Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My workshop retrieval (Read 7766 times)
Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
My workshop retrieval
May 5th, 2016 at 11:32pm

Here is my retrieval experience from the workshop in Fort Collins, Colorado a couple weeks ago!   Smiley

April 24, 2016

The moment I closed my eyes I saw I was underground in a dugout room.  I think food was kept down here to keep it cool.  I was facing some kind of manmade shaft where things could get lowered down.  It looked somewhat like a chimney only wider.  It was made from stone I think.  I could see light coming down the shaft.

I clicked out.  When I came back I brought that room back to mind but didn’t feel as strongly there.  We were supposed to be meeting our Helper.  A tunnel appeared so I imagined going through it.  I came to another room where I was outside and holding a door open.  I saw people walk out the door one by one and I wondered if one of them would be my helper, but no one looked at me.  The last one was a puppy, which surprised me, and I instinctively knelt down to see him.  He jumped up at me to sniff my face.  Since he was the only one who interacted with me I said, “You’re my guide”.  I was choosing him.  I clicked out again. 

The puppy was leading me through an ancient city where the roads and houses were made of dried mud.  I saw a young woman who I knew was supposed to be the person I was to retrieve.  She was wearing a simple dress that was yellow and white with a red apron type of drape over the front.  She had light brown skin and short dark curly hair.  She was maybe around 20. 

I got the name Megella.  Then “Budapest” popped into my mind.  When Bruce asked us to ask to be shown what their currency looks like, I got that she doesn’t have money and has never seen any because people at her level are too poor to have it.  In exchange for the work she does she is given a place to live and food to eat.

As we are led through the city I can see colorful decorations and pottery everywhere, very pretty, blues and whites, painted pottery.  I see something made from beads in these colors. 

During when Bruce directed us to be shown, told, or given something to prove the experience is real I instantly find that I’m in an eating area.  There are long tables.  The floor is wet and then I see there’s a lot of water covering it.  Something on the floor catches my attention, a small object.  I bend down to pick it up with my right hand, and when I pull my hand out of the water and open it, there’s a small plastic object.  I don’t know what it is supposed to be but I know the thing is broken.  It’s long and springy, like a coil, but I know that the end is supposed to be attached to the part that’s in my hand.  I have no idea what it is or what it’s supposed to mean.  I am holding onto it and bouncing it in and out of my hand and watch how springy it is.  The feeling I pick up about it is that it’s supposed to be connected, not pulled out like a spiral or coil, and as I played with it I thought to myself that I definitely didn’t feel like I was making this up because it surprised me so much.  I felt like I was as surprised about it as I would have been in physical reality, not knowing what this weird thing was. 

I click out again.  Next I’m in a tavern.  It’s considered a very high class place that only select classes of people are allowed to walk into.  I feel like this is in Turkey.  There are decorative drapes of mostly yellows and red covering the doorway.  I see a young man who was considered wait staff coming to check on his customers.  It’s a very distinctive place, very “high end” for the times.  The girl was brought here as a reward for her service, a treat.

When it was time to go with the helper, we are suddenly outside, just having left the tavern.  I am behind the girl and the puppy.  I can see her to the left, the puppy on her right.  There is a really huge parasol between them made of pretty pink and white lace, sort of just floating above them.  The parasol is leading the way to Focus 27. 

That’s all I remember. 

After the workshop I told Bruce my experience and told him I definitely felt like I had clicked out or had fallen in and out of sleep.  He said that when that happens it’s like chunks are missing from the story, like if you were watching TV and someone was trying to talk to you.  Each time you turn away from the TV and then turn back, you miss a little part of the show but that usually you get enough that you can guess what took place in between. 

So he walked me through how to tell the story of what happened during the retrieval just from the bits I picked up on. 

With the case of my retrieval he supposed the young woman died either in the tavern or just after she left because I knew her to be alive in the tavern, but as they left the tavern she was being lead to Focus 27.  The tavern was the last place that she was alive.  He said she could have been involved in some illegal activity as an innocent bystander, or she could have fallen, some kind of accident…something happened to her there.  Maybe it had to do with the water I had seen in the dining area. 

It really made sense to me when he walked me through it, and it made me feel a lot better about believing my retrieval was actually real. 

