Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wrong Answer (Read 5337 times)
Bardo

Wrong Answer
Jan 24th, 2011 at 10:09am

I had a discouraging experience this weekend. I had a long and pretty involved experience, which ended with my asking for some verification (from my step-father), who reluctantly gave me a piece of information. I checked on it when I could, and it turned out to be wrong. Does that invalidate the entire experience? I felt pretty good about it, had spent time with my mother and stepfather, our old dogs and had done a retrieval with my step-father as helper. But to have the "nugget" that he gave me turn out not to be true, well...it draws the whole thing into question, doesn't it? It is a step backwards on my path, I feel.

IP Logged

PauliEffectt

ALK Member

Re: Wrong Answer
Reply #1 - Jan 24th, 2011 at 12:32pm

Do you have any other guide you can ask about this answer?

IP Logged

Bardo

Reply #2 - Jan 24th, 2011 at 4:41pm

Pauli,
Possibly. You think I should "go back" and ask about it?

IP Logged

PauliEffectt

ALK Member

Reply #3 - Jan 24th, 2011 at 8:59pm

It's difficult for me to guess. Maybe the answer is somewhere else than "back"? None of us knows what kind of things we are expected to find out stuff about. And as has been mentioned somewhere before, knowing too much in advance will not result in deep enough an emotional impact.

If there are something more to do there, going "back", well, perhaps I would send PUL into anything strange, covering the area and see what happened.

It could as well be a random distortion.

---
[Eurythmics - Here Comes The Rain Again]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzFnYcIqj6I

IP Logged

black_panther

Melbourne
Reply #4 - Apr 21st, 2011 at 7:57am

Hi Bardo

here's that thing again - verification!!  We all need it from time to time.  If it were my experience i would check how vivid it was and how real it felt.  The fact that you got what you called "wrong" information does not, in my book anyway, invalidate the entire experience.  Sometimes of course we may misinterpret what we get and put our own overlay onto the message, perhaps?

Irene

"Trusting that our lives are divinely guided gives us the courage to surrender our will and have faith that all is happening as it should"&&&&Cheryl Richardson
black+panther  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #5 - Apr 21st, 2011 at 12:17pm

HI Bardo,

You definitely need to take into consideration that the info you got, your "nugget", could have been misinterpreted, either by you afterwards or even as it was coming into your awareness...in which case could be interpreter overlay. 

Interpreter overlay, as you know, is the concept of "nearest similar thing" and when you first perceive it, it's all you get.  We do have the opportunity to ask again during the experience for something else or something more clear, in which case the same info might present itself to you in a different way.

After the fact, I think you could either meditate and focus on the info you got and ask what it means or ask if it could be given to you in a more clear manner.

Also, do you like journaling?  Sometimes just sitting down and beginning to write about youre experience has a way of bringing out information, thoughts, or feelings about something that you weren't aware of.  But when you do this, tell yourself that only you will see this...that way you won't be self conscious and hold anything back.

I agree with Irene, don't disregard the entire experience.  You're still learning and this kind of bump in the road is just part of the process!  Be proud of yourself for how far along you're coming!

Vicky
Smiley

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #6 - Apr 21st, 2011 at 12:18pm

PauliEffectt wrote on Jan 24th, 2011 at 8:59pm:
And as has been mentioned somewhere before, knowing too much in advance will not result in deep enough an emotional impact.

I really love this statement!!

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

tgecks

Dahlonega, Georgia
Reply #7 - Apr 23rd, 2011 at 9:37pm

I have been at workshops (one with Bruce) where no one had a 100% hit. And I was in a group (with Irene, actually) where almost everyone had a 100% hit, at Lifelines at Monroe. I have had times when the information is clear and verifiable, but many times there is incorrect or misinterpreted information. Sometimes I catch this on my after-I-am-back review and writing down of the details as I listen to my recording made during the session (another habit developed at Monroe, but at Guidelines).

Practice is most important, though, and a clear heart. I find that when I have an emotional investment it is more difficult to find my target. I have a friend just now in the ICU after brain surgery hanging out there in Focus 22 (in Monroe-speak), and I am helping her see and talk with her guides, who are all arouns her. She sees them, but I will know tomorrow for sure when I see her at the hospital.

It is the task, remember, not the verification or the password or the dog's name that is the treasure. Peace of mind is wonderful for people who are in pain, and though it is neat to provide a detail so you know you are right on, it does not always happen. Be patient. It will come in time.

Thomas

IP Logged

Volu

Right here and right there
Reply #8 - Apr 24th, 2011 at 11:37am

Hi tgecks,
"It is the task, remember, not the verification or the password or the dog's name that is the treasure."

So set on the latter that the task becomes a lower priority. A good reminder.

Vegetarian is an old indian word for bad hunter.

IP Logged

Bardo

Reply #9 - Apr 25th, 2011 at 8:03am

Thanks to you all for helping me to re-focus on the task of retrieval as an act of assistance to another soul, rather than one of self-fulfillment for me.  I think that that is a very important lesson. The verifications will come, I am very certain of that, as I open my heart to the process.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.