Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
April Ft. Collins workshop retrieval (Read 6700 times)
Mary Jo

ALK Member

April Ft. Collins workshop retrieval
May 26th, 2016 at 4:28pm

I’m adding my retrieval experience from the class.  Sorry it took so long to write it up, but here it is.

The helper began to fade in and I was confused at first because he seemed to be wearing a costume with a cloak and hat. I thought at first it was the dress of someone based in rural Spain, but then it became obvious that the helper was dressed as a monsignor, or a higher level catholic priest.  This immediately pushed a few of my buttons since I was raised catholic and left it as soon as I left home. I looked down and saw that I was dressed as a rather old fashioned nun, which REALLY pushed more buttons.  I found myself standing, then sitting by an old, hunched over, rounded back/shoulders  male, heavyset and tubby, round faced, with hardly any hair, just some thinning and straggly toward the back. He was in a wheelchair in a  basic nursing home room, and one that was not particularly modern.  I thought it could be local, and maybe from the 70’s or 80’s.  The man was really out of it, almost comatose in his level of non- responsiveness.  I figured really advanced dementia, Alzheimer's, or something similar. I asked what his name was and they said this was Father Shultz.  He had no money, so I didn’t get a year. He had the feel of a very traditional (women have their lower place), somewhat ego driven, but nice person before his illness and aging.  He didn’t respond to me talking to him, so the helper indicated to touch him.  I rubbed his hands, and then his face, then his hands again trying to get him to notice me.  That didn’t work either.  I turned to the helper for suggestions and he gave me a rosary. I took it and put it between the priest's fingers and pressed them on the beads, and moved the beads in his fingers so he could really feel them. He started to finger them and that worked, they and the room disappeared.

I figured I was done, but there was still time left and I remembered Bruce said we could follow them to the afterworld.  I’d not done this before – visited under other circumstances, but not really followed a retrieved person back.  There, the helper had already turned the priest over to two other helpers.  I found them tucking him into a bed in a big room that had other beds, some empty, some had occupants.  The helper faded out of his monsignor outfit into a white gown even as I watched, and he turned much younger looking.   When I asked, he said to call him George.  I asked why they picked me for this retrieval, since I was uncomfortable with the catholic bit.  He said that I was ideal because of my background and that I would understand the situation better than most.  I asked what would happen with Father Schultz next.  He said that he would be taken to the catholic section.  I asked it that was with Jesus and the whole strict catholic belief system.  He said yes, and asked if I would like to visit and began walking me there (or somewhere), and saying I could speak with him (Jesus).  I was shaking my head no, to not bother, he was busy, etc. and I’m not all that interested in the catholic section, when Jesus was with us almost instantly, and said he was happy to see me.  There was a perceptible rise in the energy level which was very cool.  I asked if Father Schultz would stay in the catholic section, that it seemed so limiting, and well, sad.  Jesus said no, that he would eventually come out on the other side.  That was good news and I felt better about it. Then Bruce called us back.

After I shared with my partnered classmate, she suggested I look for  Father Schultz on the internet since the computers were several yards away where we were sitting.  I did and a Father Schultz obit popped up immediately.  Even better, the photo would look just like him if you added ten or fifteen years, bent him more, and lost more of his hair. He wasn’t local though, he died in New Jersey in 2013 at age 90.  Also, I had thought he was stuck back in the 70’s or 80’s because that is what the room looked like, but if this is the correct person, he was stuck in 2013, so I was wrong about that.  There was no indication of his state of mind when he died.

By way of background, I started doing retrievals years ago when I read one of Bruce’s first books.  I’ve “seen” dead people since I was a teenager.  I stopped retrievals and the entire subject cold turkey, except for family and friends, a few years ago.  I'm going to look for my notes on that crazy retrieval and will post it.

I have met Jesus before on rare occasions  - during another retrieval, once through a Reiki experience, and also during a mediation.  Each time was pretty intense, but, he feels like a warm, welcoming, personal acquaintance/friend (Of course it could just be all that catholic training… or a guide pulling my leg...)

Bruce, the class was great!  I learned a few points that really helped me understand some happenings  – stuff that had made me think I was a little crazy and that I was making it all up, to the point of keeping further retrievals limited to people I knew personally.  It turns out, those sticking points that bothered me so much could be normal parts of retrievals. Who knew. So thank you for that. I needed to take your class a long time ago.  Am looking forward to your next one!

Mary Jo

IP Logged

seagull
Ex Member

Re: April Ft. Collins workshop retrieval
Reply #1 - May 31st, 2016 at 7:10pm

Mary Jo,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I admire people with candor who are truthful about exactly what they experienced, and are willing to share it.

Can you tell us anything more about your experiences with seeing people who have crossed over since you were a child?

I find it interesting that you understood that your past experiences contributed to your ability to do the retrieval successfully. Meaning, even though you have conflicting feelings about it, that those experiences actually help you to help others now.

