Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 34
Send Topic Print
90-Day Trial: Achieve an Out of Body Experience (Read 275482 times)
Seraphis1

ALK Member

Re: 90-Day Trial: Achieve an Out of Body Experience
Reply #225 - May 4th, 2010 at 10:19pm

5/4/2010 - Evening session:

That was an amazing session… the rigidity has changed character… I am clearly in the body asleep/mind awake state… had a double Fundamental body shift… this time very pronounced… (in the dream mind??… I was in a place not unlike the shape of the famous Times square triangle… but it had a great fountain bejeweled and perhaps water… I saw a very beautiful man … favoring Alain Delon (Tyrone Powers)  http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2744752128/nm0001128  ?? Attempted to shift poc into the form… no real shift feeling… he was dressed in a suit (black)… sitting… white scarf… engaged in conversation… I am definitely in the borderland… but, I am in a state of floating and drifting… at the mercy of the tides… (intention… I have to remember to intend for things to happen as I want them to…)

S.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #226 - May 5th, 2010 at 2:55pm

5/5/2010 - morning session:

Energy streaming tip of little finger left hand… (reflexology head area… ?? Assuming pineal activation)… fundamental body shift… winked out in the energy recon version sequence… pressure at the brow point… fundamental energy body trembled… (this event is gradually becoming more pronounced and less subtle)…

The rigidity state comes in sooner now… and it character has changed… I have a belief system barrier that says what I am trying to do can’t be done… I applied the conversation method… not sure to what effect… things are trying to happen but that belief structure is probably the inhibitor..

S.

p.s.: I forgot and didn't put it on tape... but in my power nap I remembered that my left astral foot separated from my physical foot... I think... because my left foot felt very light... I also had a falling sensation in my legs along with a jolt... it just all came back in the power nap because something similar happened in that nap...

S.
« Last Edit: May 5th, 2010 at 4:08pm by Seraphis1 »  

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #227 - May 6th, 2010 at 2:32am

Hi M: I am posting this here because we are both active in a particular area. It is important to understand how the 'ego' functions... I made a discovery about my particular 'ego' mechanics... that is astounishing but too private to post in an open forum... I am going to take this up with my confidant... but, this is just a further heads up about the inner confrontation that has to take place and be honestly faced... one needs to be open to the absolute truth about one's self... and one's motivations... and the need for a neutral confidant... possibly one with psychoanalytical skills... the threads of this thing is very involved and complex...

S.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #228 - May 6th, 2010 at 12:43pm

5/6/2010 - Well tonight I fly to Faber for Lifeline... the retrieval program... I am not sure I will post.. tho if I do... it will have to be in the retrieval section... I am looking forward to this trip because I am told I will be able to do my second session in the tank.

S.

IP Logged

msagansk

ALK Member

Canada
Reply #229 - May 8th, 2010 at 6:45pm

OBE/Astral Projection Trial Day 56

So another week has gone by with what I think has been steady progress. No OBE yet but that’s ok, I have a ways to go yet!

My third eye chakra has been feeling quite active lately, especially when I do any sort of meditation, body awareness, deep thought, or energy work. It basically feels like a throbbing, with the intensity being different depending on what I’m doing. Sometimes the throbbing can be quite intense when I’m working on an exit technique.

Generally, I’ve felt a tightness in upper body during exit techniques. At first it was mostly my head that would feel like it was getting “pulled”, but now it’s mostly my chest/heart. It’s like  I’m trying to pull away but my physical body is holding on too tightly. I sometimes have my inner voice telling me it’s not possible.. right when I’m about to do it! This is counter-productive and something that needs to be worked on. I have to believe I can do it before I will ever let myself let it happen.

I have now jury rigged a headset with Audacity recording my voice. I’m finding that I get a lot of random imagery when I’m in a deep meditative state, so I’d like to record some of it with my voice when it happens, otherwise the memory is lost quite quickly. Stopping the meditative state and writing it down just isn’t practical. Perhaps I can figure out some sort of pattern or meaning to what I’m seeing if I analyze enough of it.

I now regularly feel falling sensations when I sometimes go too deep in the trance state and regain awareness, which is sort of a “mini-obe”. Learning to just relax and let go of any expectations seems to provide the best results. I could have swore I felt one of my “astral” fingers move inadvertently on two separate occasions, which shows that I’m starting to have my energy body loosen up.

