Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Channeling: The Problem of Verification Claims (Read 35554 times)
I Am Dude

Re: Channeling: The Problem of Verification Claims
Reply #45 - Jun 3rd, 2017 at 11:17pm

In short, if you disagree with Bruce and R2's views, you are not welcome on this forum. I think a moderator needs to take some action here. This is just out of hand.

Recoverer 2 wrote on Jun 3rd, 2017 at 11:04pm:
Doc:

Is the below your way of saying that you don't care about what is important to other people? Bruce, Vicky and I took the time to state how we feel, and you suggest that we delete what we have written.

I believe that Bruce and Robert Monroe have made an important contribution to this world. Bruce played a big part in my getting involved retrievals. Since getting involved I have done thousands of retrievals. I figure that Bruce has played an important role helping other people get involved with the retrieval process. There are other things that Bruce has written that I have found valuable.

Therefore, I believe it is important that people don't try to  use Bruce's site to move people away from what he taught, and replace it with what they teach.

Bruce has provided ways for people to make contact with the spirit world. Don writes that people shouldn't get involved with the spirit world because one is likely to make contact with a demon, Roger says he learned from Don, and now he believes the same thing.

It is sad that only Vicky, Justin and I have spoken up for Don. I believe he is worthy of more appreciation.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #46 - Jun 3rd, 2017 at 11:39pm

Dude:

If I walked into your church, told all its members they are being deceived by demons, and then tried to get them to believe what I believe, what would happen to me? I would rightly be thrown out.

Since you believe Bruce was deceived by demons, why don't you find a forum where you appreciate the owner of the forum.

You really need to learn what respect is actually about.

I Am Dude wrote on Jun 3rd, 2017 at 11:17pm:
In short, if you disagree with Bruce and R2's views, you are not welcome on this forum. I think a moderator needs to take some action here. This is just out of hand.

Recoverer 2 wrote on Jun 3rd, 2017 at 11:04pm:
Doc:

Is the below your way of saying that you don't care about what is important to other people? Bruce, Vicky and I took the time to state how we feel, and you suggest that we delete what we have written.

I believe that Bruce and Robert Monroe have made an important contribution to this world. Bruce played a big part in my getting involved retrievals. Since getting involved I have done thousands of retrievals. I figure that Bruce has played an important role helping other people get involved with the retrieval process. There are other things that Bruce has written that I have found valuable.

Therefore, I believe it is important that people don't try to  use Bruce's site to move people away from what he taught, and replace it with what they teach.

Bruce has provided ways for people to make contact with the spirit world. Don writes that people shouldn't get involved with the spirit world because one is likely to make contact with a demon, Roger says he learned from Don, and now he believes the same thing.

It is sad that only Vicky, Justin and I have spoken up for Don. I believe he is worthy of more appreciation.

IP Logged

Uno

ALK Member

Reply #47 - Jun 4th, 2017 at 12:32am

A real life example is posting on Afterlife Knowledge forum telling all the members they are being deceived by aliens, and then try to make them to believe, and what would happen next? Discussion.

Reducing an idea/topic that says "The New Age is a Satanic deception" into "since you believe the owner of the forum was deceived by demons" is is a deliberate act of using somebody (and not just anybody) as a weapon to attempt to silence those and that which one does not like. This is not respectful by any standards.

If you claim there is no truth and in the same breath claim that is the truth, you are a leftist.

IP Logged

TheDonald

ALK Member

Reply #48 - Jun 4th, 2017 at 12:59am

Vince, I used to consider you the posterboy of the dogmatic astral projector.  I am absolutely inspired by your openness to the Truth and your willingness to reassess all you prior convictions.  Such intellectual honesty is in my observation a rare commodity among New Agers.  So I have a deeply invested interest that your altered quest have a most fulfilling conclusion.  So find a church or worship community that you like!

Matthew, it is obvious to me that the entrenched New Agers here find it hard to come to terms with the fact that I am an unconventional Christian and you are (shudder!) a Jewish Monist!  Yet you are one of my favorite posters on all the sites I have explored because you are obviously willing to think outside the box and follow wherever your spiritual quest leads you. 

