Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My first retrieval (during Bruce's Workshop) (Read 4060 times)
Whatisreality

ALK Member

Flyover Country
My first retrieval (during Bruce's Workshop)
May 4th, 2016 at 1:33pm

Hi everyone - just wanted to share my experience here.

This happened a couple weeks ago now at Bruce's workshop in Fort Collins, CO.  I've needed the past two weeks to process what happened, which is why I haven't posted until now.  I'm a relative newbe at all this so forgive me if this isn't up to par per the more experienced posters below.

In the class, we went through Bruce's verbally-guided exercises, each one building upon the previous ones.  Day two is where we did the actual retrieval.  I closed my eyes and went through the energy-gathering preparation.  After stating my intent, I asked for a guide/helper to lead me to someone whom I could aid.

The guide that appeared was just a grey oblong blob (orb?), but I could definitely sense a presence.  He (I think it was a "he") didn't say much but after a moment I clearly saw (sensed) a young Hispanic man, no more than 25 I'd say.  He was standing against what looked like a tile wall with some type of utensils, maybe for cooking.  I thought it might have been the back kitchen area of a "greasy spoon diner". I also clearly got a name, Pablo Cortez.  He looked scared and confused, and wouldn't respond to my attempts to contact him and introduce myself.  I thought of what I might say to get his attention, and what came to mind was to ask for my order.  So I said, "Hey, where's my food?".  At this, he turned and looked at me and said "who are you?".  I introduced myself and asked him if he knew what had happened to him, and if I could help him.  All he said was he wanted to speak to his mother.  My guide had been there all along so I introduced the helper as his mom.  After that things went a bit hazy.  I asked the guide for some information that would help me verify this experience and I got the reply of Tempe, Arizona.

I'm assuming the guide took him to the Park in Focus 27 from there.  Unfortunately I didn't get anything on how Pablo died or why he got stuck.  Perhaps there was a kitchen fire in the restaurant but I'm not sure - he didn't look burned, he appeared normal when I saw him.

The interesting thing is that I did a death records search and found a Pablo Cortez born in 1951 and died 1974, which would match what I remember was the setting of the scene, but no other info on the circumstances of his death.  I'm still trying to find more information on him...

That pretty much covers it - I'm blown away that I had the experience at all.  Wow Shocked

All the Best,
Dean

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Re: My first retrieval (during Bruce's Workshop)
Reply #1 - May 4th, 2016 at 1:47pm

Hi Dean,

I think your experience sounds just fine, so don't worry how you compare to others.  I loved your reaction in the workshop when you were sharing your experience because it was clearly apparent how moved you were by what you had experienced, and clear that you really believed what you experienced was real.  To me that's always the best part.  I think researching and verifying facts is definitely important and pretty darn incredible, but the feeling inside you of your experience itself is also pretty incredible.  As you can tell, it's not easy investigating death records.  I've tried so many times and it seems it's not very convenient unless someone has the most unusual name in the world.

I was really impressed that you came up with a way on the spot of how to connect with the young man.  I always have trouble with that part.  But you played right into his reality and got his attention.  That was neat. 

Sounds like a classic retrieval to me.

Vicky
Smiley

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Whatisreality

ALK Member

Flyover Country
Reply #2 - May 4th, 2016 at 5:31pm

Thanks Vicky!

It certainly was a cool experience.  I'm glad I had the opportunity to go to the class and meet you, Bruce and everyone.  And I'm still surprised that I had the experience I shared above - this was such a new thing for me, even considering that I read Bruce's books so I had some idea of what to expect.

Looking forward to more adventures Smiley

IP Logged

seagull
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 4th, 2016 at 7:13pm

I greatly appreciate your record of your first retrieval (and all others). For someone who has done a few retrievals it is especially interesting to hear these kinds of details, and to understand that there are differences in individual styles. For me, my experiences never included exactly "where" the person went after the initial interaction and sequence of events. Some were more detailed than others. But, the trust that is necessary to complete the "mission" requires a particular kind of balance between awareness of the individual self and acceptance of the role I play. It is not for me to say where someone ends up, so open-mindedness is essential. But, you don't give up who you are entirely. As you pointed out, it took your own initiative to get the person's attention.

Again, thank you. It is not easy to share such experiences when they are so experimental. You are obviously left with a very positive impression of your experience, a feeling that you may have done something useful and helpful. I think that is real, and I applaud you for your effort.

IP Logged

Whatisreality

ALK Member

Flyover Country
Reply #4 - May 5th, 2016 at 12:33pm

Thank you Seagull, after having a couple weeks to digest what happened I can say it was both an interesting and "eye-opening" experience.  I'm happy to share whatever I can...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.