Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 34
Send Topic Print
90-Day Trial: Achieve an Out of Body Experience (Read 275434 times)
msagansk

ALK Member

Canada
Re: 90-Day Trial: Achieve an Out of Body Experience
Reply #45 - Mar 21st, 2010 at 12:47pm

Seraphis1 wrote on Mar 21st, 2010 at 1:41am:
I was also thinking about having enough energy to remember the OBE, which is sort of what you said as 4.

Hi M: This is subtle... but, memory is automatic if you can get the poc into the astral body... but the energy to sustain the state is a problem... you finished Astraldynamics so you will remember the three energy storage areas... navel, heart area and throat I think... that stored energy is what is used to maintain the etheric body especially in the real time zone... once you get to the astral plane this is not as important... but if you want to visit girls in australia  Smiley like I did... you need a lot of psychic energy to maintain the real time zone double.

S.

Ok I agree but Robert Bruce also talks a lot about "shadow memory download problems" because of the mind-split effect. So I'm not sure if it's entirely automatic.

IP Logged

msagansk

ALK Member

Canada
Reply #46 - Mar 21st, 2010 at 11:50pm

OBE/Astral Projection Trial Week 2 Day 8

So I’m into week 2 now. The focus this week will be on enhancing the breathing exercises, calming the mind, and energy work for the upper body.

Program Notes/Observations:

* I’m finding that the energy bouncing in my legs causes various leg muscles to twitch. It definitely feels like something is changing when I do this.
    * It was a little tough to bring body awareness to the back-side of my fingers. The sensations weren’t as intense as my feet were.
    * Increasing the depth of my breath during the breath awareness exercise felt pretty good.
    * While I was listening to bwgen, I would say “astral” to myself on an inhale and “projection” during the exhale, as suggested in MAP. I found this helped me to stay alert, although I did catch myself starting to daydream a few times still.

Dream Notes:

* No dreams remembered this time again. I went out last night and did a little drinking/partying. I think the alcohol definitely affected my dream recall, for the worse.

IP Logged

goobygirl

USA
Reply #47 - Mar 22nd, 2010 at 12:19am

I haven't read all the books you mentioned, but for me it helps to focus on the third eye yet look straight ahead (with eyes closed) looking beyond the tip of your nose.  Going numb is natural, I've heard, and for me, quite annoying, as I get very heavy/relaxed feeling yet my legs and extremities are tingling all over.

If you are interested in having an "interesting" experience while not attempting OOBE, I went to a Barbara Brennan school graduate who did some energy work on me (I've experienced Reiki as well) and I literally felt as though I was taking a rollercoaster ride! I felt hands on me that were not her's as well. It was a great confirmation for me that we are more than just bodies.

http://www.barbarabrennan.com/

Goobygirl

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #48 - Mar 22nd, 2010 at 2:37am

msagansk wrote on Mar 21st, 2010 at 11:50pm:
Dream Notes:

* No dreams remembered this time again. I went out last night and did a little drinking/partying. I think the alcohol definitely affected my dream recall, for the worse.

Hi M: I don't know this for sure because I gave up alcohol a long time ago... but, alcohol is the worst thing you can do for this work... sorry about that... even drugs like lsd, marijana (??) are better since they attenuate the ego enough to give you a glimse into the higher levels... but alcohol has a delitirous effect... but, as I said I don't know with for sure... Robert Monroe suggest not doing o.b.e. work for at least an hour after drinking coffee... I drink coffee and have not seen any effect on meditation sessions... but I don't know if I work within the or after an hour... I don't drink a full cup at any sitting...

S.

IP Logged

msagansk

ALK Member

Canada
Reply #49 - Mar 22nd, 2010 at 9:32am

Yeah, I don't drink alcohol very often but I should probably avoid it during this trial.

OBE/Astral Projection Trial Day 9

Program Notes/Observations

* I found it really hard to find the time to do all the exercises today. I probably rushed through them a little faster than I should have. It almost seemed like the universe was conspiring to derail my practice today.
    * Energy work moved to the arms, I didn’t feel too much tingling there, just a localized heaviness.

Dream Notes:

* Wow, I remembered around 5-6 dreams last night! I wrote a full page of notes in my journal but I’m not going to write it all out here.
    * In one of the dreams, there were about 4 people who had attracted attention in a crowd. Someone said something about making them levitate, so I thought “what the heck, I’ll try and make one of them levitate”. So I closed my dream eyes and focused hard. I heard some voices and then saw some weird (hypnagogic?) imagery with some very cool sounds. I think I might have felt a slight falling sensation, I’m not too sure. Next thing I know I try to open my eyes in the dream but it turns out I woke up.
    * I think one of my dream symbols is a video game/computer screen. They seem to show up in my dreams quite a bit. Perhaps I need to start doing reality checks whenever I look at a screen.

