Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Changing Disk Families? (Read 4573 times)
betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Changing Disk Families?
Dec 19th, 2009 at 10:20am

Greetings,

My husband doesn't know alot about our explorations because he used to be quite skeptical. He now has dreams that fit our explorations and so I explain how they do illustrate afterlife experiences. Here's another one:

David dreamt he was in a vast pleasant building looking around when some young fellows came up and asked if he'd be on their sports team. He thought he should be doing something else but he said OK and went to get some equipment.
A group of older men in suits then approached him and they made freindly small talk; then a middle-aged woman took him aside and wanted to show him something.  They went into another huge room that had glass furniture --alot of desks--and was beautiful in an austere way. She pointed out a desk and said "Isn't this lovely?" and he agreed.
Then a group of young men came in and took him over to the corner where they said 'You don't want to come here; you'll get watched all the time. come with us instead."  He got the idea they were in sales.

Do you think these were tours of The Reception Center?
Do you think David is considering changing his purpose or disk family?

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Re: Changing Disk Families?
Reply #1 - Dec 19th, 2009 at 11:10am

That's fascinating, Bets. The thing that immediately comes to mind for me is the old familiar phrase: People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.  Seems to relate to the comment in David's dream about 'people watching'.

Throwing stones can be related to sports, in a way.

It surely sounds like he is being given/shown some interesting sights, and is possibly in the midst of some kind of decision, how to 'play ball' -- where to fit in -- what lessons he wants to learn now -- whom he really feels motivated to spend time around and why. I can see that, from the dream, so you seem to be on the right track, to me.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #2 - Dec 20th, 2009 at 2:43am

It sounds to me more like a symbolic experience. 

About changing disk families...

The way I understand the disk/oversoul/higher self concept, the idea of "switching/changing" from one to another is just not the way it works.  The disk is the source of our consciousness.  It is not possible to change the source of our being. 

Now, some believe the oversoul idea is more like a community of souls which are only connected because they share the same mindsets, core beliefs, and overall energetic patterns.  If this was the true nature of the disk, then switching from one oversoul to another would be a matter of changing your beliefs.  However, there are portions of our being that must exist in a higher level simultaneous to our physical existence- for example, the aspect of our higher consciousness which regulates our bodily functions, and the portions through which we create our everyday lives and personal experience.  Not to mention the guidance we receive through synchronistic events and mystic experiences.  These necessitate on the existence of a higher portion of our individual beings.

Sorry if i got a bit off topic.  It sort of flowed from me.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

O

ALK Member

Reply #3 - Dec 25th, 2009 at 7:45am

Just some ideas about the symbolism.

Glass furniture, especially a glass desk - transparency?

When something is transparent, indeed everybody can watch.

There are three age ranges represented - young (men), middle-aged (woman), older (men). These can also represent stages of life - indeed many men are heavily invested in sports in their youth. The habits of youth are hard to shed, and even though David thinks he has something better to do, he starts to look for equipment. So maybe the habits of youth tend to overrule sometimes even his own judgement?

In the same vein he seems to be quite comfortable around the other age groups, perhaps meaning that he is okay with the concept of aging?

Maybe the young men were in sales because he is "sold" on the idea they gave him?

People in suits could quite literally "mean business." Desks are usually related to work or writing. Maybe the transparency could mean - just as an example - going public with his writing (assuming there's any connection in that direction that makes sense, of course) - because then everybody could see. Then, on the other hand, the young men from sales could be beliefs from when he was younger who represent the fear of criticism (being watched).

Be well

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #4 - Dec 25th, 2009 at 7:13pm

Thank you all, from David and from me, for different reasons  Smiley

David is 'lit up' by your insights! You have opened him up to possibilities that I was unable to affect --thank you!  Yes, he is considering new possibilities on several levels, and you have helped him validate the need for these new considerations. (O, did you consciously know that he writes? So far only for his own enjoyment.)

And I see I'd latched on to an idea that I kept too narrow, that I didn't see as a concept but tried to make into a way too narrow fact.

