Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Admin Info (Read 4397 times)
Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Admin Info
May 13th, 2017 at 7:54pm

Hi everyone,

Some of you know me, some of you don't.  I thought I'd make an announcement that Bruce has been training me to take over moderator and administrative duties, and I appreciate that everyone is patient about that as I get practice.  I'm seeing just how much work it is!  Bruce is still here, and I'm sure he'll continue to be present as much as he can.  Most of you are probably aware of his health condition, thus the reason for my help. 

As a long-time close friend of his, I'm filled with honor and gratitude that Bruce has asked me to do this for him, as I'm very happy to help keep his site going and to keep it a nice, safe place for people to come learn and share, engage, and grow.  As he was training me he said that my duties make me God, or in my case Goddess, of the site.  I like to think of it more as Sheriff, although I do like the sound of being a Goddess  Roll Eyes.   I'll do my best to do as he wishes for his site.  If you want to PM me to bring an issue to my attention, please do.  Like I said, it takes a lot of work trying to stay on top of every thread, but I promise to do my best to be here, be aware, and be fair.   

As a general reminder to everyone old and new, the Peer Moderator System is in place for your benefit and right to have a say in helping keep this site a nice place we can all enjoy.  It's natural for conversations to morph and get a little off topic, but if they derail into offensive comments or personal attacks, or anything else that breaks the posting guidelines, they will be deleted or moved to off-topic, and warnings and/or banning will take place if appropriate.  It's not meant to pick on anyone; it's simply a means of being as fair to everyone as possible. 

Please be mindful that there are people who come here looking for information about learning to explore the Afterlife, as is the basic foundation of this site, as well as a place to meet others and share experiences, ask questions, or seek consolation after the loss of a loved one, and that we should all have a welcoming spirit and encourage each other. 

Vicky

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Re: Admin Info
Reply #1 - May 19th, 2017 at 6:57pm

Hello Vicky:

I wonder if it is worthwhile to keep the forum going. Consider what happens here. A couple of people, according to their Biblical beliefs speak against some the viewpoints Bruce advocates, Justin and I stand up for them, our reward is getting accused of Ad Hominen attacks, and nobody supports us for standing up for Bruce.

I don't know how long Justin and I will do this for. I don't know if anybody else will speak up for things such as the Disk viewpoint. So eventually it will work out that this site exists largely for the purpose for people who are intellectually dishonest, according to their Biblical beliefs, (more than they realize, you can't think freely when you are emotionally attached to a belief system)  to speak against things such as the Disk viewpoint. What is the point of that? I doubt that this is why Bruce set up this site.

Regarding my being emotionally attached to my viewpoints, if after I die, I find out that the Disk viewpoint isn't accurate, it was just a way considering things, I'll be open to accepting this.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #2 - May 19th, 2017 at 7:36pm

Here is the link to the Posting Guidelines:  http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/wwwboard/reviewgl.html

Please use the Peer Moderator System or you can send me a PM with the info of the offending thread, post, and individual and the reason it is breaking the posting guidelines so that I can look into it in a timely manner.  If the complaint is valid then appropriate action will be taken.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #3 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:15pm

I think it's appropriate to make this note here: 

Addressing all who have made me aware of their complaints recently, I want to let you know that Bruce is aware and we talked it over and I know what he wants moving forward.  He's regretting not having done something earlier that would have prevented all of the recent uproar but has let me know what he'd like to have happen if there's a next time.  I think that's more than fair.

I think the way that I've worded it is fair to everyone and also shows I'm not taking sides here.  I felt a little bombarded with emails coming from both sides wanting me to choose and so that's why I got Bruce involved. 

On a good note, I've also gotten emails saying people are happy to know the board can and will continue!   Smiley

Again, thanks for your patience. 

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

TheDonald

ALK Member

Reply #4 - May 20th, 2017 at 10:25pm

Vicky,

I'm actually very open to Bruce's methods and hope to go to TMI in the next year or so.   Even if such methodis are ultimately misguided, this site would still be a valuable way to demonstrate what afterlife contact methods don't work.  And of course, even flawed methods can be tweaked so that they finally do work. 