Other interesting occurrences include my guides thwacking me on the back of the head when I asked if they were around, haha. Also, during one session I am pretty sure I experienced a very weak form of astral sight because I was able to see my arms and legs with my eyes closed. There wasn’t any spectacular detail, just shiny blue lights among the blackness that took the shape of where I would have expected my legs and arms to be.

My dream awareness has not improved all that much lately, as it just hasn’t been on my mind as much. There’s been a slow but steady improvement in my dream recall, but it really depends on the quality and quantity of sleep I get that night.

IP Logged

msagansk

ALK Member

Canada
Reply #230 - May 15th, 2010 at 3:44pm

OBE/Astral Projection Trial Day 64

Life did a good job at kicking my pants this week. I really had to push hard to find times to sit down and do the exercises, and it was usually not the optimal place or time. Today being the weekend I was able to get a great session in and still found that I had made progress throughout the week!

It’s pretty amazing at just how deep meditation can get, and I know I’m still only scratching the surface. I’m finding it easier to get into a trance state, and it also happens more quickly and at a deeper level. All it takes is steady practice.

I would say my main trouble right now is relaxing too much and going off into dream imagery too easily. Once I get too deep into it I find it hard to focus my mind on anything for particularly long, which includes any sort of OBE exit technique.

In some ways I’m sort of feeling a fork in the road between meditation and OBE’s. It’s almost as if I’m at a level where the two are becoming mutually exclusive. In other words, when I meditate too deeply I can’t focus on doing an exit technique… or if I focus on an exit technique my body/mind tenses and resists it to the point where I can not keep a focused mind either. Perhaps it’s just a lack of focus on either side. In MAP, Robert Bruce says OBE exit work is a very fine balancing act and I am really starting to see that.

I just thought of another way of looking at it. When I meditate it’s like I’m focusing into my consciousness, while an OBE exit technique requires focusing outside my physical body. Both techniques require focus, and either way leads to the same result – disassociation between mind and body. Which means understanding that I am more than my physical body, i.e. that my mind is not my brain. And that is the whole point of this 90 day trial.

Right now I just seem to be feeling much more success and progress with focusing inwards, rather than outward. I haven’t had any mind-blowing experiences such as floating over my own physical body, but my belief systems have been slowly chipped away with unusual experiences. My body seems to resist any sort of external focus, and absolutely loves focusing inward. Perhaps yogic meditation or Robert Monroe’s Phasing/Focus Level system is a better path for me than the classic OBE techniques?

One example from today happened while I was meditating. I lost focus for a period of time and started seeing dream imagery, but then quickly realized that this had happened and regained awareness. I came back to staring at the back of my eye-lids, but for a second or so I saw a very distinct dark form stand out from the backdrop. It was extremely unusual from what I normally see with closed eyes, and it kind of felt like a presence. That is a very exciting thought.

A question I have for people is should I be encouraging the dream imagery while meditating or should I be resisting it? I can see benefits to either strategy. I know that Bruce Moen talks about balancing between the perceiver and interpreter; he thinks that cutting out all non-physical perception is a mistake. Perhaps I should practice his strategy of slowing the image process down.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #231 - May 15th, 2010 at 7:04pm

Seraphis1 wrote on May 6th, 2010 at 12:43pm:
5/6/2010 - Well tonight I fly to Faber for Lifeline... the retrieval program... I am not sure I will post.. tho if I do... it will have to be in the retrieval section... I am looking forward to this trip because I am told I will be able to do my second session in the tank.

S.

Summary:

Just to briefly summarize my Lifeline experience. In Guidelines I was told by my guides to take Lifeline next, there I would relieve a phantom. Much happened in that interim and I had possibly five ego changes in that span of time… so, I was skeptical that I could accomplish much more than that in Lifelines. I felt I was possibly played out for a while…

Wrong…..!!

I encountered and retrieved a major phantom which had been blocking my path to my primary goal of Transience… when it was neutralized the very next series of session produced a Self-realization event… in which I was one with the Eternal Self… this lasted only a few hours but it was the first time I had a direct experience of the Self without the tabernacles, Eucharist and Holy Grail shields to protect me from the radiation of the event…

Much more happened but this was The Event.

