Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 34
Send Topic Print
90-Day Trial: Achieve an Out of Body Experience (Read 277810 times)
Seraphis1

ALK Member

Re: 90-Day Trial: Achieve an Out of Body Experience
Reply #150 - Apr 22nd, 2010 at 7:30pm

Seraphis1 wrote on Apr 22nd, 2010 at 7:17pm:
msagansk wrote on Apr 22nd, 2010 at 6:02pm:
100% control of what exactly?

You can actually SEE the belief system tree? Wow.

Hi M: This is just my theory... but, the road to all spiritual abilities lies through relaxation... the muscle groups contain all your karmic patterns and events... I've contact two of mine and both times the relaxation event was profound but, of course, limited... i.e.. muscle by muscle group is a long process I assume at some point there will be a whole sale release in a kind of chain reaction... but, I am doing this consciously therefore I assume I am in complete control of the process and can take it whereever I want as opposed to randomly triggering events with out a consistent underpining of conscious volition...

Yeah, it was less like a tree and more like an abstract painting of thousands of intersecting lines but only a few very thick ones... and my interpreter said the thick ones where the major 'ego' structures holding my consciousness in the illusion...

Desolve these and I dissolve my personal 'reality'.

S.

By the way - Robert Bruce is in absolute control of his destiny... he is building a Light Body and doesn't intend to leave the physical universe ala... the Robert Monroe's - Faciliator... see my thread Re: Facilitator... I bumped it up if you are interested... it was buried very deep..

I personally think I am on an escape velocity track... working with Monroe.

S.

IP Logged

msagansk

ALK Member

Canada
Reply #151 - Apr 22nd, 2010 at 7:39pm

Seraphis1 wrote on Apr 22nd, 2010 at 7:30pm:
By the way - Robert Bruce is in absolute control of his destiny... he is building a Light Body and doesn't intend to leave the physical universe ala... the Robert Monroe's - Faciliator... see my thread Re: Facilitator... I bumped it up if you are interested... it was buried very deep..

I personally think I am on an escape velocity track... working with Monroe.

S.

You know, I forgot about the Facilitator. I'm going to have to read those books again sometime, lol.

I have no idea where I stand right now but I do find both ideas intriguing. I'm just trying to keep an open mind.

Where did you learn that about Robert Bruce?

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #152 - Apr 22nd, 2010 at 8:47pm

msagansk wrote on Apr 22nd, 2010 at 7:39pm:
[quote author=083E293A2B3332286A5B0 link=1268502700/150#150 date=1271979030]

Where did you learn that about Robert Bruce?

Hi M: Someone on this board wrote a thread about it. But, I took PAPI and was a member of his graduate forum and he was not happy that my goal was 'escape velocity'... he think that not returning to the physical plane is cutting yourself off from everything that is happening... it is the biggest of challenges... but, I just have had enough... time to transcend.

S.

IP Logged

msagansk

ALK Member

Canada
Reply #153 - Apr 22nd, 2010 at 11:43pm

Seraphis1 wrote on Apr 22nd, 2010 at 8:47pm:
Hi M: Someone on this board wrote a thread about it. But, I took PAPI and was a member of his graduate forum and he was not happy that my goal was 'escape velocity'... he think that not returning to the physical plane is cutting yourself off from everything that is happening... it is the biggest of challenges... but, I just have had enough... time to transcend.

S.

Interesting, I can see where he is coming from. I'm not sure myself, yet.

So you took PAPI, cool... how was it? I had considered taking it at some point but then just decided to follow MAP.

I may take it after MAP depending on how things go and depending on whether I save up enough to go to the Gateway Voyage (going to write an update tomorrow).

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #154 - Apr 23rd, 2010 at 2:11am

msagansk wrote on Apr 22nd, 2010 at 11:43pm:
Seraphis1 wrote on Apr 22nd, 2010 at 8:47pm:

S.

Interesting, I can see where he is coming from. I'm not sure myself, yet.

So you took PAPI, cool... how was it? I had considered taking it at some point but then just decided to follow MAP.

I may take it after MAP depending on how things go and depending on whether I save up enough to go to the Gateway Voyage (going to write an update tomorrow).

Got a lot out of PAPI but of course it is just a way to get one on one guidance from Robert... essentially it is 90 days... lots of feed back by your peers etc... but, Gateway is the way to go...

