Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Things you'd miss the most (Read 8983 times)
Uno

ALK Member

Re: Things you'd miss the most
Reply #15 - May 14th, 2017 at 9:44am

You are of course right about being in the off topic. I meant moving it to another thread in the off topic section. Why? Because the topics you have mentioned don't belong in this thread, they clutter and hijack this thread. Moving the posts that has nothing to do with the thread is appropriate and has to do with self-control and not the type of control you are implying.

If you claim there is no truth and in the same breath claim that is the truth, you are a leftist.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #16 - May 14th, 2017 at 10:42am

I hope I don't miss anything from this world after I die.

If we were in a spirit realm, our overall state of mind would determine where we go. To some extent this is true while we are in this world.

Some of the things people say they will miss are harmless, for example, I also enjoy hot showers.

I won't miss people who accuse others of pontificating, simply because they present viewpoints they aren't interested in.  Since I know Justin beyond this forum, I don't believe he has a holier than thou attitude. Gosh, even Jesus suggested that people don't look for their riches in this world.  As Emanuel Swedenborg would say, "What do you love?"

IP Logged

seagull
Ex Member

Reply #17 - May 14th, 2017 at 11:08am

rondele wrote on May 13th, 2017 at 8:07pm:
Agreed. These are the things that we can't buy or borrow. Yet they are the treasures that make each day so precious. I remember a trip we took to Wales, B&B, and the next morning the farmer's son was outside in the morning mist tending to the sheep.

It was one of those magic moments. Perfect confluence of time and place. I remarked to the boy that it was a beautiful morning.

He smiled and said "aye, she's a corker." Everything seemed so delicious that I wished I could have bottled it.

It's the stuff of life, without which it would be empty and sterile.

R

I appreciated you expressing this particular feeling here because I had such a moment a few days ago. It was so poignant that I honestly thought I had been deliberately communicated to from another world. I actually asked myself, Mom, is that you?

What happened is that I was leaving for my job and turned the corner of my balcony and it seemed that everything was enhanced to reveal incredible beauty. My senses were opened and I was able to see and feel the beauty and the light and the sounds and the entire area surrounding me in a special way.

This is what I mean when I said that we have glimpses in our waking life and in dreams. We all have such moments, and can have them every single day when we slow down to notice them.

IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Reply #18 - May 14th, 2017 at 7:26pm

What you described Seagull, sounds to me like a heart opening/expanding/resonating and you acutely perceived the beauty of creation. 

Or, perhaps more accurately, the beauty within, resonated strongly for some moments, to the beauty seemingly without. 

This is what I was referring to earlier as a Solar*, opening the heart to gratitude/appreciation in the now type process. Certain things seemingly outside oneself, can spark this more than some other things. *(It also can be and often is, an attunment to Venus, which is also related to the heart--but more in the personal, human, typically experienced sense than the Sun--personal love/beauty vs a much more expanded and impersonal version). 

For self, I find that nature in it's various manifestations tends to have this facilitating resonation effect more than a lot of other things, besides deep meditation, listening to certain songs, singing, etc. Today, my spouse, a close mutual friend of ours, and I went to a farm to pick strawberries, and then after went to a large park near a river and estuary. 

It was quite nice, and self experienced a lot of that heart resonation/expanding, while attuning to the various manifestations of nature around us, whether the water, the animals, the plants, each other's joyful/happy company, etc. 

But, this is very different than the 2nd center, Lunar resonation that I talked about earlier of missing and being over attached to the past and the material plane.  Note, I connected the Moon to the etheric level/body of our human energy system? 

Where do most classic retrievals of stuck, former humans happen, what level?  The same that we call our etheric!  It's only slightly faster vibratory than the physical, and contains a lot of the physical human hangups and limitations, such as fear, attachment to the physical, distorted beliefs, which is why some humans when they get stuck, get stuck in this level.

(If a person is born with the Moon very strong in their natal astrological chart, it often symbolizes that they are strongly bringing over some energies from a self whom had been stuck in the classical sense.  Along with the symbolism of the Moon, there tends to be definite tendencies to fear, worry, thinking a lot of the past, over attachment to the physical and pleasures of same [Moon can often indicate definite hedonistic tendencies], and a general spiritual weakness of character, but often more in a passive sense than in an actively destructive sense such as Mars, Saturn and/or Pluto often represent). 
« Last Edit: May 15th, 2017 at 12:24pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Reply #19 - May 15th, 2017 at 12:21pm

Related to what you said Albert, it seems that Yeshua ("Jesus") and Buddha shared a commonality in their teachings. Both seemed to be trying to break humans free from their over attachment to the physical (and/or the temporary in general) and to the things and temporary pleasures of same. (I think some connected to Buddhism sometimes take it too far, but that's not Buddha's fault, such as it's not Yeshua's fault that so many have distorted his messages and teachings since he left the scene publicly).   

There are SO many specific teachings in both the NT and which are attributed to Buddha that directly or indirectly address this important issue. Umm, rich folks, camels, and eye of a needle anyone.  Why do most seek to become wealthy?  Partly so that they can enjoy more and more pleasures and things of the Earth, anytime they feel like.  

P.S., I added quite a bit more to my last reply.  I put it into a much more holistic context so that people could perceive it holistically easier and more clearly. 

IP Logged

seagull
Ex Member

Reply #20 - May 15th, 2017 at 8:04pm

It is important to understand that it is the personal desires in our lives which fuel the flames under our individual behinds, so to speak. That energy can be used in a million ways.

That is the reason for practice, of the sort that some people do. One can be practicing for something one desires, and can find a higher cause while doing so. So it is not about self denial at all.

IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Reply #21 - May 15th, 2017 at 8:44pm

Perhaps it's more about a combo of self discipline and right/constructive focus overall? 

I happened to be born under Sun and Mercury in Capricorn.  Capricorn is THE sign (symbol) of discipline, responsibility, one pointed focus, and the stage/symbol relating to material world, universal/impersonal service.

These have been big focuses in this life, and it's become very apparent, for deeper reasons relating to spiritual growth. 

The important, crucial point is that energy/desire that you speak of, can be used constructively and destructively.  Why waste time, why get distracted, why not facilitate the healing/retrieval of the Whole to the best of one's ability instead? 

If that requires self denial and/or self sacrifice, then so be it--that's what the Christ pattern and life is all about.  To live more for others and the Whole, than the little, seemingly separated self.  As mentioned earlier, if I had my personality druthers, I would move to a log cabin in Alaska and focus on raising a family and living on the land. 

But, that would be succumbing to my shadow, selfish, limited, lacking in Love self.  Instead, self is called to be a largely disliked communicator of info that few want to hear because it's either inconvenient or uncomfortable to our personalty levels.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.