Roger, I have fond memories of my visit to your summer cottage and have always valued your honest questions. I doubt I'll ever return to the Buffalo area-- unless Carissa asks me to come back to perform her wedding ceremony, as I did for her older brother a few years ago! Maybe we'll have that coveted glass of Scotch in Paradise (er, um, in Focus 27)! 

And Kathy!   I was terrified that you would hate all my praise choruses, hymns, and quartets.  I'm glad you like some of them.  I wish you would share more of your paranormal experiences here--'cause the one you shared and apologized for as a repeated post was new to me!   If we never get to meet for a Scotch (er, cup of Joe) in this life, I dearly hope we can do so in the next!

IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Reply #49 - Jun 4th, 2017 at 8:45am

Albert, when I said I've learned from Don, I meant about Christianity. But you, in your inimitable way, twisted it to say I learned about demons.

You don't grasp the irony of your accusations! You and Justin for years posted about evil reptilian aliens, but you roundly criticize Dude and me and others for warning about malevolent spirits in the afterlife!!

This gave me a much needed laugh!  Thank you for that. If medical science invents an irony pill, I'll personally buy you a year's supply. Because if it weren't for double standards you'd have none at all.

You are priceless. You no longer annoy me. You're a source of much amusement. Remember the little alien guy who RAM encountered? The little fellow who was looking for jokes to take back to his planet?

I think we've found a perfect source for him! Good job.

R

IP Logged

Morrighan

Multidimensional Navigator

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #50 - Jun 4th, 2017 at 9:48am

To all:

Please to consider how this internecine squabbling affects those who come here in sincere desire to learn more about afterlife knowledge.

I myself as a "new face" here (incorrect as that is) was accused of all manner of things and cross-examined as if guilty of some infraction of rules of a private club.

Is this how you (general you) wish to present yourselves to the world?

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
It goes in — it must come out. — Teslacles Deviant to Fudd's First Law
IP Logged

KarmicBalancer
Ex Member

Michael and Fire Rising
Reply #51 - Jun 4th, 2017 at 9:49am

I (Justin) am temporarily back.  Most of you will be addressed, but in the Off Topic section on the below thread.

http://afterlife-knowledge.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1496583723/0#0

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #52 - Jun 4th, 2017 at 10:00am

Recoverer 2 wrote on Jun 3rd, 2017 at 11:39pm:
Dude:

If I walked into your church, told all its members they are being deceived by demons, and then tried to get them to believe what I believe, what would happen to me? I would rightly be thrown out.

Since you believe Bruce was deceived by demons, why don't you find a forum where you appreciate the owner of the forum.

It sounds more like you need to learn the difference between a church and a public forum. This is not a church. This is a place to discuss a topics related to a particular concept (the afterlife) and is not limited to just one point of view. Your analogy is deceptive and false.

I have never made any personal remarks about Bruce. You are simply trying to cause trouble with your false inferences. I do not believe what you have said. But I am used to you making false claims about me by now. What I don't understand is why moderators at this forum allow this to continually take place. It is offensive and should not be allowed. 

It is clear to virtually all members here that you are the one lacking respect. The outcry against your behavior on this thread should serve as a hint that perhaps you are the one that does not belong in this forum. Perhaps take a lesson from Justin (although I expect his quick return) and find a more fruitful means of channeling your energies. Perhaps find a place where everyone is forced to conform to your particular belief system and varying ideas are not allowed to be discussed. This is what you seem to want. Perhaps start your own forum?

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #53 - Jun 4th, 2017 at 10:10am

A Church is located where? On a public street. That doesn't make the Church a public place. It belongs to the people who put in the effort and expense that was required to support the Church. Therefore, a person couldn't just walk into the Church claim that he is an equal owner of the Church.

An Internet site is located where? On the Public Internet. That doesn't make the internet side a public place. It belongs to  the person who put in the effort and expense to create the site. Therefore, a person couldn't just join the forum and claim that he is an equal owner of the site.

