Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I have a belief I need to destroy - please help! (Read 5664 times)
DreamBliss

ALK Member

I have a belief I need to destroy - please help!
Apr 13th, 2012 at 9:03pm

I am reading Moen's, "Aferlife Knowledge Guidebook" and am going through the part about beliefs and belief system crashes.

I have decided to accept Mr. Moen's statements as truth, and this means I have an Aspect of Self that is preventing me from fully astrally projecting. I think I even suspect where the root lies.

When I was a child I'm almost positive I was taken out of my body by force by malevolent entities, put in a tomato box and taken through my closet, floating off the ground. In the closet it was all flames, screams, probably stuff I have blocked out.

I may have created an Aspect of Self that in protects the belief that leaving the body will hurt me, or scare me, or something. I know I have some sort of block and this as as likely a suspect as anything else.

I also, like the example of a man from one of the workshops, have a religious background and upbringing to deal with.

I will try having a conversation with the aspect before and during my next projection attempt. However this is not my preferred approach. I would rather tackle this head on. Give me a double bladed war ax or a a war hammer, not a knife and a stick. I would prefer to crash and burn my way through this.

To do so I have to have an experience that conflicts with this belief, according to Moen. So in this case the solution is very simple, but harder to execute. I need someone to come to me and pull me out of my body. They have to be able to protect themselves and me, to ensure that the experience, after being ripped out, is positive. That should conflict with the belief and cause the needed crash.

If you are willing to do this for me, and I can not express how grateful I would be, just PM me and ask for anything you need. My first name, a picture, my general location - whatever it may be. Please note I am highly protective of my personal information on the internet so only ask for what you need, what will make it easier to target me, and keep whatever I share between us.

Once again I really do appreciate your help!
- DreamBliss
« Last Edit: Apr 14th, 2012 at 3:50am by DreamBliss »  

IP Logged

PauliEffectt

ALK Member

Re: I have a belief I need to destroy - please help!
Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 9:37am

You could also ask for a guide to do it, or at least do it imaginatively. Also if you see
a hindrance, a guard or something which blocks you, you could try to force yourself
past it. I eventually did so and met someone I had been a little afraid of meeting
astrally.

Sending PUL to whatever blocks you may also help. Embracing, Accepting and
absorbing whatever you think is your Aspect may help, too.

Do it while being at a quite place.

IP Logged

DreamBliss

ALK Member

Reply #2 - Apr 15th, 2012 at 3:27am

I struggled for a little bit today coming up a mantra to help me. Appreciate your thoughts on this:

"Today I am free of any interfering beliefs. "

This intention may seem very simple, but it is very carefully constructed. I use of instead of from because from implies I have interfering beliefs, it focuses on the negative. Of seems more positive, and opens this to freeing me of the interfering beliefs of others as well as my own. Of course any instead of all for the same reason - using the positive wording.

Just want to get a second opinion on this. I think this is the best way to unhook and disentangle myself from any belief interfering with me. Going to see what happens during dreaming tonight (haven't been able to become lucid for a while now) and will make a projection attempt when I wake up tomorrow.
- DreamBliss

IP Logged

DreamBliss

ALK Member

Reply #3 - Apr 15th, 2012 at 8:37pm

OK during my first attempt to day I had a talk to any aspects of self that hold interfering beliefs. I reasoned with them, although I can not provide the details here. I helped them understand that they could still protect us, but in a different way than they had. That they had to let go, like the first time I learned to ride a bike, and stop worrying about whether or not we get hurt.

Ultimately I gave them a little free will. I told them that could retain their interfering beliefs, re-integrate with me and die, destroying the beliefs they held, or they could change their beliefs to positive, supportive ones that helped me. If they changed them they could even team up if they wanted to with each other and me, if they thought that was a good idea, with the intention here to make us stronger, like a team.

I pointed out that with this strength we would be able to handle any danger we encounter, that death is nothing to fear, that nothing out there could destroy the real me, that we would live on, whatever happened, in some form or other.

I think, after my second attempt today which I will cover in another post, that this process has worked, along with my intention, very effectively.