Many thanks,
Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

O

ALK Member

Reply #5 - Dec 28th, 2009 at 6:19am

He really writes? Wonderful!  Smiley

(This forum needs a bigger grin smiley!)

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #6 - Dec 30th, 2009 at 3:40pm

Below is another possible interpretation (comments in brackets).

David dreamt he was in a vast pleasant building looking around when some young fellows came up and asked if he'd be on their sports team. [The young fellows represent imature aspects of David that don't want to merge with his higher self/disk.]

He thought he should be doing something else but he said OK and went to get some equipment.[The part of David that knows better seeks another approach.]

A group of older men in suits [Wiser parts of David's self] then approached him and they made freindly small talk [positive communication without being pushy]; then a middle-aged woman took him aside and wanted to show him something.  They went into another huge room that had glass furniture [the glass represents spirit energy]--alot of desks [various parts of David's self/disk]--and was beautiful in an austere way [another good sign]. She pointed out a desk and said "Isn't this lovely?" [yet another good sign] and he agreed. [another good sign]

Then a group of young men came in and took him over to the corner where they said 'You don't want to come here; you'll get watched all the time [these younster's represent David's egotistical self, the parts that want to remain separate from his higher self, they cling to privacy and seperateness]. come with us instead."  He got the idea they were in sales[sometimes sales people try to sell you something you don't want].

Or in otherwords, the parts of David that want to merge with his higher self are in conflict with the parts that don't.

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #7 - Dec 31st, 2009 at 2:04am

Yes, Recoverer,

That fits too -- Wow.
I'll give him a copy of your post and see how it goes over.
Many thanks!

Big smilie to you too, 0  Smiley !  The more we use these neglected channels, especially with kind motivations, the more active and useful they become.

Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

usetawuz

ALK Member

ne fla
Reply #8 - Feb 16th, 2010 at 4:58pm

recoverer wrote on Dec 30th, 2009 at 3:40pm:
Or in otherwords, the parts of David that want to merge with his higher self are in conflict with the parts that don't.

This resonated with me tremendously...when I read it the hair stood up on the back of my neck!

I have read in Newton of some younger souls speaking of others advancing at a faster pace, and while it was couched in loving terms and best wishes, there seemed to be some level of abandonment or "leaving the band".  This is just my simplistic impression of a very interesting dream...which might not have been a dream at all. 

I would love to hear about any follow up dreams he might have that add clarity, or even muddy the water.  Funny, I usually have the same lucid dream a couple of times...the second one I am even more conscious in, although I haven't gotten much additional information, but rather simply get to extend the experience...more time in sheer joy!

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #9 - Feb 17th, 2010 at 9:59am

Hi

David thanks for your interest, Usetawuz and also to b2, recoverer, and O.

Usetawuz, you realize that when you get a reaction to comments like that, it shows they were meant for you, regardless of whoever else is involved.  That's part of what's so great about these discussions, that the meanings keep rippling along  Smiley

David's had some very intriguing dreams but they would  'muddy the waters' of this one. His pattern of themes is very scattered. However now that he's been initiated on the Dream Forum, he'll let me post any that seem to deal with afterlife possibilities. Thanks for that suggestion.

Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

usetawuz

ALK Member

ne fla
Reply #10 - Feb 17th, 2010 at 1:24pm

betson wrote on Feb 17th, 2010 at 9:59am:
Usetawuz, you realize that when you get a reaction to comments like that, it shows they were meant for you, regardless of whoever else is involved.  That's part of what's so great about these discussions, that the meanings keep rippling along  Smiley

Bets

I did not realize that...I thought that it was simply a signal that it rang true.  It is happening much more frequently now, so I'd better pay attention! 

As a matter of fact, I am on this board as a result of many synchronistic events which I am interpreting as direction from my higher self, the universe, and creator mandating changes in my life.

When I have time to type them in I will contribute some of my lucid dreams/past or future events for everyone's review and comment.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.