Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 34
Send Topic Print
90-Day Trial: Achieve an Out of Body Experience (Read 278926 times)
StoneColdTrue

ALK Member

Birmingham, AL
Re: 90-Day Trial: Achieve an Out of Body Experience
Reply #75 - Mar 29th, 2010 at 9:01pm

As long as I can still hang out with other consciousness and enjoy company I'm all good.

"The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. " -Bertrand Russel

IP Logged

msagansk

ALK Member

Canada
Reply #76 - Mar 29th, 2010 at 9:01pm

Quote:
Closest I have ever been to OBE is high on DXM or salvia. If I try to concentrate and force an OBE I pretty much am just making crap up in my head instead of really being OBE I am pretty much fooling myself... you know? /shrug.

I'd rather not rely on drugs to alter my experiences.

IP Logged

msagansk

ALK Member

Canada
Reply #77 - Mar 29th, 2010 at 9:03pm

OBE/Astral Projection Trial Day 17

Program Notes/Observations:

* I think I’m going to start getting up earlier to do the exercises first thing in the morning. I’ve been doing them in the evening so far after a full days work, exercise, and supper. I find that my body and mind are too tired to focus well on mind taming. While listening to bwgen I found myself day dreaming and clicking out for long chunks of time, which is frustrating because it feels like wasted time.
    * Taming my mind with the ring technique was more variable today. I got up to 40 seconds but sometimes barely lasted a few.

Dream Notes:

* I just had some fun sports related dreams last night.
    * I’m going to try the affirmation: “I am more and more conscious in my dreams” to improve my dream recall and also improve the chances of me becoming lucid. I kept waffling between two different affirmations to work on either separately. I feel like this one says it all.

IP Logged

Starcraft
Ex Member

Reply #78 - Mar 29th, 2010 at 9:26pm

Of course, I was just mentioning the drugs as the closest I have ever been. In reality I wouldn't say they were even that close just closer to really experiencing it. DXM makes you feel like you are behind yourself controlling yourself with a controller. Salvia just plain ruins brain senses completely making you hallucinate.

So yeah. I have never had an OBE. I have "pretended" to be outside of my body seeing it. But that is all I consider it to be. /shrug

Actually I am not convinced that OBE's exist. (unless maybe you are dead)
I am also not convinced that Hypnosis exists either.

I think they are both examples of people utilizing super powered pretending skills.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #79 - Mar 29th, 2010 at 10:09pm

msagansk wrote on Mar 29th, 2010 at 8:48pm:
Seraphis1 wrote on Mar 29th, 2010 at 7:16pm:
It depends. Why were you atheist/agnostic... and which did you favor.

S.

I was Christian, then agnostic, then atheist, then agnostic, in that order.

Now I'm merely a believer in that we're more than our physical bodies and I do believe in a "source". But I'd like to try and find out more rather than just believe, hence this thread. Smiley

Well, in my opinion, your belief system in this respect is not going to be the problem... you have already discovered that there is a difference between spirituality and religion...

S.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #80 - Mar 29th, 2010 at 10:17pm

Quote:
Of course, I was just mentioning the drugs as the closest I have ever been. In reality I wouldn't say they were even that close just closer to really experiencing it. DXM makes you feel like you are behind yourself controlling yourself with a controller. Salvia just plain ruins brain senses completely making you hallucinate.

So yeah. I have never had an OBE. I have "pretended" to be outside of my body seeing it. But that is all I consider it to be. /shrug

Actually I am not convinced that OBE's exist. (unless maybe you are dead)
I am also not convinced that Hypnosis exists either.

I think they are both examples of people utilizing super powered pretending skills.

If and when you have a real o.b.e there will be no mistaking it.... you float up out of your physical body and you feel your p.o.c. move into the etheric double and you know you are outside the body...

what pretend does is 'prime the pump'... it is an exit technique to force an o.b.e... if you do it with confidence and belief you will project...

S.

IP Logged

Starcraft
Ex Member

Reply #81 - Mar 30th, 2010 at 3:25am

I see......well... regardless...

no offense is intended at all either, I just don't believe.

IP Logged

msagansk

ALK Member

Canada
Reply #82 - Mar 30th, 2010 at 10:15am

Quote:

No offense intended, but then why are you here? I don't believe that you don't believe.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #83 - Mar 30th, 2010 at 1:59pm

msagansk wrote on Mar 30th, 2010 at 10:15am:
Quote:

No offense intended, but then why are you here? I don't believe that you don't believe.

Hi M: Here is a case of 'ego' kicking in... what part of you is offended or even cares that Starcraft is here on this board a non-believer or so he says...

Answer these questions for yourself:

1. How much emotion upset did I experience?
2. Do I feel a need to engage and convince?

(The need part is important as a points to some 'ego' root branch' which goes somewhere deep in your being.)

3. How long did I experience the upset?
a. did it stay with you for any length of time.
b. did your interpreter start spurting out streams of defensive arguements that you need to post etc...

You get the idea... now you are identifying your personal... 'ego' elements and you have tools to deal with them..

S.

IP Logged

msagansk

ALK Member

Canada
Reply #84 - Mar 30th, 2010 at 2:36pm

Seraphis1 wrote on Mar 30th, 2010 at 1:59pm:
Hi M: Here is a case of 'ego' kicking in... what part of you is offended or even cares that Starcraft is here on this board a non-believer or so he says...

Answer these questions for yourself:

1. How much emotion upset did I experience?
2. Do I feel a need to engage and convince?

(The need part is important as a points to some 'ego' root branch' which goes somewhere deep in your being.)