As for the plastic springy broken coil thingy….well, I can’t say for certain this is what it is because it's not typical for retrievals…but later that night I did see something that reminded me exactly of that thing.  My blood sugar had gotten really low later that night and luckily I was talking to Bruce at the time because I was too low to go get my own glucose tablets but Bruce had some on him.  He quickly gave me the vial and said to take as many as I needed, and when I pulled the cap off and held it in my hand it was the thing I had found in my retrieval.  It instantly clicked in my mind that it was the same thing.  I know it sounds weird, but what can I say?  It was the plastic coil thing but this obviously was not broken.  The design of the cap acts like a springy coil to protect the tablets from getting broken.  My own glucose container doesn’t have a cap like that.  I’d never seen one like this before.

That's not a typical way to get some kind of verification that a retrieval is real, but I'm not surprised.  My experiences are always a bit unconventional. 

Cheesy

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

seagull
Ex Member

Re: My workshop retrieval
Reply #1 - May 6th, 2016 at 9:10am

Thanks so much for posting this. It is so fun to hear how you put the pieces together, and it is an example of how you just can't make this up. The journey surprises you along the way. It is common to click out when you get very relaxed like that, has happened to me lots of times during guided meditations.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #2 - May 6th, 2016 at 10:41am

Hey Seagull!

Thanks.  I'm glad you understand!  After sitting in the workshop for two days I was getting way to relaxed, so during the guided meditations I had no trouble falling deeply relaxed, almost too relaxed.  I think I work better on my own just for that purpose.

I'm going to be practicing the retrieval technique regularly so that I can get more "stuff" and not only get better at it but also have more experiences to compare to the ones I already have had.  I think that's a necessary part of the whole process of learning and getting better at it, and it also helps to give you a broader sense of knowing these are real experiences.  I always want more!

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

seagull
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 6th, 2016 at 10:04pm

I think you are probably right, Vicky, about the practice aspect of it all. And there is something unique about these kinds of experiences. It is not like remembering a dream. It is a different process. I can't say that I really understand it, even while having clear memories of some of my own experiences.

I find your enthusiasm inspiring. I may attempt to do a retrieval this weekend, since I haven't attempted one in a long time, not that I remember. Also, my attention span is so short that I am not a very good student, but I do think these retrievals are interesting and worth the time involved.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #4 - May 7th, 2016 at 12:03am

Geez Seagull, what you just said..."it's not like remembering a dream"... I don't know why I never thought of it like that before.  I mean, I've had a ton of amazing experiences but not all of them feel amazing while they are happening.  Some of them, like this retrieval, feel kind of dull while they're happening.  I think to myself, "I wish I felt like I really knew this was real.  What if I'm just dreaming this?" 

But what you said, "it's not like remembering a dream.  It's a different process"...you're absolutely right.  While you're dreaming you aren't processing it and wondering if you're making it all up, you're just experiencing and going along with it.  And you don't remember a dream until you wake up, but you know you're remembering a dream. 

But while I was doing the retrieval, I was consciously processing and thinking and wondering about it all while it was happening.  And when it was over, I remembered everything without having to try to like with a dream.  And it didn't feel the way a dream feels.  As a matter of fact I am just now realizing that when I dream it's very vivid and clear and full color.  But my "vision" during the retrieval wasn't vivid, was just a grainy grey, and I only had a knowing of what things looks like and what color they were.  I'd say the way I could see was what I'd call "memory vision".

Another difference between a dream and a retrieval is that in dreams I don't need to witness every detail in order to just know stuff in the dream.  In dreams you have knowledge and awareness of things without knowing how you know it, and even when dreams have gaps you just accept it and it still makes sense.  But in a retrieval, you're watching images and get pieces of information and it doesn't move along smoothly like a dream does.  Well, at least not for me.   

Hey Bruce guess what!  I totally now get what you mean when you compared it to watching a television show and having someone interrupt you.  Each time you turn away from the TV you miss what's being presented but the story continues.  If you turn away many times then all you get are pieces of the story....yet you don't have that automatic dream knowledge and awareness that happens with dreams.

I keep a dream journal and when I am writing down my dreams, a lot of times I say things like, "The next thing I knew, I was...." and that's because I don't remember every single detail of a dream but I know enough to know the sequence of events.  Like in a dream it might be like, "I was shopping in the grocery store blah blah blah, and then the next thing I knew was I was in my car driving home blah blah blah".  That's what remembering a dream is like.  But for me, a retrieval really is how Bruce described missing parts of a TV show...I definitely know when there's a gap between images. 

Ok, that is a really exciting revelation.  I never thought of comparing how I experience retrievals to how I experience dreams. 