This is an ongoing thing... you will never be finished unless you transcend... that is a whole nuther thing...

S.

IP Logged

msagansk

ALK Member

Canada
Reply #155 - Apr 23rd, 2010 at 11:51am

OBE/Astral Projection Trial Day 40

Well, things keep getting a whole lot more interesting.

Progress generally feels like 2 steps forward, 1 step back, but every few days I am able to get into a slightly deeper trance state. This basically means a reduction in sensory input, which is part of the process in dissociating from my physical body – I need to keep my physical senses from rooting myself into focusing on the physical. I am able to feel a tingling sensation and a heaviness in my arms and legs fairly easily, but my chest seems to take more effort (especially since I am focusing on my breath).

During a couple of my meditation sessions I’ve had the urge to see if I could communicate with my “guides”. I’d openly ask if they were “around”, and I have gotten confirmation. The type of confirmation is just on the edge of what my analytical/left-brained/atheistic mind can accept – energy surges through my body, eye twitches on demand, and an internal dialogue that feels almost imaginary. The experiences can be interpreted as real or made up, depending on what you believe.

I now see that our beliefs are what limits us, and is what also limits our experiences. It’s sort of a catch-22 because in order to experience something profound you have to believe it to be possible in the first place – that can make it hard for skeptics, when self-fulfilling prophecies come to mind. I feel like I just need to keep an open mind to slowly chip away at my limiting beliefs and concepts. Patience, persistence, and practice will expand my capabilities over time.

A lot of these self-realizations I’ve been having have caused somewhat of a belief-system crash , as coined by Bruce Moen in the Afterlife Knowledge Guidebook (thanks Seraphis). Some of my old limiting beliefs have been dissolved and this has caused me to lose part of my identity/ego. This “loss of self” can be tough on the mind and I know that I need time to heal and reintegrate my new beliefs into a more accurate model of reality. This is hard! (whoops, I suppose that was an affirmation…)

Even if I don’t have an OBE from this trial I’ve already had enough experiences to further pursue meditation and the exploration of consciousness. I now realize that an OBE is just a subset of the larger reality that can be experienced by consciousness. I almost feel like this trial is morphing into something more general – the evolution of my consciousness – rather than to just attain an OBE.

I’m thinking about going to The Monroe Institute for their “Gateway Voyage” retreat. I have their Gateway Experience CD’s which I think I will start listening to regularly instead of the Lucid Dreaming track provided in bwgen. I’ve been a little disappointed with bwgen so far when compared to some of the other binaural beat tracks I’ve tried. I’m going to be focusing on “CD 1 Track 2: Focus 10? for now until I get good at achieving that state.

I have been absorbing quite a bit of material on consciousness this week and I feel like I should slow down a little, especially with the belief system crash. I’m getting the feeling that I should be working on experiencing more, rather than just reading about it. The books are only pointers. Reality is subjective so it’s up to me to see what is really true or not.

That being said I am now interested in reading the “My Big Toe” trilogy from Thomas Campbell. He worked with Robert Monroe at the very early stages of the creation of Hemi-Sync. I particularly like his model of consciousness and reality, especially the mapping of entropy with love.

IP Logged

goobygirl

USA
Reply #156 - Apr 23rd, 2010 at 12:05pm

I use Gateway as well. I have a hard time reaching focus 10. I get numb then tingly but I'm not sure what's really going on if it is 10 or not. I feel like the time on the tapes given to reach 10 is not long enough. I often click out and wake up to Monroe telling me to do something. The other day he started talking in my ear after I had clicked out and I really had a startle! I mean, a gasp and a jump! ha ha

My big TOE I read some in part online I think. I'm a fairly intelligent person and read complicated legal documents. I have a background in science.  That said, I thought it was over my head and a bit boring. That's just my opinion.

I think there is no better teacher than experience. My meditation teacher recommends 1.5 hours per day, as a minimum, and I'd have to agree. When I first started meditating, I had more visual experiences of light, the tunnel (I actually zoomed through it and then boom, back before anything else happened).  Now I feel like I too have gone two steps back a bit. But then last night I got the tunnel experience again and very very detailed colored visions.

I'm sure if I put more time in I'd get more out of it. But I do meditate at least 45 mins nightly.....gonna try doing it during the day when not so sleepy. My meditation teacher says this type of meditation is sleep-a-tation, not true meditation, lol.

