Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Concept of God in Christian Beliefs (Read 12039 times)
Oliver
Ex Member

Concept of God in Christian Beliefs
Nov 23rd, 2011 at 7:12pm

I always thought that the concept of 'God' in Christian belief systems comprises the following attributes:
1. omnipresence.
2. omniscience.
3. omnipotence.
I had assumed these to be commonly accepted cornerstone axioms in all Christian belief systems and was quite surprised and confused and disturbed when I read things like this: http://www.biblestudy.org/theplainertruth/is-god-everywhere-at-the-same-time.htm...

There may be two fundamentally different concepts of 'God':
(A) the mystical view: unio mystica: God as the holographic All-Being that has two aspects: 1. Void, 2. Creation.
(B) the personal view: God as a worldly person, being located in space-time, having different behaviour, moods, attitudes at different times, behaving particularly towards individuals.

This latter view (B) seems to be the one which is displayed in the Old Testament of the bible.
The (A) view seems closer to the New Testament. I don't feel sure about Jesus' references about his "Father", whether he meant a "higher being" of which he himself was created in a vertical relationship and which then could not be the (A) view God?
Or did he refer to God as his Father in a mystical view (A)?
Or both?
I feel certain that Jesus was not referring to the Old Testament 'God' who rather seems like a too powerful immature pubertary youth throwing tantrums every now and then.

I find it difficult to grasp why people in Christian communities go so far to close their eyes at such severe incongruencies in the Old Testament and explain them away with a fervor as if their life depends on it. It is regarded as blasphemy to question these traditional beliefs about 'God' which are not even clearly defined. Most Christian churches' beliefs seem to be a very instable house of cards that collapses easily when looking too closely at it. But why?
I can't understand this logically, these sort of belief systems seem like a psychological endless loop which perpetuates a certain situation of running in a circle, like in a treadmill.

Furthermore, I'm now getting more and more engaged in such a church and don't know how to deal with it. Feels like a Hollow Heaven belief system. Difficult to deal with.

IP Logged

Pat E.

Northern California
Re: Concept of God in Christian Beliefs
Reply #1 - Nov 24th, 2011 at 2:40am

Oliver, bail out of that church now, before it's too late!!

IP Logged

Oliver
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 24th, 2011 at 8:23am

No, I have to follow my guidance, I receive clear signals from my guidance telling me that I shall engage with this church and shuffle it up a bit, it's a challenging task, for me and for the people in the church who listen to me, because I shake their beliefs. The people in this church are very nice and friendly and seem to have a deep spiritual heart connection, but their beliefs block their progress, someone has to speak to them. My guidance is very clear about this.

IP Logged

Justin aka Vasya
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 24th, 2011 at 3:49pm

Why can't God be both a Universal Oneness and presence, and also a personal, individual Consciousness?

One of the things i have learned, is that there is both a God and Gods.  When we fully attune ourselves to PUL, in a sense we remerge with Source Consciousness (not that we were ever actually separated, but we did create false, temporal walls in our own consciousness), and we become Gods and help Source to create and expand new and unique realities and individual consciousnesses to grow in them.

Christ, the Disk or Expanded self of Yeshua's, is a Co-Creator God, the first one to remerge with Source a very, very long time ago, and happened to Co-Create this Universe.

In a sense, in this Universe for us, the Christ Spirit is the personal aspect of Source.

In other Universes, other Co-Creator Gods may plan similar roles for their co-creations.

Since we were sparked off by and made in the image of Source, perhaps it's safe to assume that the original Creative Consciousness (what i call "Source"), is also to some extent an individual and "thinking" Consciousness?

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #4 - Nov 25th, 2011 at 7:34pm

In the link above that blog writer mixes a quote from Genesis with a metaphor about today's electronic media, and then comes up with his own conclusion. He even seems to disregard the quote that God is everywhere in spirit. That writer/blogger seems to jump around alot !  But his jumping around points out that it's hard to think of an omniscient God-filled Everywhere/Everything.

Perhaps the Genesis writer had focussed on a particular 'place' for God because he couldn't write about God covering everything all at once.  You could ask your 'congregation' how they would write to show God's Omnipresence, etc. Trick question, as perhaps it's not possible, since writing moves with linear logic and God's nature is beyond the linear.