That is a great gift of life experience. Our ability to extend ourselves and to understand others better.

IP Logged

Mary Jo

ALK Member

Reply #2 - Jun 2nd, 2016 at 9:46pm

In answer to you question about earlier experiences with dead people, the first I noticed was my grandma, and that was when I was in my late teens.  (I really hadn't had much experience with death earlier, and where I did, it never occurred to me to pay close attention, or that seeing them was even possible.) I went with my mom to the funeral home where she was making arrangements for the showing.  While waiting by myself with the casket, I could "see" someone dancing and twirling around in the funeral parlor room in front of grandma's casket, very strange, and I might have been fearful if the emotion was anything but sheer joy.  She was young, pretty, and wearing an old fashioned white fancy long dress.  It took me awhile to figure out that it was grandma, because she was so young and happy, and not the old lady I knew. But she let me know it was her.  I refused to go to her funeral because she was just too happy about being dead. The experience blew me away.

After that I started paying attention, and the dead person  always attended their service. They each handle it differently though.  Some stay in front or to the side, or the back, some go through and sit with family members, and seem to talk to them.  One of my aunts looked like she was attending her wedding - she was formal, stately, beautiful (still old though), and sat in a place of honor right in front of the church.  One kid ran around to all his friends, and up and down the aisle, until his older sister (who also died as a child - genetic issues) who had come and sat with the family, got him, taking his hand and she lead him away about 3/4 of the way through the service.  Interestingly, the older sister looked like a teenager, although she had died as a child too, but she would have been a teenager if she had lived.  Anyway, it is interesting. 

IP Logged

seagull
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 4th, 2016 at 12:45pm

That is fascinating. I have a question about the child who had died who was running around and was lead off by his older sister (who had grown up, apparently, in the afterlife realms). How did you recognize the sister? I am just curious as to how you perceived the information about her?

My understanding of what you said is that the sister was looking after him at the funeral, and that you were aware of that.

It would be very comforting to parents who have lost children to be assured that they are being looked after and growing up in a different, but safe and loving, environment.

IP Logged

seagull
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 6th, 2016 at 5:43am

Apologies if my questions are taking this thread off topic. It is just that it is so rare that people post this kind of actual specific experience here in step by step detail. I certainly understand if you post nothing else immediately, and I greatly appreciate what you have contributed here.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #5 - Jun 8th, 2016 at 1:31am

Hi Mary Jo!   Smiley

I'm glad you shared your retrieval here because I really wanted to hear everyone's experiences in the workshop but since we were out of time that didn't happen. 

Yours had so much detail!  I loved how much information you were able to see and know, and all the questions you asked. 

So your mom worked at a funeral home and you spent a lot of time there?  No wonder you could see the spirits there.  Children are so naturally open and accepting of those abilities.  Did you ever talk to your mom about it, or to anyone else?  Did you have any support about your ability while growing up?

Vicky

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Mary Jo

ALK Member

Reply #6 - Jun 10th, 2016 at 4:28pm

Vicki, In answer to your comments, I only saw grandma after she had died and mom went to the funeral home to make more arrangements for (presumably) the showing/service/funeral.  I didn't see dead people when I was younger that I know of. I never paid any attention, and wouldn't have paid attention then except she was right there in front of me, and so joyous.  Mom never worked at a funeral home - that could have been interesting.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #7 - Jun 10th, 2016 at 4:42pm

Oh ok, I am very old and think of teens as children  Roll Eyes

Thanks for clarifying.  It's still interesting that you have seen more than just Grandma and that you have seen spirits at their own funerals. 

I have to admit, each time I go to a funeral I'm hoping to see the dead person "alive and well" but so far it hasn't happened for me.  I've had quite a few ghost experiences, but just wish seeing the dead was something that just happened and happened a lot. 

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Mary Jo

ALK Member

Reply #8 - Jun 10th, 2016 at 5:23pm

Regarding me knowing that it was his sister who lead the little boy away, you have a point, and I could be wrong. I'd never met the deceased sister, had seen pictures of her as a child, but at the time I knew it was her.  Beyond that, she looked a lot like her older sister, several inches taller though, wore her hair long, unlike her living sister's short blunt cut. She stayed beside the family through most of the service, and was pretty noticeable because she wore a quite plain, long white dress with puffed short sleeves. I was a bit surprised when she showed up because I'd not seen that happen before, and I did wonder about the age, but I'm sure it was her, so that would mean she grew up over there.  I don't know if this is what usually happens, this has (thankfully) been my only experience with a child's funeral service, and only experience with a deceased child growing up.  So, not enough to assume it always happens that way.

IP Logged

Mary Jo

ALK Member

Reply #9 - Jun 10th, 2016 at 5:27pm

Hi Vicki,
No reason why you shouldn't see them at their service, they truly do show up.  Just keep an eye open... Smiley
Mary Jo

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.