Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
afterlife communication from Billy Fingers (Read 5872 times)
Lucy

C1
afterlife communication from Billy Fingers
Apr 26th, 2013 at 1:43am

Here's a new book that sounds really interesting.

Has anyone read it yet?

Watch the promo!

http://www.afterlifeofbillyfingers.com/

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Re: afterlife communication from Billy Fingers
Reply #1 - Apr 26th, 2013 at 1:20pm

Hey Lucy,

I have not read it, but the promo sounded really interesting!  Did this just come out?  As an aside, I always envy how people promote their stuff, wish I was good at that.

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 26th, 2013 at 5:46pm

The first thing I do when a new book comes out, regardless of subject matter, is to check out the reviews on Amazon.

And I start with the lowest rated reviews and work upward.

On this one, I'm less inclined to buy it than I would if I had just seen the promotion, or read the 5 star reviews.  To me, there is just a bit too much evidence that it's lacking in credibility.

The reviewers, btw, were not just people who like to be negative for its own sake.  They all made good points that at least should be considered before deciding to buy.

I've read many books along this line and I have to say, very few of them lived up to the hype.

R

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #3 - Apr 26th, 2013 at 5:57pm

Hey Rondele,

Good point and thanks for reminding me of that.  I ALWAYS check out www.goodreads.com before reading a book.  It's a site I really like.  Haven't checked out Amazon reviews as much for some reason.  Guess I could branch out a little  Smiley  glad you brought that up.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #4 - May 9th, 2013 at 5:09am

Well, if you are looking for something that comes up to the level of sophistication for the readers here, this might not be an exciting book. I didn't read the reviews, but they might not be great because if one is familiar with the literature, there is nothing basically new here, in that, person dies and finds out life goes on without the body, end of story. And is there great objective proof that Randi would be impressed by? I think not.

The story is highly personal. But for someone not familiar with the literature, that might be fine. If you are not familiar with all the writing on life after death, this could be an exciting glimpse into a new idea. The evidence in this sort of case is always beter if you live it.

In addition, I would hope Raymond Moody and Bill Guggenheim would not lend thier names to anything that did not "ring true" or was fabricated. Moody wrote an intro, Guggenheim is on the book cover.

That said there is novel information in this book, and insights if you are willing to dig for them 9ie read stuff that is not novel to you).

Billy's "last" life was as a druggie, and he makes a point of saying we here don't know what a person's intent in choosing a particular life might be, so we shouldn't judge a person on external things. When he died at 62, he skipped Focus 27, so to speak, and went to a state I don't recall many others describing.  Then he got a light body and dictated more of his part of the book. The author's experiences surely were earth-shaking for her!

So, nothing earth-shattering there but if you get a chance it might be fun to look it over.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #5 - May 9th, 2013 at 10:13am

Lucy wrote on May 9th, 2013 at 5:09am:
If you are not familiar with all the writing on life after death, this could be an exciting glimpse into a new idea.

Lucy, that's another good point.  There's so much available in this day and age to get someone's attention on these subjects.  If you don't resonate with one, you'll find someone else.  People are going to be drawn to whatever they feel comfortable or familiar with, and it'll open their mind.  It only takes one thing to spark your curiosity and set you on a path of discovery.

I remember when I bought Bruce's first book in like 1998, and I couldn't get into it.  I thought he must be another jerk just trying to make money.  But 6 years later I read it and loved it.  It's because I was finally ready for it by then, and I found that Bruce was describing things that I had experienced too.  So we just never know what's going to get our attention or when we're ready for something.

I do find that I'm skeptical and judgmental about other people's experiences if they are talking about things I have no experience with, since I myself have no frame of reference for what they're describing.  I imagine we're all like that.  Now that I think about it, I used to be a huge skeptic and very, very cynical.   Roll Eyes

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #6 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 10:02am

I decided to get the book and I think it is interesting. At first it is not really anything I haven't read before. It is just an easy read. Sometimes the way Billy words things puts a new angle on it.

In one passage he says...this is only a small part...

"... Earth, the conditions there, traps you in limitation. For me, there seem to be no limitations, only potential. That's because God, or Spirit, or whatever you choose to call it, is undeniable where I am..."

So one thing I take from that is that one way to define earth is that it is the place where one can deny Spirit. And I start wondering how that could have been created. Like, what happened in the Big Bang that made a place where Spirit can be denied? Is it something in the atoms?

Guess I like asking odd questions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.