Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Review of Vicky's book (Read 6669 times)
Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
Review of Vicky's book
Oct 2nd, 2010 at 8:11pm

Just had to post something about Persephone's Journey, Vicky's book, which I am more than halfway through now. As I reach chapter six, I'm finding the information, so carefully and succinctly provided, to be extremely helpful in my AL explorations and understanding both my current experiences with "seeing" etc and also things that happened when I started on this path. Descriptions of how things look and so on, so recognizable, I keep saying "Yes! That's exactly what it's like!" to myself as I read. I found the earlier part of the book interesting, that is, the author relates her earlier-life psychic experiences, but after chapter six it really gets great for a student explorer, especially on top of Moen's books as well. Hope it's ok to post this comment. Hope you don't mind, Vicky. Vee

I LIVE IN THE MIND OF SUMMERTIME, MY INNER SKY IS BLUE AND FULL OF LIGHT.THE RICH, JUICY FRUITS OF MY LIFE ARE RIPE UPON MY INNER SUMMERTIME TREES.I AM THE MIND OF GOD.
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Re: Review of Vicky's book
Reply #1 - Oct 2nd, 2010 at 11:01pm

Hi Vee,

Of course I don't mind.  I need all the feedback I can get.  I'm glad you like the technical stuff in the book.  I know I can get pretty technical at times.  I can't help it, it's just the way things make sense to me. 

Smiley

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

floriferous

ALK Member

Reply #2 - Dec 14th, 2010 at 8:07am

I've just finished reading your book now. I enjoyed it a lot.

I thought the fact that you brought your everyday life and the effects upon it into the book added an extra dimension (excusing the obvious pun). It gave a sense of grounding to the reader but also puts you closer to the writer. I felt I could empathize more with you than in other books of a similar nature. I found not only was I interested to see how your psychic abilities developed but also how the family would progress through life throughout the book.

You writing style is simply you. I've never met you but I feel I have a good sense of who you are by how you write.

For me the crux of the book was the non-physical healing session between you and Bruce (if indeed it was Bruce or guidance). Very emotive part.

In addition, the segment entitled 'Bruce in my Kitchen' has forever etched in my mind the image of Bruce standing in his underpants. Every time this website loads up with his image that's all I see now. I can't seem to shake it. Thanks for that...Damn you! Smiley

Anyway, overall a very good read. Looking forward to the next one so get cracking.

« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2010 at 9:50am by floriferous »  

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #3 - Dec 14th, 2010 at 9:50pm

Hi Floriferous,

Thanks for your comments and compliments! 

Yes, Bruce in his undies...glad you got a kick out of it.  Since Bruce didn't object to anything I shared in the book about him, I had fun sharing details like that.   Smiley

I'm so thankful that you felt you know me and are closer to me because of my writing style.  That's exactly the feeling I want to portray in my writing.  This book was meant to be as personal as it came to be for that reason and also simply because I wanted to practice writing and see what kind of writing personality I can develop.  I'm still writing and hope to improve...there's always room for improvement.

I am currently working on a second book and I'm not sure what format or style I'll choose, but it will definitely be geared toward sharing what I'm learning about developing psychic ability.  I want to also include other tangents like more OBEs and spiritual encounters.  I won't gear it toward teaching Bruce's work like I did in this book, but he is still helping me as I'm learning about how psychic ability works.  All of Bruce's teachings apply to what I'm learning, and we talk weekly to go over my development.  He's been so instrumental in my growth, so I'm of course going to sill give him credit in my next book.  And he's said he's excited that he too is learning from me from the unique way that I go about developing my psychic skills.  He's actually a pretty psychic guy but he doesn't focus too much on that aspect.  He's so laid back and easy-going, so doesn't take as much time as I do in wondering why and how things work.  He just goes with the flow, which is something I need to be more easy-going about.  But until I get actually skilled in what I know, I'm still focused on picking things apart so I can learn how they work.  I guess it's just how my mind works.  The progress I'm making is unbelievable, and I'd like to brag here a little bit and say that I'm getting to the point where I can consciously choose to turn on psychic ability (or open up to it) and use it on demand.  I still have a long way to go but I'm getting such a kick out of every small victory.  I really do believe that anyone can do what I'm doing. 

