Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
significance of 2 keys (Read 2915 times)
elliexuk

uk
significance of 2 keys
May 16th, 2010 at 4:53am

Hi all havent posted here for a while but read here alot, i wanted to know if anyone can help me decipher a meaning in a dream i had last night

Layne Staley singer of Alice in Chains died in 2002, i was very touched by how he died and have listened to his music regularly for the last 3 years because his voice just touches my soul, i have never had a dream of  him until last night,

In this dream the main thing that stayed with me when i woke up is that he had 2 small silver keys, he told me i had to wear one key on a chain round my neck and never take it off whilst he kept the other one,

so all i'm asking is this just some random dream with no meaning or could it mean anything in particular

Thanks for reading and look forward to any feedback

kind regards
Ellie

xxxelliexxx68  
IP Logged

vagabound
Ex Member

Re: significance of 2 keys
Reply #1 - May 16th, 2010 at 7:54am

Hey Ellie,

According to a dream dictionary getting a key means you're going to open yourself to new experiences, and further develop your personality. It might be something that he already went through, thus he knows how to do it (has the keys).
just a thought

take care,
Vagabound

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #2 - May 16th, 2010 at 9:07am

That's probably it, Ellie,

and you might find the key in his lyrics, that they have an even deeper, more significant meaning than you've been enjoying. Why else would the dream need to bring it to your attention.

It's also possible that there is a more personal meaning meant for just you.  You may have 'called him down', by thinking of him intensely and lovingly when you were listening to his songs. In other words his spirit may have been drawn to you. If so, the key he gave you could be a remembrance so that you can meet later in the afterlife. 
Wink I once got a less personal personal invitation to a concert in the Afterlife from a professional musician I just happened to sit next to on a plane for several hours. He was temporarily out of the physical due to celebrating/relaxing with maryjane. He reeked of it so heavily that I was having grumpy thoughts about maybe shoving him out the window just to get some fresh air. (  Wink I didn't mean it.)
I was surprised when my grumpy threats were interrupted mentally by a voice that apologized and asked me to be sure and come to his big songfest in 'heaven' that he was planning for when he went over. How will I find it, I wondered. His thoughts responded that everyone was coming so just come along with them.
Only when the stewardesses came to rouse him for our landing did I hear his name and realize who he was --then it made more sense.

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

elliexuk

uk
Reply #3 - May 16th, 2010 at 9:41am

Thanks for your inputs, Bets what you say about his lyrics having a significance, his battle with drugs helped me to understand what my son's Dad went through with addiction (my first post on here was about a dream i had a few weeks after he died from alcohol and heroin) when i found Laynes story and listened to his lyrics it seemed to come together for me, i dont know if that's why i feel such a connection to Layne but his life and death and his music have never wavered for me since learning about him, i mean alot of deaths affect me but with Layne it's more than sorrow for a lost life and for the last 2 years i have wanted him to come to me through dreams but he never so i just stopped wishing for it and assumed it would never happen so when he finally appeared last night and it involved these keys i just felt it was more than just a dream and there was a message in there just as there seems to be everytime i dream of a soul  that comes to me in dream from the afterlife , i do email his mum and her me every now and again and i do have his name tattooed on my shoulder, something again i've never had an interest in but for some reason i felt compelled  to have his name on me, all i know is when i hear his voice he really does touch my soul in a way no other singer has ever done i think that would be so cool he has been drawn to me through my love of what he accomplished in life and came into my dreamstance to give me a message or sign with the keys

thank you for replying i always know if i have a question about a soul i can always get some great advice fromthe good people of here without ridicule

kind regards Ellie x

xxxelliexxx68  
IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #4 - May 16th, 2010 at 9:46pm

Another little aspect is the advice, to never take the key off. It could mean, be always aware that you have the key, believe in your ability to go where you want to go to, and when you do so, you will get help (the other key).

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Calypso

ALK Member

Chicagoland
Reply #5 - May 17th, 2010 at 9:55am

It occurs to me that the word "key" also refers to the "key" in which music is designed, that which defines it, and also that different musical instruments are designed for different "keys".  Your "key" and his may be different.  Never taking off your own key might mean something in this sense.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.