S.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #232 - May 15th, 2010 at 7:22pm

msagansk wrote on May 15th, 2010 at 3:44pm:
OBE/Astral Projection Trial Day 64

It’s pretty amazing at just how deep meditation can get, and I know I’m still only scratching the surface. I’m finding it easier to get into a trance state, and it also happens more quickly and at a deeper level. All it takes is steady practice.

I would say my main trouble right now is relaxing too much and going off into dream imagery too easily. Once I get too deep into it I find it hard to focus my mind on anything for particularly long, which includes any sort of OBE exit technique.

Hi S: Think about the four conditions that produce an O.B.E.

1. 100 % relaxation
2. Quiet the mind.

Remember the O.B.E. is an automatic reflex… once the control mechanism that triggers the reflex recognizes you are asleep in body and (mind)… the reflex triggers…

This is what is left out of the four steps..

3. Shift your p.o.c. into the rtx-double.
4. Have enough psychic energy to remain outside the body.

Clearly you are ascending into the dream mind territory and that is not quieting the mind… what does quieting the mind mean to you?

But think about this... if you have ascended into the dream mind territory, then, you are in the astral... i.e. you are viewing in the astral form... thus are you in a mind split?? Are you aware of your body while you are in the dream mind territory... what is the definition of a mind split?

S.

IP Logged

msagansk

ALK Member

Canada
Reply #233 - May 15th, 2010 at 9:38pm

Seraphis1 wrote on May 15th, 2010 at 7:04pm:
Seraphis1 wrote on May 6th, 2010 at 12:43pm:

S.

Summary:

Just to briefly summarize my Lifeline experience. In Guidelines I was told by my guides to take Lifeline next, there I would relieve a phantom. Much happened in that interim and I had possibly five ego changes in that span of time… so, I was skeptical that I could accomplish much more than that in Lifelines. I felt I was possibly played out for a while…

Wrong…..!!

I encountered and retrieved a major phantom which had been blocking my path to my primary goal of Transience… when it was neutralized the very next series of session produced a Self-realization event… in which I was one with the Eternal Self… this lasted only a few hours but it was the first time I had a direct experience of the Self without the tabernacles, Eucharist and Holy Grail shields to protect me from the radiation of the event…

Much more happened but this was The Event.

S.

Glad to hear your session was so fruitful to you, although I don't understand all of it. Smiley

Would you recommend taking guidelines then lifeline like you did?

IP Logged

msagansk

ALK Member

Canada
Reply #234 - May 15th, 2010 at 9:45pm

Seraphis1 wrote on May 15th, 2010 at 7:22pm:
Hi S: Think about the four conditions that produce an O.B.E.

1. 100 % relaxation
2. Quiet the mind.

Remember the O.B.E. is an automatic reflex… once the control mechanism that triggers the reflex recognizes you are asleep in body and (mind)… the reflex triggers…

This is what is left out of the four steps..

3. Shift your p.o.c. into the rtx-double.
4. Have enough psychic energy to remain outside the body.

Clearly you are ascending into the dream mind territory and that is not quieting the mind… what does quieting the mind mean to you?

You're right, I guess I should have been more specific. I quiet my mind at first (no thoughts or imagery, just my mantra), but then after a period of time I find myself having visions. They aren't really thoughts either though, so in a sense my mind is still "quiet"... I'm just observing. The thing is, I'm not aware enough to participate in it. It just sort of happens and when I become self-aware again the visions stop.

This stuff is a lot more complicated than I first thought, heh.

Seraphis1 wrote on May 15th, 2010 at 7:22pm:
But think about this... if you have ascended into the dream mind territory, then, you are in the astral... i.e. you are viewing in the astral form... thus are you in a mind split?? Are you aware of your body while you are in the dream mind territory... what is the definition of a mind split?

S.

Yes I believe it is a pretty classic mind split. I'm still aware of my body but it's definitely "in the background". Part of my focus is in the astral and part of it is still in the physical. I'm not sure if it's a self-created dream astral or if I'm actually observing non-physical beings.