Goobygirl

IP Logged

msagansk

ALK Member

Canada
Reply #157 - Apr 23rd, 2010 at 12:10pm

Yeah I've had similar experiences with Focus 10 in the past, haha. I'm determined to use what I've learned to minimize click-outs going forward - although Bruce Moen's Perceiver/Interpreter concept with regards to click-outs suggests that they may not be all that bad for you.

I've listened to Thomas Campbell's video lecture at TMI and thought it was fascinating. I've heard his book is harder to understand though.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #158 - Apr 23rd, 2010 at 1:14pm

msagansk wrote on Apr 23rd, 2010 at 11:51am:
OBE/Astral Projection Trial Day 40

Well, things keep getting a whole lot more interesting.

Progress generally feels like 2 steps forward, 1 step back, but every few days I am able to get into a slightly deeper trance state. This basically means a reduction in sensory input, which is part of the process in dissociating from my physical body – I need to keep my physical senses from rooting myself into focusing on the physical. I am able to feel a tingling sensation and a heaviness in my arms and legs fairly easily, but my chest seems to take more effort (especially since I am focusing on my breath).

The Heart business (you are awakening the heart chakra - re-read astral dynamic material on the function of the heart chakra in the formation of the real time zone double)  is very important that is where the fundamental body is going to generate the real time zone double... it might be well to now introduce the akg heart intelligence exercise with a proviso to be alert for the potential to also integrate teh love exercises (love being the lubricant so to speak) as a computer guy you should be able to great a composite disk or ipod meditation potpourri... you are very close.

S. [/quote]

During a couple of my meditation sessions I’ve had the urge to see if I could communicate with my “guides”. I’d openly ask if they were “around”, and I have gotten confirmation. The type of confirmation is just on the edge of what my analytical/left-brained/atheistic mind can accept – energy surges through my body, eye twitches on demand, and an internal dialogue that feels almost imaginary. The experiences can be interpreted as real or made up, depending on what you believe.

This is where the tape recording device would be helpful for future reference... you need to id the location of the twitches and various body effects... you are activating the acupunture meridian networks...  be interesting and maybe helpful to come back to these to map the sequences and analyze them at a future time..

[/quote]

I now see that our beliefs are what limits us, and is what also limits our experiences. It’s sort of a catch-22 because in order to experience something profound you have to believe it to be possible in the first place – that can make it hard for skeptics, when self-fulfilling prophecies come to mind. I feel like I just need to keep an open mind to slowly chip away at my limiting beliefs and concepts. Patience, persistence, and practice will expand my capabilities over time.

A lot of these self-realizations I’ve been having have caused somewhat of a belief-system crash , as coined by Bruce Moen in the Afterlife Knowledge Guidebook (thanks Seraphis). Some of my old limiting beliefs have been dissolved and this has caused me to lose part of my identity/ego. This “loss of self” can be tough on the mind and I know that I need time to heal and reintegrate my new beliefs into a more accurate model of reality. This is hard! (whoops, I suppose that was an affirmation…)

Soon you should have an 'ego' crisis you may already have had one... p. 56 akg when it happened use one of the stablizing techniques... do you have a confidant who accepts you and your goals unconditionally... and is a good listener... my first major crisis I had a bahia friend who doesn't believe any of my stuff but he quietly listened to my who made no judgement he quietly went away and maybe 'screamed'... but, didn't tell me about it.

S. [/quote]

I’m thinking about going to The Monroe Institute for their “Gateway Voyage” retreat. I have their Gateway Experience CD’s which I think I will start listening to regularly instead of the Lucid Dreaming track provided in bwgen. I’ve been a little disappointed with bwgen so far when compared to some of the other binaural beat tracks I’ve tried. I’m going to be focusing on “CD 1 Track 2: Focus 10? for now until I get good at achieving that state.

I recommend going directly to akg part i and ii, and do gateway as soon as you can... the personal trainers will be able to do private stuff to help you consolidate your gains in an experienced consulting mode (live one on one), but put about a month between programs... and you should consider (now that you are almost a god - to rest on Sunday do nothing connect with spiritual work just get it out of mind and environment)

S.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #159 - Apr 23rd, 2010 at 1:22pm

4/23/2010 - Dreams:

I think I am entering another ego shift (morph???) I was a wine merchant... I entered this mansion and some slick looking guy gave me $2400 dollars for one case of my best vintage as we went to the car to get the wine he saw a case of a poorer grade and want that thrown into the deal... I was so happy with having made the sale that I agreed he began to finagle me more and I realize I was being out manuvered and city slickered and I had no answer he was too good for me... I became confused... but I never woke up in the dream... later I tried to get back but still didn't wake up in the dream...

dream two: I got lost in the city there are freeways and bus lines I don't know how to get where I am going... (I still don't wake up in the dream)... lucid dreaming is not one of my skills...

