Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print
For afterlife knowledge, ok to learn from others (Read 34840 times)
Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
For afterlife knowledge, ok to learn from others
Jun 14th, 2017 at 8:40pm

As some of you might have figured, I have made attempts to learn about the afterlife through my own experiences.

Yet, I'm not afraid to learn from others. I consider what near death experiencers, Out of body explorers, and spirit message receivers have to say.

Consider the Disk viewpoint. I believe that this viewpoint is true not only because of what my experiences, spirit messages received, intuition and intelligence tell me, but also because of what sources I consider credible have to say.

I have read 4 NDE accounts that seem credible, and each of them state something that relates to the Disk way of viewing our greater selves (different terminology is used).

Bruce Moen and Robert Monroe are examples of non-physical explorers that have made contact with their Disk in a way that seems credible to me.

Sometimes verifications can come in interesting ways. For example, Bruce's Joshua experience. In his first book "Voyages into the Unknown" he wrote that he was reading a magazine and saw the name "Joshua" where the name "Marsha" was actually located. Later on he found that Joshua was a fellow Disk member that needed to be retrieved.

If it seems strange that Bruce could see "Joshua" instead of "Marsha," our higher self/oversoul/Disk/I-there is able to interact with our body-based selves in such a way. Such level of being can also play a role in our dream life and non-physical experiences such as OBEs.

Some people might be opposed to finding out about higher levels of their being, because they might be concerned about their privacy. Because of numerous experiences I have had and what makes sense to me and feels accurate, I don't have a problem with my Disk and even higher levels of being having an awareness of my life including some of my embarrassing moments, because I know that these levels of awareness aren't judgmental and they aren't separate from me.

If a person wants to make contact with higher levels of his being as much as possible, then he needs to become willing to become aware of higher parts of himself.

I don't view myself as some isolated warrior type who is beyond learning from anyone else. I have learned from some of the things people have written on this forum. I believe that the more we find out that we are all one, the more we understand about how much we can rely on and learn from each other.

There are parts of our greater selves that have acquired knowledge that is based on what is true, and it is okay to become aware of such knowledge.

If someone claims that he is beyond learning from others, I wonder if he lacks an understanding of how connected everything is, and that our minds are an essential part of the learning process.

IP Logged

Morrighan

Multidimensional Navigator

Isle of Everywhere
Re: For afterlife knowledge, ok to learn from others
Reply #1 - Jul 7th, 2017 at 4:21pm

As the original post is clearly directed at me (or at least in my general direction), none responds to date until now. Oft there is wisdom in silence. There is also wisdom in the knowledge of how and when to respond properly.

These observations I share here are the direct result of my own experience and are meant to be understood literally and metaphorically.

It's another time path, one that is present and forever and now. For my sister and her friends are playing jazz on Friday night in the family living room. Playing jazz, the real thing, piano and drums and upright bass and saxophone and probably a trumpet. High school music class instruments. And it is my resolve to play as well.

This is all that is required. Nothing more.

And despite many teachers - many of whom are regarded even today as masters - it is I who is the master of myself. I am my own best teacher. I am my only teacher. It is I and no one else.

For all I need do is play.

Those who have gone before me are not me. Those who may come after me are not me. I don't give a broken popsicle stick splinter about them, what they do, the lives they lead or the work they've done.

What they teach me is how to teach myself. And it is done. The teacher-student relationship: UNPLUG.

As I sit down to play, I am both and none. I am the metapoint of the two and gone beyond beyond and UNPLUGGED.

I observe I shift from this metapoint to the observer of the observer and let the music play me.

Teacher? Nyet. That's the old way and the old has no meaning where I reside. I play or I talk, and I choose to play. What I create is mine and mine to share. I take full responsibility for my creations. Teacher? That time is no more. UNPLUGGED.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
It goes in — it must come out. — Teslacles Deviant to Fudd's First Law
IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #2 - Jul 7th, 2017 at 9:59pm

Morrighan:

You were an inspiration for my starting this thread, but I didn't write it with the expectation that you would be interested in it.