You, unlike those church members, are moving beyond linear experiences based in the physical world. You and other afterlife explorers go on into your own experiences of  the evidences of omnipresence, omnipotence, and omniscience while you're in your afterlife states.
Omni-this and that are not just words to you as they are to people outside those experiences.

Perhaps the best thing we can do for others whose consciousness is stuck in the physical is to gently dissolve their edges of the physical world, so they can move more easily into wider awareness.

For example, they themselves are not  existing in just one spot and time. Because they use electronic communications, because they pray and dream, because they have and give memories, etc, then  they are existing through their influences in many places at once. So much more so does the power of God!

Once their locus focus is expanded like that, perhaps some then might want to expand their range even further with meditations, OBing, retrievals etc.

Issues of the spirit are best when explored  Smiley
« Last Edit: Nov 26th, 2011 at 6:35am by betson »  

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Oliver
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Nov 27th, 2011 at 6:07am

Justin, betson:
Thank you for your valuable remarks, I have some food for thought now for a while, and also I started reading in the OT and discovering a vast treasure of historic material, pointing towards a possibility that there were many interventions of beings with modern technology who communicated with the people mentioned in OT, maybe those were E.T.'s, or an older terrestrian civilization that disapperead from earth later on.
Comparing information with some other materials gives a lot of material for deeper historical research by intuitive means.
It seems crystal clear to me now that the "Lord" of the OT is in no case the God or Father of Jesus. Also Jesus very often directly opposes the commandments and laws of the OT God or Gods in many points.

betson: yes, "gently dissolve their edges of the physical world" - true, good strategy, thought in that direction, too.

Justin: Jesus' Father being His Higher Self (-> "disk") feels plausible. I'm thinking of researching the structures of the "higher" planes more thoroughly and scientifically, I think there might be more clarification possible towards understanding the nature of the levels of evolution and the nature of God and Creation and the levels of consciousness and the existence and work of conscious beings on all different levels of existence, and the interferences between the levels, or between adjacent levels at least.
For example, all the many references to "God" in the OT could mean communication with next-higher level of consciousness, like with the "Higher Self" or "Disk" or "I/There". - or it could also mean communications with E.T.'s. - or it could mean both, sometimes this, sometimes that.

Thanks for your valuable inputs, looking forward to read more of your thoughts on the matter and hopefully coming to clarifying conclusions together... Smiley

IP Logged

Justin aka Vasya
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Dec 1st, 2011 at 10:35pm

Quote:
Justin: Jesus' Father being His Higher Self (-> "disk") feels plausible. 

Hi there Oliver,

That's not really what i was trying to convey.  I suspect that the "Father" Yeshua referenced to was the original consciousness, the creative spark that set all into motion.  I call this "Source".  Yeshua is very clear about making a distinction between his individuality  and existence and his "Fathers'", yet he affirms that he has become one with that Consciousness through living PUL perfectly. 

What i was saying also is that i've learned that Yeshua's "Disk" is the Co-Creator of this particular Universes.  Yeshua's Disk knew this Oneness with Source, well before he ever entered as a human.  He became human, and let himself cover over a certain amount of attunement to Source, in order to provide a powerful human example of a way back to that at-one-ness with Source and PUL Consciousness, and the way to the "Father" is through PUL.

There are other Universes and realities, co created by other "Disks".   In a sense, Yeshua and his Disk is no different than us--we have the same or similar potential to become Co Creator Gods.  The only difference is that his Consciousness and Disk was of those that separated but the first to fully remerge with Source aka God.  He's always been a sort of Mozart of spiritual growth, for whatever reason.   

We will remember and do similar as we grow. 

Regarding the OT vs the NT and all that, i suspect it's not as black and white as many, both religious and non religious, seem to make it out as. 

I suspect it's a curious admixture of E.T. influences, Disk influences, Source influences, and of course limited human interpetation and perceptions. 

You may be curious to know that Edgar Cayce's guidance often indicated that the Disk that Yeshua is part of, had other lives in ancient times and influenced the O.T. in various ways.  Now was his other personalities always PUL filled like he was in his life as Yeshua, definitely NOT--these other selves of his erred sometimes and weren't always completely attuned to PUL, but spiritual teachers and leaders nonetheless. 

IP Logged

Oliver
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 12:32pm

Hi Justin,

thx for clarification, it feels realistic.

