Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
For afterlife knowledge, ok to learn from others (Read 34846 times)
rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Re: For afterlife knowledge, ok to learn from others
Reply #60 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 6:22pm

M-

Thanks. I was confused before but now it's totally clear.

R

IP Logged

seagullresting

ALK Member

USA
Reply #61 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 7:49pm

I played a bass guitar in a band when I was supposed to be going to college. Totally worth it.

IP Logged

Morrighan

Multidimensional Navigator

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #62 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 9:36am

Informing the field:

Really nice, Seagullresting! Yes totally worth it. And I'm reminded of a joke: Knock Knock. Who's there? Bass player. Bass player who? Exactly! (rimshot https://youtu.be/gpaOy8b8X6A)

So as to continue ... I speak here within the narrow discipline of music, yet the metaphor for all aspects of "teacher" (including "spiritual" teacher) remain intact and unadulterated.

I'll begin with the Epistle Paul. Not the one in the Bible. This Paul is the epistle of practical music theory as expressed on the fretboard of a bass guitar. A fret is the metal wire on the "playing" side of the instrument's neck that is used to ensure precise intonation. The fretboard is the whole of the playing side of the neck including the frets, the wood in which the frets are mounted, and the inlays (if any).

According to the Gospel of Paul, there are 13 (practical) ways to finger the fretboard to play a major scale over two octaves. But I'm getting ahead of the story. Let's take a moment to look at who the Epistle Paul is, for I know him well.

Paul is a master of the instrument. He's also a working player. If the gig pays, he plays it. It doesn't matter if it's country and western played from inside a chicken wire cage (like in The Blues Brothers scene at Bob's Country Bunker - and that is Very Real!) or on a cruise ship or in a church. They gots moneys, Paul accepts moneys.

In my personal experience with Paul, I observe if it contains alcohol, he'll drink it, if it's pot he'll smoke it, and if need be he has no problem swearing. Oh and sex, of course, I've never seen Paul has a problem with that. HaHa. (No personal contact implied and none of your business anyway.)

In short, Paul is embodied as a human being, and enjoys the experience of a human being. Paul is also a spiritual being of great multidimensionality in the experience of a human being. He is, as I like to say, BOTH / AND.

Oh, and he's welcome in my home any time, and has been a guest in my home more often than I would care to number. He comes and goes of his own free will. Now about that fretboard.

I sit with my bass, just noodling around, perhaps I am figuring out a fingering for the F Troop theme or The Hearse Song (... the worms crawl in, the worms crawl out ...). Which is to say I'm just playing free form, I'm playing at playing.

And in my awareness of myself as a field being being a field ... this is not the first I speak of this ... I am also the observer as well as the do-er as well as the do-e. This is the metapoint, and there is yet another metapoint ....

The metapoint is the juncture of form and formlessness - where I bring form from formlessness that returns to formlessness.

And it is from here I am open to the Epistle Paul in the greater field that is my landscape, and here is what opens:

I now see through my own awareness and physical presence in the field of the fretboard - which is an open descriptor of all of music theory ....

.... if I begin an ascending major scale with my first finger (index finger) on the tonic (first scale degree) and then slide my first finger to the second degree, I can complete the scale sequence beginning on the second degree with only a single shift on the next (higher) string. If it sounds technical, it is technical but I explain it as clearly as possible within the technical language required within the greater field of music theory. And so do I also speak of my [non-physical] observations in technical terms appropriate to the field. There are reasons to speak technically about technical matters. It's technical  Wink

And something new opens up for me, it's an epiphany, a rosetta stone of the fretboard. For I always wondered how to complete a major scale beginning with my index finger on the second degree. This is intent. This is how we place intent. It doesn't matter if my intent is to see my fretboard in an entirely new way or if my intent is to make contact with an individual who left their embodiment. Intent is intent, and this is, I observe, how intent works. I wonder about something ....

And in my placement of intent, I "drop the reins on my horse's neck" (to borrow from Parsifal) and allow. I become my instrument of intent. We are field beings being a field. And now my musical landscape is enlarged considerably! In practical terms, it means my new mastery of the Dorian Mode from my first finger opens a new way to play Scarborough Fair. Kewl. (Except a bass player's role in a group is not typically melodic - though it sometimes can be without the Dreaded Bass Solo.)

Did Bass Epistle Paul "teach" me this? NO.

What occurred is I gave my self permission to play - to drop all my habits of preconception - and taught myself what Paul already learned and made accessible through his presence in my landscape. Paul did not teach me this. I've not seen Paul in person in decades. It's not necessary! Because I made the choice to open myself to play ....

