Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
St. Paul's Jesus Vs. the Disco-Jesus (Read 4250 times)
TheDonald

ALK Member

St. Paul's Jesus Vs. the Disco-Jesus
May 17th, 2017 at 4:08pm

Does Jesus have His own soul Disk?  Can the New Age doctrine of soul Disks be considered supplementary revelation of a revised portrait of Jesus? Consider what Paul might say about this question:

"But I will go on to [discuss] visions and revelations of the Lord (2 Corinthians 12:1)."  He is addressing the claims of astral explorers like modern New Agers and he notes that he too once experiences in OBE in which he received divine revelation not to be repeated (12:2-6), but adds that such astral experiences are not badge of spirituality and therefore no grounds for boasting.  He warns of the danger of false revelation that seems uplifting and luminous:

"Even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light (11:16)."

Paul reinforces this warning about deceptive spirit guides in Galatians 1:6-16:

"6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!

[Note that Paul repeats this warning to stress how crucial it is to what matters most.  He follows this up with a recognition that his claim is not politically correct, but stresses that his calling in His blinding light encounter with Christ gives him an authority that supercedes other people's notions of PUL.]

10 Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.
11 I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel I preached is not of human origin. 12 I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.
13 For you have heard of my previous way of life in Judaism, how intensely I persecuted the church of God and tried to destroy it. 14 I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my own age among my people and was extremely zealous for the traditions of my fathers. 15 But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by his grace, was pleased 16 to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, my immediate response was not to consult any human being."

Of course, New Agers can reject Paul to defend the validity of their thought Ghetto.  But as for me, I consider Paul  to be the most spiritually effective man who ever lived--of course, apart from Jesus.  He seems to have written his spiritually rich epistles at one sitting with no revisions; and yet, these epistles and his ministry in general did more to make Christianity a world religion than the combined impact of the other 12 apostles. 
« Last Edit: May 17th, 2017 at 6:33pm by TheDonald »  

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Re: St. Paul's Jesus Vs. the Disco-Jesus
Reply #1 - May 17th, 2017 at 5:08pm

Jesus also said that you shall know them by their fruits, so if people find out about Disks and such from beings that have very positive fruits, perhaps something other than a false angel of light is involved. A person doesn't learn how to discern false spirits by hiding from them and closing themselves off from the world of spirit as much as possible.

Are you suggesting that when Bruce had experiences with his Disk, he was being deceived by demons?

If so, are you saying that you know what Bruce experienced better than he does even though you didn't have those experiences, because of your interpretation of some Biblical versus?

I have to say that there is no way I would give more credence to what your Biblical interpretations say than what my own experiences and positive life changes have shown me.

When you chose the term "Disco Jesus," I doubt that your heart was filled with love and respect for the people who speak of the Disk viewpoint.

Show me that you know something about having something as basic as respect for others, and I'll consider what you have to say.

IP Logged

TheDonald

ALK Member

Reply #2 - May 17th, 2017 at 7:41pm

Albert and Justin, I remind you again that it was you who turned a respectful discussion of experiences and issues into ad hominem attacks, not me; and it was you who first played the Ghetto card after my return, not me.

"Albert: "Jesus also said that you shall know them by their fruits, so if people find out about Disks and such from beings that have very positive fruits, perhaps something other than a false angel of light is involved."

Thanks for setting up my crucial point which you have overlooked: The "false angel of light" (guide) is deceptive precisely because it displays seemingly loving and helpful fruits:

"On that day many will say to me: "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many deeds of power in your name?"  Then I will declare to them: "I never knew you.  Depart from me, you evildoers (Matthew 7:22-23)."

Now take a deep breath, step outside your Ghetto for a moment, and watch this Johanna Michaelson interview:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Johanna+Michaelsen+2016&&view=detail&mid=54...

Johanna had impressive mediumistic gifts and experiences and worshiped a New Age-styled Jesus.  In her riveting book, "The Beautiful Side of Evil" she recounts her journey through New Age deception to an eventual discovery of the real Jesus.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #3 - May 17th, 2017 at 8:35pm

Don:

I don't see how I started the Ghetto talk. Perhaps you mean when Dude said something about the Ghetto to you fairly recently. Since he brought it up, I spoke against it. You are the creator of the term.

Ad hominem attacks? Going by what I remembered, you started a post that included a discussion as to whether reincarnation exists, other people suggested differently, and it seems as if you consider a rebuttal an Ad hominem attack. I don't think so.

Just because somebody like Johanna gets fooled, this doesn't mean that all people get fooled. If you knew what my spiritual life is like, and could view it in a clear minded way, you would see that not everybody gets fooled.

You didn't answer the part of Bruce Moen. This seems relevant, since his Disk experiences are one of the main things his books speak of. His experiences don't become demonically inspired, no matter how many Johanna's there are.

When I read Matthew 7:13-23 I don't get the same impression as you. 18 says "A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.:

If you spoke to Bruce he would probably say the above applies in a positive way to his Disk experiences. The same has been true with my experiences with the love-based beings I communicate with. Nothing but good fruit, and no bad fruit.

