peanut butter jars, once I began looking for the black guitar pick in the frame of mind of "where is my guitar pick?" then I probably was blocking my perception of it.  A fun thought experiment would be, what if my daughter was walking down the hallway and looked in on me as I was looking all over for the guitar pick, not knowing what I was doing?  It's quite possible she would have seen the guitar pick laying on the floor, asked me what I was doing, and when I said I told her what I was looking for she would have been able to say, "it's right there on the floor".  It's fun to think about.

The same thing happened to me with a magnetic ankle bracelet.  I had laid it out to wear one morning, but when I got to work I noticed I wasn't wearing it.  I realized I must have forgotten to put it on.  But when I got home I couldn't find it anywhere.  I looked everywhere it could possibly be.  Knowing that objects tend to "disappear" for me...whether they actually do disappear or it's just me being absentminded...I changed my frame of mind from looking for the bracelet to "I want my bracelet!"  I walked out of the room and went into the other room and watched TV for a little while.  I thought of my bracelet again, remembering "I want my bracelet!" and walked into my bedroom, and there it was right in the middle of the room on the floor.  There's no way that I had merely walked over it, since earlier I specifically was looking all over the floor while looking for it.

Bruce does point out to state "I want my ____" instead of "Where is my ____?"   And I agree....I think it would produce results more quickly and without the need to get upset about it.  (I think my walking out of the room in frustration and then coming back signifies the change in frame of mind that Bruce talks about when he says to change your frame of mind from "where is" to "I need").  Same concept, same shift of consciousness.   

I think in cases like these examples, the object is actually there, not not there, but it's our perception that shifts to another area of consciousness, one in which the object is not there.  (Which is kind of the same thing right?)  The difference is, if the object actually disappeared then we'd be viewing the reality in which the object disappeared from.   But if the object merely isn't able to be perceived, it's because we are perceiving a slightly different reality, one in which the object doesn't actually exist.

Our beliefs not only alter our perception but also can alter our experience of reality, thus causing us to experience an altered reality.  When Bruce was looking for the channel changer, even his wife was unable to see it even though technically they were both looking right at it, that is, if they had been able to see it there. 

It's a really fascinating topic!

I once experienced a case of an object actually disappearing.  I'd say it was a case of dematerialization.  Rather than our perception or reality shifting, I think this object actually did disappear.  I'd been reading about dematerialization and challenged my belief about it (my doubt that it could actually happen) by telling myself "I'd have to experience something dematerializing before I can believe it's possible".  That evening I was with a group of friends and one of them lost her set of keys.  She had several keys and keychains so it was pretty big and hard to miss, but she couldn't find it.  All evening long they had been sitting on the table between us, we'd all seen them.  But when she went to grab them they were gone.  We all looked everywhere.  She looked through all her things (scrapbooking supplies) which she had brought in a big plastic bin. Her husband eventually had to come pick her up since she couldn't drive home without her keys.  That night at home she was so angry about her keys, she said, "I want my keys!  I know they are here, they must be!"  She immediately opened the plastic storage bin to look through it once more.  The first thing she grabbed was a zipped binder.  She unzipped it and opened it and there were her keys!  She said it was SO bizarre that they had even fit in the binder.  In fact, she tried to close it up again and zip it closed, and they wouldn't even fit!  It was as if the keys had literally materialized right at the moment she opened the binder!

That experience was so remarkable not only because I had challenged my belief by basically asking for an experience of dematerialization to happen to me, but also because there were so many witnesses of this experience.  It wasn't just me who experienced the keys missing and reappearing. 

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #4 - Jul 29th, 2017 at 7:10pm

Some objects, I find, "disappear" for other reasons.

To topic: yes, knowing how to phrase an intent is very important. Bad questions get bad answers.
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2017 at 8:28pm by Morrighan »  

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
IP Logged

seagullresting

ALK Member

USA
Reply #5 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 7:16am

I do think this is an interesting topic. I have previously, under different forum names, described a couple of instances in which I had a disappearance or reappearance of objects. The most similar to the disappearing guitar pick would be the time I was looking for something (can't remember what, exactly) that I was using to work on a bicycle in my apartment. I could not find it anywhere. Because I felt I was wasting my time I stood in the center of the room and chanted Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo, which is a mantra very familiar to me. It has a lot of power within it, in that it stirs up truth from the core of one's being, in my personal opinion. As I stood there and looked down after only one repetition, which had a lot of conviction in it, I saw the object at my feet. I am certain it was not there previously.

To me, that indicates the power of belief to actually change one's physical experience in this world. Changing the state of one's consciousness changes one's reality. Period.