But now I am very sleepy all the time... I am confused on waking and it is taking awhile to get oriented... some change is coming and I have no answer...

S.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #160 - Apr 23rd, 2010 at 2:51pm

Seraphis1 wrote on Apr 23rd, 2010 at 1:22pm:
4/23/2010 - Dreams:

I think I am entering another ego shift (morph???) I was a wine merchant... I entered this mansion and some slick looking guy gave me $2400 dollars for one case of my best vintage as we went to the car to get the wine he saw a case of a poorer grade and want that thrown into the deal... I was so happy with having made the sale that I agreed he began to finagle me more and I realize I was being out manuvered and city slickered and I had no answer he was too good for me... I became confused... but I never woke up in the dream... later I tried to get back but still didn't wake up in the dream...

It pays to write stuff down... just a while ago my interpreter gave me the meaning of the dream... I am a fine wine merchant - ( I am handing fine merchandize... spiritual awakening which are very valuable... I still have old belief systems that are not as valuable - lesser quaility wine... the city slicker is the wily ego... it is willing to buy my quality wine and pay top dollar, but, it still wants the old wine around (I was shown my belief system tree... the network is very complex)... I am overwhelmed and being out manuevered and at present I don't think I am in the same class as the city slicker (in the matrix there is the Frenchman who represents the powerful ego which has enjoyed control for may millions may billions of years earth time)... it has a lot of tricks up its sleeve... but like Neo, I am the One... (that is... my ultimate awareness of the Self as the real me is all I need... allow 'Grace' to eventually get exercised and the illusion however cleverly built will and must dissolve) all I have to do is to keep doing what I am doing.

S.

dream two: I got lost in the city there are freeways and bus lines I don't know how to get where I am going... (I still don't wake up in the dream)... lucid dreaming is not one of my skills...

Seraphis1 wrote on Apr 23rd, 2010 at 1:22pm:
But now I am very sleepy all the time... I am confused on waking and it is taking awhile to get oriented... some change is coming and I have no answer...

S.

Let's see what happens to my lethargy now that I know what the first dream meant.

S.

IP Logged

msagansk

ALK Member

Canada
Reply #161 - Apr 23rd, 2010 at 2:53pm

Seraphis1 wrote on Apr 23rd, 2010 at 1:14pm:
The Heart business (you are awakening the heart chakra - re-read astral dynamic material on the function of the heart chakra in the formation of the real time zone double)  is very important that is where the fundamental body is going to generate the real time zone double... it might be well to now introduce the akg heart intelligence exercise with a proviso to be alert for the potential to also integrate teh love exercises (love being the lubricant so to speak) as a computer guy you should be able to great a composite disk or ipod meditation potpourri... you are very close.

S.

I am hesitant to start the AKG exercises due to time constraints and not wanting to overload myself. I will look into this though and see if I can fit a little in.

This is where the tape recording device would be helpful for future reference... you need to id the location of the twitches and various body effects... you are activating the acupunture meridian networks...  be interesting and maybe helpful to come back to these to map the sequences and analyze them at a future time..

I've got a voice recorder on my blackberry so I can start with that and see.

Soon you should have an 'ego' crisis you may already have had one... p. 56 akg when it happened use one of the stablizing techniques... do you have a confidant who accepts you and your goals unconditionally... and is a good listener... my first major crisis I had a bahia friend who doesn't believe any of my stuff but he quietly listened to my who made no judgement he quietly went away and maybe 'screamed'... but, didn't tell me about it.

S.

I've got a girlfriend who has not been judgmental yet, although she expresses concerns for going "too deep". These posts I make on this forum, my blog, and other forums are another form of release for me. I've considered going to a spiritualist church or at least SOME group of people I can share with - most of my current friends are not spiritual at all. This relates to the principle of love Steve Pavlina talks about.