3. How long did I experience the upset?
a. did it stay with you for any length of time.
b. did your interpreter start spurting out streams of defensive arguements that you need to post etc...

You get the idea... now you are identifying your personal... 'ego' elements and you have tools to deal with them..

S.

Haha yes, you got me. I don't really know what tools you are referring to though.

I guess I was just curious as to why a non-believer would spend time on a board like this, so I questioned whether he is truly a non-believer.

It ties into a more deep-rooted part of me that likes to do "intellectual" battles.

IP Logged

msagansk

ALK Member

Canada
Reply #85 - Mar 30th, 2010 at 7:09pm

OBE/Astral Projection Trial Day 18

* Each day is taking me a solid hour of practice, plus about a half hour of reading time, affirmations, and these notes I’m writing. This is taking quite a bit of dedication, but I still feel pretty confident about getting through it. For anyone interested in OBE’s, it might be easier to just try some exit techniques right off the bat, just to get some experience and motivation to go through a program like this. Working on all the prerequisite skills for weeks at a time before knowing what you’re in for takes a lot of dedication.
    * I’m not too sure if the energy raising technique is doing much for me. The feeling is pretty subtle, although I do feel pretty good afterward.
    * Doing these exercises in the morning is going to take even more discipline as it’s a fairly sizable schedule change. I really need to do this though, because my mind is racing after a full day of work.

Dream Notes:

* I haven’t gotten up early yet to do the wake back to bed method for lucid dreams, although I’m trying to work it into my schedule.
    * I’ve been waking up lately thinking I haven’t remembered my dreams. But once I lie there for a while and really think about it, bits and pieces start to come back. My lucidity in my dreams hasn’t increased lately though – I’ve sort of hit a wall with this.
    * I had another video-game-esque dream last night.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #86 - Mar 30th, 2010 at 8:28pm

msagansk wrote on Mar 30th, 2010 at 7:09pm:
OBE/Astral Projection Trial Day 18

•      Each day is taking me a solid hour of practice, plus about a half hour of reading time, affirmations, and these notes I’m writing. This is taking quite a bit of dedication, but I still feel pretty confident about getting through it.

Your’re hitting the wall… in high school did you go out for organized sports… make the team and have the whole team depend on you as one of them… ??? Experience what it takes to practice, do home work and have a private life??

If you have no experience of this kind of dedication to a purpose this going to be a tough go… and will test all your will power.

S.

IP Logged

msagansk

ALK Member

Canada
Reply #87 - Mar 31st, 2010 at 12:11am

Seraphis1 wrote on Mar 30th, 2010 at 8:28pm:
Your’re hitting the wall… in high school did you go out for organized sports… make the team and have the whole team depend on you as one of them… ??? Experience what it takes to practice, do home work and have a private life??

If you have no experience of this kind of dedication to a purpose this going to be a tough go… and will test all your will power.

S.

I know I have a lot of power, so I meant it as more of an observation and I just wanted to vent. Smiley

You're correct in that I'm beginning to hit the wall. In the past this has been a problem for me, but yes I've been part of a team as you describe.

IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #88 - Mar 31st, 2010 at 12:29am

I once recorded a tape of my own voice taking me down into a hypnotic state.  I found the script in a book on self-hypnosis.  I initially planted the suggestion on the tape that I have an erotic dream.  Then I reconsidered and planted the suggestion that I be able to explore via OBE.  That night, I floated up near the ceiing and looked down on my sleeping body.  I could see my messed up blankets and hair, but it was like looking at myself under water.  The light seemed rather wavy.  Then I tought I'd explore the astral world.  But something stopped me and told me I was bound by my original suggestion--an erotic adventure.  I was reluctant to do this because I was out of my body and might encounter real spirits.  Then I began to worry about returning to my body.  I floated down and draped myself over my physical body.  I tried to move my physical fingers, but only my spirit fingers moved.  I began to wonder if I had died!  I panicked and then woke up. 

I simulated the standard characteristics of an OBE.  I knew I was out of my body, or so I thought.  Later, I taught myself to create lucid dreams in which I knew I was dreaming in the dream.  This extremely vivid expeirenced reversed my perception of my OBE.  I now KNEW that I was having a lucid dream in that first apparent OBE and in all my ensuing OBEs!!
Lucid dreams adepts clain to have OBEs on demand, but insist that they are just--and I do mean just--lucid dreams faking OBEs.  For this reason, I am skeptical of your alleged OBE reports, particularly if you can't come up with striking paranormal verifications.

Don

IP Logged

Volu

Right here and right there
Reply #89 - Mar 31st, 2010 at 7:47am

Hi Michael, hope I'm not hogging too much of your thread by making this reply.

Don,

"I simulated the standard characteristics of an OBE.  I knew I was out of my body, or so I thought.  Later, I taught myself to create lucid dreams in which I knew I was dreaming in the dream.  This extremely vivid expeirenced reversed my perception of my OBE.  I now KNEW that I was having a lucid dream in that first apparent OBE and in all my ensuing OBEs!!"

I like your matter of fact honesty of not editing out the original intent, and using discernment. In a lucid framework where thought/emotion become action/manifestation, there'd be a possibility of having a misunderstanding about the lush/scary scenario being something external, and that it's physical when it might be a duplication of the physical. In one of my early lucid explorations I rubbed "my hands" together and wanted to be the king of bonk in that playground. Fun for a while but went out of the house where this happened and did some flying in the landscape. Later I've noticed that houses and vehicles in dreams/the lucid area seem to suggest I'm then dealing with a body matter.

Vegetarian is an old indian word for bad hunter.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 34
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.