What are your thoughts on this?
- DreamBliss

IP Logged

PauliEffectt

ALK Member

Reply #4 - Apr 16th, 2012 at 5:58am

Well, it's better to try something than to do nothing. Smiley

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #5 - Jul 20th, 2012 at 2:18am

DreamBliss wrote on Apr 13th, 2012 at 9:03pm:
I am reading Moen's, "Aferlife Knowledge Guidebook" and am going through the part about beliefs and belief system crashes.

I will try having a conversation with the aspect before and during my next projection attempt. However this is not my preferred approach. I would rather tackle this head on.

To do so I have to have an experience that conflicts with this belief, according to Moen. So in this case the solution is very simple, but harder to execute. I need someone to come to me and pull me out of my body. They have to be able to protect themselves and me, to ensure that the experience, after being ripped out, is positive. That should conflict with the belief and cause the needed crash.

Hi DreamBliss,

Sometimes trying something new gives us the benefit of beginner's luck, or "dumb luck".  Beginner's luck works best when you jump right into something with a little attitude of "Oh I can totally do this!" even if you don't have a clue what you're doing.  Yeah, especially if you don't have a clue what you're doing.   Smiley    So in that case, you just kind of fake it.  Just make it up as you go.  Especially make up inside yourself that what you're doing is going to accomplish what you want it to. 

You can use pretending by closing your eyes and imagining that you are going to have an out of body experience and all will go well.  So picture yourself lying down sleeping, imagine getting up out of your body and walking away and looking back at your sleeping body.  Imagine that everything went well and you have no fear.  Even though you know you're pretending, this kind of mental work will do real work toward helping that aspect of self overcome its fear. 

For instance, I am not a fan of being under water nor holding my breath.  Let alone combining the two.  I tried and tried and tried to learn to snorkle and couldn't even do it.  I instinctively kept holding my breath even though I knew I didn't have to.  Holding my breath made it impossible to snorkle, so that's what I did.  I have no idea where my irrational behavior comes from, and I don't even think it's just fear.  I don't feel afraid of water.  I just simply don't want to be under it.  But if I really, really wanted to work on this, I could, even though I don't know what aspect of self is responsible for this and how to find it.  What I could do is make time each day to pretend, imagine, and fantsize that I'm practicing going under water, snorkling, or doing something like that.  I could imagine that it's going perfectly well and there's nothing to be afraid of, no reason to make up obsticles that get in the way.  I would think that it would go a long way toward re-programming something in me about my fear. 

Another approach with the same idea is that even if you were to just imagine doing a retrieval of some aspect of self, even if you didn't experience direct or convincing proof to yourself that what you imagined actually did anything, just the fact that you mentally walked yourself through it would have a direct effect.  It would work.  It would only need to be done once.  Once you trust that, it opens you up to moving on from that point.  Moving forward.  Sometimes we only are holding onto something because we keep thinking and reinforcing it, not because it actually has some real hold over us.  I think it's kind of like when Monroe would say to put your worries and problems in a box and leave them there for the time being, as part of the prep work for doing exploration work.  If you just think about it, that sounds so dumb, so impossible.  How can I actually just put my worries aside?  That doesn't make them disappear!  But the point is that when you practice imagining doing that, and you reinforce it with the trust, desire, and belief that it is doing good for you even though you aren't really aware of it, that trust and belief goes a long way toward making the necessary changes in you which help you move along.  I even imagine doing that even when I'm not doing any kind of exploration work.  Just imagining putting my worries and problems aside amidst a normal day can help me move along and enjoy the moment.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that whatever imagination method you make up and use for yourself will do the work you intend for it.  The trick is to put your belief in it.  Just want it to be, and it will be.  Then move on. 

I hope you've found success in your attempts.   

Vicky

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Focus27

ALK Member

Reply #6 - Jul 24th, 2012 at 9:03pm

PauliEffectt wrote on Apr 14th, 2012 at 9:37am:
You could also ask for a guide to do it, or at least do it imaginatively.

I can do anything "imaginatively." It's so easy!

Sadly, this has no basis in reality.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.