Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
'The Divine Matrix' idea of prayer (Read 2491 times)
betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
'The Divine Matrix' idea of prayer
Jun 30th, 2009 at 11:10am

Hi

In Gregg Braden's book "The Divine Matrix' many discussions overlap Bruce Moen's information. Bruce's works predate this matrix book and have been proven by those who practice them.

So I'm a bit perplexed by a difference in Braden's understanding of prayer and Bruce's 'setting intent.' Braden says that as soon as we've thought of a prayer (for example for healing) it's sent and received.  Bruce has advised us to firmly set our intent before imagining the result.

When I use Bruce's method, I feel a response of energy back, but nothing happens when I use Brade'ns method.
Do you think one method is stronger, has more effect than the other ?

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

DocM

Re: 'The Divine Matrix' idea of prayer
Reply #1 - Jun 30th, 2009 at 9:48pm

Hi Bets,

Here is my take on it.  Prayer is most effective when intent is set at the deepest level, where intent merges with belief.  That is why, in healing circles you hear interesting methods of achieving this such as giving thanks for the healing before it has happened.  Feeling joyful, laughing, cultivating the feeling of the healing prior to it happening.  Seeing the ill person in your mind as smiling, dancing or laughing, free of their illness.

This is the difference between spiritual healing and prayer as most people know it.  Prayer is often thought of as supplication.  Throwing ourselves on the mercy of God, with the fear of a negative outcome.  This type of prayer is, in my opinion often impotent.  It does not harness our intent coupled to our deep belief in the outcome.  In short, it does not let our thoughts create reality in the real world, because supplication prayer is said, with thoughts working at cross purposes. 

Matthew

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Re: 'The Divine Matrix' idea of prayer
Reply #2 - Jul 1st, 2009 at 12:05pm

Thanks DocM,

You said:"" Seeing the ill person in your mind
as smiling, dancing or laughing, free of their illness."

Thank you for the reminder! Braden also emphasizes emotions' importance. I do tend to get too somber about most everything.
I'll try to 'raise my spirits.'  (Where is the sprite Alysia anyway?!) 

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.