IP Logged

TheDonald

ALK Member

Reply #4 - May 17th, 2017 at 9:03pm

Albert: "When I read Matthew 7:13-23 I don't get the same impression as you. 18 says "A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.."" 

Your bias prevents you from accurately reading this text.  These believers are capable of authentic prophesy, merciful exorcisms, and authentic miracles--in other words, good fruits.  And "the angel of light" is deceptive precisely because of that love and good will it seems to emanate.

And no, you won't bait me into criticizing a dying Bruce on his own website.  In fact, when you introduced the Ghetto word, I decided then and there that I need to reply to the  questions of the honest seekers here and then again abandon the site because of the unwanted toxic tone that you and Justin injected with your ad hominems. 

I infer from your superficial comment about Johanna that you didn't bother to watch the video in which she comments on the bliss and loving vibes of her occult experiences. 

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #5 - May 17th, 2017 at 10:43pm

Don:

You won't be baited, but you have no problem with saying that information from Disks and such comes from Demons.  So one way or another you speak of what Bruce has shared in manner that doesn't represent wisdom.

You know that I believe in the existence of unfriendly beings. I used to be afraid of getting possessed by them. Love-based beings helped me find out that I don't have to worry about this, as long as I choose a positive way of being. I've had numerous experiences that have made this point.

Being in touch with positive guidance isn't simply a matter of whether you receive bliss from such beings, it is also a matter of the kind of information you receive from them and what the overall result is. If you conclude that there are bad results for me simply because I speak of things such as Disks, that just shows that you are judging according to your limited way of viewing things, rather than what you know.

Every single time I meditate I pray to God and Christ and ask for their help. There have been occasions when Jesus has identified himself to me. I believe that God and Jesus can see into the purity of my intent. So if you choose to believe that God and Christ have never responded to my prayers, only demons, simply because I don't speak in a way that is in accord with your way of thinking,  well then, that is sad.

For myself, I had enough faith in God and Christ to believe that they would respond to me. I had enough faith in God and Christ to open up to perceiving the world of spirit, even though I was afraid of demons and possession.

Regarding this Ad hominen business, that reminds me of a  fake news like strategy. You try to de-legitimize people by applying a category to them.
« Last Edit: May 18th, 2017 at 12:03am by Recoverer 2 »  

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #6 - May 18th, 2017 at 12:16am

I would like to add that it would be sad if a person read one of Bruce's books, searched for his site, found that some people spoke of his Disk viewpoint as if it is demonic, and nobody responded in Bruce's favor.

IP Logged

TheDonald

ALK Member

Reply #7 - May 18th, 2017 at 1:28am

So I was right: you dismissed the importance of the Johanna Michaelson video without bothering to even watch it.  How open-minded!

Albert: "you have no problem with saying that information f
rom Disks and such comes from Demons."

Where did I say that?

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #8 - May 18th, 2017 at 12:02pm

Don:

I am staying at my Mom's house now because she is sick. The room where my computer is located is right next to her living room where she watches TV. I played the Johanna video a bit, but had to do so with a low volume, and because of the subject, felt it was best to stop watching. I'm aware of stories where mediums, channelers and such were fooled by dark spirits. You've seen what I said about channeling in the past.

But I don't believe that every source that might be called new age source is demon inspired. For example, I believe NDEs are great source of inspiration, a way to get the word out. I don't know Bruce personally, but the sense I get from him while watching his videos, reading his books or his posts is that he is a good man, and that he wasn't misled by demons.

You haven't spoke about Bruce directly, but you did say things, when you connect the dots, that seem to suggest that the Disk viewpoint has a negative origin. If you don't believe this, and believe that Bruce received this information from beings of love and light such as Robert Monroe, then I apologize. I figure Robert probably rejoined his Disk quite quickly after he died.

This reminds me of the W.C. Fields thing. When you read what Robert Monroe said about meeting an alien being who was trying to find out about humor and appeared as W.C. Fields, you questioned this. Because I have communicated with non-physical beings probably a few thousand times (I don't know the precise count), it doesn't surprise me at all that an alien being might appear as W.C. Fields. It was both a symbolic and humorous thing to do. I've found that non-physical beings make use of humor and symbols quite often.

Sometimes unfriendly beings do try to communicate to me. Sometimes they attack me in some way. So I always need to use my discrimination when I receive information and make certain that I remain well connected to God's being.

One thing I pay attention to is how I change inwardly. I don't mean to brag, but since I feel like I'm doing quite well when comes to having feelings of humility, gratitude, respect, reverence, loyalty and love towards beings such as God and those who work with him, I feel good about how things are going for me. I feel very grateful for how my life has turned out.

I appreciate that you dedicated your life to service by being a  minister. I appreciate a priest who dedicates his life to serving God and others for sincere reasons. I admire the courage of an Exorcist. I admire anybody who has good intentions. But sorry, if somebody says something that seems disrespectful, I'm not afraid to speak up.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.