Thanks Seagull!!   Roll Eyes

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Whatisreality

ALK Member

Flyover Country
Reply #5 - May 10th, 2016 at 11:58am

Wonderful, Vicky!  Smiley

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #6 - May 10th, 2016 at 12:00pm

Thanks Dean!

I'm always still learning, and I love that!   Roll Eyes

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Whatisreality

ALK Member

Flyover Country
Reply #7 - May 10th, 2016 at 1:10pm

You're not alone in the learning thing... Smiley

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #8 - May 10th, 2016 at 3:47pm

Vicky,

What a marvelously woven explanation from beginning to end.  You make the point well, even though you "looked away" you have enough view time during the retrieval to know quite a bit about the life and death of this girl.  Your puppy mascaraed guide took you right to where she died, and she was retrieved.

And some interesting details, like her not having money, and why.  I never thought about it before but it makes perfect sense, a person who has no money can be held in slavery by  that fact alone.

Pretty cool stuff, Vicky, but then, you've experienced so much, and learn so much, you are already a pretty fine teacher!

Thanks for sharing your experience and learning.

Love to ALL,

Bruce

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #9 - May 10th, 2016 at 4:25pm

Vicky wrote on May 7th, 2016 at 12:03am:
Hey Bruce guess what!  I totally now get what you mean when you compared it to watching a television show and having someone interrupt you.  Each time you turn away from the TV you miss what's being presented but the story continues.  If you turn away many times then all you get are pieces of the story....yet you don't have that automatic dream knowledge and awareness that happens with dreams.

Yeah Vicky, you are totally getting it!  And with the retrieval of the girl who died in the Tavern, you see how to put the story back together.  The story may not be entirely accurate in very little detail, but all the details fit together into a coherent picture of what kind of thing happened.  Along with elements of the woman's life.

Kudos,

Love to ALL,

Bruce

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #10 - May 10th, 2016 at 5:21pm

Thanks so much Bruce.  You know I appreciate your input as it always helps me integrate and understand my experience.  I think the debriefing part of your workshop is so important for that fact.  It always helps to get other people's views.  Especially from you....you're still teaching me things even after all these years!

The plastic cap thing is typical for how my Guidance works for me.  Very often there's a thing that happens to get my attention, the purpose of which is only to give me an instant reminder of "where I was when something was happening"....meaning, where my thoughts were focused at that time.  When I saw your cap it instantly reminded me of the weird thing in the retrieval, so it's like the "proof" was in the fact that I would be getting a reminder in the near future that sends my thoughts back to where I was when I was wondering "Here's my chance to ask for verification that this is real". 

You know me, I sometimes get stuff in some strange ways.  But hey, whatever works to "wake up" my conscious awareness to get the message home.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Gman

Reply #11 - May 12th, 2016 at 1:29am

Hello Vicky...How can you tell if your experience is nothing more than your "Sub-Conscious Emotional Mind", with mental-emotional imagery generated by yourself to your conscious now mindset.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #12 - May 12th, 2016 at 5:19pm

Hi Gman,

Without me knowing an example of what "sub-conscious emotional mind"  and "mental-emotional imagery" actually is, I'd have to say I don't know.

All I can tell you for sure is that I was consciously awake while I was "seeing in my mind's eye" and it was not the same thing as waking from a dream and then remembering what I was seeing in my mind's eye.  And it also wasn't the same thing as making things up in my mind such as when daydreaming, because when I'm daydreaming then I'm consciously deciding what to make up. 

So if you're asking me if my experience was a product of my subconscious mind creating imagery, I guess it's possible.  I mean, I believe that information we perceive does come in at a subconscious level and then we "receive" it on a conscious-mind level and that's how we become aware of what it is we're perceiving in the first place.  And sometimes visual imagery does get conjured up in the mind, in fact I'd say it usually does, probably more often than not.  It's usually very subtle though, but this retrieval experience was not subtle. 

The same thing happens when psychic information pops into my head.  Sometimes it's just knowing something, but sometimes it comes visually.  Because I'm still such a novice at it I always stop and wonder, "Wait, am I making that up or is this real?"  And the best thing to do is try to verify it somehow. 

Your question posed as "nothing more than" seems to imply that it's not real but made up....and I don't believe that to be the case.  I don't think it's accurate to assume that because/if my subconscious mind is creating imagery for me to see in my conscious mind then that must mean it's not real. 

If you can give me more of an example of what you mean, I can try to pick apart my experience more.  I mean, it's all very interesting to me, how it is we perceive and receive information. 

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.