Before you started taking part on this forum with name of Morrighan, I was aware of people who seem to believe that they are beyond receiving help from anybody. It wasn't until I read some of the comments you have made, that I decided to speak about this.

We can never unplug from the Oneness, therefore, we can never take full responsibility for anything we do. We can stick our tongues at the rest of the Oneness, and say we don't need it, but eventually we'll need to drop that game.

Even if time is simultaneous, that doesn't mean that soul evolution doesn't have a linear progression. Therefore, until we are "actually" at the end of our soul evolution, there are beings that are more evolved and wiser than us, and there is nothing wrong whatsoever with learning from them.

Even after I reach the point in my spiritual evolution where I am at one with God and all beings that are with him, I'll still be humble about the fact that God's greater being existed before my uniqueness was created, and therefore, I am not the Alpha and the Omega.

I am weary of anybody who speaks as if they are beyond having a humble and grateful attitude towards anyone. You are not the creator of this universe.

IP Logged

seagullresting

ALK Member

USA
Reply #3 - Jul 7th, 2017 at 10:54pm

Morrighan,

Regarding the popsicle stick splinter. Is there more to it?

For whatever reason, my mind wants to make up a story about the popsicle.

Not that it is your problem. Totally my problem. But, just wondered why that particular image.

I like the concept of play. To just take some random thing, and make light of it.

IP Logged

seagullresting

ALK Member

USA
Reply #4 - Jul 7th, 2017 at 11:14pm

Well, another thing. What color is the popsicle? If I just knew that, I might be able to imagine the flavor. These are the things that are important for me.

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #5 - Jul 8th, 2017 at 6:59am

I found the popsicle stick splinter by the swing set Bruce uses in his guidebook. I think the popsicle was blue, for blue popsicles are the most mysterious.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
IP Logged

seagullresting

ALK Member

USA
Reply #6 - Jul 8th, 2017 at 7:39am

Ah, yes, blue is the most mysterious. But somehow satisfying. Little things can bring a lot of pleasure in life...hurrah for that. Smiley

When my mom was in hospice care at home a few years back I was interested to find out what gave her comfort. She took the most exquisite pleasure each morning for a while in just a small amount of hot green tea. She craved it, asked for it, though she did not, in her previous life as it was, have this particular kind of craving. Each day, it was something she could enjoy upon waking, and then she would drift back to sleep.

One day she woke up wanting coffee. I brought it to her, and she complained that "they" took too long to bring it. 15 minutes (!) she said....

At one point she thought someone was asking her for a cigarette, and pointed to a nonexistent object in the room, saying, I think there are more cigarettes in the case.

One day she was sure she was supposed to go to a hair appointment.

What I find interesting about all of this is that it was those simple pleasures in life that seemed to linger with her as she departed this world. I can see these moments now as the fond memories that they are. And that is surprising.

Surprising, kind of like a blue popsicle.

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #7 - Jul 8th, 2017 at 7:46am

@Recoverer 2: Interest you in a blue popsicle?

IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Reply #8 - Jul 8th, 2017 at 10:46am

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly.

Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual."

Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #9 - Jul 8th, 2017 at 11:36am

I find all that is necessary is doing what is mine to do.

"I am Queen of the domain of MySelf.
I am able to respond in all situations from the knowledge of who I am....
All that which is outside me remains outside me.
That which I choose to let in I own and acknowledge."

I like blue popsicles. The dog ate my memory. The observer is your being observing the state of your embodied nature.

"Yes indeed, here we are! At St. Alfonzo's Pancake Breakfast where I stole the margarine" https://youtu.be/yzfzsKENCbU

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #10 - Jul 8th, 2017 at 12:26pm

If it is okay for Victor Frankl to talk, I suppose it is okay for other people to talk. I doubt that Jesus is opposed to meditation.

To me spiritual growth is mainly about getting closer to God (I don't mean "an old man in the sky").  If we have the attitude that there is no one we can feel love, humility, gratitude and loyalty towards, not even our Creator, our spiritual growth might get limited for a while, no matter how good we believe we are at having no concepts and being self reliant. A wave in an ocean can ignore the ocean it came from for only so long.