When I pass away, one of my first issues will be to determine if retrievals can be effectively performed.  The prospect of this ministry appeals to me more than any heavenly rewards.  This site has helped me focus on that possibility in this world and has helped me establish a biblical mandate for retrievals.  Such a mandate might be important for Christians averse to the occult to take a serious look at this possibility. 

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #5 - May 20th, 2017 at 10:48pm

I wouldn't assume to say a method doesn't work before I'd assume there was something I was doing wrong.  After all, it's not the method per se.  It's the person's intention, belief, ability, perception, etc. 

Let me ask you, what for you would be proof to you that retrievals can be effectively performed?  Even in the afterlife,  anything you perceive is still only ever within the framework of your own perception.  There never is going to be anything you can perceive, true or otherwise, that you can perceive outside of that. 

You know, the very first time I met Bruce he let me borrow a copy of his Guidebook.  It was one of the prototype copies which I still have by the way.  I was eager to try the steps but was waiting for the right time.  Being a busy mom of two little ones I was never alone.  Bruce had practically admonished me not to just read his book but to actually do the exercises, to actually listen to the CDs and do them.  Did I listen?  Nope.  I read maybe a few chapters?  I don't remember how far, but within two weeks one afternoon I felt my guidance tell me, "Now's a good time to try doing a retrieval."  If you've ever followed me at all you know that I often talk about "The Voice" of my guidance.

It was the afternoon, my kids were watching cartoons, and I was making dinner.  But I listened.  I immediately went and sat at my desk in the living room and closed my eyes and did Bruce's techniques, and I had the most amazing experience, one that I truly believe was a retrieval.  My sight perception was what I'd call clairvoyant, just meaning that I was seeing in just-like-physical-eyesight seeing in my mind's eye. 

I knew then that what Bruce teaches really does work, really is real.  But it's not the method per se.  If it was, then I'd have that kind of experience every single time I do that technique.  But I don't.  So it's not the technique, it's me.  For whatever reason, that moment was a perfect time to try it, which is why I was guided to.  I had set intention for it.

Obviously doing it with two kids laughing at their cartoons in the same room doesn't matter.  What the key is, I think, is my trust, my intention, my desire...maybe something else too.  Maybe just a good night's sleep and strong will?  Who knows.  But I agree you can tweak a method til you get results.  Sometimes what we're tweaking is something inside us.  I think prep work, especially meditation, is essential, at least to build up intention.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Comment moved
Reply #6 - May 29th, 2017 at 1:46pm

PLEASE NOTE:  I pulled this from the thread it was on to keep that thread free of off-topic stuff.  This is a more appropriate place for it.

For the record, Justin wasn't banned, he left on his own.

I'm still getting training from Bruce, and getting his feelings and opinions on what he wants/doesn't want, and what to watch for, what to do about certain situations, etc.  so bear with me. 

My approach has been to try and give everyone a "clean slate" and I'm assuming everyone knows what that means.  The point is to avoid multiple bannings and see if you all can move forward and follow the rules.  Stop perpetuating old arguments, stop baiting each other into arguing, stop bringing up personal comments and finger-pointing especially at the wrong place at the wrong time, stop looking for hidden agendas, hidden meanings, and reading between the lines, and simply avoid a discussion between people if your agenda is to change their mind, their views, their beliefs, and to otherwise change the line of conversation.  It's one thing to share your views and make conversation, but it's another thing when you beat someone over the head with it.   

Pretty much everyone has done what I've asked, except for Justin who had a really hard time with it.  I realize that old threads and topics are still being discussed and that means the same feelings, thoughts, opinions, and beliefs are still being shared...but the point is to do it in a constructive way, a conversational way, where the Posting Guidelines are not being abused.  I realize it brings up egos, emotions, and things from the past, but you each need to be responsible for your own intentions and how you come across because it's very easy to misinterpret what someone says and means since we are merely writing online rather than talking face to face.
« Last Edit: May 29th, 2017 at 3:08pm by Vicky »  

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.