Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ruth Larkin, Boston psychic (Read 6559 times)
Lucy

C1
Ruth Larkin, Boston psychic
May 20th, 2013 at 3:29am

The article in the MetroWest paper was reprinted at Globe web site. Maybe more people are finding this sort of thing interesting and acceptable.

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/news/x522266449/Medway-psychic-says-she-uses-g...

Her website:
http://www.beantownmedium.com/

IP Logged

isee
Ex Member

Re: Ruth Larkin, Boston psychic
Reply #1 - May 20th, 2013 at 7:25am

Thank you for the article and the link, Lucy. This is interesting. I would like to see more reports of successful psychic interventions like these. I do wonder, however, why she characterizes herself as a "regular" person in the same sentence (as quoted in the article) as mentioning that she reads a bible everyday. The article mentions early on that she was raised in a strict Catholic setting. Perhaps the "outing" of a successful Catholic psychic somehow legitimizes the work?

I'm sure that was not the point that was being made, but it does make me wonder. It's almost as if the story can't be told without subtly disparaging some unknown psychic who doesn't read a bible everyday.

Of course, my comment could just be defensiveness and contrariness on my part.

I did find the article interesting and can't imagine how much relief she must bring to bereaved parents if her talents are normally as clearly expressed as the story in the article. Walking into a party and identifying a person's deceased son standing behind them is impressive.

But, how much does she charge now for her services? She quit her "day job" to do this kind of work, as well as other energy work.

She mentions that she wants to gather a group of psychics together to assist with police and detective work.

If she is successful in that goal, and the results add up, all the power to her.

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Re: Ruth Larkin, Boston psychic
Reply #2 - May 22nd, 2013 at 8:12am

Hi

Recently a West Coast (US) psychic has received a lot of criticism because she misled some people about the deaths of their loved ones. Her impressions were absolutely wrong.

So this newspaper article seems to me to be a public relations piece to help show that some psychics are OK. According to the review at the bottom of her site, she involves a lot of caring for her client. Maybe that fills in the gaps, so to speak.

Thanks for bringing this up, Lucy and Isee !

Anyone who regularly calls up these abilities on demand for strangers is using sensitive abilities that might not stand up to such heavy use. That’s why we want to learn to use our own abilities rather than relying on strangers.

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.