IP Logged

msagansk

ALK Member

Canada
Reply #50 - Mar 22nd, 2010 at 9:35am

goobygirl wrote on Mar 22nd, 2010 at 12:19am:
I haven't read all the books you mentioned, but for me it helps to focus on the third eye yet look straight ahead (with eyes closed) looking beyond the tip of your nose.  Going numb is natural, I've heard, and for me, quite annoying, as I get very heavy/relaxed feeling yet my legs and extremities are tingling all over.

If you are interested in having an "interesting" experience while not attempting OOBE, I went to a Barbara Brennan school graduate who did some energy work on me (I've experienced Reiki as well) and I literally felt as though I was taking a rollercoaster ride! I felt hands on me that were not her's as well. It was a great confirmation for me that we are more than just bodies.

http://www.barbarabrennan.com/

Yeah I've heard of Reiki but I haven't had any sort of exposure to it. It sounds interesting though.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #51 - Mar 22nd, 2010 at 12:17pm

msagansk wrote on Mar 22nd, 2010 at 9:32am:
    * I found it really hard to find the time to do all the exercises today. I probably rushed through them a little faster than I should have. It almost seemed like the universe was conspiring to derail my practice today.

Hi M: Keep close tabs on this... the current ego is threatened and will begin to attempt to derail the work... time to bear down... and decide the exercises take precidence over anything and everything... the road is going to get bumpy... hang on..

S.

IP Logged

msagansk

ALK Member

Canada
Reply #52 - Mar 22nd, 2010 at 12:21pm

Seraphis1 wrote on Mar 22nd, 2010 at 12:17pm:
Hi M: Keep close tabs on this... the current ego is threatened and will begin to attempt to derail the work... time to bear down... and decide the exercises take precidence over anything and everything... the road is going to get bumpy... hang on..

S.

Yeah it was crazy! I had people ringing my doorbell, phone calls, text messages, schedule changes, technical difficulties with my headphones, etc etc.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #53 - Mar 22nd, 2010 at 12:35pm

msagansk wrote on Mar 22nd, 2010 at 12:21pm:
Seraphis1 wrote on Mar 22nd, 2010 at 12:17pm:

S.

Yeah it was crazy! I had people ringing my doorbell, phone calls, text messages, schedule changes, technical difficulties with my headphones, etc etc.

Hi M: This may sound radical... but if you are serious... and you seem to have financial resources... rent a motel or hotel room for the 90 days... get up a hour or two earlier than you normally would... take no phones or means of communication go do your exercises...

There are two advantages to this... do you know the 'borderland'... the best time to do your exercises is in the morning... because you are very close to borderland... that is... still between worlds... and the astral body is loose... and accessible... as the day goes on it gets lost in the worlds noise... do that and you will progress very fast and stay off alcohol.

The other advantage is that you are telling the current ego in no uncertain terms you are the boss and you will brook no nonsense.

S.

IP Logged

msagansk

ALK Member

Canada
Reply #54 - Mar 22nd, 2010 at 12:45pm

Seraphis1 wrote on Mar 22nd, 2010 at 12:35pm:
Hi M: This may sound radical... but if you are serious... and you seem to have financial resources... rent a motel or hotel room for the 90 days... get up a hour or two earlier than you normally would... take no phones or means of communication go do your exercises...

There are two advantages to this... do you know the 'borderland'... the best time to do your exercises is in the morning... because you are very close to borderland... that is... still between worlds... and the astral body is loose... and accessible... as the day goes on it gets lost in the worlds noise... do that and you will progress very fast and stay off alcohol.

The other advantage is that you are telling the current ego in no uncertain terms you are the boss and you will brook no nonsense.

S.

Thanks for the suggestion but renting a motel room is a little too radical for me, it would be too disruptive to my life. The way I look at it, is that I don't want this to take over my life. I'll have plenty of time for OBE when I'm dead. Wink I'm just exploring this to help me gain a greater perspective for the time I'm here.

By the end of next month my roommate will be gone and I'll have the house to myself, and it's not like he gets in the way either. So I don't think the motel part is as critical - but the getting up an hour or two earlier is.

I was planning to do my exercises in the early morning for the later weeks, when OBE exit techniques are actually used. The "wake back to bed" method is talked about for both lucid dreaming and astral projection, so it's definitely something I've wanted to do.

Right now, since it's just energy work, I didn't think it mattered too much when I did it (MAP suggests the afternoon).

IP Logged

msagansk

ALK Member

Canada
Reply #55 - Mar 23rd, 2010 at 11:58am

OBE/Astral Projection Trial Day 10

* I’m not finding the energy work with the arms to be as intense as the legs, but it’s still quite tingly.
    * I’m getting better at quieting my mind while meditating and listening to bwgen. It’s becoming a quite pleasant experience

Dream Notes:

* I remembered 2 dreams last night. I had my sleep time cut short, to about 6 hours. I find this significantly cuts down on the number of dreams I have during the night. This agrees with what I have read in various places about dreaming – you tend to have more REM periods during the 6-8th hour of sleeping versus the beginning.
    * Dream symbol – videogame type sequences. This seems to crop up once a week or so, where I find myself playing some sort of video game like dream out. Usually they tend to be of the “First Person Shooter” variety. This aligns with my previously mentioned dream symbol of a computer/video screen.

