Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Kind of a personal dream. (Read 2578 times)
Ally

Kind of a personal dream.
Sep 10th, 2009 at 6:41pm

This is somewhat of a personal dream, but I still wanted to share it because I wanted help with interpretation.

I visited one of my ex-boyfriends. One who I haven't seen or talked to in over 3 years. We had a year-long relationship and after that stayed friends and lived together as room mates for a couple more years. Everything played out and fizzled out and there was nothing left between us.

But, now, I wonder what to do with those 'leftover' feelings that still remain that cause you to be haunted by these people you spent time with.

Anyway, I dreamed that I was tallking to him while on a bed. Somewhat big and appeared to be his room though I never saw it before. It was also messy. There was someone else there, too, to the side but I wasn't aware of who it was, but he seemed to be talking to this guy also while talking to me. I got the impression that this other guy was one of his friends.

Anyway, I started getting the feeling of feeling 'close' to him again, and he seemed to be feeling it, too. We wanted to hug and hold each other. It was like a feeling of having missed each other. I suddenly noticed that some of the things on the floor next to the bed was several pairs of my panties, never saw or wore in the physical, yet I knew they were mine, and they were not clean, and I began picking them up and stuffing them inside of a school back pack, and got the impression that I had to go back to school soon, and the inside of the backpack was full of junk and messes from possibly another dream, and I cleaned some of it out. I picked up some more of my stuff from the floor of the room, feeling like I had accidentally left them there a while ago and needed to get them out.

Then I went back to talking to this guy, and I said to him "You know, I'm glad we don't live together, anymore because now we miss each other."  And then we did start hugging and holding, and we kissed once, open mouthed, and I got the feeling that we were just back together temporarily, that it was more out of missing each other. Very strange feelings.

So, did I actually pay this guy a visit, and get some symbolism also, or was it pure symbolism? I think I visited him. It's not the first time I have dreamed about him. Does anyone think I have these dreams because he was thinking about me, also?

thanks,

Ally

IP Logged

Pat E.

Northern California
Re: Kind of a personal dream.
Reply #1 - Sep 11th, 2009 at 1:11am

Ally, it sounds like you have some "unfinished business" here.  Maybe your things in his room reflect that, i.e. you have some leftover feelings to deal with.  Sometimes even when we think we are finished with relationships, they aren't finished with us.

IP Logged

Ally

Reply #2 - Sep 11th, 2009 at 1:57am

Pat E. wrote on Sep 11th, 2009 at 1:11am:
Ally, it sounds like you have some "unfinished business" here.  Maybe your things in his room reflect that, i.e. you have some leftover feelings to deal with.  Sometimes even when we think we are finished with relationships, they aren't finished with us.

Thank you, Pat.  I appreciate your input. Yeah, I kind of thought that my things in there, particularly dirty panties reflected leftover romantic and sexual feelings towards this guy. But I know things weren't meant to be with him. So I'm not quite sure what I could be sorting out if I spoke to him again. I've been wondering how he's been doing, yes, but beyond that? I don't know what I should be doing.

Yeah, the relationship wasn't finished with me, I guess. Occasionally, I get those types of dreams from other exes, but it's been most common with him. Probably because I had the longest relationship with him aside from the very last one.

I remember having a dream once a long time ago about the same guy, only I followed him to a lake and discovered he was totally wasted drunk. He put his arm around my waist in the dream and started talking to me, but I did not like the feeling I got from him at all in that dream. I worried for days after that dream that he was becoming a drunk. I still think he is.

But the feelings were completely different in this dream this time. Much better. But too much nostalgia. I felt kind of uncomfortable sliding back into romantic stuff with him. I knew it would go nowhere.

Anyway, thanks for your comment, Pat. Smiley

IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 11th, 2009 at 7:37am

Perhaps, Ally, spend some time going over these relationships you have had, and give some time to settling these affairs in your mind and heart. No relationship that we have is ever 'over' in my honest opinion. What we create stays with us. It is up to us to find a way to reconcile our lost hopes and dreams with the truth of what we have experienced. We have a longing, deep inside of us, for the truth. We won't be able to rest until we find the truth.

I wish you good fortune on your quest. You obviously have a lot of warmth and affection to offer, so maybe just look at it all as part of your special journey toward fulfillment. It is a good sign that there were positive feelings in your dream. You have a desire to 'clean up' your emotional life. There is a part of you that wants a 'clean slate' to begin anew.

Perhaps just meditate on letting go, and moving on. Wish the other well. Wish yourself well. All is well.

IP Logged

Ally

Reply #4 - Sep 11th, 2009 at 4:47pm

Quote:
Perhaps, Ally, spend some time going over these relationships you have had, and give some time to settling these affairs in your mind and heart. No relationship that we have is ever 'over' in my honest opinion. What we create stays with us. It is up to us to find a way to reconcile our lost hopes and dreams with the truth of what we have experienced. We have a longing, deep inside of us, for the truth. We won't be able to rest until we find the truth.

I wish you good fortune on your quest. You obviously have a lot of warmth and affection to offer, so maybe just look at it all as part of your special journey toward fulfillment. It is a good sign that there were positive feelings in your dream. You have a desire to 'clean up' your emotional life. There is a part of you that wants a 'clean slate' to begin anew.

Perhaps just meditate on letting go, and moving on. Wish the other well. Wish yourself well. All is well.

B2, thank you for your advice and input, also.  Smiley  It really means a lot.

I suppose during the next time I practice meditating, I will do that, also. I will meditate on letting go, moving on and wishing them well, especially this particular person, because for some reason I felt the most concerned about him. I don't think anyone else ever got to know him the way I did, and doubt that anyone else ever will. Except for his brother. But I'm the only other woman that knows what his old life growing up was like besides his mother who died recently. He was adopted, and his adoptive mother was old and very cold to him emotionally. He has never met his real mother. Those things and some others is why I remained so concerned for him even years after what was between us ended.

I will meditate on it, b2.  Thank you.  Smiley

love,

Ally

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.