The difference between "where is" and "I want" becomes obvious, doesn't it? And the difference between "I want" and "I have" is even more powerful, as I see it. This is an area of consciousness I am working with at the present time. To explain, after many years on this planet I am only just now realizing how much I look into the outer world for my sustenance. It is much more important to keep awareness of one's inner landscape, and to make subtle adjustments to it, which absolutely changes the flow of one's life, in my experience.

For an example, rather than look outwardly and become dismayed by the lack of emotional support from others, it is much more helpful to look within and to find the aspects of oneself, the places within one's own personality built up over time, which remain sad, angry or helpless because of traumas one has experienced. I would imagine that to emotionally "rescue" that aspect could be considered a retrieval of a part of oneself. When the time is taken to do this, which can be done slowly and carefully, or even in a moment when one has discovered the method, it is apparent that the outer world actually has changed as well. This is how we truly heal.

However, to return to the topic. Another instance, long ago, in which I experienced a disappearing act, was almost frightening. I heard a commotion outside and walked outdoors to see a huge tree branch fallen in the parking area. This was directly below my door, as I am on the second floor. It would have crushed a person while falling and was long, cumbersome, and would have required an effort to remove. One person could not do it. I momentarily thought how glad I was that no one was hurt. I returned inside. For whatever reason, I went back outside on the balcony a few minutes later and it was gone. Every trace. No bits of bark on the drive. Nothing. Someone came around the corner and I was so shocked I simply asked, "Did you see that?" They did not know what I was talking about.

I have no explanation for that. I have no reason. I do know that I was sitting at a table and my thoughts were drifting at the time, and the entire experience was startling.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #6 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 11:10am

Quote:
Changing the state of one's consciousness changes one's reality. Period.

I completely agree. 

Quote:
For an example, rather than look outwardly and become dismayed by the lack of emotional support from others, it is much more helpful to look within and to find the aspects of oneself, the places within one's own personality built up over time, which remain sad, angry or helpless because of traumas one has experienced. I would imagine that to emotionally "rescue" that aspect could be considered a retrieval of a part of oneself. When the time is taken to do this, which can be done slowly and carefully, or even in a moment when one has discovered the method, it is apparent that the outer world actually has changed as well. This is how we truly heal.

I agree with this too.  It's the only way to true growth, change, and healing.  I've noticed that people around you change too when you use this inner method.  To me it's like a short-cut to growth and change.

Quote:
However, to return to the topic. Another instance, long ago, in which I experienced a disappearing act, was almost frightening. I heard a commotion outside and walked outdoors to see a huge tree branch fallen in the parking area. This was directly below my door, as I am on the second floor. It would have crushed a person while falling and was long, cumbersome, and would have required an effort to remove. One person could not do it. I momentarily thought how glad I was that no one was hurt. I returned inside. For whatever reason, I went back outside on the balcony a few minutes later and it was gone. Every trace. No bits of bark on the drive. Nothing. Someone came around the corner and I was so shocked I simply asked, "Did you see that?" They did not know what I was talking about.

I have no explanation for that. I have no reason. I do know that I was sitting at a table and my thoughts were drifting at the time, and the entire experience was startling.

This sounds like one of those instances where you were somehow for some reason getting a glimpse of a close alternate reality.  Like an overlap.  I've had these happen.  I don't know why or how, and of course to try to replicate it is impossible since I don't know what caused it in the first place. 

My biggest most intense one was one day while driving to work and sitting at a red light, a truck in front of me in the middle lane suddenly caught on fire and was instantly engulfed in flames.  Fearing it would cause an explosion I grabbed my purse and opened my door and was just going to abandon my car and run.  But just as suddenly, the whole scene went into reverse as if being re-winded.  Everything was normal again.  I even looked at the face of the woman in the car next to me who was right behind the truck, and I could tell she hadn't seen any of it. 

So, maybe I saw something that was going to be a future event, or maybe it was an alternate reality.  I'll never know.  But I do know my experience was real and not some kind of dream. 

I'm really very interested in the topic of the multiple universe theory.  I'd actually like to have more experiences with it if that's what my experience with the fire and yours with the tree is.
« Last Edit: Aug 2nd, 2017 at 12:19am by Vicky »  

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #7 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 11:19am

The thought that one must never think: the reality we experience is All There Is.

To me, it's like holding an ice cube and believing I see the full expanse of the glacier, and all the other glaciers, and the ice sheets .... Ugh. Poor analogy but you get the gist.

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #8 - Aug 6th, 2017 at 12:20pm

While I have numerous tales of disappearing / reappearing objects, there is one that is pertinent to the flavor of this thread.

