Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Writing screenplay about afterlife (Read 3828 times)
I Am Dude

Writing screenplay about afterlife
Sep 21st, 2009 at 7:49pm

I am currenly writing a screenplay, which I will then film as a short movie, when finished.  It is a story of a man who believes he is going crazy, but in a crazy twist, eventually realizes that he has actually died.  He must discover the true nature of his situation and how to escape the terrorizing beings who follow him before it's too late.  The genre is probably closest to a psychological mystery.  I will film it with my own equipment, star my friends and myself in the cast, produce the soundtrack, and edit and finalize the movie.  I hope to be finished by November.  I will post the link when complete!

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Cricket

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Writing screenplay about afterlife
Reply #1 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 10:02pm

Wow, sounds exciting to work on.  Can't wait to see it.

IP Logged

Ally

Reply #2 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 11:18pm

That sounds like a really cool project, man. Wink

I'd like to see it, too. I like short films. Smiley

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #3 - Sep 24th, 2009 at 10:17pm

If you haven't seen "Sixth Sense" yet, this is the time to watch it.

My sister once put some effort in a screenplay about King Arthur and the Holy Grail, and half a year later a movie about this very subject started in the cinemas  Tongue . Of course my sister said her screenplay would have been 10 times better than that movie  Wink .

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #4 - Sep 26th, 2009 at 1:35am

Spooky

Yeah I've seen it.  My movie is totally different.  Basically the movie is the main character going around talking to people who share philosophical/spiritual insights with him.  The movie is basically a platform to share my beliefs about the nature of life and the afterlife with the audience.  Of course all of this is intertwined in the plot.  There are also some run ins with demons which add action and thrills.  Hopefully my new professional line video editing and special effects software will do the movie some justice.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Volu

Right here and right there
Reply #5 - Sep 26th, 2009 at 4:25am

Dude,
"Hopefully my new professional line video editing and special effects software will do the movie some justice."

Nice one. I really enjoy getting into the creative groove. Which reminds me that andrew kramer has some good free and commercial after effects tutorials. - Once there is a link available for your movie, I'm there!

Vegetarian is an old indian word for bad hunter.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #6 - Sep 26th, 2009 at 11:36am

Volu

Andrew kramer is the man!  I've been glued to his tutorials lately.  I'm considering cartoonizing the entire film in a Waking Life style.

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #7 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 10:05pm

OOB,

If you haven't seen it, rent or see the movie "Jacob's Ladder." starring Tim Robbins.  It is along the lines you mentioned.  Jacob was, as I recall in Vietnam, and his troop was given an experimental drug to make them better soldiers.  Instead, they went crazy, and he ends up getting bayonetted early in the movie.  Then the movie follows him after his return home.  Only, things aren't quite right.  He sees horrible demons, here and there.  Without ruining it for you or others, the movie deals really with some of the types of themes you mentioned.  Great movie, though disturbing.

Still, you picked a great area, as not many movies have been done in this genre, and I actually think it could be very very popular.

Best of luck,

Matthew

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #8 - Sep 29th, 2009 at 10:17am

OODude,

I'm also really looking forward to it!  Do you think it might be available over the internet?

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #9 - Sep 29th, 2009 at 12:11pm

Thanks guys.

Yeah it will be up on almost all video hosting websites, like youtube, google video, ect...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.