You mentioned the healing that Bruce did for me seeming like the crux of the book.  That's fascinating that you got that out of it.  If you want to tell me more about what you think, please do.  For me it WAS probably the most profound turning point in the book and I'm only realizing that now after the book's been published.  I've learned even more since then about the concepts surrounding that experience and it's really worked toward shaping my beliefs more than I thought possible.  It's something I definitely want to continue talking about in my next book.

Well, thank you so much for complimenting my writing style and personal-ness.  I'm a very self conscious person so when I get a compliment I really take it to heart. 

Vicky

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

pattiz

ALK Member

Reply #4 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 8:54am

I'm anxiously awaiting my copy of Vicky's book. Just finished AK of Bruce's and I can hardly wait for Vicky's. I'm looking forward to emersing myself in another good read.

WWW 119080141491716  
IP Logged

Justin aka Vasya
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 10:10am

Just wanted to say that i look forward to reading Vicky's book and that it most likely will be the next book i purchase. 

I'm not sure when because i've recently experienced another major material testing phase and again am lacking funds.

IP Logged

PauliEffectt

ALK Member

Reply #6 - Apr 7th, 2011 at 3:57am

I usually write my reviews on astral books on another forum, to keep them at one common place. My reviews also tend to be fairly short (with some exceptions). The link to the review is here ->

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_book_reviews/vicky_short_persephone...

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #7 - Apr 7th, 2011 at 9:34am

PauliEffectt wrote on Apr 7th, 2011 at 3:57am:
I usually write my reviews on astral books on another forum, to keep them at one common place. My reviews also tend to be fairly short (with some exceptions). The link to the review is here ->

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_book_reviews/vicky_short_persephone...

Thanks for the book review and it's neat to see that you put it on another forum...I'd be pleased to see it get new attention because of that.

It's of course always interesting to read reviews from various folks, but when it comes to yours I really like that you pointed out some of the unique and different things about my book. 

THANK YOU!

Vicky
Smiley

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

KingUpp

ALK Member

Reply #8 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 11:33pm

it was easy to read which is very great. you could really "feel" the character which also is very very great. so far its good. just dont forget to add a good plot and your own uniqueness and you will have yourself a great story ^-^

---------------------------------------------------------

xbox 360 accessories
XBOX 360 Fan
ps3 headsets
Wired Wii Nunchuck

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #9 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 12:08pm

Hi KingUpp,

Nice to meet you and thanks for your review. 

As far as having a good plot to make it a great story, in a way I see what you're saying because the book ends somewhat open-endedly....but on the other hand I really couldn't adapt the book to have a beginning-middle-end storyline. 

This book was just a way for me to get my feet wet about telling my life experiences, what I've learned, and what's "real" to me in this life, and where I'm going with it.

I spent way too many years of my life not having a clue what all these weird experiences meant...not even knowing that we had an afterlife or that there was such a thing as nonphysical reality and nonphysical senses.  So I guess you could say that the plot of my first book is that I discovered all those things and it led me to having a foundation of beliefs and knowledge to carry me through life...something I didn't have before. 

Anyway, I think my writing is improving with my second book so as to give a more well-rounded storyline.  One thing that's helped is that I've been writing my second book in real time, and I think it makes much smoother writing and a good flow.  This second book is a lot like the first in that I'm still sharing my experiences and what I'm learning, but specifically I'm describing how I'm developing my psychic ability, something we ALL have, and teaching how anyone can do what I'm doing.  Along the course of writing this book, I've had even more experiences that solidfy my beliefs and understanding about what I delved into with my first book.  I've gained more from this psychic development project than I thought possible, so that's been a neat surprise for me. 

But how will I end this book?  I still don't know, but I'm nearly finished.  I do want it to have that "great story" kind of ending.  I have some more experiments still to work on, so I'll just have to see what I can deliver after attempting those. 

Thanks for reading!!

Vicky

Smiley

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.