I have found that spiritual growth is more about being open to God's presence, than about being able to see targets. I'd rather experience divine love, peace and wisdom, than view a target.

rondele wrote on Jul 8th, 2017 at 10:46am:
"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly.

Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual."

Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #11 - Jul 8th, 2017 at 12:56pm

Recoverer 2 wrote on Jul 8th, 2017 at 12:26pm:
I have found that spiritual growth is more about being open to God's presence, than about being able to see targets. I'd rather experience divine love, peace and wisdom, than view a target.

Is a forum for afterlife knowledge an optimal space for these intended experiences? Much of what is discussed here concerns contact with individuals who are no longer embodied, and techniques to do so.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #12 - Jul 8th, 2017 at 1:49pm

I believe that opening one's heart to divine levels of being is primary, techniques are secondary.

I do not believe that God is a dictator like being who demands worship, but I do believe he is the source of everything, and has figured out a way so Souls can reach the most wonderful way of existence possible, if they choose it.  Just as I feel gratitude towards my biological parents for making my existence in this world possible and being good parents, I feel gratitude towards God for making my existence as a Soul possible,  and for providing me with the possibility of a wonderful way of existence.

Morrighan, sometimes you make statements about how you are beyond needing a teacher, and about how you have found out about techniques and other things that are beyond what others have found. So in some ways, you present yourself as if you are some sort of master. Yet, you don't seem to understand something as basic as having humble feelings towards a being such as God, that makes your existence possible. Therefore, I am concerned that some people might be misled by you. So I started this thread to express a way of viewing things that differs from the approach you sometimes represent.

This subject reminds me of how some Eastern gurus present themselves. They state that everything is just pure awareness, manifested existence is just an illusion, they know themselves as pure awareness, so they are supposedly beyond everything, even God, who according to their way of thinking is a part of Maya, the illusion of manifested existence.

The fact of the matter is that if God hadn't created their souls in the first place, it would not be possible for them to make the claim that they are beyond everything, including God. Their way of thinking shows how confused people can become if they don't consider the entire picture in an accurate way. When they dismiss all of manifested existence as nothing but illusion, without their acknowledging it they also dismiss their own uniqueness, yet they seek to receive admiration from their followers as if they are a specific individual. This is the sort of thing that takes place when a person is more interested in standing out as some sort of (supposed) spiritual superstar, than they are in serving that from which they come.

Perhaps God has purposely set things up so we have the freewill to choose him. We will be able to exercise our free will in a way that is truly beneficial, when we have the wisdom to do so. Such wisdom includes understanding that God is a wonderful friend who has made our existence possible, and our souls will be truly fulfilled only after we rejoin him.  When we play the game of being a Soul that supposedly doesn't need the help of others, not even God, we don't ourselves a favor, or the people we influence to move down the same path.

Morrighan wrote on Jul 8th, 2017 at 12:56pm:
Recoverer 2 wrote on Jul 8th, 2017 at 12:26pm:

Is a forum for afterlife knowledge an optimal space for these intended experiences? Much of what is discussed here concerns contact with individuals who are no longer embodied, and techniques to do so.

IP Logged

seagullresting

ALK Member

USA
Reply #13 - Jul 8th, 2017 at 2:15pm

I forgot to mention something that I thought was so classic, later. A couple of days before she passed, my little dog got into the room and got onto the hospital bed we had obtained, lying right up next to her on her right side. I found her there, beside my mom, just lying there quietly.

She (my dog) had not been allowed into the room recently, because my mom had not requested her in quite some time, having spent a couple of weeks withdrawing from any stimulus.

That was, of course, a sign. Don't think the signs will be impossible to see. They are right there. So, no need to panic, life proceeds on its trajectory despite our own opinions.

IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Reply #14 - Jul 8th, 2017 at 3:06pm

Albert, you are quite perceptive. There's really no substance. It only appears that way.

R

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.