Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Regarding accepting Jesus as savior (Read 2139 times)
Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Regarding accepting Jesus as savior
Apr 28th, 2017 at 7:48pm

This discussion is spread out in more than one place, sorry for starting it somewhere else.

I want to address the subject of whether a person needs to  accept Jesus as his (or her) savior in order to avoid going to hell. I won't repeat the points I made elsewhere, but will instead say something new. Jesus liked to use parables, so I'll follow his example.

A lady tried to determine if she should marry a man. He was a good man that would treat her with love and respect, and they seemed compatible, so she decided to marry him. During their marriage they shared a deep love with each other.

Another lady was told by a man, "marry me or I will send you to the dungeon to be tortured." She didn't want to marry this man, but did so, because she was afraid of being punished. Unlike the first marriage discussed she didn't share deep love with this man, because how could love be alive when she was forced to marry the man?

I believe Jesus is a very reasonable being who understands where I am coming from, so I don't believe he will sue me for plagiarism after I say the following, "Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand."

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Re: Regarding accepting Jesus as savior
Reply #1 - Apr 29th, 2017 at 12:31pm

Here is another parable.

The kingdom of heaven is a like a child who eats an ice cream cone not because he was forced to do so, but  because he loves ice cream.

IP Logged

seagull
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 29th, 2017 at 2:56pm

Well, let us just say, we can float to any level to which we choose. It is easy, but it is a matter of letting go of the encumbrances which are our attachments. One does not need to force oneself in any way, not in any physical way nor in any spiritual way.

IP Logged

seagull
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 29th, 2017 at 3:00pm

As I see it, there is no reason to confine a particular level of experience to a particular personality. It is of interest, for a time.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #4 - Apr 29th, 2017 at 9:31pm

Seagul:

No comment, just letting you know that I read your posts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.