Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
nice piece of writing (Read 1930 times)
moonsandjunes
Ex Member

nice piece of writing
Jun 24th, 2009 at 1:30pm

A friend shared this with me today. A fellow named Scott wrote it. The original 'requirement' was that the story be only 3 lines long.

I hope Scott won't mind that I share it here, as it was shared previously on a public forum. Although it was written with a love story in mind, I think it describes perfectly what waits for us, for anyone open to this experience. Although the story describes a personal relationship with another person, I think it just as well describes what it is like to meet ourselves, in the places I have been.

"Journey's End" [a short 'Brokeback Mountain' fan fiction]

Strange how such grand stillness could contain this wonderful velocity, and how such velvety darkness could open up to reveal that golden, effulgent Light, which even now, as he somehow knew, was welcoming him Home...

A rush of cosmic wind swept him ever so gently towards the warmth and the lightness of a Love that he knew, in the deepest part of his heart, to be his due for simply having been true; names and obligations fell away as he drew closer to the waiting one, whose memory of blue eyes met the memory of his brown ones, and whose hands clasped his own in the bond of recognition...

Embrace...fulfillment...peace...they were no longer on the mountain, nor even on the earth, but they had found that open space to be themselves, and to know the Truth of what they had always been, forever brothers, lovers, and friends.

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Re: nice piece of writing
Reply #1 - Jun 25th, 2009 at 10:24am

Greetings Moonsandjunes,

Thank you!

Do you know if Scott practices OBing, or whether he got his words through 'inspiration'?

Betson

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

moonsandjunes
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 25th, 2009 at 12:56pm

Thanks for your response, Bets! As it turns out, word that I had put this little story here reached Scott yesterday. I gave him the link to this site, where he noticed your question. I have only just made his acquaintance, but he let me know that,

quote:
"I based my story on inspiration, deriving my scenario from what I have read of near-death experiences (a subject which fascinates me). I have never, to my conscious mind, experienced an out-of-body state, though my mother has twice."

So, there you go!

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #3 - Jun 25th, 2009 at 4:05pm

Wow, there we go!
Nice coincidences too!

I was hoping that the thoughts came by 'inspiration', as Scott confirmed.  This way the beauty and truth of what was written gains in 'mystery' .

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.