Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Moving beyond Christian beliefs... (Read 13322 times)
WaterCreature

ALK Member

Re: Moving beyond Christian beliefs...
Reply #15 - Jul 22nd, 2012 at 2:05pm

Hey Matthew,

Yep, I agree; we all are love.
But most of us don't even know. My thoughts on this are; Most people are wearing masks; they put them on in early childhood and never took them off. Others built walls around themselves. They felt they had to, to be accepted or to not get hurt. The thing is people who do not allow themselves to be themselves (to be free) will not allow others to be themselves either, so the misery spreads. It's the old - if I gotta be miserable, you gotta be miserable, too.
Not being yourself; hiding your true self means hiding love.
So basically "socialization" the way it's done today means putting conditions to love.

I still have hope though when I see children. They may be pretty mean sometimes and what we call selfish, but especially the little ones will love anyone who comes their way. So there will always be a chance for change.

All in all it's a cold world though and I'm not sure what to do about it.

As to soul mates; I do not strive for being everything; I want to keep some color; some individuality. But that also means not everybody will feel or want to feel close to me. So having someone who always understands feels like the cozy sofa by the fire place.

WaterCreature

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 11:42am

I agree it's often helpful to move out of limited, narrow, and especially indoctrinated beliefs and belief systems, but perhaps sometimes we too quickly throw the baby out with the bath water? 

Meaning, i don't call myself a "Christian" and there are many religious beliefs i don't believe and other beliefs i do have which aren't part of any organized Christian belief systems, but through internal guidance and experience i've learned that the one called Jesus was the most spiritually mature and intune Consciousness to live in the Earth so far as a fellow human and that a open look and focus on his example and pattern can only be helpful as long as one doesn't fall into belief system traps associated with specific sects, dogma, groups etc.

Does one necessarily need to look at or consider this particular example to grow, no, but it's been my experience in a number of lives now, that a focus on same can help speed up one's own growth patterns provided one actually tries to live like he did and does. 

It is a deep and repeated intuition that i've had that we can grow and choose to become just like him, fully and completed attuned to Source and fully consciously aware of the Oneness of life ("physical" and "nonphysical").  Others have completed this process, both in this and especially other systems.

Along those lines, i've been told by those who have completed this process, that we don't lose all individuality or sense of self when this process is complete, as some believe--just that we know ourselves to be ourselves and yet fully One with all others at the same time. 

Along the lines that Matthew was more trying to subtly point out, holding on too much to any kind of special relationship or connection with just one being, will and can only limit ones own growth towards that ideal and very destiny of all. 

I'm fortunate to be in a close, partner type relationship with my "Twin Soul" in this inphysical life this time around, but i know that one of the reasons of why i am, is to help increase my awareness of Oneness with others in a more universal sense.  If i and/or she becomes too focused on each other, i get the sense that one of us will be taken out of the equation so to speak.

There have been plenty of times wherein we have not been together in the same life, or we were but not in the way we have wanted (as lovers).  There were always reasons why, and greater growth was always the goal.  It's difficult to be in that situation, but greater focus on Universal Love always brings healing, greater awareness, and a peace eventually.

IP Logged

deric

ALK Member

Reply #17 - Aug 18th, 2012 at 9:32am

I used to be terrified to turn away from my faith. The Bible gives a very narrow view, Heaven or Hell - that's it - that's what most churches preach. So if you are not a Christian you go to hell

This must be what you call a belief system.  There must be more than one Christianity then because I've never thought that way and wasn't taught that way. For Dreambliss though it's real and the way it is.  About the only thing I put my money on from Christianity is what love can do or the golden rule and that's because I've seen the evidence when I apply it.  Didn't someone say there are as many religions as there are people?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.