BTW, i had an idea coming up, a vision, about a revolutionary change in Christian religion, not unlike what was started by Martin Luther about year 1500 or so:
The idea is to recompile the bible, separating the OT and NT into different books, regarding the OT as a sort of historical source instead of a source for religious teachings, and enhancing the NT by including the Apocrypha and many other texts that were found later.

Texts could be classified according to the sort of material, for example: Texts with Jesus' direct teachings/words; Visionary texts like the Apokalypse; commentaries; letters of the Apostles; etc.
The different classes of texts would have different ranks of authority in usage as teaching material, for example Jesus' words would be regarded as highest authority.

The project could be implemented as a sort of scientific open source project, and like a Wikipedia-type growing and evolving publication, and something like what the W3C (WWW-Consortium) does, issuing authorized versions of the new bible periodically, e.g. every year or so, and consisting of core texts that remain stable for longer times than texts under currently ongoing research.
Do you get the idea?

Realizing this idea is far beyond my capabilities, but i think that as what happens with inventions, if some people get same or similar new ideas then sooner or later someone will start to implement them.

best Smiley
oliver

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #8 - Dec 15th, 2011 at 5:50am

That's an interesting idea, Oliver 

Re: "Texts could be classified according to the sort of material..."

Would these key verses be in their same order, only color-coded?
Or grouped by topic or source?

Shakespeare

IP Logged

Oliver
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Dec 15th, 2011 at 6:52am

Hi Bets,

the texts might be tagged somehow and grouped together. The point is that there should be clarity about the sort of text and to "which God" the text refers to, what is its contents, is it OT or NT, is it a description of historic events, is it a vision, or what else.
The idea came up when browsing through the bible and noticing that all sorts of texts from different sources are part of the bible, OT and NT, and that in all texts there is reference to "The Lord", and that it seems that this tag "Lord" is used in many different contexts and for different sorts of things and that in Christian churches it is treated as if "Lord" and "Lord" in different contexts is always one and the same thing, and I am more than sure that it is not the same thing, and I think there is a lot of confusion in Christian religion about this.

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #10 - Dec 18th, 2011 at 7:00pm

I agree with you, Oliver.

Strange that with so many copies printed that some publisher hasn't attempted something at least similiar.  Wink Any 'reorganization' of the bible may require a  council of Trent or two thousand to make it acceptable. 

There's a bible bookstore near me so I'll try to find out some sample forms of indexing already available. Maybe that would show a publisher willing to try such a project.   Wink  I've tried browsing there before and they about threw me out --made me wonder if maybe it's a front for some other activity. But now I have a goal.

Shakespeare

IP Logged

Oliver
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Dec 19th, 2011 at 8:26am

Hi Bets,

I think an open Internet based project would be appropriate, like wikipedia. It should not be something depending on a specific publisher, or on a restricted exclusive group of people.

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #12 - Dec 19th, 2011 at 12:39pm

Woops,

yes, you did say that.  Apologies, I forgot. I just didn't want the idea to pass away.

So how does that start?  A little(digital) acorn like a blog?

Shakespeare

IP Logged

Oliver
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 9:21am

no idea, got no experience with such things, no time either, only spread a seed of thought and see if it falls on fertile ground...

IP Logged

Rob_Roy

New Hampshire, USA
Reply #14 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 1:49pm

I agree that the OT and NT should be separated, with the exceptions of the Psalms and Proverbs which I think should be included with the NT (renamed appropriately).

I agree that all the books should be sorted, categorized, and ranked and other books included. This would undo the undue influence of the proto-orthodox church, which influenced the bishops who finalized the canon, claiming they were doing nothing new, just reflecting the 'Spirit of the Church.' Sort of like having a cart and then deciding they needed the proverbial horse (or donkey!). Sorry for that. I did a tour in Iraq and couldn't help noticing the donkey carts! Oh, did I mention Constantine and Theodosius?

But but but...you said something about giving priority to the words of Jesus. That sounds well and good but we can't be sure which were the actual words of Jesus. When you get into textual research, determining the actual words become a daunting task (manuscripts differences, transcriptional errors, interpolations, ect.). That's not to mention what was said by the apostles. Short of direct input from Guidance I'm not sure how such a project could have the integrity required. Great idea though. Maybe there is someone who could pull it off. Not trying to shoot down your idea, although it sounds like I am. I actually love it! I just see huge problems in the execution.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.