It certainly seems like I'm seeing very random events that don't really make any sense to me. Sometimes I think I may be a part of the action though as well... like my point of consciousness is in someone else... cause it usually doesn't feel like "me".

Like I said, this is getting pretty complicated. Smiley

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #235 - May 15th, 2010 at 11:31pm

msagansk wrote on May 15th, 2010 at 9:45pm:
[quote author=497F687B6A7273692B1A0 link=1268502700/232#232 date=1273965727]

You're right, I guess I should have been more specific. I quiet my mind at first (no thoughts or imagery, just my mantra), but then after a period of time I find myself having visions. They aren't really thoughts either though, so in a sense my mind is still "quiet"... I'm just observing. The thing is, I'm not aware enough to participate in it. It just sort of happens and when I become self-aware again the visions stop.

This stuff is a lot more complicated than I first thought, heh.

How does doing a mantra fit with quieting the mind??? Aren't you mixing systems??? Just a thought...

S.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #236 - May 15th, 2010 at 11:41pm

msagansk wrote on May 15th, 2010 at 9:38pm:
[quote author=10263122332B2A3072430 link=1268502700/231#231 date=1273964685][quote author=7A4C5B485941405A18290 link=1268502700/228#228 date=1273164229]

Glad to hear your session was so fruitful to you, although I don't understand all of it. Smiley

Would you recommend taking guidelines then lifeline like you did?

Hi S: Well, Gateway is a prerequisite for all TMI seminars... so you have to do that first... but, guidance is what you need to follow... I'm sure our paths are quite different. My primary goal is Transcendance so I am being led to achieve that goal... you seem to not have a long term goal... at this point your goal seems to be o.b.e. experiences... without a longterm goal... like do you want to achieve escape velocity and move out of this paradigm or do you plan on not reincarnating... do you want to be like the facilitator... until you make these decisions and intend to accomplish them the path will of necessity be a bit random..

S.

IP Logged

msagansk

ALK Member

Canada
Reply #237 - May 16th, 2010 at 1:24am

Seraphis1 wrote on May 15th, 2010 at 11:31pm:
How does doing a mantra fit with quieting the mind??? Aren't you mixing systems??? Just a thought...
S.

Mantras can be used to quiet the mind. I am mixing systems a little... just using what I find works for me and adapting it into my practice. The core of it is still the 90 day MAP trial though.

IP Logged

msagansk

ALK Member

Canada
Reply #238 - May 16th, 2010 at 1:29am

Seraphis1 wrote on May 15th, 2010 at 11:41pm:
Hi S: Well, Gateway is a prerequisite for all TMI seminars... so you have to do that first... but, guidance is what you need to follow... I'm sure our paths are quite different. My primary goal is Transcendance so I am being led to achieve that goal... you seem to not have a long term goal... at this point your goal seems to be o.b.e. experiences... without a longterm goal... like do you want to achieve escape velocity and move out of this paradigm or do you plan on not reincarnating... do you want to be like the facilitator... until you make these decisions and intend to accomplish them the path will of necessity be a bit random..

S.

Right now I'm just trying to be open to various experiences to help shift my belief systems. My goal is wanting to know what's out there and whether all of this stuff is "real", much like how Bruce Moen spent a long time gathering evidence to try and convince himself.

As a longer term goal I want to increase my capabilities in the non-physical while I'm still in the physical. Being present in both the physical and non-physical matter realities like Thomas Campbell and Bruce Moen can do would be very good. I'm also toying around with the idea of becoming a professional psychic/medium.

Basically, I want to see what abilities I can develop and how I can use them to help others.

I've had a couple readings where I've been told that I'm an "old soul", so I've also been around the block a few times and have some wisdom to share. I have a feeling that this may be my last or one of the last incarnations here. But I don't want to jump to conclusions yet.

IP Logged

Volu

Right here and right there
Reply #239 - May 16th, 2010 at 4:27am

Howdy Michael,

"A question I have for people is should I be encouraging the dream imagery while meditating or should I be resisting it?"

Taking an active part in imagining doing something uncomplicated might work, filling in the blanks of that scenario with sensory stuff like how the bread smells while baking it and so on. I like playing the piano, and since I enjoy that it's easy to shift/extend the focus.

Vegetarian is an old indian word for bad hunter.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 34
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.