IP Logged

msagansk

ALK Member

Canada
Reply #56 - Mar 24th, 2010 at 6:39pm

OBE/Astral Projection Trial Day 11

* While I was listening to bwgen and meditating today, I think I got deeper than I ever have before. I started to feel “different”, with bursts of what felt like electricity going through my body. The blurry image I normally see with my closed eyes turned blue-ish, and I felt my heart (or heart chakra?) start to beat pretty quick. I was getting pretty excited so it stopped shortly afterward.
    * I find myself getting anxious with body relaxation and breath awareness exercises. I just want to “get through them” so I can get to the more interesting energy work.
    * During the energy work today, I felt what I think were energy blockages. One was in my left thigh, and the other in my neck. I’ve been told before that my throat chakra is relatively closed so perhaps that has something to do with it. Basically, I found it difficult to focus my body awareness through those 2 areas.

Dream Notes:

* Just a couple cool dreams. One with me playing basketball and the other had me defending a castle. Nothing remarkably interesting to report.

IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #57 - Mar 25th, 2010 at 12:26am

Hi Michael, here's something tricky I think:

Quote: "I find myself getting anxious with body relaxation and breath awareness exercises. I just want to “get through them” so I can get to the more interesting energy work."

The tricky thing is, you'll be "through" that (in a "accomplished" sense rather than a schedule sense) once you don't want anymore to go through it. It's like when you don't want to think of anything. Then you think "I don't want to think of anything, I don't want to ........." , or when you have problems with sleep and tell yourself "I wannna sleep! I wanna sleep!...." it will not work. That's what the breath awareness is for. Just awareness on the breath. Nothing else.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #58 - Mar 25th, 2010 at 9:31am

msagansk wrote on Mar 22nd, 2010 at 12:45pm:
Seraphis1 wrote on Mar 22nd, 2010 at 12:35pm:
Thanks for the suggestion but renting a motel room is a little too radical for me, it would be too disruptive to my life. The way I look at it, is that I don't want this to take over my life. I'll have plenty of time for OBE when I'm dead. Wink I'm just exploring this to help me gain a greater perspective for the time I'm here.

That’s fair enough… wasn’t sure what level of intensity and effort you wanted to put into the work. My suggestion was on the order of going to TMI for a week seminar and the like… the isolation will work wonders.

msagansk wrote on Mar 22nd, 2010 at 12:45pm:
[quote author=45736477667E7F6527160 link=1268502700/53#53 date=1269275749]

I was planning to do my exercises in the early morning for the later weeks, when OBE exit techniques are actually used. The "wake back to bed" method is talked about for both lucid dreaming and astral projection, so it's definitely something I've wanted to do.

Right now, since it's just energy work, I didn't think it mattered too much when I did it (MAP suggests the afternoon).

The general rule is that same time, same place builds power… whether that is true are not I don’t know since unless you live in a monastic environment dedicated to the work… one does not really have a data base that would identify what works overall… Like you I live in the world and that kind of controls what you can and can not do…

S.

IP Logged

msagansk

ALK Member

Canada
Reply #59 - Mar 25th, 2010 at 10:51am

spooky2 wrote on Mar 25th, 2010 at 12:26am:
Hi Michael, here's something tricky I think:

Quote: "I find myself getting anxious with body relaxation and breath awareness exercises. I just want to “get through them” so I can get to the more interesting energy work."

The tricky thing is, you'll be "through" that (in a "accomplished" sense rather than a schedule sense) once you don't want anymore to go through it. It's like when you don't want to think of anything. Then you think "I don't want to think of anything, I don't want to ........." , or when you have problems with sleep and tell yourself "I wannna sleep! I wanna sleep!...." it will not work. That's what the breath awareness is for. Just awareness on the breath. Nothing else.

Spooky

True enough.

OBE/Astral Projection Trial Day 12

Program Notes/Observations

* I found it pretty hard to meditate today while listening to bwgen, as I am extra tired today. I worked an overtime shift for my job last night so my sleep schedule was thrown off.
    * When I was listening to bwgen, I had wondered if the 20 minutes were up and grabbed for my egg timer to check. As soon as I touched the egg timer, it went off. I thought it was a funny coincidence, and I suppose some people might take that as being potentially pre-cognitive.
    * While doing the fully body bounce energy work today my whole body felt like it was vibrating at a slow rhythm. It didn’t feel like the rhythm from a heart beat either.

Dream Notes:

* 2 dreams remembered. Once was related to work but the second one was me exploring this cave full of glass/crystal artifacts. One of them was a very pretty looking crab.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 34
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.