Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Healing for low back pain (Read 17426 times)
recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Healing for low back pain
Reply #15 - Dec 19th, 2010 at 4:53pm

Matthew:

I'm well aware of the manner in which dendrites exist. You don't have to have a doctor's degree to understand how they exist.

Back when I had back pain I went to a back doctor who is supposed to be an expert. Because my x-rays and MRIs didn't show a worn disc, I didn't end up becoming one of his many back surgery patients. He didn't have a clue as to how to help me, so he recommended physical therapy,  pain killers and a cortisone shot. Obviously, the later two do nothing to help a person become better.

I went to physical therapy and it didn't help me. Ironically, my physical therapist missed one of my appointments because his back went out.

As I said before, when I took a psychological/spiritual approach I got better. I have a coworker who has had back surgery performed on her two times by the same doctor I saw. The second time she had an artificial disc installed. It's a few years later and her pain never went away. She just happens to be a lady who has had surgery on the same foot six times and it still troubles her. Cut, cut, cut, take a pill, take a pill, take a pill.

If it wasn't for the fact that I allowed myself to think beyond the limited box the above doctor provides, I would still have pain today and this pain was quite disabling. Considering how much money the above doctor makes by doing numerous surgeries and prescribing pain killers and cortisone shots, I doubt that his mind will ever be open enough to consider alternatives that take mind, body and spirit into consideration.  Instead he'll cling to physiological explanations with great fervor, and his patients will suffer accordingly. It's a shame and in some ways it's a crime.

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #16 - Dec 19th, 2010 at 7:43pm

Albert,

I am truly sorry you have seen sides of medicine which appear ineffective and practitioners who were unhelpful.  Anyone in a healing profession can either be well trained or not, and can be in it for the wrong reasons.

Most good medical texts that discuss back pain do not advise surgery for the vast majority of cases.  It is well known, that since disc material dissolves over months, that if the disc initially causes pressure over a nerve, that things may change later on; those who are advised to get surgery may have such profound weakness that they lose strength and stumble or have lancinating pain that does not respond to conservative treatment. 

I treat low back pain; it is something I see every day.  I know there are some surgeons who will operate on almost everyone who walks in their door.   They are not good physicians.  However, their method of thinking is simply that they were trained to remove the disc fragment or bone spur compressing the nerve, and that is all they do (like a horse with blinders on).  The better surgeons, will weigh everything, and try conservative treatment first, and send many patients away rather than operate (I know several of these "good" surgeons in NYC where I practice).

We should be clear that the surgeon you mentioned was not trying to operate based on a scientific evidence-based approach.   Rather, it was based on being overaggressive and motivated by greed or pride.

As to conservative therapy, I know it works, because I have sent people to physical therapy, given them prescription pills and administered local injections; I have seen many healings.  Admittedly, every doctor is like a "chef," and some "cook" differently than others.  But I have helped many sufferers with chronic back pain.

As many who know me on this board know, I am a firm believer in the use of intent and love to heal, in addition to Western medicine.  I am completely supportive of you using other means to heal your own back problem.  I simply see no reason not to combine western medicine (based on real physical data) with the use of conscious healing intent.

M

IP Logged

Romain

North/West Coast
Reply #17 - Dec 19th, 2010 at 8:10pm

DocM wrote on Dec 19th, 2010 at 7:43pm:
As many who know me on this board know, I am a firm believer in the use of intent and love to heal, in addition to Western medicine.  I am completely supportive of you using other means to heal your own back problem.  I simply see no reason not to combine western medicine (based on real physical data) with the use of conscious healing intent.

M

Matthew;
This sums up my believe to a T. You nail it; especially with the conscious healing intent. Wink
Great post you two and the others who participate.

Albert re:
Quote:
I believe it is fine when people send healing energy, but if a person isn't willing to let go of and/or become aware of the psychological issue that leads to a physical problem, the effect of spiritual healing could be limited.  Forcing an energetic block to go away regardless of what a person wants would be imposing upon that person's free will.