Trust this is clear. I'm the one who teaches me, I have all I need to do so. I am the only one who, through my own embodiment in the experience of a human, who teaches me. For we are field beings being a field. We are creator beings.

First there is intent. Then there is stepping out of the way. Then there is the creation. Some see this as a naturally occurring Fibonacci Sequence, and that is a good analogy!

Trust you (general you) see why my home is always open to Bass Epistle Paul and I offer all the hospitality at my disposal. And he's welcome to cuss and smoke and what have you anytime in my landscape. For there is no teacher, there never was a teacher, we are in equity.
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2017 at 3:26pm by Morrighan »  

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
It goes in — it must come out. — Teslacles Deviant to Fudd's First Law
IP Logged

seagullresting

ALK Member

USA
Reply #63 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 7:00pm

I played with a pic(k). I could not read music, although I once could. See how that works? My partner wrote and taught me my part. I sang. As soon as they started liking me a lot, so that I was singing a lot of songs, he broke up the band.

So, there's that.

But, I tried it with others. It was never the same.

So there's that.

I would never worship a teacher. But, I will certainly remember one. How could you forget?

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #64 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 7:46pm

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
IP Logged

seagullresting

ALK Member

USA
Reply #65 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 7:58pm

Hey, I had fans. I had admirers. My poetry was the lyric. I had a person who said the way I played was interesting. I don't care if that was the only one or if there were others. The point is, I agree with your basic philosophy. It is important to eventually stand apart. But, remember your roots.

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #66 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 8:13pm

Would very much enjoy hearing you!

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #67 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 8:49am

In the trust this is utterly clear: it's not about me. This is about equity.

So that none misunderstands: the metaphor of the bass may be understood as a metaphor for embodiment and creation via embodiment. The bass guitar is silent without a player, who puts creation in motion via intent.

As relevant to Afterlife Knowledge: the process I describe of the shift to the metapoint of form and formlessness - BOTH / AND - is the same process in which we achieve equity with our "teacher".

What I observe is a tendency to invest belief in the teacher-student relationship that strips us of our equity. Let me cite an example that is not likely to trigger any emotional points:

Lao Tsu was one of my great teachers. Whether one believes he is a spiritual teacher is of no importance. I studied with Lao Tsu in extreme depth - studied and meditated and blah blah woof woof until I integrated his field into my greater landscape (technical description). The "enlightenment" is the realization of I AM.

And pertinent to afterlife knowledge, it is one who is in equity is the new explorer. Ever wonder what was beyond the beyond where Robert Monroe went? And this is part of what opens when we are in equity with our "teacher". Technical again: I observe an actual shift that occurs in our solar plexus when we bridge the choice point of equity with our "teacher". It's quite plain to see!

A belief system that is predicated on "the teacher" Bob Monroe can go beyond beyond (the portal that leads out of the afterlife territories) is a closed system. Once we reach equity then the choice point is reclaimed. (This is what is plain to see in the solar plexus!) Lao Tsu or Bass Epistle Paul or Bob Monroe, it's all the same. Equity does not in any way dishonor a teacher. It's the belief system agreement that there is a teacher than dishonors SELF. Thus my post upthread about belief systems and belief system self-preservation ....

It is in the process of the metaphor of the bass guitar that I draw the metapoint. It is a technical descriptor of the metapoint that is observed. There is no outside outside.

Have a day  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #68 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 1:31pm

Morrighan:

Hopefully you weren't trying to teach anybody with what you just said.

I can't say that I ever felt dishonored when I learned from another.

It is okay to form beliefs that are based on what we learned.

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #69 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 1:58pm

I report what I observe.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #70 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 2:18pm

If it isn't okay to form a belief that is based on what you observed, then why bother with observing anything?

Morrighan wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 1:58pm:
I report what I observe.

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #71 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 2:34pm

Observed: we are field beings being a field.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #72 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 3:00pm

Can you please clarify?

Morrighan wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 2:34pm:

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #73 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 7:37pm

Recoverer 2 wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 3:00pm:
Can you please clarify?

Actually, upon reflection a more accurate observation is: we are multidimensional beings being multidimensional fields.
« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2017 at 8:46pm by Morrighan »  

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #74 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 9:29pm

Thank you for the clarification.

Morrighan wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 7:37pm:
Recoverer 2 wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 3:00pm:
Can you please clarify?

Actually, upon reflection a more accurate observation is: we are multidimensional beings being multidimensional fields.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.