Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
For afterlife knowledge, ok to learn from others (Read 34849 times)
Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Re: For afterlife knowledge, ok to learn from others
Reply #15 - Jul 8th, 2017 at 3:23pm

Roger, I'm just letting you know that I read your post.

rondele wrote on Jul 8th, 2017 at 3:06pm:
Albert, you are quite perceptive. There's really no substance. It only appears that way.

R

IP Logged

Morrighan

Multidimensional Navigator

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #16 - Jul 8th, 2017 at 3:38pm

Truly here we have the substance of why I gave this thread wide berth. Tends to get personal and I've little patience thereof.

First up, and most importantly, is there are blue popsicles for any who so desire. Your life paths are your own and I do not / will not interfere.

Next is a reminder the mirror is polished.

And in this, a nudge: it may be time for human consciousness to move on. Some explorers here feel this. A new level of commitment is required in the interspheres. We are changing our attention. The mirror is polished.

Have we not come here to explore, to play, to discover? That I come here to report on my journey might be good news to some. To others, to those who wish to remain in the old ways, I can make no account.

For I know who I am and none will ever tell me who I must be for them. Many a time on this very board I state: go look for yourself. Who has done so or who will is none of my concern. If what I report doesn't exist in your books or your teachings then you are free to please yourself as you see fit.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
It goes in — it must come out. — Teslacles Deviant to Fudd's First Law
IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #17 - Jul 8th, 2017 at 4:24pm

Morrighan:

Regarding getting personal, I did not name you when I started this thread. Once you included yourself in the conversation, I didn't feel as if I had much choice but to state what I believe.

Regarding "old ways", yes, God is much older than any of us, so I include him when I think of my spirituality. I'm grateful to learn from him what he has to teach me, and for his grace.

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #18 - Jul 8th, 2017 at 5:11pm

Please not to take me for a fool, Albert.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #19 - Jul 8th, 2017 at 6:21pm

seagullresting wrote on Jul 8th, 2017 at 2:15pm:
I forgot to mention something that I thought was so classic, later. A couple of days before she passed, my little dog got into the room and got onto the hospital bed we had obtained, lying right up next to her on her right side. I found her there, beside my mom, just lying there quietly.

She (my dog) had not been allowed into the room recently, because my mom had not requested her in quite some time, having spent a couple of weeks withdrawing from any stimulus.

That was, of course, a sign. Don't think the signs will be impossible to see. They are right there. So, no need to panic, life proceeds on its trajectory despite our own opinions.

Well seen.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #20 - Jul 8th, 2017 at 6:43pm

Morrighan:

I'm not certain of what you mean by not taking you for a fool--I could've said what I thought on another thread, but I didn't want to change the subject of an existing thread, so I started this thread.

Perhaps somebody might be interested in a reading a perspective that basically contends that even evolved people and spirits can learn from others, without being inferior in some way. As far as I'm concerned, not being willing to learn from others is an ego trip. A person really paints his or herself into a corner with such an approach. Sometimes we need someone other than our self to show us a perspective we aren't likely to consider for ourselves.

Why do you write posts? Possibly because you expect people to learn from you. Yet, you believe that you are beyond learning from others. I've put a lot of time and effort into my spiritual growth, but there is no way I am going to act like I am beyond learning from others. If a person believes that he or she is beyond learning from others, I don't think I'll try to learn from that person. I don't want to paint myself into the same corner that person has painted his or her self into. You are just one small leaf on a very big tree, and that tree existed long before you existed.

Morrighan wrote on Jul 8th, 2017 at 5:11pm:
Please not to take me for a fool, Albert.

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #21 - Jul 8th, 2017 at 7:46pm

Last time I saw so much sophistry in such a small space, Albert, it collapsed in upon itself and became a black hole.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #22 - Jul 8th, 2017 at 9:17pm

Morrighan:

Let's just agree to disagree, okay?

Morrighan wrote on Jul 8th, 2017 at 7:46pm:
Last time I saw so much sophistry in such a small space, Albert, it collapsed in upon itself and became a black hole.

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Re: For afterlife knowledge, ok to learn from othersT
Reply #23 - Jul 8th, 2017 at 10:56pm

That you in such magnanimity, Albert, generously permit me to disagree to be told who I am and how I must behave? Truly, I am agog at such courtesy.

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #24 - Jul 9th, 2017 at 8:26am

And in this exchange may be observed what occurs when a belief system is presumed to trump all. The thesis in the original post - and repeated without major variation - makes no allowance for counterpoint. And in this can be perceived a retriever's difficulties with hollow heavens and other belief system territories.

IP Logged

seagullresting

ALK Member

USA
Reply #25 - Jul 9th, 2017 at 8:55am

I was hoping the topic could move in a different direction, and people could put more of their own direct experiences here. If it is okay to learn from others why don't we do so?