I don't believe in "Forcing" an energetic block to go away, any healing energies should be send impo in smooth waves of carefully focus intent.The body/soul/mind take what needed where it's needed and let the rest flow back to source.It's never wasted or lost.
Great thread.
PUL

« Last Edit: Dec 24th, 2010 at 2:27pm by Romain »  

IP Logged

Wonderer

ALK Member

Europe
Reply #18 - Feb 15th, 2012 at 7:28am

recoverer wrote on Dec 16th, 2010 at 4:59pm:
while on the other hand there are many people who have back and/or neck pain without having a structural problem. A psychological approach helped the patients of the Doctors referred to above become better.

I used to have lower back, upper back and neck pain. It went away after I took care of the psychological issues that caused me to have energetic blocks.

Hello Recoverer, or better say Albert Smiley

I have come across this thread and read it with great interest!!! Most specifically, when I read your post, I couldn't but reply.

In a nut shell, my wife has had back pain (lower back and most specifically in the middle few inches to the right of the spine) for more than 5 years now (soon after she gave birth to our daughter). She hasn't slept a single night since then, wakes up with pain. Since then, we also sleep in a separate bad as I snore and thus I would ruin her few good hours of sleep (most times with pain killers)

We went to so many different types of doctors, did MRIs, x-Rays, many many other tests, physio therapy...you name it all, spent thousands of dollars and no one manage to find the cause or heal her.

So maybe the mystery has to do with what you said! That the pain is coming from a psychological  cause. I think the last diagnoses she had was myofascial pain syndrome...which leads to no cure anyway.

I know that my wife had a couple of psychological problems in the past (like fear etc) so this could be the cause!

So my question is, how do you go about figuring these psychological issues which are causing the pain and which technique to apply? I mean, how do you go about healing this pain from the psychological issues??!!

Thank you for your time and really appreciate your help! You never know, maybe this will work Smiley

Cheers
Wonderer

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #19 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 12:53pm

Hello Wonderer:

I just saw your post. Sorry for not seeing it sooner. Sorry to hear about your wife's back problems. So many people get afflicted by such problems. Here's a link to what I wrote about overcoming back pain.   

http://nondualityisdualistic.com/a-night-in-heaven/chapter-9/

P.S. Fear of unfriendly spirits is one of the reasons I had lower back pain. By getting rid of this fear I got rid of pain.

IP Logged

Wonderer

ALK Member

Europe
Reply #20 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 1:26pm

recoverer wrote on Feb 21st, 2012 at 12:53pm:
Hello Wonderer:

I just saw your post. Sorry for not seeing it sooner. Sorry to hear about your wife's back problems. So many people get afflicted by such problems. Here's a link to what I wrote about overcoming back pain.   

http://nondualityisdualistic.com/a-night-in-heaven/chapter-9/

P.S. Fear of unfriendly spirits is one of the reasons I had lower back pain. By getting rid of this fear I got rid of pain.

That's OK recoverer, I figured that at some point you might see it!  When the back paid had started, my wife was passing through a very difficult phase, in the sense that she had lots of negative feelings. For example, she had fear of becoming pregnant as she felt she was not good enough to be a mum. She had anger for her dad and other anxiety issues.

When I read your posts, I felt that maybe it's the same issue (as in negative feelings affecting us). Now 6 years on, I think that she got rid of those negative feelings. I had helped her a lot psychologically and I am so proud of her of how she has changed positively. I can say that nowadays she is having quite a positive life.

Unfortunately, the pain is still there even though she has a positive outlook now. but could it be that those negative feelings are still there lurking in her subconscious and thus the back pain?

Thanks for the link! I'm gonna read it right now!

Cheers

IP Logged

juditha
Ex Member

Reply #21 - May 3rd, 2012 at 10:24am

hi matthew i will ask god to send you love and healing in my prayers,i wish i lived closer as i would give you healing,my daughter had the same problem,none of the tablets for pain worked but i gave her healing on her back and shes had no pain since.

love and god bless  love juditha xx

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.