A most carefully crafted ankle bracelet came into my keeping a couple years ago. I was created with the intent of boosting circulation. The bracelet is a most un-ordinary creation that bridges worlds - literally. The physical bracelet itself is only the visible part of the iceberg. It is a multidimensional creation, and intentionally so (I am in the keeping of several of these pieces).

One November day not far from Ennis, Ireland (2016) it just disappeared. It was there and then it wasn't.

I notice it is still in my field. I can feel it on my ankle. It's not physically there but it is there. Its purpose on the physical plane completed and now exists in my greater field. That's my observation.
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2017 at 1:30pm by Morrighan »  

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #9 - Aug 6th, 2017 at 8:19pm

Quote:
I notice it is still in my field. I can feel it on my ankle. It's not physically there but it is there. Its purpose on the physical plane completed and now exists in my greater field. That's my observation.

That's fascinating!  But I do feel it's too bad the bracelet went *poof*.  I get very attached to my jewelry even though it's not worth money.  When we love a particular piece of jewelry and wear it all the time it really does absorb our energy.  I guess any item can do that.  I love that show "Haunted Collector"  Shocked

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #10 - Aug 6th, 2017 at 11:15pm

What I considered as I posted (and read your reply) is here at Afterlife Knowledge it is a general agreement of, shall we say, more subtle worlds that we can access. By whatever name - afterlife territories, Focus Level [number], what have you - many are here in the pursuit of knowledge of these realms.

And among the observations I share here are the accessibility of what I term multidimensionality. As articulated in another thread somewhere here, we ourselves shift into our multidimensionality when we access multidimensional "beings" such as those who (we say) died. And of course "died" is codswallop. That's another thread for another day. My observed summary: we are able to access multidimensionality because we ourselves are multidimensional. I observe techniques including afterlife retrieval help us remember this.

What's new in my relation of my experience with my ankle bracelet is some have the knowledge and skill to construct a bridge to multidimensionality that appears to us as a piece of jewelry. In this case, an ankle bracelet.

Here is an image of one of my multidimensional bracelets tied into the tail of my instrument strap.

The small tube on top of the bracelet contains special ink circuitry. So that it is completely clear: the bracelet has absolutely NO special power, nor does it grant me any spacial powers.  The bracelet is a multidimensional bridge. What you see with your 3D eyes is only its 3D aspect. The bracelet goes by a name she gave to me; this is part of the stewardship of such a creation. One does not seek these out. They find you. It's a mutual agreement and they come and go as they see fit.
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2017 at 7:55am by Morrighan »  

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #11 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 6:00pm

Well that was strange. A memory Selfica that is always inside my field went missing and just turned up with no explanation. It looks like this:

The powder blue silk pouch I keep it in showed up on the floor minutes after I found the Selfica. It was the cat who showed the pouch to me.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #12 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 7:17pm

Hi Morrighan,

I'm glad you posted this response today because I previously had not seen your previous post from August 6, the photo of one of those bracelets.  Sorry.  I don't know how I missed that one but I'm happy to see it now.  Thanks for sharing it.

Fascinating about the Selfica just showing up.  Now please tell me what a Selfica is all about.  I've Googled it a bit since reading your post but I've love to hear you tell me. 

And just to be clear, when you say "that is always inside my field" what do you mean exactly?  Do you mean that you're always aware of its whereabouts? 

So the pouch and the Selfica both turned up but not exactly at the same time.  Wow.  I'm kinda guessing you have a way of tuning in perhaps and will be able to get the story of its travels??   Wink  If you can share, please do, I'd love to hear it.

On the topic of objects disappearing and reappearing, my son also had a case of this with his own guitar pick.  I don't think I've shared this story so I'll share it.  My son, David, doesn't play guitar but he got a guitar pick from somewhere, probably some convention he went to, and he loved it as a keepsake item.  He kept it inside his wallet and actually had it there for several months.  One evening he told me, "I'm pretty sad.  I lost my guitar pick tonight."  I had not even heard about the pick until now but after he told me about his guitar pick and that he had always carried it in his wallet, the first thing I said was, "Well why on earth would you carry it in your wallet?"  He had never worried about losing it, never even thought about it, but now he regretted having done that.

At the time, my son was a pizza delivery guy, so he was constantly having to take his wallet out and deal with money.  I was amazed that the guitar pick had stayed in his wallet for so long in the first place!  But he said it did, because he actually saw it in his wallet every time he pulled money out, and he consciously always checked to make sure it was in there. 

So anyway, he said that that evening while giving change to someone he saw that the pick was gone.  He looked on the ground but couldn't find it.  He was sure he had it at the previous house he delivered to and he was pretty upset that it was just gone now.  Since he looked all over the front porch and walkway of the house he was at and couldn’t find it, he really had no other way to find it since he had no way of knowing how it had disappeared.  He even thought maybe it had been handed to the guy he was handing change too.