I recommend going directly to akg part i and ii, and do gateway as soon as you can... the personal trainers will be able to do private stuff to help you consolidate your gains in an experienced consulting mode (live one on one), but put about a month between programs... and you should consider (now that you are almost a god - to rest on Sunday do nothing connect with spiritual work just get it out of mind and environment)

S.

The gateway voyage in July would be about a month after I'm done this 90 day trial and it does coincide with where I had planned to take a 3-week vacation from work. Raising the money may be difficult though by then.. and I'm not sure what I would tell my friends and family lol!

IP Logged

msagansk

ALK Member

Canada
Reply #162 - Apr 23rd, 2010 at 2:55pm

Seraphis1 wrote on Apr 23rd, 2010 at 2:51pm:

Could the network of roads represent your belief system tree and signify that you're feeling a little lost with parts of it?

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #163 - Apr 23rd, 2010 at 3:22pm

msagansk wrote on Apr 23rd, 2010 at 2:53pm:

S.

I am hesitant to start the AKG exercises due to time constraints and not wanting to overload myself. I will look into this though and see if I can fit a little in.

Well, just pointed out that you are currently in a position to do a full court press… to great advantage… but, on the other hand you have the rest of your life now that you have tasted the potential of the non-physical…

S.

I've got a voice recorder on my blackberry so I can start with that and see. [/quote]

Do you have a lapel mic… that works best to pick up all sounds… I connect mine to my head set to keep it close to my mouth and not get covered up with blankets which will muffle the output.

S.

S.

I've got a girlfriend who has not been judgmental yet, although she expresses concerns for going "too deep". These posts I make on this forum, my blog, and other forums are another form of release for me. I've considered going to a spiritualist church or at least SOME group of people I can share with - most of my current friends are not spiritual at all. This relates to the principle of love Steve Pavlina talks about. [/quote]

At some point you will have a major crisis and a personal live one on one confidant is important it has to do with the aura… but, it definitely has to be a spiritually evolved person and not just anyone…

By the way, I don’t want to alarm you but you should know you might become quite ill at some point I did but because I knew what it was I was not too alarmed… I am sorry to inform you this work is like being pregnant… you can’t just be a little bit pregnant… “too deep” isn’t the word for it… I hope you don’t get side track and lose a lot of year because of social pressure to quit.

S.

S.

The gateway voyage in July would be about a month after I'm done this 90 day trial and it does coincide with where I had planned to take a 3-week vacation from work. Raising the money may be difficult though by then.. and I'm not sure what I would tell my friends and family lol! [/quote]

If you allow family and friends to control you spiritual destiny… good luck..

S.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #164 - Apr 23rd, 2010 at 3:26pm

Seraphis1 wrote on Apr 23rd, 2010 at 3:22pm:
msagansk wrote on Apr 23rd, 2010 at 2:53pm:

S.

Well, just pointed out that you are currently in a position to do a full court press… to great advantage… but, on the other hand you have the rest of your life now that you have tasted the potential of the non-physical…

S.

I've got a voice recorder on my blackberry so I can start with that and see.

Do you have a lapel mic… that works best to pick up all sounds… I connect mine to my head set to keep it close to my mouth and not get covered up with blankets which will muffle the output.

S.

S.

I've got a girlfriend who has not been judgmental yet, although she expresses concerns for going "too deep". These posts I make on this forum, my blog, and other forums are another form of release for me. I've considered going to a spiritualist church or at least SOME group of people I can share with - most of my current friends are not spiritual at all. This relates to the principle of love Steve Pavlina talks about. [/quote]

At some point you will have a major crisis and a personal live one on one confidant is important it has to do with the aura… but, it definitely has to be a spiritually evolved person and not just anyone…

By the way, I don’t want to alarm you but you should know you might become quite ill at some point I did but because I knew what it was I was not too alarmed… I am sorry to inform you this work is like being pregnant… you can’t just be a little bit pregnant… “too deep” isn’t the word for it… I hope you don’t get side track and lose a lot of year because of social pressure to quit.

S.

S.

The gateway voyage in July would be about a month after I'm done this 90 day trial and it does coincide with where I had planned to take a 3-week vacation from work. Raising the money may be difficult though by then.. and I'm not sure what I would tell my friends and family lol! [/quote]

If you allow family and friends to control you spiritual destiny… good luck..

S.
[/quote]

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 34
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.