Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hereafter (Read 5839 times)
Pat E.

Northern California
Hereafter
Apr 26th, 2011 at 1:14am

If you haven't seen the Clint Eastwood directed film, "Herafter", my advice is don't bother.  It had a few good points, but was extremely "weak tea" as far as the afterlife aspect.  If you already accept the afterlife as real and are looking for something new or even interesting in that regard, then this film will disappoint.  The plotlines were so-so at best, and the ending left a lot to be desired (well, there was a bit of desiring going on, but from my seat it was unsatisfactory).  I was hoping for more, but this wasn't it.

IP Logged

Justin aka Vasya
Ex Member

Re: Hereafter
Reply #1 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 2:39am

Oh (wo)man! i just rented that movie earlier today, but planned on watching it tomorrow (well actually later 'today' at this point).

I want my dollar back!   Angry Grin   

Did you see Charlie St Cloud?  If so, what did you think of it?

I thought it had some pretty weak or illogical points in the plot, but dealt with stuckness and retrieval in an interesting way, plus the nice little twist at the end (though somewhat predictable).

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #2 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 4:24pm

Yeah, the movie wasn't that great.

Matt Damon played an unwilling medium named George, and I wonder if the writers/creators had George Anderson in mind when they selected the name George.

The film was good in that it made the point that even though there are plenty of mediums and psychics who are fakes, there are some people who have genuine ability.

IP Logged

Pat E.

Northern California
Reply #3 - Apr 27th, 2011 at 1:49am

Albert,  I agree with your good point, but I don't expect regular posters on this forum need to be made aware of that point.

I guess for some folks the movie might cause them to look at things, like the afterlife, psychics, etc. in a new, more positive way, but again, those folks aren't the posters on this forum.

IP Logged

Nanner

Theres only AGAPE

Hamburg, Germany
Reply #4 - Apr 27th, 2011 at 1:19pm

I watched the movie a few weeks ago on DVD and although I too thought it had been a bit weak, (especially because of the french)  I did find some intertaining thoughts swirling around my day because of it.

Heres some corners to glimps around maybe.
I found it interesting how "the right people always find each other at the right moment, or phase in their lives for to go the next step "... co-incidence? - doubtfully my way of perception.

I was thrilled to see that the kids understanding level was higher, when searching on the internet for Life after Death topics and had been able to difference the Bullpoop from the more serious avenues and how he felt jerked right away by the Medium.

What startled me a bit had been when she went floating thru the water looking up and seeing the Teddy Bear floating towards her. I thought to myself Hmmm... I had always been under the impression the Soul leaves the body - so why is she seeing this from that perspective...?

Anything you guys noticed ... ? What thoughts did it spark other than running to the bathroom wanting to barf?

Smiley
Nanner

IP Logged

Justin aka Vasya
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Apr 27th, 2011 at 1:36pm

Nanner!  I was just thinking about you yesterday and wondering where the hey you went to and thinking i wish she posted here still. 

I hope everything is going well for you.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #6 - Apr 27th, 2011 at 1:39pm

Nanner:

Good point about the kid. He had pretty good discrimination.

IP Logged

Nanner

Theres only AGAPE

Hamburg, Germany
Reply #7 - Apr 29th, 2011 at 10:57am

Quote:
  Nanner!  I was just thinking about you yesterday and wondering where the hey you went to and thinking i wish she posted here still. 

I hope everything is going well for you.

@Justin, dont try to sneak that "not talking about the kitty cat" past me...lol..  Wink

I guess I felt it loud and clear that you thought loud and clear "Nnnnaaaaaaner" in your mind. Its a perfect "Soul-u-tion" when we communicate like that - just please not everyone at the same time...lol.or I`ll go >>  Cheesy

Yes, glad to stop by every chance I get or did you really think I dont miss my old friends? Come on you know me better than that.

I have a lot of catching up to do to reading to see what page everyone is on. (Thank Goodness of the Universe that I am a speed reader.)
Hugs to all,
Nanner

IP Logged

Nanner

Theres only AGAPE

Hamburg, Germany
Reply #8 - Apr 29th, 2011 at 11:00am

recoverer wrote on Apr 27th, 2011 at 1:39pm:
Nanner:

Good point about the kid. He had pretty good discrimination.

@ Recoverer - yeah I agree and find he really did. I mean at his age I probably wouldnt have thought like that at all. But he searched and searched until he found something that "resonated within". Thats how I read it anyway. Maybe kids now in our time are more conscience then we really give attention to.

Smiley
Nanner

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #9 - Apr 30th, 2011 at 12:40am

Ugh, this movie was WAY too slow for me.  But then again, if I had seen it many, many, many years ago I probably would have really liked it.

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Pat E.

Northern California
Reply #10 - Apr 30th, 2011 at 2:11am

Vicky, I agree about the slowness.  But I know on Netflix member reviews, some folks really liked it.  Maybe you have to be in the right audience profile:  perhaps a bit openminded but not very knowledgeable about nonphysical reality.  And I really wanted to like it!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.