As David was telling me this, I could tell how much he was attached to that pick and how bad he felt.  I did the only thing I knew to do that could help.  I said, “Well since you had given it so much of your energy and you want it back so much, then all you can do is call it back to you.  Just sit here and say out loud, with as much heartfelt conviction and intention you can feel, “I want my guitar pick back!” 

So he did.  And I told him that since it disappeared in a mysterious way then it can come back in a mysterious way.  I could tell in his heart he was hoping it would really work, but he was so sad not believing it would really work.   

It was later that night that the guitar pick showed up!  After we had this conversation I had walked out of his room, which meant I had to walk around his bed to get out the door.  His room is in the basement and I’m on the third floor, so later when he found it he called me on my phone and was so excited.  I went down the stairs and back into his room because I just had to actually SEE it.  And there it was in his hand.  I asked him where on earth he had found it, and he said, it was right there on the carpet by the bed.  Where he found it was right beside the bed in front of his doorway, and there’s no way I would have NOT see it when I walked out of his room.  The pick is gray and he has light carpet.  I know I didn’t just not see it and step over it.  The pick wasn’t there when I walked in and out of his room, I’m sure of it.  And another thing, because he always had it in his wallet and it went missing during his shift at work that night, how would it have ended up on his floor?  He knew it was in his wallet during his shift, and he knew it went missing during his shift.  So, this was definitely a mysterious case.

Anyway, as David’s mom and as a person who has had a lot of strange experiences, I was completely thrilled that my suggestion to David had worked.  And he was too. 

I really love when these strange things happen, especially with a happy ending.  Oh and yes, since that night he keeps the guitar pick on top of his desk.  He doesn’t want to risk losing it again.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Baroness

ALK Member

Reply #13 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 11:43am

Hi, Vicky,

Reading the stories here reminded me of one of my own.  The case of the missing checkbook.  I keep my checkbook in the bottom of my purse under my wallet along with a couple of pens.  I take it out every month when my son comes to do the paperwork of the monthly bills.  (I hate paperwork of any kind, Tongue), but I do write the checks.  Well anyways, on this particular month I reached into my purse and the checkbook was gone.  I searched every part of the purse, finally emptying it completely, and turning it inside out.   Then started the big search of all the logical places the checkbook might be and then the illogical.  It was nowhere.  I ended up pulling another book of checks from the box in the desk, so I could pay bills.  I really dislike having two books of checks in use at the same time.  It is too easy to mess up my account, so I was not happy about this turn of events.  I even demanded my checkbook back from 'the powers that be'...no luck.  In the meantime I put everything back into my purse and was grateful I had a clean and tidy purse again.  It must have been a couple of days later.  I again looked for my checkbook as I was getting ready to leave the house.  I remember again getting angry and telling the air "Bring my checkbook back."  I left my purse on the dining room table and went to my bathroom to shower and get dressed.  I was almost ready to leave a bit later when I looked into the top of my purse, and there sat my checkbook, on the very top of the purse, on top of everything else.  I said "Thank you" and placed the checks on the bottom of the purse under the wallet where it belonged.

I have always thought I live with sprites and they amuse themselves by taking something of mine and leaving me hunt for it.  One of the reasons for those thoughts is because they usually return it if I get angry...but not always.  I also see glimpses out of the corners of my eyes.  You know those things you look at directly, and they are no longer there. Huh  By the way, my son tells me the reason we can't see them, when we look directly at them, is because of the way the human eye sees their energy.  For us it is easier to see them with the image coming into the eye from the side.  He has me trying not to turn my head or eyes when I see them and view them with my peripheral vision.  He tells me I'll see a lot more.  So far I haven't mastered the control to not look at them directly. Cry

I thought I'd send along another point of view.

Sending hugs,
T'ressa

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #14 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 12:29pm

Hi,

Points well seen.

So as to avoid unnecessary thread drift, I'll momentarily shelve the concepts of "field" and "multidimensionality." I use these as technical terms and do not directly intersect with what we call afterlife knowledge. Yes, and no, but that's beside the point.

The definitive word on Selfica is available in the book: Spirals of Energy by Esperide Annanas. While she and I know each other well, I receive no benefit from any book purchases. Short of it, Esperide is the go-to-gal on Selfica.

I work extensively with the Selfica and the short answer is: what you see in a Selfica is like looking at the tip of an iceberg.

Selfica are created by and used (primarily) by members of the Federation of Damanhur, of which I am a member.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.