There are so many directions in which this or any topic could move if forum members could just let go of the need to prove how right they are.

My contribution here was along the lines of appreciating the spirit of "play" and also contributing my direct experience with a family member in hospice care. Anyone who studies the subject will realize that my experience supports many others all the way to this day. What I mean is, my later repeated dreams of my late mom followed these experiences in a sequence which has meaning and a reasonable process.

If it is okay to learn from others we can also learn unexpected things from unexpected sources.

If you want to let go of a belief system it only takes one door. I guess it is up to us to choose to walk out that door and into the unknown, wherever and whenever we do.

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #26 - Jul 9th, 2017 at 9:56am

What I put forth is more subtle, apparently.

I am who teaches me. Strictly on the lines of retrievals: one learns by doing. No sum of well-intentioned instructions / guidance substitutes for experience. There is no teacher with any sum of experience who can magically transfer experience and skill to me. Do or do not.

There comes a day in our live we leave school. If our teachers were good we left with the tools to go as far as we wish. More accurately: if the student is good ....

What's flawed, I find, is not the learning process but the student teacher relationship, and remaining in the teacher-student relationship. To me, the entire belief system that anyone outside us knows more than we do is odious. There is no outside outside. We are the ones we've been waiting for.

There was a professor in grad school who was an absolute terror. Our class was comprised of seven hand-picked students from the whole of the student body. Admission to the program was awful. Completing the program was pure hell.

About a week before the program's conclusion the professor took us all out to lunch on his dime. You are colleagues now, he says.

And so we reach equity with our professor. We ceased to be students that day. We were conferred with the responsibility to go forward and create. Not hang around school. Go out and do what we intend to do. To create.

We are done with our teachers when we take the mantle of equity. For me this means I hold equity with every teacher I ever had. The difference is I went out into the world and did. That does not mean I stopped learning. It means I stopped learning from them, or looking outside myself for enlightenment or who knows whut.  It can be a rude awakening when the student of spirituality discovers his teacher kicks his dog, yes?

No more teachers, no more books, no more teacher's dirty looks.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #27 - Jul 9th, 2017 at 10:36am

Morrighan:

Hopefully you aren't trying to teach anyone when you tell them "no more teachers."

Regarding "no outside" God isn't outside of us, and neither is anyone else we might be able to learn from. When waves of an ocean bump into each other, it is okay if they learn from each other. There is no reason to puff ourselves up, as if we are beyond learning from other waves and the source of all waves.

A truly independent person understands the value of learning from others.

Morrighan wrote on Jul 9th, 2017 at 9:56am:
What I put forth is more subtle, apparently.

I am who teaches me. Strictly on the lines of retrievals: one learns by doing. No sum of well-intentioned instructions / guidance substitutes for experience. There is no teacher with any sum of experience who can magically transfer experience and skill to me. Do or do not.

There comes a day in our live we leave school. If our teachers were good we left with the tools to go as far as we wish. More accurately: if the student is good ....

What's flawed, I find, is not the learning process but the student teacher relationship, and remaining in the teacher-student relationship. To me, the entire belief system that anyone outside us knows more than we do is odious. There is no outside outside. We are the ones we've been waiting for.

There was a professor in grad school who was an absolute terror. Our class was comprised of seven hand-picked students from the whole of the student body. Admission to the program was awful. Completing the program was pure hell.

About a week before the program's conclusion the professor took us all out to lunch on his dime. You are colleagues now, he says.

And so we reach equity with our professor. We ceased to be students that day. We were conferred with the responsibility to go forward and create. Not hang around school. Go out and do what we intend to do. To create.

We are done with our teachers when we take the mantle of equity. For me this means I hold equity with every teacher I ever had. The difference is I went out into the world and did. That does not mean I stopped learning. It means I stopped learning from them, or looking outside myself for enlightenment or who knows whut.  It can be a rude awakening when the student of spirituality discovers his teacher kicks his dog, yes?

No more teachers, no more books, no more teacher's dirty looks.

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #28 - Jul 9th, 2017 at 10:42am

The mirror is polished, Albert.

("Teacher" is not on my CV.)

gnimormous clue -->

Morrighan wrote on Jul 8th, 2017 at 3:38pm:
it may be time for human consciousness to move on.

<-- gnimorous clue

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #29 - Jul 9th, 2017 at 12:01pm

Morrighan:

Why do you communicate in a way that is quite different than how people usually communicate? Do you expect people to learn your way of communication?  An unusual way of communicating isn't a sign of wisdom.

Morrighan wrote on Jul 9th, 2017 at 10:42am:
The mirror is polished, Albert.

("Teacher" is not on my CV.)

gnimormous clue -->

Morrighan wrote on Jul 8th, 2017 at 3:38pm:
it may be time for human consciousness to move on.

<-- gnimorous clue

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.