I Am Dude wrote on Jun 4th, 2017 at 10:00am:
Recoverer 2 wrote on Jun 3rd, 2017 at 11:39pm:
Dude:

It sounds more like you need to learn the difference between a church and a public forum. This is not a church. This is a place to discuss a topics related to a particular concept (the afterlife) and is not limited to just one point of view. Your analogy is deceptive and false.

I have never made any personal remarks about Bruce. You are simply trying to cause trouble with your false inferences. I do not believe what you have said. But I am used to you making false claims about me by now. What I don't understand is why moderators at this forum allow this to continually take place. It is offensive and should not be allowed. 

It is clear to virtually all members here that you are the one lacking respect. The outcry against your behavior on this thread should serve as a hint that perhaps you are the one that does not belong in this forum. Perhaps take a lesson from Justin (although I expect his quick return) and find a more fruitful means of channeling your energies. Perhaps find a place where everyone is forced to conform to your particular belief system and varying ideas are not allowed to be discussed. This is what you seem to want. Perhaps start your own forum?

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #54 - Jun 4th, 2017 at 10:15am

Quote:
And Kathy!   I was terrified that you would hate all my praise choruses, hymns, and quartets.  I'm glad you like some of them.  I wish you would share more of your paranormal experiences here--'cause the one you shared and apologized for as a repeated post was new to me!   If we never get to meet for a Scotch (er, cup of Joe) in this life, I dearly hope we can do so in the next!

Don, you are teasing me.  You knew I would love them.  I'm sure meeting you for a Scotch would be a pleasure and our conversations delightful!

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Reply #55 - Jun 4th, 2017 at 10:19am

Dear KarmicBalancer-

Darn it I lost my bet. I wagered with one of the members as to how long it would take before you came slithering back with yet another name to add to the collection.

I actually thought it would have been before now. I knew it was inevitable and sure enough here you are.

You two really missed your calling. SNL should give you guys  an audition.

R

IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Reply #56 - Jun 4th, 2017 at 10:31am

Don, you're one of the good guys and I feel fortunate to have personally met you. I hope you're not leaving the forum.

I have plenty of scotch on hand (JW Blue!) but Karen and I will opt for a dry Bombay Sapphire martini. I'm raising an imaginary birdbath glass in your honor.

R

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #57 - Jun 4th, 2017 at 10:36am

Roger:

You and 1796 have a mean streak that I haven't seen in either Don or Dude.

You have been lurking at Bruce's forum for years.

Do you believe it is okay for Dude to say that Bruce met up with demons when he interacted with what he referred to as his Disk? Does it seem strange to you that Dude speaks of respect, and then he says such a thing? What does Don think of the Disk viewpoint? Are his beliefs about this similar to Dude's (Don just recently praised Dude)? If so, does it seem strange to you that Don lurks at this forum for years, when he doesn't appreciate Bruce?

Seriously, if you guys don't appreciate Bruce, you should show a little human decency and start your own forum.

rondele wrote on Jun 4th, 2017 at 10:19am:
Dear KarmicBalancer-

Darn it I lost my bet. I wagered with one of the members as to how long it would take before you came slithering back with yet another name to add to the collection.

I actually thought it would have been before now. I knew it was inevitable and sure enough here you are.

You two really missed your calling. SNL should give you guys  an audition.

R

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #58 - Jun 4th, 2017 at 10:45am

This Topic was moved here from Afterlife Knowledge by Vicky.

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #59 - Jun 4th, 2017 at 11:00am

To all, 

I have received many complaints about this, so for now it's been moved off- topic. 

Yes I'm aware of and hear your complaints.   I was not home yesterday, so I wasn't here for all this discussion.  I haven't been neglecting it.

Bruce is still in charge of banning, and I'm still in training and learning to follow what he wants/ doesn't want for his board.  So please all have patience.   You all want quick action and resolution and I'm asking you to be patient.  Several issues are contributing factors to this on-going problem here.  We will come up with a solution that, hopefully, will fix this problem once and for all.

In the meantime, I politely request that you engage in other threads and topics, or at least not spread these issues to other threads.

Thank you

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.